French Main Dish
- » Gourmet French Main Dish
Gourmet French Main Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of gourmet french main dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for gourmet french main dish recipes.
Perfect Steakhouse Style Filet Mignon
For a once-in-a-while treat, nothing beats a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth filet. It’s so simple you don’t even need a recipe. It is so simple that you’re going to be dumbfounded when you sink your teeth into one of these beautiful browned crust delicious... - 123.325
Lamb Ragout Over Pappardelle Pasta
This Lamb Ragout is aromatic, rich, and spicy! It's served over hand-cut Pappardelle Pasta made from scratch. This is a favorite dish from Aimee Pellegrini's restaurant, La Romanza Bistro in Seattle. She shared her family secrets for these great Italian... - 111.307
For all those French cuisine fans, this rabbit pate recipe is a must try. Take a look at the video to see very clear and simple directives to make rabbit combined with mushrooms, and whiskey to make a mouthwatering dish. Few minutes of baking and you are... - 105.258
Baked Chicken Leg Roulade
So do you love your chicken baked and boneless? Here's a great video showing you how to make the perfect Baked Chicken Leg Roulade which has some melt in the mouth stuffing. Don't miss out on chef's valuable tips while drooling over the chicken. - 102.41
Blue Lantern Lounge Salmon Wellington
Show off your French culinary skills by making this salmon en croute. Chef Jason from Blue Lantern Lounge shares his mom’s recipe of Salmon Wellington which they concocted while making the classic Beef Wellington. A nice twist on the standard, this makes an... - 102.294
Angus Beef Filet With Potatoes Au Cru
1. Bring the meat to room temp.
2. Season beef filets with salt and pepper.
3. In a pan melt butter and sear filet on both sides.
4. Place it in the oven until it is brown and crispy.
5. Saute purple potatoes in olive oil.
6. Deglaze pan... - 102.155
Delight in this truly exotic dish of Bouillabaisse - a unique and delicious blend of fish, oysters and shrimp in fish stock and garnished with garlic cloves and pepper! Amazing enough to make your tongue go rolling! - 50.8384
Dover Sole Paupiette Vin Blan
Dover sole needs to be handled gently as it is quite tender when fresh and also once cooked. With a thin flesh the fillet can be shaped into a paupiette and also will hold stuffing in them. This dish that i would like to present here is served in different... - 49.4504
Vegetable Stuffed Spinach Crepes
Place the eggs, milk and beer in a food blender, and then the salt, flour, and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
Blend for 30 seconds, then scrape down the sides of the container, using a rubber spatula.
Blend in the spinach.
Be sure that you have squeezed the spinach... - 49.2541
1. From the backbone, cut lobsters into half; remove stomach and intestines and discard them.
2. Separate flesh and dice.
3. Thoroughly wash the shells.
4. Crack open claws.
5. Into a saucepan, put together all flesh and add prawns,... - 48.7112
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350Â°F.
2. In a bowl, beat the egg with the water to make the glaze.
3. Scrub the potatoes.
4. In a pot containing water to cover the potatoes, cook them. Peel and slice them
5. With a grater or using the shredding... - 48.5067
Lamb Vegetable Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© lamb patties until lightly browned on both sides; discard all excess fat.
3. In a 2 1/2-quart baking dish, layer bottom with sliced potatoes and half... - 48.4127
Millefeuille De Pommes De Terre Et Navets Au Foie Gras Avec Girolles
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
2. Wash the chervil and discard the larger stems.
3. Peel and grate the potatoes finely. Run under cold water, drain and pat dry.
4. Peel the turnips and grate them finely. Mix with the potatoes in a bowl and add... - 48.3502
Vegetable Beef Casserole
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a 2 quart flameproof casserole dish and spread one tomato slice over the bottom.
3) Top with 1/2 the squash slices and sprinkle 1/2 the quantity of onion.
4) Sprinkle rice evenly and add the remaining... - 48.1973
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Prepare the pastry in the regular way but instead of milk, use water for mixing. Chill for as long as possible and then roll out the pastry and line a pie plate of 9-inches.
3) Drain the... - 48.1239
Meat Loaf En Croute
1. In a large bowl, put together eggs, bread crumbs, milk, onion, green pepper, salt, marjoram and pepper.
2. Using a fork beat the ingredients until well combined; let it stand for 5 minutes.
3. Add in the ground pork and ground chuck; using a... - 48.0823
Duck A L Orange
1) Preheat your oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas 7.
2) Prepare the ducks by removing extra fat from the body. Put orange rind inside the cavities and season according to your taste.
3) Take a baking dish, and place the ducks as... - 48.0529
Cepes Farcis Aux Escargots Et Fumet De Vin Rouge
1. Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
2. In a blender, puree the chicken breast with the egg yolk and 1 level teaspoon salt.
3. With a cloth, cover the bowl and chill for 15 minutes.
4. To prepare the breadcrumbs, puree the parsley, almonds and garlic.... - 47.9874
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large frying pan, put 3 tablespoons of olive oil and gently fry the courgettes, onion and garlic for about 8 to 10 minutes, till they are soft and lightly brown.
3) In the meantime,... - 47.9834
Old Fashioned Egg Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F (220° C).
2) In a mixing bowl, mix the flour and pinch of salt together.
3) Whisk in the egg, milk or water and melted butter, blend thoroughly.
4) Heat a lightly greased 10-inch crepe pan or skillet and... - 47.9741
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl sieve together flour and salt.
3) Slowly rub the butter and shortening with the flour using a knife of fingers.
4) Fold in the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough ball is formed.
5) Place the dough... - 47.7277
1. In large saucepan, place beef tongue and cover with water.
2. Add 1 tablespoon salt and simmer for about 2 hours until tender.
3. Once done, remove the beef tongue and let it cool enough to remove the skin and all hard parts.
4. While the beef is... - 47.644
Coq Au Vin With Chicken Bouillon
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Slice the chicken breasts.
3) In a non-stick pan, brown the chicken over the high heat, flipping occasionally.
4) Place the chicken in the baking dish.
5) Cover the chicken tightly with a foil.
6) Bake... - 47.4105
Terrine De Canard
1) Cut the dices from the duck meat and mix with inced pork and veal.
2) In the meat mixture add, garlic, Worcestershire, orange juice and herbs along with wine, salt and... - 47.3898
Crosnes A La CrÃ¨me
Combine water, lemon juice and flour in a saucepan.
Bring to the boiling point and lower the heat to medium.
Scrub, wash and drain the crosnes.
Drop into the water and cook for about 10 minutes or until almost tender.
Heat the butter and oil in a deep... - 47.34
1. Rinse chicken pieces well in cold running water; dry well on paper towels.
2. Combine flour, seasoned salt, and pepper in a paper bag; mix well. Add chicken pieces to bag; shake well to coat chicken all over.
3. In some of hot oil in large skillet, saute... - 47.3116
Beef 'n Frank Wagon Wheel
1) Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
2) Take a cookie sheet and line with double layers of foil.
3) In a mixing bowl combine together beef, salt, 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1/3 cup soup. Form 11-inch circles with the mixture and place on the... - 47.3085
Veal Paprikash And Noodle Casserole
1. On a waxed paper, mix flour, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
2. Coat veal with the flour mixture and save remaining flour mixture.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a Dutch oven or 4-quart casserole, heat some oil and... - 47.3009
Steak Au Poivre
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into thick chips and dry in a tea-towel.
3. In a pan for deep frying , heat oil to about 190 degrees centigrade, add chips to the oil and fry for 6-7 minutes until just... - 47.2737
1. In a large crock pot, add the olive oil
2. Add the meat with sliced carrot, onion, celery, bouquet garni, garlic and stir well.
3. Pour wine over meat and vegetables.
4. Cover pot with cheesecloth and let marinate for a week to 10 days in a... - 47.2582
Tournedos Au Poivre Vert
1. Trim and discard all visible fat from steaks.
2. In a non-stick pan, brush oil and fry steaks as desired.
3. Remove steak from pan and keep hot.
4. Into the same pan, pour wine and brandy and let alcohol evaporate.
5. Add peppercorns,... - 47.2287
1.Soak the haricot beans in sufficient cold water overnight.
2.Cook the beans by adding salt and water until soft.
3.Wash the meat and vegetables and cut them finely.
4.Heat the fat until hazy.
5.Put meat in it and fry until... - 47.1782
Coquilles St Jacques
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Heat the margarine in a 9-inch skillet till it is bubbly.
3) Add the shallot and sautÃ© for some time.
4) Add the lemon juice and mushrooms.
5) Over high heat, cook the mixture till... - 47.1748
One Pot Chicken Chasseur
1) Season the chicken and keep aside.
2) In a large lidded casserole, add oil and heat up.
3) Place the chicken on hot oil for 5 minutes on each side until it turns golden brown. Transfer the chicken on a separate plate.
4) Add remaining... - 47.1159
Fillet Of Sole Bonne Femme
Sprinkle sole lightly with salt and pepper.
Fold fillets crosswise and place in a greased 8-inch-square baking pan.
Top with onion and lemon slices; pour wine over all.
Cover and bake in a 400° oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when... - 47.0758
Fancy Chicken A La King
.1.In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter.
2.Once melted, add green pepper and cook until soft but not brown.
3.Shift the vegetables on one side.
4.Put flour and salt and mix with butter.
5.Add cream and stir well.
6.Stir in chicken and cook until... - 47.0536
Broccoli Onion Deluxe Casserole
1. Preheat oven to at 350Â° F.
2. In a pot of boiling salted water, cook broccoli until just tender.
3. Add onions and cook until tender.
4. In a skillet, melt butter and blend in flour.
5. Gradually milk and stir until thickened.
6.... - 47.04
1. Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
2. Remove skin from plaice and discard.
3. Finely dice onion and leek.
4. Into a casserole, line bottom with onion and leeks.
5. Top with fish and sprinkle herbs.
6. Pout white wine on top and seal... - 47.0352
1. Trim and discard all visible fat from steaks.
2. Dice tomatoes and onions.
3. Cut mushrooms into slices.
4. In a saucepan, pour wine and bring to a boil.
5. Add vegetables and simmer for about 2 minutes.
6. Add garlic salt, tomato... - 46.9799
1) Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy saucepan over medium flame.
2) Once the foam subsides, stir in the onions, celery and carrots. Cook for nearly 5 minutes and then add the shallots.
3) Continue to cook for another 3 minutes and then add the... - 46.8628
Crepes De Volaille With Mornay Sauce
1. Put the chicken in a large saucepan with the celery, carrot, onion, parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add water to cover and bring to a boil. Partially cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
2. Remove the chicken from the pot, and, when cool... - 46.8623
Broiled Fish On Cold Tomato Vinaigrette
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Coarsely chop the tomatoes.
3) Line a broiler pan with double thickness of aluminium foil.
4) In a bowl place together the oil, vinegar, coriander and garlic, and beat well to mix.
5) Add the tomatoes and... - 46.8513
Rack Of Lamb With Minted Zinfandel Sauce
1)Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2)Mix rosemary, oil and garlic. Coat lamb with this marinade.
3)Roast lamb for 15 minutes at 130 degrees F over medium rare and 140 degrees F over medium. Roast until done over 160 degrees F,... - 46.8264
Huitres A La Mangue Au Sabayon De Curry
1. Pre-heat the oven.
2. Scrub and wash the oysters well.
3. Open the oysters over a strainer and a fine cloth, to filter the juices to a bowl underneath. De-shell the oysters and place them in their juices.
4. Remove the top halves of the... - 46.8174
Liver With Dubonnet And Orange
1) Trim sturdy and tarnished parts of the liver. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
2) Skin and finely chop the onions.
3) Peel and finely chop garlic.
4) Chop parsley.
5) Grate orange and lemon rind.
6) Dredge liver in seasoned flour.
7)... - 46.7901
Lobster A La Bourgogne
1) Allow the butter as well as the margarine to reach the room temperature till it is semi-soft.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix both the ingredients and blend well till the mixture is creamy. Add the parsley, onion and garlic and blend properly... - 46.7839
Chicken With Artichokes
1. Cut the boned chicken breasts into cubes.
2. In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Saute the chicken pieces in the butter until evenly browned.
4. Add the mushrooms and saute them with the chicken, until they are tender... - 46.772
Fish Mousse With Bercy Sauce
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Boil the court bouillon.
3) Cook the fish gently over low heat, uncovered, in the bouillon for about 10 minutes or till the fish is tender.
4) With a slotted spoon, take the fish out of... - 46.772
Chicken Liver With Sauce
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and cook garlic and chicken livers in it.
3.Put mushrooms, tomato paste and meat glaze to it.
4.Turn the heat off and add flour to the mixture.
5.Mix flour and add wine... - 46.7569
Chicken Breasts Veronique
Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt.
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in wide frying pan over medium heat.
Add chicken breasts and cook until golden on each side.
Stir in marmalade, tarragon, and wine.
Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until meat is no... - 46.7525
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
2) In a bowl, mix the potatoes, butter and cream together.
3) Season well with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg to taste.
4) In a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole, spread the potato mixture at... - 46.7477
Baked Liver And Rice
1. Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
2. In a saucepan, put together long grain rice in water; heat until it boils and stir once or twice.
3. Simmer for about 10 minutes until water dries up.
4. Add milk and cook on low heat with... - 46.73
French Leg Of Lamb
1) Preheat oven to 500 F.
2) In a shallow roasting pan, arrange the lamb flat, fat side down.
3) Place the potatoes around meat, mark with butter.
4) Put the pan in the oven and roast, uncovered for 20 minutes.
5) Reduce the heat to... - 46.7255
1. In a 3 1/2-quart Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons butter and sautÃ© onion, chuck and garlic for 10 minutes until brown.
2. Stir in allspice, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt and the tomato sauce; stir and bring the mixture to boiling.
3. Lower... - 46.7175
Mme Vanier's Le Poulet Saute Aux Champignons A La Creme
Cut chicken into serving pieces.
Season and brown in oil in pan.
Cover, bake in oven 20-25 minutes at 350Â°F.
Meanwhile, rinse and chop mushrooms.
Brown in 1 tablespoon butter and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, very little thyme and bay leaves.
When they... - 46.7165
Seafood Stuffed Crepes
1. In a bowl, combine salmon, tuna and water chestnuts or celery. Keep aside.
2. Measure flour, sugar and salt and sift onto wax paper.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk until thick
4. Add the sifted dry ingredients and... - 46.713
Individual Baked Fillets
Melt butter in fry pan; saute mushrooms and onions 5 to 10 minutes until moisture is cooked away.
Blend in parsley, salt, MSG, pepper, lemon peel and flour.
Add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
Cut foil into six 18 x 9... - 46.6406
Breast Of Chicken Chardonnay
1) Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2) Seasonthe chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
3) Dredge the chicken with flour until lightly coated.
4) In a large heavy skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons clarified butter over a medium-high... - 46.5496
Speedy Coq Au Vin
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into ¾-inch cubes. Put in a saucepan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 8 minutes until tender.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil, add the chicken and fry for 4 minutes, turning once, until... - 46.5436
Florentine Apple Crepes With Smoked Salmon
Wash and dry the spinach, remove the stems.
Heat half the butter in a sauce pan, and saute the spinach until wilted and tender.
Set aside to cool.
Heat the remaining butter in a second sauce pan and add the flour and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
Add the... - 46.5269
Scallops And Mushrooms
1.Cook the scallops in a mixture of water and wine.
2.Add pepper, salt, parsley, peppercorn, bay leaf to it and cook for 5 minutes.
3.Drain and cut the scallops in 3- 4 pieces.
4.In a saucepan heat the butter and cook finely cut shallots and sliced... - 46.3793
1. Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
2. Take a 8" x 4" or 7" x 3" loaf pan and line its bottom and long sides with bacon slices overlapping them slightly draping the ends over sides of pan.
3. In a large skillet Melt butter or margarine and... - 46.2982
Sweetbreads With Orange Sauce
1) Take a large bowl and combine 4 cups of water, six ice cubes and sweetbread in it.
2) Keep the mixture in the refrigerator for about an hour.
3) Remove the apple peel and core the apples after cutting into 2 halves.
4) In a 1-quart glass... - 46.2982
Charleston Chicken Stew
1.Slice the chicken in pieces big enough to be served.
2.Take a kettle and put chicken pieces in it along with water, mace, salt, pepper and onion.
3.Put the lid of the kettle and let the ingredients simmer for 40 minutes.
4.Once the... - 46.2326
1.Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2.Take a soaked Romertopf and put cut pieces of one tablespoons butter in it.
3.Make a mixture of chopped onio, herbs, lemon juice and half wine and put it in the Romaertopf.
4.Place the fish on the mixture... - 46.2287
Scallops In Creamy Wine Sauce
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the soup mix, cream, milk, pepper and lemon juice. Stir to blend ingredients.
2. In a heavy bottom saucepan, melt butter over a medium flame.
3. When the butter starts frothing, add the garlic and sauté for... - 46.2161
Chicken A L'orange
1) Peel the oranges and cut the rind into thin strips. Set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
3) Sprinkle the chicken with paprika and saute in margarine for about 4 minutes on both sides or until light brown in color.
4) Take a 13- x 9-... - 46.2089
Bailey's Bouillabaisse - Fish Stew
1) Take a pan with the boiling water in it and add celery, onion and potatoes to it.
2) Cook the vegetables in the boiling water for about 10 minutes.
3) Take a small cup and mix together milk and flour to form a thick paste.
4) Stir in the flour... - 46.107
Fish A La Nantaise
1) Whole fish shuld be preferred, but without gills.
2) Cut off the fins and scrape the inside of the fish thoroughly.
3) Sprinkle salt over fish and let it stand for 15 minutes.
4) Rinse the fish and make it dry.
5) Clean the vegetables and... - 46.0721
Le Carre D Agneau Roti A La Fleur De Thyme
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Trim lamb, leaving about 1/4 inch fat, and score fat in crisscross pattern.
3. Wrap exposed bone ends with aluminum foil. Season both sides with salt and pepper; rub in half of thyme.
4. In a large... - 46.0515
Pate De Foie Gras Aux Poireaux Confits
1. De-vein the foie gras and place in a bowl containing the water and milk.
2. Keep aside for 2 hours to remove all traces of blood. Dry with cloth.
3. Mix the marinade ingredients and pour over the foie gras. Cover with cling film and marinate... - 46.0203
Clams Aux Blinis
1) Open, chop the clams and reserve, discard the clam shells.
2) In a saucepan, pour the clam juice, stir in the wine and shallots, then allow to boil and reduce the wine to half.
3) Stir in the fish veloute, chives, parsley and tarragon, then turn off... - 46.0163
Gourmet Rolled Fillet Of Beef
1) Take a frying pan and heat olive oil in it.
2) Add onions, garlic and celery to it and let it turn light brown in color before adding the consommé and red wine to it.
3) Turn on the flame and boil for about 5 minutes until the liquid is reduced to... - 45.9718
Chard Croquettes With Egg Yolk And Butter Sauce
1) In a saucepan, saute the chard, scallion, marjoram, salt, almonds, pepper and cinnamon in the butter.
2) Stir in the milk and cook over a low heat, until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
3) Stir in about 1 tablespoon flour, half the beaten eggs... - 45.95
1) Discard the shells and cartilage from the crabmeat, then combine with the onion, parsely, celery and sherry and allow to chill for 1 hour.
2) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
3) In a 9 inch pie plate, line the pastry and bake for 5... - 45.943
Soak salt cod in cold water at least 4 hours.
Meanwhile prepare the sauce.
Saute onions and garlic in 1/4 cup olive oil and butter.
When just limp, add tomatoes and next 5 ingredients and blend thoroughly Cook over low heat until slightly thickened.
Add pine... - 45.8973
French Fish Casserole
Cover fish with water; add vinegar, parsley, carrot, onion, salt, and pepper, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork.
Pour off stock and strain; reserve for Mushroom Shrimp Sauce.
Break up fish in small pieces, then mix with white sauce... - 45.8848
Beef In Burgundy Sauce
1. Cut the beef into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Working in batches, brown the meat in the skillet; do not overcrowd the pan or the meat will steam rather than brown. The browner the meat, the darker the gravy. Transfer the... - 45.858
Basque Style Chicken
1. In a sauté pan, fry the diced ham or bacon in the oil such that lightly brown and transfer to a serving plate using a slotted spoon.
2. To the pan add chicken, let it cook such that golden brown and keep aside.
3. To the empty pan add the onions... - 45.832
Scalloped Turnips And Peas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a greased casserole, arrange turnips and peas in layers.
3. Top with white sauce.
4. Cover top with crumbs and cheese.
5. Season with paprika and salt.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25... - 45.8005
1) Take a 9-inch skillet, heat margarine till it is hot and bubbly.
2) Now add the shallots and fry quickly for a minute by turning frequently.
3) Add mushrooms and cook, mixing at times till all the liquid reduces for about 3 minutes.
4) Scatter... - 45.7988
1) Preheat the oven to 200°F.
2) Drizzle pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of salt over chicken.
3) Take a heavy-bottomed skillet and place it over medium-high heat. Pour oil and heat.
4) Now, put the chicken in the skillet and saute each side... - 45.7835
Bay Scallops Quiche
1) In a bowl, mix the parsely scallops and sherry together, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
2) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
3) In a 9 inch pie plate, place the pastry and bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
4) In a skillet, saute the... - 45.7791
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Season the chicken pieces.
3. In a baking dish, layer the ham.
4. Arrange the chicken over it.
5. Pour the Drambuie and wine over the chicken.
6. Place chicken in the oven and bake for 30... - 45.7736
1. Fillet the soles and pomfret to remove the skin. Reserve bones and skin and use to make 1 2/3 cups fish stock for the sauce.
2. Wash, drain and dry the fish fillets by patting with kitchen paper.
3. Combine ingredients for marinade and rub... - 45.7483
Stewed Knuckle Of Veal
1) Slice the veal knuckles into large chunks enough to serve four.
2) Dredge the veal in seasoned flour.
3) In a saucepan, melt butter or oil. Fry the onions till lightly transparent.
4) Into the pan, add in the veal, carrots, celery, tomatoes and... - 45.7103
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Sprinkle salt and paprika all over the chicken pieces.
3) In a skillet, heat the butter ad brown the chicken pieces on all sides. Move them to a casserole.
4) With the fat remaining in... - 45.6815
Steak Au Poivre Dinner
Dampen potato[es]; sprinkle with salt.
Prick with fork to allow steam to escape.
Place potato[es] on 7 1/2" plate [two 7 1/2" plates].
Microwave uncovered on high (550 watts) until almost tender, 3 to 3 1/2 min [6 to 7 min].
Brush browning sauce over both... - 45.6094
This classic Salade Niçoise is updated using purple potatoes and fresh asparagus. You can either use canned albacore or seared fresh ahi. Sometimes I use Haricot Verts, but love the freshness and texture of Spring asparagus. You can use either oil canned... - 45.6016
Fricassee Of Chicken
1. Separate the meat from the chicken using sharp pointed knife. Preserve the carcass for further use.
2. Cut down the bone meat into a 1- 2 inch pieces.
3. Preheat the oven to 250°F. ( If oven is used).
4. Take a saucepan and melt 2... - 45.5575
Roe En Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3) In a saucepan, add the roe, sauterne, bay-leaf, peppercorns and cloves together.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
5) Drain the roe and break into pieces with a... - 45.4848
Blue Cheese Quiche
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Dust flour over the working table and roll out the dough.
3) Using the rolled dough sheet line a 9 inch flan ring and set on a baking sheet.
4) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
5) In a pan, sautÃ©... - 45.4518
Hard Boiled Eggs With A Green Sauce
1) In a skillet, saute the greens and herbs in the butter and season with the spices and salt to taste.
2) Cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the greens are tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
3) Stir in... - 45.4092
Moules A La Poulette
1) Properly clean the mussels and discard the broken or open shells, if any.
2) Scrape away all the grit and scum. Remove the beards, which are basically the hard, hair-like filaments that tend to protrude from between the two shells.
3)... - 45.4003
Ratatouille Topped Fillets
For vegetable mixture, in a medium saucepan combine the eggplant, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, green pepper, basil, garlic powder, oregano, and salt.
Bring the mixture to boiling, then reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 15... - 45.3914
1) In a bowl with hot chicken broth, soak the porcini mushrooms for 1 hour. Drain, chop the porcini and reserve the liquid.
2) In a large non-stick skillet, saute the porcini and prosciutto in the 3 tablespoons heated olive oil on... - 45.3868
1) Soak the beans overnight in cold water with 1 tablespoon salt.
2) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
3) In a roasting pan, place the pork and roast until the thermometer inserted in the pork, reads about 275°F. Allow to cool, slice into... - 45.3595
Escalopes De Veau Normande
1.Scrape escalope with flour.
2.In a heavy skilllet.,put 6 tablespoons of butter and heat.
3.Add scraped escalopes to it and fry until light brown.
4.Add salt and pepper to it.
5.In a separate pan, heat Calvados.
6.Put heated Calvados in... - 45.3374