- » Gourmet Vegetarian Rice
Gourmet Vegetarian Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of gourmet vegetarian rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for gourmet vegetarian rice recipes.
Spicy Beet With Coconut And Rice
Spicy beet with coconut and rice. A delicacy from south India ! This video prepares a spicy rice with beet and coconut. The beet is cooked with seasoned spices and coconut to make it a rich and wonderful dish mixed with long-grained Indian rice to give a... - 131.335
Pineapple Teriyaki Rice Pilaf
A dish to be gourmet doesn’t need a French word in the title! This is one of the easiest rice dishes you can make at home that will make you look like a gourmet chef. All you need is a rice cooker and some ingredients that you can find in the gourmet... - 106.622
Mango And Sticky Rice Part 1
What could be a wonderfully fresh way to conclude an end-of-the-summer celebratory meal than with the quintessential mango and sticky rice. With flavors straight from Thailand, this simple, heavenly Thai classic is a treat for anyone with a sweet tooth.... - 98.2334
Mango And Sticky Rice Part 2
Bored of custards and fudges and looking for a sweet change? Then you can’t go wrong with the refreshingly fruity and creamy mango and sticky rice. This sweet delicious Thai classic is something that none can resist. Plus, it’s quite a cakewalk to make... - 98.152
The Hippy Gourmet Tv Show
Are you in search of an easy to make and delicious side dish? this recipe suits your requirements just fine. Watch the chef share his personal recipe to prepare these roasted red potatoes. That's not all, there is a brilliant kale pesto recipe also to go with... - 84.2513
Hippy Gourmet Makes Veggie Sushi
Are you looking for a vegan variation for the traditional sushi? watch this video to get some great ideas of how you can prepare the delicacy with vegetables. This one is a must watch. - 58.8717
Simple Vegetable Fried Rice
Vegetable Fried Rice can be made using any number of vegetables. You can use carrots, beans, broccoli, mushroom, spring onion, green peas and the list goes on. Here is the recipe for making a low fat vegetable fried rice using less oil. This recipe serves 2... - 54.9463
Lite Vegetable Biryani
Lite Vegetable Biryani is a dish made of less masalas and more vegetables & nuts to give lots of taste. Try out and enjoy!! - 54.8007
Creamy Asparagus And Mushroom Risotto
This delicious and creamy risotto is so simple and easy to prepare. Your guest will love the earthy flavours of the mushroom and the fresh and crispy texture of asparagus.
I had tried it when, in an Italian restaurant I still remember the rich flavour of... - 52.8999
One piece of advice you will cherish, this is a must try recipe of Savory Slices. Trust me and whip this dish now. - 49.374
Healthy Vegetable Rice Salad
1.Ina pan cook rice by following the instructions given in the package.
2.Once done, refrigerate rice.
3.Season cucumber with salt and leave it for 30 minutes after covering.
4.Once done, wash the cucumbers well.
5.Take a medium sized... - 48.0181
Creamy Spinach And Brown Rice
Cook and stir mushrooms and leek in margarine in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until leek is tender.
Add milk and brown rice.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Cover; simmer 45 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender,... - 47.457
Eggplant Rice Base With Custard Topping
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2) In a food processor bowl with a slicing disc, process the eggplant until sliced.
3) On a well-oiled baking sheet, place the slices and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the slices... - 47.1607
Creole Rice Soup
This Creole Rice Soup makes for a wonderful appetizer as it is not just filling but also aids digestion. - 47.0513
Rice And Vegetable Torte
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the Parmesan cheese until finely grated, keep aside.
3) In a processor bowl with shredding disc, process the mozzarella cheese until shredded, keep aside.
4)... - 46.9973
Foodie, are you looking for a Zarda recipe? This Indian Zarda is a delectable dessert. Whole preparation and making of Zarda would take only 25 minutes. Tell me how you enjoyed my Zarda. Feedback helps to keep me going and experimenting more. - 46.6692
Autumn Fruits With Sloe Gin And Creamy Rice Pudding
1. For making the rice pudding, in a pan add the rice, sugar, nutmeg and milk and let it boil.
2. Reducing the heat let it simmer for 40 minutes such that the rice is tender, stirring occassionally.
3. Add the evaporated milk, bring to a boil then... - 46.5634
Wild Rice Salad With Nuts And Cherry Tomatoes
1) In a large saucepan with salted boiling water, rinse and boil the rice, then simmer covered on a low heat for 40 minutes.
2) Drain the rice in a colander and dry on paper towels.
3) In a glass serving bowl, toss the rice with olive oil and sprinkle... - 46.5136
Rice & Nuts Stuffed Green Peppers
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil and cook the rice for about 15 minutes until the rice is tender.
3) When cooked thoroughly drain the rice, then rinse under cold water and drain well.
4) Slice... - 46.2888
Rice Pudding Extraordinaire
1) In a small saucepan, add the rice, margarine and salt in the boiling water and simmer over a moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the water is absorbed.
2) Stir in the milk, mix well and transfer into the top of a double boiler.
3) Cover and... - 46.2382
Tropical Rice Pudding
1) In a large saucepan, over medium heat, put rice and then add one quarter of milk mixture, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed.
2) Continue the same process, pouring in a small portion of the milk mixture each time and cooking for... - 46.1892
Broccoli Rice Bake
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2) Trim the broccoli, break into flowerets and cut stalks into 1-inch pieces. Steam until just tender and keep aside.
3) In a food processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the cheese until shredded, keep... - 46.0461
Rice With Egg And Lemon From Italy
1) Mix glutamate powder and root ginger with water.
2) Add in rice and minimize heat.
3) Cook, covered for 15-20 minutes until the rice is just soft and discard ginger.
4) Take a serving casserole or tureen and whip egg yolks, lemon rind and juice in... - 45.8944
Norwegian Rice Cream
1. In a saucepan add rice and milk.
2. Boil the mixture, cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring frequently. Cook until thick.
3. In a small pan dissolve agar in orange juice.
4. Bring to boil and add the cooked rice.
5. Peel apple and grate it.
6. Add... - 45.8267
Rainbow Fruit Pulao
1 Wash and soak the rice for about 20 minutes.
2 In a pan, cook sugar and one cup water to make a thin syrup.
3 Set aside.
4 In a pan, heat the ghee, add in cardamoms.
5 Add in the soaked rice along with water, and cook until water... - 45.6299
Chile Rice Bake
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the garlic and onion until finely chopped.
3) In a small skillet, saute the onions and garlic in the oil for 3-5 minutes over a medium heat until... - 45.5468
Tomatoes Stuffed With Broccoli Rice
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat butter and sautÃ© chives, parsley, and basil in butter until soft and light golden.
3) Stir rice and broccoli bits and toss lightly until well coated.
4) Take the pan away from... - 45.2316
1 Wash the rice and soak for about 15 minutes.
2 In a pan, heat the ghee.
3 Add in soaked rice, cardamoms, 5 cups water and mango pulp.
4 Cook on a low heat, until tender and all the water is absorbed.
5 Transfer into another bowl... - 44.7299
Cheesy Rice Casserole
1) In a bowl, mix sour cream, green pepper, mustard, salt and pepper sauce.
2) In 10-oz casserole [22-oz casserole] layer 1/4 cup [1/2 cup] of rice and 1/2 of sour cream mixture and mozzarella cheese.
3) Repeat the process.
4) Finish with remaining... - 44.416
Coconut rice is a tasty, quick dish. Enjoy!! - 43.7591
Pears With Rice And Chocolate Sauce
1) Make sugar syrup by boiling water with white sugar.
2) In a covered saucepan, over low heat, allow rice to simmer in 1/2 pint water until rice absorbs the water and becomes tender.
3) Pour in evaporated milk, stirring well and keep the rice mixture... - 43.7528
Corn And Carrot Pilaf
1. In a large pan, heat oil, add onions and cook till soft, not browned; add aubergine and cook for five minutes
2. Add garlic and curry paste, sweet potato, carrot, beans and rice with about 700 ml water and coconut milk
3. Allow to boil, cover and... - 43.5808
1) Drain the mushrooms and reserve the liquid.
2) In a skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Stir in sherry and seasonings, simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the rice, pour in the reserved mushroom liquid and... - 43.4328
Italian Rice Soup
This Italian Rice Soup makes for a good appetizer, especially for party meals. It is quick to make as well. - 42.2568
Old Time Rice Pudding
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a shallow 2 1/2-quart baking dish, combine the rice, sugar, salt and nutmeg together.
3) Pour in 1 quart milk, place the dish in the oven, then pour in 1 quart of milk.
4) Bake in the preheated oven... - 42.1434
1. Put the rice, cloves and cardamom seeds into a large, heavy-based saucepan. Pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all the stock has been absorbed.
3. Meanwhile put the garlic cloves, onion,... - 42.13
Banana And Rice Salad With Curry Dressing
1) Take a salad bowl and mix together pepper, onion, bananas, rice and coconut in it.
2) In a screw-top jar, shake well sugar, salt, curry powder or paste, lemon juice and oil to mix.
3) Pour this dressing over the salad and toss well with two forks or... - 42.0628
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with butter.
3. In a skillet, melt butter and sautÃ© onions and mushrooms.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients .
5. Into the greased casserole, pour the... - 41.932
Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
1. In a saucepan, boil water, add rice, salt and simmer for 30 minutes, until all water is absorbed.
2. Add milk and continue to cook, until mixture thickens.
3. In a bowl, add eggs, sugar, vanilla, mix and add to the rice mixture. Fold in raisins and... - 41.791
Tropical Rice Salad
Wash the lettuce and line a salad bowl with the best leaves.
Shred the remaining lettuce.
Mix together the rice, pineapple, celery, scallions, pepper, corn, walnuts and shredded lettuce.
Add to the lettuce-lined salad bowl and chill.
Core the apple, chop it... - 41.5135
Wild Rice Rosti With Carrot Puree
1. For the puree, place the carrots in a saucepan, cover with cold water and add two pieces of orange rind. Bring to the boil and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and discard the rind.
2. Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender... - 40.6563
Orange Rice Dessert
1. In a saucepan, boil water, add rice and allow to cook until tender. Drain and allow to cool. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, add yogurt, honey, lemon juice, rind and mix well.
3. Add in the cooked rice, chopped orange and banana, mix... - 39.9704
Brown Rice And Vegetable Risotto
In a 3 1/2-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine rice, onion, leeks, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, saffron, and 2 cloves of the garlic; pour in water and wine.
Cover and cook at low setting until rice is tender to bite (4 1/2 to 5 hours).
Cut... - 39.7515
Peppers Stuffed With Rice And Cheese
Select large peppers.
Cut into halves and remove seeds.
Put in boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
Drain, reserving liquid.
Cook rice in boiling salted water until tender; drain.
Cook onion in butter.
Add water and cheese; stir until melted and... - 39.4476
Tofu Stir Fry
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. While rice is cooking, heat oil in large skillet. Add broccoli, carrot, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 3 minutes.
3. Combine teriyaki sauce, orange juice, cornstarch, garlic, ginger and pepper sauce in... - 39.4426
Coconut Rice Pudding
1. In a saucepan, boil water, add rice and simmer for 30 minutes, drain off water.
2. In another saucepan, heat milk, sugar, butter and scald them together.
3. Add cooked rice to the milk mixture, cook until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and... - 38.7788
Curried Rice Salad
My husband loves the Curried Rice Salad! This tasty salad is one of my favorites too. I serve this quiet often at home! Try this delicious Curried Rice Salad for yourself. - 38.3541
In 10-cup (2.5 L) casserole, cover and microwave chicken stock, covered with lid or vented plastic wrap, at High for 4 to 5 minutes or until boiling.
Stir in rice, butter and salt; cover and microwave at High for 5 minutes.
Microwave, covered, at Medium-High... - 38.2835
Rice Festival Pudding
1. In a saucepan, boil water, add rice, salt and simmer for 30 minutes, until water is absorbed.
2. Add milk, butter and bring to a boil again. Turn heat to very low and when milk has ceased boiling, add eggs, sugar, raisins, vanilla and mix... - 38.2195
Peach Rice Betty
1.Grease a baking dish.
2.Prehat the oven to 350 degrees.
3.On the dish, spread a layer of brown rice topped with layer of peaches combined with lemon juice and nuts.
4.Repeat the layers and top them with sprinkling of honey followed by... - 37.7199
Baked Spanish Rice And Barley
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat
1 1/2 M-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Cook and stir onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, rice, water, barley,... - 37.0025
Firini is a favourite dessert of Muslims,it is a form of plain Custard prepared from Milk and Rice Meal, made from crushed or ground soft Rice, soaked for 12 hours before cooking. - 35.2006
Rice And Spinach Salad
In a medium-size saucepan bring 4 cups salted water to a boil.
Keep the water simmering while adding the rice; cover and cook 15 minutes until rice is soft and water is absorbed.
In a large skillet, heat oil and cook green onions 3 to 4 minutes; stir into... - 34.9241
Rice And Black Eyed Pea Salad
Mix all ingredients together, adding just enough oil to coat all lightly.
Serve warm or at room temperature as a main dish salad.
Good mounded in hollowed-out tomatoes. - 34.8645
1. In a frying pan, melt butter and saute onions in it till golden
2. Add rice, stir to combine and make sure it is well covered in butter
3. Add one and half cup of hot water and the seasonings and allow to boil
4. Cover and simmer on a low flame for... - 34.2956
Crispy Rice Crust
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. In a small mixing bowl mix cereal crumbs and sugar.
3. Add butter and stir well.
4. Press mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Cool and keep aside.
7. Use as a pie base. - 32.4328
Fluffy White Rice
1. In heavy, medium-sized saucepan with tight- fitting cover, combine 3 cups cold water with the rice, salt and butter and bring to boiling, uncovered.
2. Then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15 to 20 minutes until rice is tender and water is... - 32.1431
South Of The Border Lunch Express
1. Combine tomato, salsa, beans, corn, cilantro, garlic and pepper in 1-quart microwavable bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until heated through; stir.
2. Microwave rice at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes in 1-quart... - 30.8241
Gourmet Wild Rice
Combine currants and brandy; set aside.
Combine wild rice and chicken broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 55 to 60 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Stir in currant mixture, olive oil, and pine... - 29.4999
Italian Rice Or Orzo Salad
This is a variation on the domed cold orzo salad with shrimp .
Improvise a delicious salad by boiling and draining 1 cup of rice or pasta.
Slice some pitted black olives, add chopped red onion rings and scallion slices, a handful of peas, and chopped... - 23.1087
Carrot Pecan Wild Rice Hd
1. In a saucepot add in the wild rice with water. Bring the rice to a boil, cover the pot and simmer for 40 minutes or according to the package directions.
2. While the rice is cooking, simmer the carrots for 5 – 7 minutes or until tender.
3. In a... - 0
Gourmet Vegetarian Rice Recipes By Category
Gourmet Vegetarian Rice Dish: