- » Greek Bean Vegetable
Greek Bean Vegetable Recipes
Enjoy our collection of greek bean vegetable recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for greek bean vegetable recipes.
Greek Green Beans
Steam the beans until just crisp-tender, about 3 or 4 minutes.
In a small bowl or jar, combine oregano, vinegar, and mustard.
Add garlic by pushing it through a garlic press into the bowl.
Toss dressing with beans.
Chill. - 26.8219
Greek Frenchbeans has a Breathtaking taste.The oregano and Tomatoes sauce gives the Greek Frenchbeans Different taste. - 31.2697
Steamed Flat Beans With Potatoes
Beans are healthy especially the fresh ones and here is a recipe with flat beans. Chef Vassilis shows how to cook flat beans with other vegetables and simple seasonings in a speed cooker. Good to serve with breads! - 78.6543
Classic Green Bean With Potatoes
If you are craving for comfort food, then this Greek dish could be your for taking. Green Beans with Potatoes is a vegetarian village classic Eva grew up with. As with many of Eva’s dishes, this recipe requires only a few simple ingredients and makes a... - 100.519
Broccoli And White Beans Baked In Phyllo
For the filling, add the oil to a large no-stick skillet and heat over medium heat.
Add the broccoli, peppers and onions.
Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or just until the vegetables are tender.
Remove the skillet from the heat.
Stir in the beans, orzo,... - 43.8199
Greek Bean And Feta Salad With Tahini Dressing
Wash beans and remove ends.
Place beans and red pepper in boiling salted water for 1 or 2 minutes.
Place under cold water.
Arrange on flat serving dish.
Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over warm vegetables.
Add sliced onion and cherry... - 42.0382
Greek Style Canneluni And Vegetables
Bring the water to a boil in a large covered pot.
While the water heats, saute the garlic and onions in 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
While the garlic and onions saute, dice the carrots and chop the pepper.
Add them to the... - 42.9417
Greek Lamb With Vegetables
Cut lamb into 2 inch cubes.
Saute onions in butter in large saucepan or casserole until lightly browned.
Add meat and 1/2 cup water and simmer until nearly tender.
While meat is cooking, prepare vegetables as follows: Peel and slice tomatoes and... - 43.5703
Greek Vegetable Couscous
Combine water and broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Add couscous; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat... - 44.4747
Greek White Bean Risotto
Pour broth into a medium saucepan; place over medium heat.
Cover and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low, and keep warm.
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add garlic; saute 1 minute.
Add rice and oregano;... - 40.5337
Greek White Bean Risotto
Pour water into a medium saucepan; place over medium heat.
Cover and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low, and keep warm.
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; place over,medium-high heat until hot.
Add garlic; saute 1 minute.
Add rice and oregano;... - 42.0579
Artichokes With Fava Beans
You'll simply love this Artichokes With Fava Beans recipe. A rare combination of beans and artichokes; I bet, you would love to prepare this recipe again and again. - 44.9667
Soak beans overnight and cook until tender as directed on package.
Saute vegetables and garlic in olive oil; add tomato paste.
Add the water, salt and pepper, parsley, bay leaf, oregano, and thyme, and simmer until vegetables are tender and most of the... - 36.2494
Horta - Greek Wild Greens Dish
A horta is a cold salad Greek cooks make from any number of gathered wild greens. Basically, the greens are washed and either steamed or boiled briefly, just until they wilt. Then they are drained well and scattered on a platter and dressed with olive oil... - 35.709
Tabbouleh With White Beans And Spinach
Place the bulgur in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
Drain and transfer it to a medium bowl.
Add the hot water and lemon juice and stir until combined.
Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Stir in the minced parsley and onions.
In a... - 45.2901
Courgette & Bean Bake With Feta
1. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the courgettes for 5 mins or until golden. Stir through the garlic and half the oregano, then cook for 30 secs until fragrant. Gently fold through the tomatoes and beans and heat through,... - 29.4205
Green Beans In Tomato Sauce
In a heavy-bottomed pot heat the oil and saute the onion over gentle heat until transparent.
Sprinkle with sugar and cook for a minute to caramelize, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes, garlic, celery, bay leaf, clove and allspice.
Season and simmer... - 36.1157
Greek Salad Pitas
In food processor with knife blade attached or in blender, place beans, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic; blend until smooth.
Cut off top third of each pita to form a pocket.
Use half of bean mixture to spread inside pockets.
Combine... - 38.1138
Put 4 egg yolks and 6 garlic cloves in an electric blender or food processor.
Switch on at full speed and trickle in half the oil slowly until the mixture is thick.
Pour into a large bowl.
Repeat this process with the remaining egg yolks, garlic and olive... - 43.8819
Greek Style Summer Salad With Rice
Summer calls for cool appetizers and if you have rice here is a recipe to make healthy salad with rice. Check out Sarah making Greek style summer rice salad using rice along with other vegetables and flavors. Served chilled, makes a great pair with meats or... - 108.924
Mushroom And Bean Moussaka
1) With a clean cloth, wipe the mushrooms.
2) Then, cut off the stalks and chop them. Keep the caps aside.
3) In a 2 pint casserole, combine 1 ounce of the margarine and the shallot.
4) On high power, cook for 1 minute, stirring only... - 46.6495
Artichokes With Fresh Broad Beans
Remove the tough outer leaves from globe artichokes and trim them so they are about 3-4 cm (1-1 1/2 in) long.
Remove the choke and trim the stem to about 2.5 cm (r in), if the vegetable is small and soft, or remove stringy stems entirely.
If the artichokes... - 37.9711
Baked Bean Casserole
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a skillet, heat oil and cook onions and green peppers in it for 10 minutes.
3.Take a casserole dish, place alternate layers of beans with tomatoes and cooked vagetables.
4.Season the vegetables... - 45.5055
White Bean Soup
Drain the beans, cover them with fresh water and boil for 10 minutes.
Drain them and just cover again with hot water.
Bring them back to the boil, cover and simmer for about 1-1 1/2 hours, until tender.
While the beans are simmering, saute the onions in the... - 49.3979
1) Take a large salad bowl and add cabbage, beans, and beets to it.
2) Take a screw top jar and put all the salad dressing, shake well.
3) Sprinkle cappers, olives and the salad dressings and toss to mix all the ingredients well.
4) Serve... - 42.3116
Greek Appetizer Salad
Heat 1 inch salted water ( 1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling in 3-quart saucepan.
Add beans; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Add zucchini and cauliflower.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and cook just until tender, about 5 minutes.
Place... - 46.5352
Green Bean And Feta Saute
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add green beans, onion, bell pepper, and crushed red pepper; saute 3 minutes.
Add artichokes and broth; cook about 30 seconds or until liquid is reduced to 2... - 28.0294
Terrine Of Garden Vegetables
Chill a 6-cup charlotte mold in freezer.
Cook green beans 7 minutes in covered saucepan in just enough unsalted boiling water to cover.
Drain well, reserving cooking liquid.
Transfer beans to small bowl, cover and refrigerate.
Boil reserved cooking liquid... - 43.491
Try out the easy-to-make Boiled Vegetables recipe. Enjoy the Boiled Vegetables with any suitable favorite and let us know how you liked it! - 32.0229
Vegetables A La Grecque
1) Take a medium bowl and mix together all ingredients in it.
2) Toss the ingredients well to coat vegetables thoroughly.
3) Place the vegetable mixture in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 8 hours.
4) Serve cold. - 35.5609
Green Vegetable Pie
In a pot of boiling water, blanch the green beans and courgettes for about 4 minutes, or until al dente.
Drain and chop them finely.
Put the chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl, and add the finely chopped spinach, parsley, dill and mint.
Toss so they... - 50.1235
Vegetable Salad Ala Grecoue
1) In a large nonreactive saucepan, add olive oil to heat up.
2) SautÃ© the onions to cook over moderately high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent.
3) Pour in wine, lemon juice and add bay leaves, thyme, mustard seeds, salt, pepper and 5 cups... - 48.1981
Vegetable And Fish Terrine
1. In a large food processor, tip in the whiting and the salmon
2. Run the food processor twice or mince the fish twice
3. Rub the minced fish through a hair sieve to get an absolutely smooth fish’
4. Add the egg whites to the mixture
5. Chill... - 45.3329
Put the rice in a bowl, pour in cold water and swirl the rice and water with your hand.
Drain and repeat this process until the water runs clear as you drain it.
Return the rice to the bowl, fill it once more with cold water and leave to soak 20 minutes.
Put... - 43.3479
Whole Pumpkin Filled With Mixed Vegetables
Wash and dry the pumpkin.
Cut a lid in the top large enough to get the filling in and out.
Scoop out the seeds and sinews and discard.
If the cavity is very small, scoop out a little flesh to accomodate the filling.
In a heavy-bottomed pot heat 3 tablespoons... - 43.6617
Cube the aubergines and soak them in heavily-salted water for 30 minutes or more.
Drain well and pat dry.
In a large heavy-bottomed pot (or flameproof casserole) fry the onions in 4 tablespoons olive oil over gentle heat until transparent.
Sprinkle with sugar... - 47.1748
Vegetable Terrine With Chicken Mousseline
1. For making the mousseline in a food processor puree the chicken first and then again with eggs, cream, Tabasco, salt and pepper as per taste.
2. In a large saucepan with lightly salted boiling water blanch the spinach and cool them quickly running... - 43.8014
Lima Bean Carrot And Zucchini Salad With Feta Cheese
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise.
Cut each half lengthwise again and then into strips.
Repeat with canots.
Steam carrots 5 to 7 minutes.
Add zucchini and steam an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
Add lima beans and continue steaming until all vegetables are... - 44.1772
Feta And Broad Bean Couscous
1. Place the couscous in a large, shallow bowl, then pour over the stock to cover. Leave to stand for 15 mins until all the stock has been absorbed. Leave to cool.
2. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, then add the broad beans. Return to... - 29.9511
Tzatziki - goes well with cooked bacon, pita bread and vegetables. No complex marinading is required to prepare Tzatziki. If you have all the ingredients ready and have a penchant for cooking - preparing Tzatziki is just a piece of cake. - 42.3377
Macaroni With Greek Style Stew
Brown meat in oil in 4-quart saucepan or dutch oven; drain off drippings.
Add onions; saute about 5 minutes.
Stir in tomato sauce, water, salt, marjoram and pepper.
Simmer, covered, 45 minutes.
Add eggplant, green pepper and okra or green beans.
Simmer,... - 42.1303
Greek Easter Lamb
Make several incisions in the lamb and insert the garlic slivers in them.
Rub the meat with the salt and pepper and lay the rosemary sprigs over the fat.
Put the meat on a rack in a roasting tin and cover with the butter.
Roast in a very hot oven... - 39.1371
Greek Style Slow Roasted Lamb Shanks
If you are not a traditionalist and are you looking for a unique main course idea for Christmas or New Years then this slow roasted shank of lamb is indeed an excellent choice! This is not only an easy recipe, but also lamb shanks are one of the more... - 101.963
White Bean & Vegetable Soup
1. Drain the white beans, tip into a saucepan and pour over fresh cold water to cover generously. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat and skim off the scum and froth from the surface. Simmer for about 1 hr.
2. Heat the olive oil in another saucepan. Add the... - 37.2603
Lean Beef With Greens And Feta
1) Rub mustard all over the beef.
2) Grill or broil the beef for about 7 minutes on each side to cook it to medium-rare perfection. If broiling, place the beef about 5 inches from the source of heat.
3) Once cooked, allow the beef to sit for a while... - 46.636
Black Bean Chili
1. Heat a large stockpot over a medium-low flame and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, garlic, bell pepper, and spices, and cook, covered, until the vegetables are soft.
2. Raise heat to high, add the bay leaves, tomatoes, water or stock, and... - 35.5459
Layered Spinach Salad
1) Take a 4-quart glass bowl and layer half of the spinach, eggs, lettuce, beans, onions and pepper in it. Repeat the layers.
2) Spread sour cream and dill salad dressing evenly on top.
3) Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours or until... - 40.9568
Pressed Leek Terrine
Trim root ends and tops from leeks, leaving only about 1 inch of dark green leaves; save 10 tender green inner leaves from leek tops.
Cut leeks in half lengthwise; rinse under running water, gently separating layers to remove any dirt.
Rinse reserved inner... - 33.3271
Zucchini White Bean Salad
1. In a salad bowl mix all the ingredients well.
2. In another bowl whisk the dressing ingredients and pour it on the salad.
3. Toss so that the ingredients mix well. Check to separate all the zucchini slices.
4. Stand the salad for many hours in the... - 50.4263
Cold Pea And Mint Soup With A Broad Bean Salad
In a saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to the boil.
In a separate saucepan, cook the garlic and spring onions in the vegetable oil until the onion is soft but not brown.
Add the peas and sugar, then add the boiling stock.
Cook for 12 minutes if you are... - 45.7895
Brown chicken in butter with onions and garlic, if desired.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper, and water.
Bring to a boil, add vegetables, cover, and cook until tender. - 33.0809
Pepper And Egg Saute
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion and garlic for 2 mins until softened. Add the yellow peppers, French beans and stock or wine. Fry for a further 2-3 mins. Add the diced tomatoes, then cook for 1-2 mins until warmed through.
2.... - 34.6377
South Of The Border Stuffed Lettuce
Remove core from lettuce; rinse with cold water.
Hollow out center, turn upside down; drain thoroughly.
Add gelatin to cold water, dissolve over hot water.
In mixer bowl, mix together cream cheese, onion soup mix, oil, salt, chili sauce, lemon juice, and... - 41.8033
Feta Cheesecake And Wine Poached Dates
1. Preheat the oven to 300°. Spray a 9-by-13-by-2-inch glass baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Line the dish with aluminum foil, makingsure to press it into the corners; spray the foil.
2. In a standing electric mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the feta... - 36.3007
Mixed Vegetables In A Butter Sauce
Mix the yogurt, tomato puree, garam masala, ginger, chilli powder, cardamoms, garlic pulp, coriander, salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl and set aside.
Heat the butter and oil in a karahi or deep frying pan, add the onions, bay leaves and cinnamon bark and... - 43.8158
Chickpea And Vegetable Curry With Couscous
There is something so heartwarming and inviting about digging into a big bowl of vegetable curry. But instead of adding a couple of tablespoons of store-bought curry powder to the sauce, make your own homemade curry spice blend. This bowl of warm satisfying... - 137.901
Snack Time! Hummus With Roasted Eggplant
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray a thin coating of cooking spray.
3. Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Place the beans, tahini sauce, greek yogurt, olive oil, Grand Diamond All Purpose... - 129.1
Hominy And Red Chile Stew
1. In a large casserole, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion, garlic, squash, oregano and salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Stir in the chile powder and flour until blended.
2. Add the hominy and enough water to cover generously,... - 35.204
Anchovy And Tuna Nicoise Salad
Make this Salad Nicosia exactly as posted and you have a great salad ready at your table. Salad Nicoise turned out to be much more great than I expected. Do try it! - 30.0145
Rotini Pasta Salad
1) In a large bowl, place all the ingredients and toss them together with the Vinaigrette to taste.
2) Serve immediately in a nice plate. - 34.7435
Healthy Mexican Wraps - the Fiveadayz way!
Many thanks to Mark, Paul and Jenny for use of their kitchen, Nelson (www.myspace.com/nelsonqualitytouchent) for use of his voice, and of course Shivy (www.myspace.com/siobhanbegley) (who aside from being a talented... - 42.8195
Betty's Incredible Cincinnati Chili--2, 3, 4, 5-way
In this video, Betty demonstrate how to make Incredible Cincinnati Chili-2-Way, 3-Way, 4-Way, and 5-Way. This is not your "Texas-Style" chili, but rather a regional dish that is well-known and loved in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky, and the surrounding states.... - 0