- » Grain Vegetable Pilaf
Grain Vegetable Pilaf Recipes
Enjoy our collection of grain vegetable pilaf recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for grain vegetable pilaf recipes.
Three Grain Pilaf With Mushrooms
1. Put the barley in a small bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Let soak for 1 to 1 1/2 hours; drain.
2. Melt the butter in a heavy medium saucepan over moderately high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute, tossing, until browned. If the pan seems too dry,... - 35.1169
Toasted Grain Pilaf
1. In a large saucepan placed in low heat, add the grains and stirring constantly, toss for just 1 minute or until they turn light brown.
2. Blend in curry powder, stir, take off from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Add the stock to the... - 45.0113
Lentil And Wheat Berry Pilaf
1 Rinse the wheat berries and place them in a medium-size bowl with enough cool water to cover.
Soak for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
2 In a medium-size saucepan, combine the wheat berries with the white part of the green onions, stock, water, sage,... - 35.9996
Vegetable Brown Rice Pilaf
How about a nice healthy pilaf for lunch? Let’s say super healthy…pilaf made with brown rice! A really nutritious meal being shown in the recipe video. Filled with the goodness of vegetables and flavored with herbs and pepper, this seems like a really... - 114.044
Vegetable Oat Pilaf
In large saucepan, cook and stir mushrooms, green pepper and onions in oil over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes.
In small bowl, mix oats and egg whites until oats are evenly coated.
Add oats to vegetable mixture in saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until... - 30.4626
Wash and soak the split peas for about 2 hours.
Drain well and set aside.
Dry roast the millet for 5 minutes, remove from the heat and set aside.
Heat the ghee or oil in a heavy frying pan.
Add the cinnamon sticks, turmeric and garam masala; saute for 8-10... - 42.481
Preheat the oven to 300 Degree.
Heat the oil in a 2 quart casserole.
Saute the mushrooms, onions, celery, and wheat or other grains until the onion is transparent and the grain is lightly browned.
Stir in the spices, stock, and the tamari.
Bring to a... - 40.9204
Vegetable Pilaf With Almonds
1. Heat oil in large saucepan, cook onion (a) 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, almonds and rice (b), cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
2. Add vegetables, currants, orange rind, orange juice (c), water and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, simmer, covered, 30... - 37.1777
Curried Whole Wheat Couscous Pilaf
The flavor of this Curried Whole Wheat Couscous Pilaf is really delicious. Curried Whole Wheat Couscous Pilaf was something new for me to try and I was more than glad that I indeed did try it! Do make it! - 32.8937
Toast the millet grains in a little oil until golden.
Tip into a bowl.
Cut the chicken into pieces -about 5 cm/2 inches long and 1 cm/1/2 inch wide.
Fry the garlic and/or onion in a little more oil.
Then add the chicken and brown the outside.
Add the cumin... - 42.8907
In a 2-quart saucepan, saute uncooked bulgar in a small amount of the butter or margarine until grain is slightly browned. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 45 minutes. - 19.0948
Golden Oats Pilaf
Combine oats, oat bran, egg whites and salt until oats are evenly coated; set aside.
Saute mushrooms, green pepper and onions in margarine over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add oat mixture; cook over medium heat about... - 37.3648
Quinoa And Wild Mushroom Pllaf In Acorn Squash Rings
To Prepare Squash: Preheat oven to 400°F.
Using a large butcher knife, cut ends off squash.
Carefully slice each squash into 4 rings, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
Place slices in a rimmed baking sheet, add 1/4 inch water and bake, covered, for 30 minutes, or... - 39.6547
Vegetable Pilaf is a ricey treat for the parties. This Vegetable Pilaf is rich with the flavors of kernel corn, seasonings, chick peas and pepper. Just give this yummy Vegetable Pilaf a try. - 40.3906
1. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot butter or margarine, cook potato slices, green onions, and carrots, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add water, salt, pepper, and chicken bouillon; over high heat, heat to... - 32.39
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 355 degrees.
2) In a frying pan, melt 1 ounce of butter and gently fry the onion till it is soft. This usually takes about 5 minutes. Add the rice and continue to fry for some more minutes.
3) Into a 1... - 44.5206
Fragrant Vegetable Pilaf
1) Thoroughly wash cauliflower under running water and pat dry. Trim the stalks and cut florets into uniform 2 inch pieces.
2) Peel carrot and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Also, peel onion and chop it finely.
3) Shell the peas to... - 47.0579
Pumpkin Seed Quinoa Pilaf
Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Remove from heat, and fluff with a fork; set aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium... - 34.4472
Couscous Pilaf With Almonds
1. In a large skillet over high heat, roast coriander and cumin seeds about 2 minutes, or until they begin to pop.
2. Reduce heat and add olive oil, onions, garlic, fennel and red pepper. Cook stirring, about 10 minutes, or until softened. Keep warm.
3. In a... - 33.9834
North African Couscous Pilaf
In a 1-cup glass measure, combine the coriander and cumin.
Microwave on high for 1 minute.
Let cool, then grind the spices with a mortar and pestle or a spice mill.
Spread the pine nuts on a plate.
Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just golden... - 44.9045
In a skillet, cook sausage, celery, onion and green pepper until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
Stir in soup, milk, pimientos, rice, poultry seasoning and salt.
Pour into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt.baking dish.
Cover and bake at 350°... - 36.9288
Vegetable Rice Pilaf
Vegetable and rice pilaf is a complete meal that can be prepared for lunch or dinner. Flavorful and delicious, the vegetable and rice pilaf is a simple dish and can be served with a side of vegetables or can be enjoyed by themselves. - 29.8221
Vegetable And Nut Pilaf
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a cooker, heat the oil and saute the vegetables for few minutes but avoid coloring.
3) Stir in rice and cook until rice absob the oil.
4) Add stock or water and stock cube and season well with salt and... - 45.1482
Vegetable N Bean Pilaf
This Vegetable And Beef Pilaf tastes awesome ! I love this savory rice for dinner ! Try out this Vegetable And Beef Pilaf and let me know if you like it ! - 34.5275
Vegetable Rice Pilaf
1. In a medium size saucepan, melt and heat margarine or butter over medium high heat.
2. When hot but not smoking, add rice and basil.
3. SautÃ© until rice is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Tip in the broth and stir.
5. Bring to a boil,... - 41.4163
Millet Vegetable Pilaf
1) Attach a metal blade to the work bowl of a food processor and then cut onion in it into 1-inch pieces.
2) Pulse onion on/off until chopped medium-fine.
3) Attach slicing disc to the work bowl and fit carrots in it after cutting in half... - 43.8059
Stuffed Cornish Hens On Vegetable Pilaf
1. In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot butter or margarine, cook mushrooms until tender. Stir in bread crumbs, cheese, egg, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Remove from heat.
2. Cut each hen in half. Rinse hens with running cold water and drain well. Carefully... - 32.7839
Lemon Rice Pilaf
In a medium-size sauce-I pan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until well coated.
Add the stock, lemon juice, lemon rind, bay... - 39.1062
Turkey Asparagus Pilaf
Prepare rice mix according to package directions except substitute diet margarine for the butter.
Cook asparagus according to package directions; drain.
Add asparagus, turkey, chicken broth, almonds, sherry, and vinegar to rice; heat through.
Season to taste... - 28.2839
Classic Lamb Pilaf
If you are looking for a Lamb Pilaf recipe, you have come to the right place. This Lamb Pilaf will probably be exactly the one you are looking for. Do give it a try! - 39.0791
This lamb pilaf is a simple pilaf prepared with cubed lamb and vegetables. Skillet cooked with peppers and onions along with parsley flakes for flavor, it is spiced with cury powder to taste. Served with a fresh salad, it makes a great meal. - 41.9064
Beth Coffelt's Rice Pilaf
Presoak a clay pot, top and bottom, in water for 15 minutes.
In a saucepan, saute the chopped onion, peppers, and garlic in the olive oil until transparent and tender.
Add the tomatoes and set aside.
Add the saffron to the chicken stock and place it in the... - 40.9
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a heavy skillet and saute the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and set aside. Add the onions to the skillet and saute until golden. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the barley to the skillet... - 31.7247
Green Rice Pilaf
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the rice; cook for 2 minutes or until rice is opaque, stirring constantly.
Add the white onion; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the chiles, green onions,... - 44.5293
Spicy Rice Pilaf
1 Preheat the oven to 300° F.
In a medium-size nonstick 1 saucepan, heat the oil over moderately high heat.
Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly golden.
2 Stir in the stock, fennel seeds, bay leaf, cardamom, and... - 36.7657
€¢ Melt the butter or heat the oil 2 minutes at HIGH in a 6-cup (1.5 L) microwave-safe dish.
€¢ Add the onion, stir well. Microwave 2 minutes at HIGH.
€¢ Add the rice. Stir until well coated with the onion butter.
€¢ Microwave 3 minutes at HIGH,... - 36.1649
Rice, Raisin, And Herb Pilaf
Yummy Rice, Raisin, And Herb Pilaf is something that you shouldnâ€™t miss. I love this pilaf preparation. Pamper your taste buds with this wonderful Rice, Raisin, And Herb Pilaf recipe - 45.4072
Saute onions and celery in butter until tender; add rice and seasoning; toss.
Cook 2 minutes - 23.0527
In a small saucepan, melt the margarine.
Add the onions and pine nuts.
Cook and stir over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until the onions are tender.
Add the rice.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Stir in the broth, spinach, cheese, lemon peel, nutmeg and... - 42.386
1. Prepare rice as label directs.
2. Meanwhile, into 10-inch skillet, drain oil from tuna; set tuna aside. Heat oil over medium heat; add celery, green pepper, and onion, and cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
3.... - 28.159
Saute the zucchini in the oil and garlic.
Remove from the pan.
Add the rice, and brown it in the butter.
Place the rice in a saucepan, and add the soup stock and white wine.
Bring to a boil without lid.
Place the zucchini on the top of the rice.
Do... - 40.2947
Rice And Rye Pilaf
Rice And Rye Pilaf is a simple and delicious dish that can be prepared in no time. I served it just last weekend and my family loved it. Follow this easy Rice And Rye Pilaf recipe, donâ€™t miss it! - 41.876
Rice Pilaf With Curry Powder Seasoning
Rice Pilaf is a lovely and unique flavored dish that your taste buds will fall in love with. Surprise your guests at the next dinner party with this unique Rice Pilaf recipe. - 30.7669
1) Take a saucepan and place it over medium-high heat. Melt butter in it.
2) Put in fennel seeds and let them sizzle for about 30 seconds. Shake the pan continuously.
3) Now, add raisins and toss them so that they are coated with butter. Put in rice... - 40.7629
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In small nonstick skillet, heat margarine. Add bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms; saute until vegetables soften, about 2 minutes.
3. In 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine remaining ingredients and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water; stir... - 31.518
Three Rice Pilaf
Three Rice Pilaf is an amazingly delicious side dish recipe. Try this tempting and alluring Three Rice Pilaf; I am sure you will always want to have it in your coming parties! - 42.3395
New Wave Rice Pilaf
Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
In an ovenproof casserole dish, heat oil.
Add brown and white rice.
While stirring, cook 2 minutes.
Mix in water and vegetable juice.
Fold in tomatoes, fiddlehead greens, garlic and mushrooms.
Season with salt and... - 41.9691
Microwaved Rice Pilaf With Mushroom
1. In a deep 1-quart non-metallic casserole combine butter, rice, onion, parsley and celery.
2 Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 (4) minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients and heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 10 (13) minutes or until rice is almost tender.... - 33.0318
White And Wild Rice Pilaf Salad
White And Wild Rice Pilaf Salad makes for a great salad and can be served with almost anything. Best recipe I have found for White And Wild Rice Pilaf Salad so far. Utterly delicious! - 33.8662
Rice Pilaf With Saffron And Peas
Using a heavy casserole that has a tight-fitting lid, heat the butter and oil.
Saute, but do not brown, the onion and garlic (this will take about 3 minutes).
Add the rice and peas, stirring around to coat the grains and peas with butter and oil.
Dissolve... - 41.3628
Lentil And Rice Pilaf With Onions
Soak the lentils overnight, drain, then cook in the stock or water for 15 minutes.
Add the rice and cook for another 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
Reduce the heat to a minimum, remove the lid and cover the pan with a thick tea-cloth, and firmly... - 33.8995
Fruited Rice Pilaf
1. In large saucepan, heat oil; stir in onion and celery. Cook over medium-high heat until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and 4 cups water. Cook until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until... - 32.1059
Barley Pilaf Cooked In Consomme
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a large frying pan and melt 2 tbsp of butter in it.
3. Stir in mushrooms and onions, and cook over high heat until the mushrooms and onions brown. Keep on stirring during the cooking time.
4.... - 39.5666
1. In a large skillet cook bulgur, onion, and celery in margarine or butter over medium-low heat about 8 minutes or till vegetables are tender and bulgur is toasted. Add carrots, rice, mushrooms, bouillon granules, dill-weed, oregano, and pepper. Stir in... - 35.1034
Chicken With Rice Pilaf
1. Mix together celery, green pepper and oil.
2. Cook covered at 100% for 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are tender.
3.Add in rice, hot chicken stock, seasoning and chicken.
4.Cook covered at 100% for 5 minutes.
5.Reduce power level to 70% and let... - 48.8603
Azerbaijani Lamb Pilaf
1. Heat the oil in a large, flameproof casserole or wide pan over a high heat. Add the lamb, in batches, and cook, stirring and turning frequently, for about 7 minutes until lightly browned.
2. Add the onions, lower the heat to medium-high and cook for about... - 35.5481
In a 3- to 4-quart pan over medium-high heat, combine butter, onion, carrot, garlic, and parsley; stir often until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
Add multigrain mix and stir until grains are slightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
Add broth, basil, and... - 31.4561
Browned Onion And Corn Pilaf
In a heavy saucepan cook the onion and the corn in the butter over moderately high heat, stirring, until the vegetables are browned.
Add the rice, stir the mixture until the rice is coated with the butter, and stir in 1 cup water and the salt.
Bring the... - 21.2913
Easy Rice Pilaf
In 2 quart saucepan, heat broth, rice, celery, green pepper, and green onion to boiling over high heat.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 18 to 20 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Stir in parsley just before serving. - 28.7097
Creamy Rice Pilaf
Dissolve bouillon in water in saucepan; add rice, vegetables, margarine and dill weed.
Cover; simmer 20 minutes or Until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
Remove from heat.
Add cream cheese and mayonnaise; stir until cream cheese is melted. - 28.4013
Tuna Medley Pilaf
1. Wash and drain rice.
2. Drain the tuna and flake, removing bones and skin if any.
3. Combine the tuna and the vegetables and set aside.
4. In a casserole or Dutch oven, heat the oil.
5. Add onion and sautÃ© until soft and limp,... - 43.1044
1. Bring water with broth to boiling in a kettle; stir in rice; cover. Cook 20 minutes, or just until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
2. Spoon into large, shallow, pan; cool, then chill overnight, for rice should be very dry, with each grain separate,... - 30.7247
1. Drain crab meat; flake and remove bony tissue, if any.
2. Heat 4 tablespoons of the vegetable oil in a large skillet; stir in onion, celery and mixed vegetables. Saute, stirring several times, for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are crisply tender. Remove... - 31.0806
Two Rice Pilaf
1. Place the rice in a sieve and rinse well under cold running water, gently stir to rinse all the grains. Set the sieve over a bowl and allow to drain well.
2. In a heavy skillet, add bacon and cook and remove onto a plate and set... - 45.9987
Brown Rice Pilaf With Fennel
Microwave method: Put the oil, onion, yellow pepper, and fennel in a 2-quart casserole, and microwave for about 3 minutes on high, until sizzling.
Stir the rice into the vegetables until all the grains are coated with oil.
Add the broth, tomatoes, salt, and... - 39.8073
Pilaf With Vermicelli
In a heavy skillet, over moderate heat, saute the vermicelli in the heated butter, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
In a saucepan, combine the bulgur or rice, boiling water, vermicelli and salt.
After it comes to a full boil, reduce heat and simmer,... - 29.1363
Rice And Green Peppers Pilaf
Combine onion, celery, green pepper and margarine in 1-quart casserole.
Microwave at HIGH (100%) until vegetables are tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients; cover.
Microwave at HIGH (100%) 5 minutes.
Reduce power to MEDIUM... - 33.3222
Curried Rice Pilaf With Dried Apricots
Place the onion, garlic, and milk in a large microwave-safe bowl.
Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Add the rice, water or broth, pepper, curry powder, apricots, and raisins.
Cover and microwave on high for 18 minutes or until all the liquid is... - 36.3019
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In 1/4 cup hot butter in skillet, cook onion over medium heat until golden.
3. Add mushrooms and green pepper and cook until tender.
4. Remove vegetables and set aside.
5. In same skillet, heat remaining... - 43.8935
1. In a wok, heat oil.
2. Once hot, add garlic, cinnamon, bayleaf, cloves and onions. Mix well and sautÃ© till onions turn translucent.
3. Add rice and mix well. SautÃ© on a medium flame till the grains just start to change colour.
4. Add apricots,... - 44.1709
Fruited Rice Pilaf
In a 2 quart pan, combine rice, salt, and vegetable stock.
Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low; and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed (about 45 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a small frying pan over medium low heat, melt... - 36.6743
1.In a kettle, cook water with chicken broth or bouillion cubes until boiling.
2.Add rice and cook for 20 more minutes after covering.
3.Take a large shallow pan; transfer the rice to it using a spoon; let the rice settle at room... - 45.248
A basic recipe for a flavourful staple food. - 0
Armenian Wedding Pilaf
Wash the rice and drain.
In a heavy skillet, saute the almonds in the two tablespoons of butter.
Place the almonds on paper toweling to drain.
In the same skillet repeat the process with the raisins and dates.
Add more butter if necessary.
In a... - 40.9203
Green Pea Pilaf
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil over moderate-low heat.
2) After the oil gets heated, add 2 of the chopped onions, cinnamon sticks, ginger, chili powder, turmeric, and cumin seeds and cook for about 10 minutes.
3) Gradually, add 5 cups water and allow... - 44.0856
Chopped Meat Pilaf
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil over moderate-low heat.
2) When hot, add the onions, cinnamon, ginger, chili powder, and turmeric and cook until the onions brown, mixing once in a while.
3) Into the pan, add the meat and cook, stirring many a times... - 44.0625
Butter Rice Pilaf With Chicken Broth
1. Combine rice and butter in a 2-quart glass casserole. Microwave uncovered, at Power Level 10 for 3 to 4 minutes, or until rice has begun to brown, stirring, every minute. Add onion and celery. Microwave, uncovered, at Power Level 10 for 2 to 3 minutes... - 33.0444
Best rice Pilaf With Chicken
1. Combine rice and butter in a 2-quart glass casserole Microwave, uncovered, at Cook Cycle 1 (power level 10) for 4 to 5 minutes, or until rice has begun to brown, stirring every minute. Add onion and celery. Microwave, uncovered, at Cook Cycle 2 (power... - 28.5659
Spring Pilaf With Salmon And Asparagus
Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large skillet; add salmon (skin side up).
Return to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Remove fish with a slotted... - 43.1177
Cracked Wheat Pilaf
1) Wash cracked wheat under cold running water by placing in a sieve, stirring well to rinse all grains and then drain well.
2) Take a large nonstick skillet; heat oil in it and brown onions and garlic, stirring often, until softened.
3)... - 43.6598
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
When hot, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it softens but does not brown.
Add the cloves, garlic, salt, turmeric, and 3 cups water.
Bring to a boil, add the rice, and lower the heat to... - 41.4985
1. Melt margarine in a large skillet.
2. Add onion to the pan and fry them on a low flame, stirring frequently, until soft and golden.
3. Add rice and sautÃ© until lightly colored.
4. Season with salt
5. Pour in the water.
6. Bring to a boil,... - 40.9359
Broccoli And Cheese Rice Pilaf
In medium saucepan sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, saute onion and pepper until tender.
Stir in rice.
Add water, soup, parsley and salt; mix well.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Cover and cook 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. - 35.1648
Plov Or Pilaf
This very simple traditional dish, if done right, will fill your house with unbearably good smells of lamb, rice, and everything in between! Take time to make it and you will dive head first into the most precious delicacies of the Middle East. - 31.7864
Middle East Pilaf With Meatballs
Melt butter in large skillet; add vegetables and rice. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth, oregano, salt and pepper, and cooked wheat. Cover and simmer 25 to 35 minutes, or until rice is cooked. Serve with Meatballs in Mushroom Sauce. - 23.344
Brown Rice & Carrot Pilaf
Melt butter in a 2-quart pan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and carrots and cook until onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
Stir in rice; continue to cook, stirring, until rice begins to brown slightly.
Add stock and salt; cover and simmer until rice is tender... - 34.2413
If you bored of the regular ice and looking for a change, here’s your solution! In this video, Katherine demonstrates a wonderful recipe for making a quinoa pilaf. This colorful presentation is sure to make any mouth water!! This preparation is healthy and... - 128.352
Wild Rice And Pecan Pilaf
1. Rinse the wild rice by placing it in a medium bowl; fill with water and carefully pour off the water so the clean grains stay behind in the bowl. Repeat 2 or 3 times. Cover with warm tap water by 1 inch and let soak for 1 hour. Drain.
2. Put the pecans in... - 33.1624
Place vegetables, seasonings, and oil in 2 quart casserole, cook, uncovered, in oven 7 minutes.
Add raisins, dried fruit, and water; cook in oven 2 minutes.
Stir in cracked wheat; cook, uncovered, in oven 7 minutes.
Add raisins, dried fruit, and butter; mix... - 40.914
Wild Rice Pilaf With Dried Cranberries
Rinse wild rice; drain.
In 3 quart saucepan, heat wild rice and 2 cups water to boiling over high heat.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes until wild rice is tender.
Stir in dried cranberries; heat 1 minute.
Drain wild rice mixture, if... - 45.3685
Wild Rice Pilaf
1. Rinse wild rice well with cool water, and drain.
2. In a 12-inch frying pan or a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir or shake almonds until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour from pan.
3. Add onion, celery, and butter to pan. Stir often over... - 32.7749
Microwaved Brown Rice Pilaf
1. In a 2-quart microwavable casserole, put together vegetables, almonds, and margarine and cook on High for 1 minute.
2. Add rice, apricot nectar and 1 cup water; cover and cook on High for 4 minutes.
3. Add fruits, stir, cover and cook on Medium... - 45.3352
Pilaf And Curried Chicken Salad
1) Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
3) Add water or stock.
4) Mix raisins, apricots, walnuts, cinnamon, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
5) Boil the mixture. Cover and simmer... - 45.9065
Palak Pulao (spinach Rice Pilaf)
Pulao is a rice dish that served in every region of India, typically for special occasions and weddings. Palak (spinach) is the main vegetable used in this pulao. For more recipes, visit www.deliciousindian.com. - 40.669
Pilaf With Saffron And Pickled Walnuts
1. Put the saffron in a bowl with 15 ml / 1 tbsp boiling water and leave to stand. Heat a large frying pan and dry-fry the pine nuts until they turn golden. Set them aside.
2. Heat the oil in the pan and fry the onion, garlic and allspice for 3 minutes. Stir... - 37.0515
Saffron Pea Pilaf
Rinse the rice with cold water, then drain and set aside.
Heat the olive oil and margarine in a large heavy-based pan that has a tight-fitting lid.
Add the almonds, walnuts, raisins and apricots and cook for about 5 minutes until the nuts are golden brown and... - 45.2655
Pilaf Stuffed Pork Loin Roast
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in chopped onion, celery and garlic. Cook until onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add broth; bring to a boil. Stir in rice blend. Reduce heat to low; cover and... - 46.7175
Armenian Lamb With Pilaff
1. Preheat the oven to (160°C/325°F or Gas Mark 3).
2. In a pan, heat the oil and fry the onions gently for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Add the lamb and fry briskly until browned on all sides.
4. Stir in the stock and tomato puree (paste)... - 45.2733
Mediterranean Stuffed Grape Leaves
1) The oven is heated to 350 degrees C.
2) The vine leaves are rinsed with hot water and drained well.
3) The leaves are patted dry.
4) They are placed on linen towels, with the shiny side facing down.
5) Olive oil is warmed in a... - 47.34