- » Grain
Enjoy our collection of grain recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for grain recipes.
Moroccan Couscous Tfaya
Here is Alia with her first recipe video for 2012. She is making Couscous Tfaya, a dish prepared in special occasions in Morocco. It's basically couscous, topped with poultry or meat, and covered with caramelized onions! But, feel free to make it anytime you... - 148.118
This Basic Couscous recipe is by far the best couscous you would have ever made or eaten. Watch this video to learn the easiest and the fluffiest couscous. You can also make it plain or add your favorite herbs or nuts to make it more suitable to your palate.... - 142.926
Mint Pesto Couscous With Broccoli And English Peas
This recipe substitutes mint for basil in the pesto, which adds a summery freshness and fragrance. However you can really use any green leafy herbs that are lying around if you are looking to empty your fridge. Couscous is also a wheat grain but the texture... - 139.281
The Frugal Chef's Quinoa Salad With Tomatoes
Here is a great salad for you to make with cooked quinoa. It is absolutely delicious but also super healthy. After seeing the video, I realized that it is not rocket science. - 134.843
Vegan Quinoa Breakfast
Warm your belly and nourish your day with a bowlful of quinoa goodness. Just when you need that extra rush of energy in the morning, quinoa could do it for you. Warm, gluten-free and better than any cereal porridge, quinoa with roasted butternut squash is... - 134.759
Moroccan Couscous And Vegetable Salad
Have tried making a salad with couscous! If not then make a salad using all the fresh vegetables and mix in some couscous using the guidance of this video! Its light and easy and the video has simple instructions! - 130.245
If you bored of the regular ice and looking for a change, here’s your solution! In this video, Katherine demonstrates a wonderful recipe for making a quinoa pilaf. This colorful presentation is sure to make any mouth water!! This preparation is healthy and... - 129.82
Sea Bass Stuffed With Couscous And Cherry Tomato Salad
Sea bass stuffed with couscous and tomato salad is a delicious dish which can be prepared easily. Watch the video to see how you can also make it at your home and delight your family with this wonderful treat. - 128.526
Quick And Easy Vegetarian Couscous Pilaf
This quick versatile side dish pairs well with most any entrée. A bit different from the traditional couscous this pilaf-style couscous recipe is studded with raisins, chopped almonds and herbs and flavored with hearty spices that give it a unique flavor.... - 127.145
Whole Wheat Bread With Olive Oil
Whole wheat bread is a great option for the health conscious. Here is a recipe video for how to bake whole wheat bread. A great recipe that uses olive oil and agave nectar. A little effort required while kneading the dough, but otherwise a simple recipe.... - 126.134
North African Couscous
Here is a fabulous video that displays how to prepare a traditional North African couscous recipe. The chef here is serves the couscous with plenty of vegetables and a flavorful sauce. Try out this couscous with a great zest of flavors for a simple healthy... - 124.623
Quinoa With Raisins And Apricots
Quinoa for breakfast? A great start to a great day. Rich in protein and fiber that is vital for cancer prevention. A great recipe that includes raisins and apricots. Watch this video to learn how to best cook quinoa. - 124.567
This dish captures what we love most about spring – fresh, light and bright flavors. Chef John combines tender sweet spring peas and asparagus with golden pearls of toasted couscous to make a really light healthy and refreshing salad cum side dish with a... - 123.869
Mixed Vegetable Couscous
Another tasty recipe when you are on the Diet. This Couscous recipe has its authentic-tasting version, with mixed vegetables. You won't believe how good this low-calorie Salad can be! This makes a delicious breakfast or lunch - ideal for children, but... - 121.851
Tangy Quinoa And Black Bean Salad
Are you up for a really healthy salad full of protein? Here is a simple colorful salad that combines quinoa, black beans and other vegetables. The salad is well flavored with lemon juice and cumin! A really appealing appearance, this is a great recipe to try... - 121.762
Couscous With Shrimp And Vegetables
This recipe video is a shout-out to all the couscous lovers out there! The couscous here is served with some spectacularly tasting shrimp and vegetables. Watch and learn excellent dish from this video. Enjoy! - 119.935
Glutenfree Quinoa Salad
If quinoa is one of your favorite foods, use this grain now to make a healthy glutenfree quinoa salad. Combined with the chicken stock and stir fried veggies, this salad makes a perfect meal and can be relished before the main course or as a main meal dish.... - 119.742
Grilled Tilapia With Browned Butter And Couscous
Fish and seafood can get versatile when cooked and served with a twist. Watch Mike Monahan grilling Tilapia with a few simple spices and serving it along with couscous cooked with orange and other flavors. Twist worth it! - 119.518
Delicious Quinoa With Roasted Butternut Squash
This dish is quite enticing alright. Quinoa with Roasted Butternut Squash is a vegetarian breakfast delight. Before you have the vegetarians complaining about the lack of choices, you can surprise them with this recipe. Watch and learn this dish from this... - 118.974
Couscous Pilaf With Salmon
How about trying out this unique recipe, couscous pilaf with salmon. Take a look at this impressive video that displays a simple baked dish with salmon and couscous. The dish is very lightly seasoned so the baked salmon imparts an excellent flavor to the... - 118.638
Chinese-style Couscous Salad
For salad lovers, here's a preparation that would make you love fall in love with it instantly. The highlight about this salad is the unusual combination of ingredients. Couscous, cherry tomatoes and chicken stock mixed with variety of herbs, this chinese... - 117.451
Cancer Kicking Quinoa Dish With Turmeric
Have you heard...? Turmeric is one butt-kicking spice when it comes to cancer! Additionally, it helps to prevent a whole host of health concerns from indigestion to depression and even liver disease!
If you've been looking for ways to include Turmeric in... - 117.187
Grilled Peaches With Couscous And Balsamic Reduction
Peaches can be used with variations like grilling in recipes including even desserts. Here is a recipe to make Grilled Peaches as well as Couscous and Balsamic Reduction sauce to serve with. Good wholesome fulfilling meal! - 116.811
Grilled Shrimp And Vegetables With Pearl Couscous
Those looking for a healthier alternative to pasta should try using golden pearls of toasted couscous. This is a riff on a traditional seafood salad and paella, combining flavors of the Mediterranean and North Africa. A wonderful light, fresh and nourishing... - 116.206
Healthy Quinoa Tacos
Tacos can be made of anything! Agreed? Well here’s Katherine in this recipe proving just that!! Here is a recipe for a quinoa taco!! Besides being delicious, this recipe also has great nutritional value, so listen closely to Katherine as she let’s you in... - 114.902
Barbecued Pork Spareribs With Couscous Crouton Salad
Barbecued pork spareribs with couscous crouton salad is an exotic dish that can be easily prepared in your home kitchen and it will turn some eyes on the table when you present it. Watch this video for the details of this recipe. - 114.878
Ragi Baby Food
Lets have a look on how to prepare ragi or finger millet for a baby's diet. - 112.222
Simply Curried Couscous
Dishes like simply curried couscous are very handy to have under your culinary belt as they don't need any time to prepare and are a great snack or side dish. This video shows how quick and easy it is to prepare this toothsome dish that will be loved by all... - 111.832
Would you like to try out a great Peruvian fermented drink? Watch this amazing video that shows you how to make quinoa chicha at home. This video is well explained and informative. So see this video and enjoy this fabulous homemade quinoa chicha with your... - 111.046
Vegetable And Couscous Salad
Couscous is a healthy ingredient which must be a part of our meals. Here is a video showing couscous salad recipe, that is simple and has lots of vegetables along with couscous. - 110.241
Ever tried couscous? Even though this is a commonly used food item, many people don’t know how to cook or eat this? Commonly served as a side, couscous is easy to prepare and very high in nutrition. Watch the video recipe to learn how to cook this. - 108.193
Wholesome Whole Wheat Bread
What can beat the taste and flavor of freshly baked homemade whole wheat bread? Soft and fluffy, homemade breads are amazingly good to eat, much better than the storebought ones and makes a sweet accompaniment to your morning breakfast or late noon brunch.... - 107.776
Glazed Sea Scallops With Lemon Parsley Quinoa
Seafood with citrus and tangy flavors simply slide down the taste buds and here is one such recipe. Check out chef Mike cooking sea scallops with citrus glaze and serving them along with Lemon Parsley sauce. No better compliments to each other! - 106.243
1. Place a saucepan over medium flame, and melt butter in it.
2. Drop garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Stir occasionally and cook for about 3 minutes or until soft.
3. Add couscous, stir and cook for about 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
4. Pour... - 105.534
Healthy 3 Grain Crackers
The so called “Healthy" crackers available on your supermarket shelves are not so healthy after all. They are filled with unhealthy fats, preservatives and unnatural flavorings. Why spend a whole lot of money on something that is not doing you much good?... - 101.535
Chicken In A Garlic & Herb Butter Sauce With Couscous
Looking for something easy with chicken? Here is a compact dish made using chicken. Thanks to chef Mike Monahan for showing a great way to sear chicken in oil and serve it over a bed of garlic and herb butter sauce along with some cooked couscous. A whole... - 100.993
Couscous And Chickpeas Salad
Salad lovers will find this salad amazing and unique. The key ingredient of the salad is couscous. You can watch the video as the chef explains the recipe in detail. - 100.584
Millet porridge is a rich and healthy way to have breakfast. Now give your family the nutrition of millet by making this extremely simple dish. The dish is even made simpler by the chef who explains each step in a simple way, so that you can enjoy your... - 99.2509
Mediterranean Tabouli And Quinoa Salad
Have you been looking for an innovative salad recipe? Here's one just for you. Watch this video now to learn this super tasty Mediterranean Tabouli and Quinoa Salad. The salad is full of flavor and is sure to impress all. Watch the video now. - 99.1238
Hearty Vegetable And barley Soup
A bowl of this vegetable and barley soup makes a warm and hearty meal on a cold winter day. This recipe is easy, very delicious and really cheap, using leftover veggies. This is a really low-fat, satisfying meal full of flavor and good nutrients. - 97.6462
Creamy Corn And Vegetable Soup
A nice hot bowl of creamy corn soup on a cold winter day will warm your heart and soul. This soup makes a delicious and nutritious meal. Whole sweet corn added to a cream soup base with onion, potato, mushrooms and green pepper, cooked in a chicken broth. - 92.9653
Bbq Pork Spareribs With Couscous Croutons
Getting ready for summers? Take along this recipe of BBQ Pork Spareribs with Couscous Croutons. This is a simple recipe and the couscous croutons make it an exotic affair. Try this recipe with your friends and family to give them a pleasant surprise this... - 88.8568
How To Prepare Couscous
1. In a large bowl put all the ingredients except water and butter (if using).
2. Then pour in the boiling water in the bowl mix all ingredients well and leave it aside for 5 minute.
3. Once all the water is absorbed put in a little butter and mix it... - 87.3636
Vegan Quinoa And Black Bean Croquettes
Are you on a vegan diet? Try these super tasty Vegan Quinoa and Black Bean Croquettes which are totally out of this world. Watch this video to learn how you can prepare this delicacy at home. - 86.2566
If you are searching for an easy recipe for cooking couscous then this video will surely satisfy you. You probably never knew that preparing nice, soft and fluffy couscous could be so easy and so quick, as it takes only 5 minutes. - 85.9794
Vegetable Couscous In Chicken Stock
Looking for a way to make tasty couscous that will leave everyone asking for more? Then watch this video and learn to make tender, yummy couscous that is sure to earn you loads of compliments. - 83.1831
New to cous cous and don't exactly how to use it in your cooking? Well, this video is a greatly useful one for people who are new to this ingredient. You can learn how to make it usable for further cooking. Good one! - 83.0392
Vegan Quinoa Risotto
Have you been looking for an innovative vegan recipe? We've got one just for you. Watch this video now to learn a delicious Vegan Quinoa Risotto recipe. The dish is very very healthy and full of taste. Treat your family to this delicacy today. - 82.4045
Homemade Whole Grain Bread
Have you been looking for an easy method to bake your own Whole Grain Bread at home? Try this super simple recipe that you can replicate in your own kitchen. Don't give it a miss. - 81.7917
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
1. In a bowl, add chicken bouillon in the water and heat it in the microwave.
2. Wash the green onion cut the top and slice them all, keep it aside when done.
3. Wash, clean and peel the cucumber and cut it in dices, the tomatoes also in... - 81.7247
Have you been wondering how to prepare different quinoa varieties? This video will just guide you correctly. Watch the chef demonstrate a detailed process to prepare all the three varieties of Quinoa. The dish is very very healthy and high on taste too. - 80.682
Sweet And Sour Couscous With Soy Protein
Looking for a hearty dinner fest? Try this recipe. Couscous is one simple pasta dish that requires very minimal effort to make and goes well with almost any topping. Although its traditionally served with meat or veggie stew, this lip-smacking variation uses... - 76.0092
1. In a bowl place the couscous.
2. Pour over boiling water.Let it stand for 15 minutes so that the grains are absorbed.
3. Fluff using a fork so that the clumps of grain can break apart.
4. In a skillet toast the pine nuts for 3 minutes on medium heat... - 50.4633
Whole Wheat Apricot Breads
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the apricots with the oil, honey and boiling water.
3) Set aside to cool.
4) Now, mix the dry ingredients and nuts.
5) Mix the milk and egg and combine with the apricot mixture.
6) Add the... - 50.0249
Orange Wheat Bread
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
3) Now, add the remaining ingredients and stir until moist.
4) In a greased loaf pan, pour the mix.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until... - 49.8347
Place the lentils in a small saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1/2".
Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Cook for 5 minutes, or until the lentils are just tender.
Drain and rinse under cold water, pressing firmly to remove any excess water.
Place in a... - 49.4728
Couscous Stuffed Tomatoes
1) In a large bowl, soak the couscous in boiling water and stir with a fork.
2) Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir briefly.
3) Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
4) Combine green pepper, onion and currants... - 48.957
Roasted Vegetable Couscous
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C to 200C.
2. Cut the peppers, aubergine, courgettes and the sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
3. Spread the vegetables in a roasting tin with the onions and garlic.
4. Drizzle olive oil and toss vegetables.... - 48.7178
Big Four Cookies
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Grease a cookie sheet with baking spray or oil.
3) In a large glass bowl, sift together the dry skim milk solids, flour, spices, salt, soda and baking powder.
4) In another glass bowl, cream together the... - 48.6329
Scrambled Eggs With Couscous
1) Take a saucepan and boil 11/2 cups of water in it.
2) Turn the heat off and add the couscous.
3) Steam it after covering the pan with a lid for 5 minutes.
4) Add 1 teaspoon of butter and fluff it up with a fork.
5) Keep it warm.
6) Take a pan and... - 48.2876
Cracked Wheat Bread
Cracked wheat is a good alternative to regular flour breads. Cracked wheat bread has a nutty taste, moist and lighter than other breads. This breads goes well as a meal bread, sandwich bread and even for a snack. It tastes very good and different from any... - 48.2841
Meg's Christmas Braid
1. In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat butter with buttermilk, stirring to melt butter. Turn into large bowl of electric mixer; let cool to lukewarm (105 to 115°F). (If possible, check temperature with thermometer.)
2. Sprinkle yeast over lukewarm... - 48.2016
Quick Couscous And Zucchini
In 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine zucchini, onion, parsley, soy sauce, wine, garlic powder and ginger.
Microwave at High for 2 to 3 minutes, or until color brightens on zucchini.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Microwave at High for 2... - 47.9501
Chick Pea Couscous
1.Drain chick peas and pour enough fresh water on them.
2.Boil the chickpeas on high for 10 minutes without covering.
3.Lower the flame, skim and let theingredients simmer for 25- 30 minutes until soft.
4.Drain and keep the liquid aside.
5.Blend... - 47.9328
Swedish Rye Bread
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine the lukewarm water and yeast. Keep aside to double in bulk. This happens within a few minutes.
2) To the yeast mixture, add the molasses, fructose, orange peel, fennel seeds and caraway seeds.
3) Gradually add the rye... - 47.8785
Stuffed Mushroom Caps With Couscous
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) In a baking sheet arrange the walnuts and roast for 5 minutes till light brown.
3) Transfer walnuts into a small bowl.
4) Take a large saute pan and smear with olive oil. Keep over low heat for less... - 47.8649
Whole Wheat Bread
1. Into a small bowl pour the lukewarm water and add the yeast and 1 teaspoon of the sugar, rest for 2 or 3 minutes and then mix well.
2. Set in a warm, draft-free place (an unlighted oven) for about 10 minutes, until the yeast bubbles up and... - 47.6306
Round Raisin Whole Wheat Bread
1) In a bowl, beat together buttermilk, egg, molasses, oil, and sugar until well blended.
2) Stir in raisins and nuts.
3) In another bowl sift together the flours, baking powder, and baking soda.
4) Gently stream in the buttermilk... - 47.4854
Micriwaved Whole Wheat Bread
Measure milk into large mixing bowl.
MICRO WAVE 3 to 4 MINUTES on HIGH, or until bubbles form around edge.
Stir in sugar, salt and shortening.
Let stand until lukewarm.
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
Stir yeast into lukewarm milk mixture.
Add egg, all-purpose... - 47.4567
Quinoa With Stir Fried Winter Veg
1) Follow the pack instructions to cook the quiona.
2) In a wok, heat 3 tbsp of oil.
3) Add to the pan garlic and fry for... - 47.1519
Two Tone Rye Twist
1. Combine 3 cups of the all-purpose flour with rye flour in a medium-size bowl; blend well; reserve.
2. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a large bowl. ("Very warm water" should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist.) Stir until yeast dissolves;... - 47.1434
1. Grease an 8 inch round or 7 inch square cake tin, with oil, butter or baking spray.
2. Line the base of the tin with a grease proof paper; this will help to unmould the cake.
3. Preheat the oven to 350° F, 180° C
4. In a large... - 47.0046
Swedish Rye Bread
1) In a bowl of 1/4 cup of warm water, add in the yeast. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes to soften.
2) Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray two 9x5x2-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
3) In a large bowl, add rye flour, molasses, brown... - 46.9132
Confetti Couscous Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large saucepan, combine together the water and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Take the pan off the heat and add the couscous. Stir well.
4) Cover the pan and allow to... - 46.8978
1. In a large skillet or heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.
3. When the seeds start popping, ass the turmeric and diced potatoes and carrots and... - 46.8365
Couscous And Chick Pea Stew
1) In a pot, heat oil and sautÃ© the onions for 5 minutes or until tender.
2) Add the ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and pepper, cook for 1 minute.
3) Add the stock, squash, turnips, chickpeas, raisins, coriander and peppers.
4) Bring to a boil, cover... - 46.8025
1) Preheat the oven to 200°F.
2) Chop the lamb into cubes of 1 inch and put aside. Peel onion and chop into 1/2 inch wedges.
3) Rinse Zucchini and pat dry with paper towels. Trim ends and keep aside.
4) Wash and pare carrots. Trim them. Cut... - 46.7316
1) Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
2) Heat over medium flame till hot.
3) Add in yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms and sweet red pepper. Saute till it becomes crisp.
4) In a large serving bowl, add in squash mixture and 3 tablespoons of... - 46.6479
Whole Wheat Bread
1. Preheat the oven 400°F.
1. Take a large bowl and mix together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
2. Take a saucepan and heat about 1cup of milk along with margarine or molasses on low flame. 3. Heat... - 46.5589
Roasted Tomato Halloumi And Quinoa Salad
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C
2. Arrange the tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 table spoon olive oil and season.
3. Place in the preheated oven, roast for 25 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, toss the onion in vinegar, 1 1/2... - 46.3875
Baby Corn Spicy
1)Peel and cut onion into small pieces.
2)Slit baby corn into two and cut green chillies in Chinese style.
3)Mix together, egg, cornflour, flour and water to form a smooth batter.
4)In a pan, heat oil. Stir fry onion, green chilli until... - 46.3641
Chilled Couscous Salad
1. In a bowl cover the sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water and allow them to macerate for 20 minutes.
2. Then drain the tomatoes, julienne them, and set them aside.
3. In the sink combine ice cubes and cold water and pour the 4 cups of water into a... - 46.2709
Shellfish And Couscous With Fresh Tomatoes
1. In a large pot, bring the water to a boil add a dash of salt and stir in the couscous. Turn off the heat, and cover the pot tightly.
2. In a saute pan heat the olive oil over medium heat, sautÃ© the onion and hot pepper, stirring them often, until... - 46.1168
Vegetable Bean Stew With Couscous
Vegetable Bean Stew With Couscous is a filling dish that can be treated as a complete meal in itself! You just have to try this Vegetable Bean Stew With Couscous! - 46.0768
Ragout Of Spring Vegetables With Almond Couscous
1.Steam turnips for 8 to 10 minutes on steamer rack over boiling water.
3.In a saucepan, fill water to 3/4 capacity and bring to boil.
4.Add in fava beans.
5.Boil beans for 30 seconds, drain, and wash with cold running water.
6.Peel the... - 46.0716
Buttermilk Wheat Bread
1. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a 1-cup measure; stir in 1 teaspoon of the honey. ("Very warm water" should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist.) Stir until yeast dissolves. Let stand undisturbed to proof until bubbly and double in volume,... - 45.9476
Moroccan Meatballs With Herb Couscous
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix with your hand the lamb with onion, half the garlic, half the ginger and half the spices.
2. Shape mixture into marble size meatballs.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil.
4. Fry the meatballs in... - 45.9136
Coconut Couscous Salad
1) Soak the couscous as per the package directions.
2) In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Place the couscous in a steamer or large sieve lined with cheesecloth and keep over the boiling water. Then, steam covered as per the package... - 45.8496
Couscous Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
1) In a saucepan, bring to boil together water, margarine, bouillon, curry powder, garlic powder and salt.
2) Add couscous, cilantro and onions to the bouillon mixture.
3) Put the lid on and remove from heat.
4) Allow standing for 5 minutes and turning... - 45.7717
Fresh Corn Maque Choux
Fresh corn Maque Choux is a creamy and soothing corn stew made with added red peppers. Cooked in a sauce pan with a chicken broth and cream base, the Maque Choux has egg in it. Flavored with a dash of tabasco and seasoned to taste, the fresh corn maque choux... - 45.7607
Millet In A Nest Of Vegetables With Tomato Coulis
1. In a cooking pot add water and salt. Boil.
2. Stir the millet in the water. Lower the heat and simmer 45 minutes keeping the pot covered.
3. Steam vegetables till they are tender and crispy.
4. In a skillet add olive oil and warm it.
5. Mix garlic... - 45.4239
Sesame Whole Wheat Bread
1 Use very warm water (105°F.to 115° F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed yeast.
2 In a bowl, add warm water and sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cakes in to it.
3 Allow to rest for a few minutes , then stir to... - 45.3932
Couscous Soup With Vegetables And Charmoula
The cous cous soup with vegetables and cous cous cooked in a vegetable stock. Flavored with garlic, cumin, onions and cloves, the cous cous soup with vegetables and charmoula is spiced with paprika and cayenne and served with a swirled spoonful of charmoula. - 45.3883
Double Wheat Whole Wheat Bread
1. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a 1-cup measure; stir in 1 teaspoon of the honey. ("Very warm water" should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist.) Stir until yeast dissolves. Let stand, undisturbed, to proof until bubbly and double in volume,... - 45.309
Graham Cracker Pudding
In a bowl mix butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and cracker crumbs.
Line 8 x 9-inch pan with half the mixture.
Mix flour with 1/2 cup sugar; add egg yolks and milk, stirring well.
Pour into double boiler; cook until thickened.
Add vanilla just before removing... - 45.3058
Glazed Whole Wheat Bread
Bring milk and cold water to a boil in a small saucepan.
Off heat, mix in molasses, sugar, butter, and salt; cool to lukewarm.
Place lukewarm water in a warm large mixing bowl and sprinkle in yeast.
Stir cooled mixture into yeast, then beat in all-purpose... - 45.2969
Fresh Corn Relish
Remove the husks and silk from corn.
Cut the kernels from the ears.
There should be about 9 cups.
Place the corn and cabbage in a 5-quart saucepan or preserving kettle with pepper and onion flakes, sugar, salt, spices, vinegar and 1 3/4 cups water.
Bring to... - 45.2574
Grain Recipes By Category