- » Greek Holiday
Greek Holiday Recipes
Enjoy our collection of greek holiday recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for greek holiday recipes.
If you are looking to have yummy cookies at home, try making some of these butter cookies which is ideal for special occasions like Christmas. They are butter cookies covered with icing sugar and are a favorite among Greeks. This recipe makes a huge amount... - 108.192
The Greek Cook:greek Apple Pie
Apple desserts are cool enough to make and serve over most occasions particularly as after meal desserts. Here is a recipe to make Apple Pie in Greek style that is easy to make involving a few simple steps and ingredients. Apple Pie so tempting! - 101.547
Plums With Maple Syrup And Greek Yogurt
Fruits are natural sweet foods that are good as they are and good when used in foods. Watch how to make Roasted Plums with Maple Syrup and Greek yogurt along with other sweetening ingredients. Good as an after dinner dessert. - 91.957
Kourabiedes are known with different names in different countries. With a few whips, the chef makes a cookie dough and rolls them into cookie. These are delicious sugar cookie, definitely servable for your next Christmas. The walnuts in there are heart... - 79.7607
This is a kid Friendly Greek Baklava Recipe. My wife likes this Greek Baklava recipe. Whenever my son gets annoyed, my wife uses this dish to delight him. The interesting fact about this dish is that the very mention of it delights my son. So this dish... - 51.645
1. Let the oven heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and grease and line a 20 cm (8 in) round tin.
2. Cream the fat, sugar and egg yolks together until light and fluffy.
3. Put in the vanilla and beat again.
4. Very slowly add the semolina and... - 51.3854
Greek Pizza Snacks
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F
2) Onto a baking sheet, place the muffins with the cut side facing up
3) Spread a tablespoon of the cream cheese onto the muffin
4) Into a bowl add the ham and using the fork break into small pieces
5) Spoon... - 49.3444
Combine the flour, sugar, salt and grated lemon zest in a mixing bowl.
Whisk the eggs with the smaller quantity of ouzo (you can use more later if the dough seems dry).
Beat this into the dry ingredients until well absorbed.
Add the baking powder to the... - 49.1602
Marinated Lamb Roast
1. Place the lamb in a microwave friendly cooking bag or in a large casserole.
2. In a small microwaveable bowl or measure, blend together the marinade ingredients.
3. Warm the marinade in the microwave at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Pour... - 48.8493
Greek Lentil Salad
1.Take a 3 quart saucepan and pour in the ater.
2. Let the water boil. Add in the lentils and stir cook over hihg heat for about 25 to 30 minutes.
3.Meanwhile, roast the peppers.
4. Preheat the broiler.
5.Take a baking sheet and line it with heavy duty... - 48.802
Wende's Avgolemono Soup
1. In a large heavy pot, heat oil over low heat.
2. Add the onions.
3. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes until the onion softens.
4. Add the escarole.
5. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute; stir continuously.
6. Pour in the chicken... - 48.7251
Greek Macaroni Spinach Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 12x8 inch baking dish.
3. Following instructions on the package, cook macaroni and drain.
4. In a bowl, toss drained macaroni with melted butter.
5. In a skillet, heat oil and... - 48.5158
Eggplant And Cheese Casserole
Preheat oven to 350°.
Lightly grease casserole dish.
Peel and dice eggplant into 2 inch cubes.
Boil in salted water about 15 minutes.
Drain well and mash.
Saute bell pepper, garlic, onion, and celery in olive oil.
Add sauteed vegetables to mashed... - 48.2889
Greek Spinach Pie
1) Thaw phyllo overnight in the refrigerator if frozen.
2) Take out phyllo from wrapping and lay out the stack of sheets. If it is a 1 -pound package, half them widthwise.
3) Cover the portion for cooking with a plastic wrap and damp kitchen... - 48.2288
Stuffed Vegetable Marrow Vellari
1. Wash and scrub marrow but do not peel.
2. Cut into 2 lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and pith.
3. Boil potato. Dice.
4. Mix together chopped nuts, diced potato, milk, seasoning, egg and chopped parsley.
5. Melt butter. Fry chopped onion and the seeds of marrow... - 48.0343
Old World Easter Bread
1. In a small saucepan, scald the milk, sugar, butter or margarine on medium heat. Remove from heat and cool till warm
2. In a medium bowl, pour moderately warm water and sprinkle yeast. Stir until fully dissolved. Add the above milk mixture... - 47.7135
Greek Honey Cake
1) Into a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar well
2) Add in the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition
3) Into a another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
4) Add to the batter and stir in the milk and... - 47.4853
Greek Easter Egg Braid
In a pan combine salt, sugar, butter, and milk; warm over low heat to about 125°.
In large bowl of an electric mixer, combine 1 cup of the flour with yeast.
Add warm milk mixture, eggs, vanilla, and lemon peel.
Beat at low speed, scraping bowl, until... - 47.4673
In a large bowl, combine the romaine, iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, celery, tomatoes and olives.
In a small bowl, use a fork to crumble the feta cheese.
Stir in the cottage cheese.
Sprinkle the cheese mixture on top of the lettuce... - 47.4309
Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-in thickness; set aside.
In a food processor or blender, combine the cheese, olives, 1 tablespoon oil and oregano; cover and process until mixture reaches a thick chunky paste consistency.
Spread over chicken breasts; roll up... - 47.3828
1) In a skillet cook beef and onion till brown.
2) Drain out excess fat.
3) Mix tomatoes, tomato paste, 1 teaspoon salt, and thyme.
4) Cover and cook simmering for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5) Follow package directions to cook macaroni. Drain in... - 47.2849
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Take 9 inch non stick skillet and spray it with non stick cooking spray. 3.Heat the skillet and add scallions, spinach and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes until moisture evaporates.
4. Transfer... - 46.9886
Greek Easter Bread
Put warm milk into a medium bowl; stir in 1 teaspoon sugar.
Sprinkle yeast over milk mixture.
Let stand 5 minutes or until the surface is frothy.
Stir gently to moisten any dry particles remaining on top.
Sift in 1 cup (125 g) flour and remaining sugar.
Stir... - 46.9411
Cook macaroni according to package directions.
Stir together macaroni, egg whites, 1/3 cup Parmesan, and 1/4 cup milk.
In a skillet cook pork and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender.
Drain off fat.
Stir in tomato sauce, cinnamon,... - 46.8648
Classic Greek Moussaka
Preheat oven to 350° F.
To prepare cream sauce: Place butter in top of double boiler over hot water.
Add egg yolks one at a time.
Beat constantly with rotary or hand electric beater.
Add 1/4 cup water, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
Continue to beat until sauce... - 46.7415
Irene's Roasted Leg Of Lamb
1) Preheat oven hot to 500°F.
2) With the tip of a knife, cut small slits over the lamb.
3) Pack the garlic slices into the slits. Use as much garlic as desired.
4) In a small bowl mix olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
5) Rub the... - 46.6039
Greek Picnic Pie
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the basil, then rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over most of the water and mix to a dough, adding more water if required. Wrap in clear... - 46.5964
Insert shredding disk in work bowl.
Fold the slice of bread in half; shred.
Remove and set aside.
Shred cheese; remove and set aside.
In-sertthe slicing disk in work bowl.
Cut eggplants into pieces to fit feed tube; slice.
Transfer to another dish; sprinkle... - 46.549
An easy Greek dessert , the Karidopita is absolutely delicious. Tickle your taste buds with this refreshing dessert. It is all about the genuine Greek flavor. So do not procrastinate, try this Karidopita recipe. - 46.4446
Greek Poached Chicken And Lemon Stew
1. In a 4-quart dutch oven, add chicken pieces, stock and water, bring to a boil and skim the top occasionally
2. Add carrots, leeks, garlic, bouquet garni and simmer for about 40 minutes, until chicken and vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
3. Now,... - 46.4232
Sesame Chicken Kabobs
In a bowl, combine the sherry or broth, soy sauce, onions, preserves, oil, garlic, ginger, hot pepper sauce and 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds.
Pour 1/3 cup into another bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate.
Pour remaining marinade into a large re-sealable... - 46.3976
In a large bowl combine the lukewarm milk, half the sugar and the yeast.
Mix well and leave for about 10 minutes until frothy.
Sift the flour into the yeast liquid with the salt, remaining sugar and the baking powder then add the melted butterand the lightly... - 46.3379
Herbed Roast Leg Of Lamb
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F and prepare a roasting pan by lining it with foil.
2. Wash leg of lamb thoroughly and pat dry on kitchen paper.
3. With a sharp, thin, pointed knife make insertions 11/4 inch apart, all over the leg.
4.... - 46.1685
1) Rinse the large vine leaves and dry thoroughly.
2) In a wok, add the onion and garlic, sprinkle in seasoning to taste and saute until the onion is softened but not browned.
3) Stir in the minced lamb, saute breaking up the meat, until... - 46.0181
Greek Easter Cookies Koulouria
1) Preheat oven at 350Â°c.
2) In a bowl, cream butter.
3) Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
4) Fold in beaten eggs and blend.
5) Sift dry ingredients together.
6) Add the mixture alternately with milk and flavoring.
7) Knead well and... - 45.8701
Lamb Greek Style
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Remove the flesh of the eggplant, taking care leaving the shell uncut.
3) Dice the eggplant flesh.
4) Remove the visible fat from the chops by trimming.
5) Dredge with seasoning and paprika.
6) Place... - 45.8606
1 Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2 Combine warm milk, sugar, salt, butter, eggs, lemon peel, and spices in a large mixing bowl.
3 Add 1 1/2 cups flour and yeast mixture. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to make a soft... - 45.6833
Baked Bean Casserole
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a skillet, heat oil and cook onions and green peppers in it for 10 minutes.
3.Take a casserole dish, place alternate layers of beans with tomatoes and cooked vagetables.
4.Season the vegetables... - 45.5055
Dolmas With Chard Leaves
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Trim tough stalks from the chard leaves.
3) Cut through the central rib that extend into the leaf without cutting the leaves in half.
2) In a shallow pan put pine nuts and toast them for approximately... - 45.4314
Greek Feast Bread
This Greek Feast Bread is not only for celebrating a Greek festival. Enjoy it for any of your special days too. Try this meringue topped fruit bread let me know if you like it. Your suggestions for this Greek Feast Bread are welcome. - 45.2825
Greek Meatballs In Wine Sauce
1. Preheat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine meats, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. In the pan melt butter into oil roll the meat mixture into small, bite-size balls and add to the pan as you... - 45.2299
Time Honored Greek Lamb Leg Cooked In Paper
1. Trim fat from leg of lamb.
2. With point of sharp knife, make slits in lamb surface, including underside.
3. Press garlic slivers into slits.
4. Insert one large brown bag inside the other.
5. Slip lamb leg into paper bags and place in... - 44.9224
Lamb Neck Cinnamon And Spinach Parcels
1. In a large bowl, combine half the lemon juice, salt, chilli and thyme leaves.
2. Toss the lamb in the marinade and leave for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 190 degree C
4. Grease a baking tray with butter.
5. Layout 2 sheets of... - 44.8639
Greek Turkey Burgers With Yogurt Sauce
1 In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2 Set the oven control to broil.
3 In a medium bowl mix all burger ingredients except buns.Shape the mixture into patties each about 1/2 inch thick and 5... - 44.6
In a large bowl, combine the beef, veal, lamb, egg, milk, onion, mustard, tamari, 1/2 teaspoon of the oregano, the salt, garlic powder, vinegar, if using, and bread crumbs.
With your hands, gently mix the ingredients until combined.
Shape into 36 walnut-size... - 44.4987
1) In a thick pan, gently saute the dry rice in the oil and butter until pale yellow.
2) Stir in the onion and garlic and saute for further 2-3 minutes.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, fruit, saffron, lemon rind, juice and bay leaf, then simmer covered until... - 44.3909
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a pot, bring the salted water to boil and blanch the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes.
3) Immerse cabbage in chilled water and drain well.
4) In a pan, melt the lard and saute the onion and garlic for 5... - 44.324
1) Defrost pastry and separate the sheets.
2) Grease 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan and layer half on it.
3) Brush each sheet with melted butter.
4) In a bowl, mix nuts, 1/2 cup sugar, and cinnamon.
5) Sprinkle the mixture over buttered pastry.
6) Layer... - 44.3175
Greek Islands Sea Bass
1) Prepare the herb-infused oil in a saucepan heating the olive oil for 1 minute over medium heat.
2) Take off from heat, add oregano, lemon zest and garlic.
3) Let stand for 1 hour or overnight at room temperature.
4) Transfer to a portable leak proof... - 44.2117
Are you planning for some picnic? This dolma recipe will perfectly suit your taste. It is very easy to prepare .It is so delicious that it will add to the enjoyment of your party. You will be thankful for this dolma Recipe. - 44.2064
Thaw pastry and separate sheets.
Keep a damp cloth or foil over sheets to prevent drying.
Place half of sheets in a greased 15xl0xl-inch baking pan, brushing each with some of the melted butter.
Combine nuts, the 1/2 cup sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly... - 43.8558
Greek Holiday Loaf
This Greek Holiday Loaf is versatile ! Decorate this potato loaf according to desire for any festival- for Easter decorate with eggs and for Christmas decorate with walnuts and candied cherries. So you have one base recipe for two great holidays. Try this... - 43.523
Greek Chocolate Mousse Tartlets
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour, sugar and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Mix together the eggs and vanilla essence in a small bowl, then add to the dry ingredients and mix to a... - 43.477
Greek Fruit And Nut Pastries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. To make the pastry, sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar. Make a well.
2. Beat the egg and milk together... - 43.4665
This Greek Braid is my favorite for festivals. Be it Easter or Christmas, you'll simply love this aniseed bread with almonds and sesame seed toppings. Try this Greek Bread and feel free to express yourself about it here. - 43.4154
Tropical Yogurt Snack
1) Use a small mixing bowl to add banana and lemon juice. Mash the banana to smooth, with the help tines of fork.
2) Add yogurt and sugar. Combine well by stirring.
3) Make 2 thin slices from the kiwi and place it aside.
4) Add the remaining kiwi into... - 43.0302
Roast Loin Of Lamb Persille
1. With a damp clean kitchen cloth, wipe the joint.
2. Rub with salt.
3. With sharp tipped knife, make slashes at regular intervals.
4. Peel garlic and slice thinly.
5. Press garlic slivers into slits.
6. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C... - 42.7271
1 In a large saucepan, add butter and heat. Saute lamb (just enough at a time to cover the bottom of pan) until well browned all over for about 10 minutes.
2 Add in 1 cup onion and the garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
3 Add the lamb to the... - 42.5123
Vegetable, Beef & Lamb Moussaka
Halve unpeeled zucchini crosswise and cut each into about 3 lengthwise slices.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large heavy skillet, add zucchini, and brown lightly.
Add more oil if needed.
Drain on paper towels.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the same... - 42.4664
1.Drain pineapple and keep the syrup aside.
2.Slice banana and coat with pineapple syrup by 3.dipping; to avoid browning.
4.Take a serving bowl, arrange half of pineapple, banana, orange, grapes on it.
5.Top the fruits with half the... - 42.1973
Yogurt And Ginger Soup
1. In a saucepan, add all but a quarter cup of milk and bring it to a boil
2. Dissolve cornstarch In the rest of the milk and pour hot milk over it; stir well and turn it all into the saucepan
3. Allow it to boil again, stir constantly and let simmer... - 41.9939
Olive Feta Pinwheels
1) Preheat oven hot to 375°F.
2) With a cooking spray grease the cookie sheet.
3). Unroll dough and divide into 2 long rectangles.
4) Press each into 12 x 4-inch rectangle. Press the perforations to seal firmly.
5) Spread a layer of... - 41.8618
Apricot Lamb Chops
1) In a large, microwavable dish, arrange the lamb chops.
2) In a bowl, mix in the tomatoes, onion, apricots, tomato puree, salt and pepper. Stir well to mix.
3) Spread the apricot mixture evenly over the lamb chops.
4) Cook the lamb chops without a... - 41.622
Leg Of Lamb, Greek Style
Combine salt, oregano and pepper; rub into lamb.
Center lamb on cooking grill directly over drip pan.
Cover kettle; cook 2 1/2 hours.
Remove lamb from kettle; place in uncovered roasting pan.
Combine and mix remaining ingredients except lemon slices and... - 41.4896
Greek Trinity Bread
1 Mix yeast and warm water in a small bowl and stir to allow the the yeast to dissolve.
2 Heat milk, sugar, salt, and butter to warm (105°-115°F).
3 Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast mixture, milk mixture, aniseeds, and egg in large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
4... - 41.2473
Vegetable Stuffed Steaks
Make a pocket in each steak by cutting horizontally into the steak from one side almost to the opposite side.
Spray a saucepan with nonstick coating.
Add mushrooms, onion, green pepper, carrot, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme.
Cook and stir about 4... - 41.2158
Make the marinade by mixing together oil, wine, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Cut fish into 1" (2 1/2 cm) cubes, place in a glass dish and pour marinade over cubes.
Allow to marinate at least 2 hours, turning and basting... - 40.9876
Greek Easter Bread
1. Crumble the yeast into a bowl. Mix with one or two tablespoons of warm water, until softened. Add the milk and 115 g / 4 oz / 1 cup of the flour and mix to a creamy consistency. Cover with a cloth, and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
2. Sift the... - 40.9173
Granita Di Caffe
1) In a saucepan, combine coffee and 1 1/3 to 1 3/4 cups water.
2) Add sugar to taste.
3) Place over heat and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
4) Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Remove from heat. Pour in 1 1/3 cups... - 40.7224
Let ground lamb speed your way to great-tasting Greek-style sandwiches. Get the same takeout restaurant taste at home! - 40.6805
Pasta A La Grecque
1. In a glass jar with a lid, mix quarter cup of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to taste; shake them all well to combine and set aside
2. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add salt to it; cook pasta al dente; drain well and add... - 40.6313
Treat your friends to this mouth-watering Greek fast food, the Gyros Sandwich . You would have no trouble at all in cooking it. Friends would be impressed at your culinary skill. So do not procrastinate, try this gyros sandwich recipe. - 40.441
Goat's Cheese And Cherry Tomato Puff Tartlets
1. Preheat oven to 220°C /425°F/Gas Mark 7.
2. Over a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry and cut into 7 cm / 3 inch rounds.
3. On a greased baking sheet place the pastry after brushing lightly with olive oil.
4. Over each... - 40.2326
1. In medium skillet, melt butter; saute onion and green pepper 5 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; cool. With fork, stir in turkey, sausage, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper; mix well.
2. Cut each carrot in half crosswise. Leaving narrow end of... - 39.9718
Even people who think they don’t like spinach will love this Greek-style pie! - 39.9498
This Greek Stifado recipe is the favorite of my friend’s wife. Whenever I visit his house, she definitely serves this Greek Stifado . Really this dish is delicious. My friend says that he likes his wife due to this dish. So if you want to bring delightment... - 39.861
1. On each of 4 small salad plates, center a tomato slice.
2. Apply 1 tablespoon of the taramasalata over each tomato slice.
3. Top the taramasalata with capers and caviar to get a polka dot effect.
4. Place salmon slices decoratively around the... - 39.419
Greek Lamb Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Lightly oil a 22 cm / 8 1/2 in round spring form tin.
2. Fry the mince and onion without fat in a non-stick pan until golden. Add the garlic, tomatoes, mint, nutmeg and seasoning. Bring to the boil, stirring.... - 39.4142
Baby Aubergines With Herbed Greek Yogurt
1. To make the herbed Greek yogurt, in a bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
2. Make half lengthways slices out of all the baby aubergines keeping them attached to their stalks.
3. Using a small brush, coat the aubergines with olive... - 39.2143
Greek Easter Lamb
Make several incisions in the lamb and insert the garlic slivers in them.
Rub the meat with the salt and pepper and lay the rosemary sprigs over the fat.
Put the meat on a rack in a roasting tin and cover with the butter.
Roast in a very hot oven... - 39.1371
Zucchini Marinated With Lemon And Mint
1) In a large skillet warm the 1/4 cup oil over medium heat.
2) Put half quantity zucchini and fry till golden on both sides.
3) Place the zucchini on paper towels.
4) Repeat the process with zucchini slices pouring some oil if required.
5) On a... - 39.026
Fresh Fruit Ambrosia
1.Using a sharp knife, peel the oranges and remove thesections by varefully cutting close to membrane.
2.Peel the pineapple and core and cut in small pieces.
3.Put together oranges, pineapple, coconut, sugar and salt and mix... - 38.8861
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Gently unwrap and rinse each grape leaf under running water.
3) In a bowl, combine the lamb, rice, onion and 4 tablespoons tomato paste together.
4) Add lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
5) Spoon a... - 38.8502
Frozen Fruit Frappe
1) In a blender or food processor, puree the berries, reserve few berries for garnish..
2) Add the remaining ingredients, except sugar and blend together at high speed.
3) Taste the fruit mixture and add the sugar cubes, if required.
4) Add the liqueur... - 38.5526
1) Heat (high) the bacon strips for about 30 seconds for separating.
2) Drain and slice the chestnuts into thirds.
3) Cut the chicken livers in 1 inch pieces.
4) Take a small bowl and place soy sauce in it. Dip livers in it.
5) Layer chestnuts and... - 38.4747
Avocado Yogurt Smoothie
1. To a blender add all ingredients except garnish, cover and process until smooth.
2. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired. - 38.4457
Do you want to impress your guests, and then there would be no better option than this souvlaki recipe. This Greek kabab is so delicious that your guests would be obsessed by it. So do not procrastinate, try this Greek Souvlaki recipe. - 37.772
Baked Apple Cheesecake
1. Roll out pastry to 3 mm / 1/8 in thick and use to line a deep 23 cm / 9 in flan tin with a removable base. Prick base and sides of pastry with a fork, line with nonstick baking paper and fill with uncooked rice. Bake at 190°C / 375°F / Gas 5 for 10... - 37.6491
Greek Holiday Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and half-and-half.
2. Add cake flour mixed with baking powder and salt and beat on low speed until blended.... - 37.205
My Greek friend makes these especially for the holidays - 37.2043
Overnight Non Fat Yogurt
1.Yogurt has to be incubated properly in an environment with a steady temperature of 110 degrees F to 115 degrees F.
2. In a gas oven, the heat of the pilot light is enough.
3.In an electric oven, preheat to 120 degrees F and then turn off oven... - 37.0295
This Galopita is very delicious . Along with it is related my childhood memories.When I returned home from school, my mother used to prepare this dessert and we enjoyed devouring it. So if you want to make your kids happy, try this galopita recipe . - 36.9377
If you haven’t decided what to cook this holiday, then try this Greek Pastichio recipe. The pleasure you would experience in cooking this recipe would make your holiday more delightful. This dish would be so tasty that the fragrance of it will make... - 36.8851
Greek Style Rib Eye Steaks
In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; press into both sides of steaks.
In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
Sprinkle with lemon juice, cheese and olives.
Serve immediately. - 36.6768
1.Make a mixture of fruit cocktail, bananas, orange, walnuts and marshmallows.
2.Make a well in the whipped cream and stir in the fruit mixture.
4.Serve in dishes garnished with shredded or flaked coconut. - 36.1356
Greek Cucumber Sauce
1) In a muslin cloth, wrap the cucumber and take out all the moisture
2) In a bowl, add the cucumber, yogurt, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper
3) Check for the seasoning
4) Store the sauce in airtight jars in the refrigerator for up to 3... - 36.0827
Avgolemono - Greek Lemon Sauce
1) In a saucepan, pour the stock and bring to a simmer
2) Using a whisk, beat the egg yolks and lemon juice together
3) Add the hot stock to the egg mixture and continue to whisk
4) Add the egg mixture into the hot stock
5) Cook till the sauce... - 35.3582
Lamb With Orzo
1. Preheat broiler; broil lamb cubes on rack 4" from heat, 2 minutes.
2. In medium nonstick skillet, heat olive oil; add onion. Cook, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes, until tender. Add lamb cubes, zucchini, mint and salt; cook, stirring frequently, 5-6... - 35.3116
Baklava is a sweet rich pastry picked with walnuts, cinnamon, frozen phyllo, honey and Chocolate Glaze. If you are craving for something deliciously extraordinary then give this classic Baklava a try. Baklava hardly takes time to grace any holiday table with... - 35.0049
Greek Holiday Recipes By Category