- » Gourmet French Appetizer
Gourmet French Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of gourmet french appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for gourmet french appetizer recipes.
Grilled Pear, Endive And Crottin De Chavignol Toasts
Lots of people love their French goat’s cheese, but many don’t know how versatile and tasty a cooking ingredient it can be! Sophie Wright, the ambassador for Easy Cheesy Chèvre, TV Chef and bestselling author, has come up with some top tips and recipes... - 125.499
French Goats Cheese Camembert And Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
TV Chef and bestselling author Sophie Wright shows you how to make a mouth-watering dish using French goats cheese. Goat's cheese is a versatile ingredient in the kitchen; slice the firm variety or crumble soft goat's cheese. This lively salad captures the... - 107.427
Farm Fresh Salad With Brie Croutons
A recipe courtesy of US Food Service and Beyond the Plate. This salad is bursting full of flavor from the strawberries, toasted walnuts, raspberry vinegarette and crispy goat cheese and brie croutons. And it's all about presentation right? Check out what USF... - 104.54
Holiday Brie And Blackberry Jam En Croute
Holiday season is here and everyone is looking for really easy but also super fancy appetizer recipes to “wow” their guest. This is one recipe that is surely going to be remembered by your guests. Serving various cheeses with crackers is pretty gourmet... - 99.1188
Holiday Cheese Platter
A beautiful cheese plate makes a wonderful appetizer for a cocktail party or Christmas dinner. On "cook with Adam", Adam shows one of his versions of creating a Cheese Platter that makes for an elegant gift when you are going to a Christmas party! It’s... - 96.4942
Chicken Liver On Pear
If you want to impress your guests at a formal dinner party, this is the appetizer that will have them remember you for years! This is a rather unique chicken liver recipe which makes for a rather elegant restaurant style first course. The livers are cooked... - 93.9648
Crème De Tomato En Croute
This wonderful tomato soup recipe comes from the Bistro Jeanty restaurant (one of my favourite spots) in Yountville, California. I love the cuisine and the delightful French ambiance of this bistro. The minute you open the door the aromas from the kitchen... - 54.5907
Curried Tuna Bisque
1) Take a 4 quart saucepan and heat oil in it.
2) Add onions, carrot, celery and onions. Cook over medium heat until vegetables become tender, stirring occasionally.
3) Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
4) Remove the pan from heat. Add tuna and... - 50.7028
French Onion Soup With Cheese Croutons
1) Peel onions and trim at the ends. Cut onions lengthwise and then cut crosswise forming thin slices.
2) Take a heavy bottomed kettle or Dutch oven and heat the oil and butter in it. Add onions and stir.
3) Reduce heat to medium-low... - 49.5502
French Onion Soup
1) Soup Stock : In a 7 quart pressure canner, add the bones soup meat, onions, peppercorns and garlic, cover with cold water.
2) Cover the pressure canner and bring up the steam, exhaust air, close valve when the pressure reaches 15 pounds.
3) Adjust... - 48.9694
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) With the pastry, line a 9-inch pie plate and keep it aside to chill.
3) In a sauté pan ,heat 4 tablespoons of oil add tomato puree and tomatoes and cook over low flame, occasionally... - 48.7112
1) Pierce the whole onion with cloves.
2) In a slow cooker, place together shanks, onion, garlic, water, bay leaf, rosemary, peppercorns, and salt.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 6 to 8 hours.
4) Strain the shanks and pour the strained broth back in... - 48.5764
Walnut Beet Grapefruit And Endive Salad
1) Garlic Oil : In a medium saucepan, heat the corn oil and garlic cloves over a medium heat for about 30 minutes.
2) Allow the oil to cool to room temperature, then strain both oil and garlic; keep aside.
3) Grapefruit & Sherry... - 48.4977
Blue Cheese And Leek Quiche
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease a 10-inch quiche dish. Cover with breadcrumbs on the bottom and sides of the dish.
3. Keep in a freezer until ready to use.
4. In a skillet heat butter and saute leeks until tender.
5. In a food... - 48.3531
Mixed Leaf Salad With Roasted Walnuts And Roquefort
1) Preheat the oven to 275°.
2) In a baking sheet, spread the walnuts.
3) In a small bowl, add the vinegar, mustard and salt to combine. Gradually pour in olive oil and continue whisking until blended. Add parsley and season with pepper to... - 47.7304
1. Place each seafood in a separate bowl
2. Add dressing to each bowl and mix well.
3. Cover the bowls with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Line a large salad platter with lettuce leaves.
5. Spoon each type of... - 47.6301
Mussel Saffron Soup With Caramelized Onions And Garlic Croutons
1) Caramelized onions: Slice 2 large onions crosswise into thin rings.
2) In a heavy skillet, saute the onions in 4 tablespoons butter over a medium-low heat until the soft and lightly browned.
3) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4) Garlic... - 47.5779
Green Beans Mimosa
1) Cut the green beans in half along the seam, in French-style.
2) In a vegetable steamer, steam the beans until almost tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
3) Rinse the beans under cold running water and drain. Set aside.
4) Cut the eggs in half along the... - 47.5279
1) In a saucepan, heat the tomato soup and stir in the cheese until melted.
2) In a cup, soak the gelatine in water.
3) Stir the soup mixture into the soaked gelatine.
4) Allow the gelatine mixture to cool down.
5) Add in lemon juice, green onions,... - 47.5029
Green Beans Salad Nicoise
1. To prepare the green beans wash them and if desired, remove ends and strings.
2. In a large covered saucepan or Dutch oven cook the green beans and potatoes in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes until just tender.
3. Then drain and... - 47.1337
Pear Brie Soup
1. In medium saucepan, add in pears, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and 1 cup of the chicken broth, stir.
2. Bring the contents to boil.
3. Decrease heat, cook under cover for 15 to 20 minutes until pears are tender.
4. Puree mixture in a food processor bowl... - 47.0611
1. Prepare the asparagus by washing it, snapping off and discarding tough woody ends.
2. Remove stalks 1-1/2 inches below tips and reserve the stalks.
3. In a medium saucepan boil asparagus tips 1-1/2 cups water and cook for 6 to 8 minutes such that... - 46.9898
Mushrooms A La Provencale
1. Using a sieve, strain tomatoes and discard seeds.
2. Chop onions.
3. Crush garlic.
4. In a saucepan, mix together tomato puree, onion, crushed garlic and oregano; bring to a boil.
5. Boil over high heat and add wine and mushrooms,... - 46.7571
Ox Tail Soup
1.Clean the oxtail thoroughly.
2.Cut the tail into joints and wipe them well with a cloth.
3.Tie the peppercorns in a muslin cloth.
4.In a pan, heat half of butter and brown the joints by sying.
5.Stir in shin of beeg, water and cut up... - 46.703
Potage Pays Anne
1) Rinse the carrots, turnips and parsnips and peel them. Finely dice all the vegetables.
2) From the leeks, remove the roots as well as the outer coarse leaves. Rinse properly under cold running water and coarsely chop/
3) Rinse the celery well... - 46.5483
Lobster Cognac Bisque
1.Take the meat out from the lobster and keep the claws aside.
2.Heat butter in a pan and stir in carrot, celery stalk, onion, green onion, and mushroom stems.
3.Put the meat and shells in the pan.
4.Let the mixture cook on high heat for... - 46.5398
Fricassee Of Veal
1) Slice the veal into neat little pieces.
2) Into a saucepan, add in the veal pieces along with the whole onion, lemon slices, bay leaf, salt, pepper and a bunch of mixed herbs.
3) Pour in water. Cover and let cook over a low flame for about 1 1/4... - 46.4675
Bread And Cheese Salad
1. In a large bowl, place croutons.
2. In a small bowl, combine dressing and thyme and pour over bread.
3. Toss such that the croutons are coated with dressing.
4. Add celery and tomatoes and toss lightly.
5. Make small cubes or strips out of the... - 46.0295
Cornbread Quiche Squares
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Spread the pastry dough in a 13 by 9 inch pan
3) Force down the pastry on the bottom and 1 inch up sides to form crust.
4) Bake in the for 5 minutes.
5) Remove the pan from oven.
6) In a bowl mix together... - 45.9954
Leek Hors D'oeuvre
Trim the leeks and remove all but 2 inches of the green tops.
Cut into 4-inch pieces.
Wash in several changes of water to remove all sand.
Heat half of the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan.
Add the leeks and cook, stirring with a fork, for 3... - 45.9463
1.In a pan, cook the lobsters in water so that they are boiled.
2.Reserve the tails, claws and a pint of water.
3.Chop the lobsters and cook with salt, pepper,paprika, garlic and onions.
4.Once the volume diminishes to 1/3rd drain the... - 45.9299
Tomato And Cheese Souffle
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
2. Grease a 6 inch soufflé dish or casserole with oil or butter.
3. Slice the tomatoes into medium thick slices.
4. Arrange the slices in the greased dish to cover the bottom of the dish.
5. Sprinkle salt... - 45.8001
Jellied Tomato Juice Consomme
1. In a saucepan, combine the tomato juice, consomme, celery, bay leaf, onion and cloves.
2. Place on a medium flame and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the flame and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Strain the liquid.
5. Add hot water if required to equal 8 cups... - 45.7849
Cheese And Potato Souffle
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Grease a large soufflé dish or casserole with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes with the egg yolks, margarine, cheese, onion, milk and seasonings. Stir until... - 45.747
Saucisson En Brioche
1) In a small bowl with warm milk, sprinkle over the yeast to soften.
2) In a bowl sift the flour, sugar and salt together; add 2 eggs and the softened yeast, knead all ingredients together into a smooth mixture.
3) Mix in the butter until the... - 45.691
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) On a greased rack of a steamer, place the fish fillet, pour boiling water, and steam the fish until done.
3) Remove skin and bones from fish if needed.
4) In a pan melt butter and stir in flour.
5) Beat... - 45.6761
Essential Crab Canapes
1) Take a bowl and flake the crab in it.
2) Add mustard, mayonnaise, celery, horseradish, fresh cream and Worcestershire sauce to it.
3) Mix well.
4) Cut the toast into four equal pieces.
5) Place a paper napkin on a plate and arrange two pieces of the... - 45.647
French Pea Soup
This delicious French Pea Soup should not be missed at any cost. The lovely flavors of this wonderful soup leaves a wonderful taste in your mouth that you just cant get enough of. Try this French Pea Soup! - 45.5846
1. Clean the duck cavity and wipe with paper toweling
2. Wash the duck liver and reserve.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C or Gas No. 6)
4. Place the duck in a roasting pan and smear the surface with butter.
5. Roast it in the... - 45.5585
Salmon Mousse With Bell Pepper And Spinach Sauces
1. Wash and dry the red bell peppers.
2. Brush them with 1 tablespoon oil and arrange them on a baking sheet
3. Place under a grill or broiler and roast, turning frequently until charred evenly on all sides.
4. Put them in a zip lock plastic... - 45.4991
Easy Avocado Mousse
1. Into a small saucepan, measure water and add the gelatine and keep aside for 5 minutes.
2. Over a low heat, heat the gelatin solution until the gelatine is dissolved and the mixture clear; do not boil.
3. Remove the pan from heat and stir in... - 45.4981
Clam Crepe Souffle
Heat the butter in a sauce pan.
Add the flour and cook 2 minutes over low heat.
Stir in the chicken broth and cream.
Reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
Stir in the cheese and simmer for 2 more minutes.
Dice the bacon and fry in a skillet, add the onions... - 45.297
Baked Salmon Mousse
1. Separate the eggs and in a medium-size bowl place the egg whites.
2. In a small bowl set aside the 4 egg yolks for poulette sauce.
3. Prepare the salmon by draining, flaking, removing any bones and skin.
4. In a large bowl combine... - 45.2914
Gourmet Petite Marmite
Brown onions in butter in large kettle.
Add beef, bones, chicken, water, 1 tablespoon salt, bay leaves, peppercorns, pars ley, thyme, and cloves.
Bring to boil, and simmer, covered, for 4 hours, or until meats are tender.
Remove meats, cool, and slice... - 45.2856
1. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, cream, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the prawns and stir well to coat.
2. Arrange the lettuce leaves on top... - 44.9697
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Thinly slice 2/3 pound of the pork fat and then grind 1/8 pound each of the pork shoulder, pork fat, veal, ham and tongue together thrice.
3) In two 1 1/2-quart molds or a 3-quart mold, lay rest of the... - 44.9374
1. Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
2. In a shallow baking dish place fish, add wine, 2/3 cup water, onion, lemon, bay leaf, parsley, salt and peppercorns and cover with a lid or foil.
3. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes such that fish tests... - 44.919
Crepes A La Reine
1) Take a bowl and a rotary beater. Add all the crepe ingredients and beat until smooth.
2) Take a lightly oiled skillet (6-inch diameter) and heat it. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter, gently tilting the pan to quickly spread the batter evenly and... - 44.916
Crabmeat Salad With Remoulade Sauce
Divide crabmeat into sizable flakes.
Cut celery in very thin slices.
Toss crabmeat and celery together.
Chill in refrigerator until sauce is made.
Crush garlic and mix with remaining ingredients.
Shortly before serving, mix crabmeat with about two thirds of... - 44.9084
Fine Liver Pate
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a 3-quart mold, apply the rendered chicken or pork fat.
3) In an electric blender, puree of the livers, eggs, cognac and cream. Gradually add a little diced fat, onion and flour while blending.
4) Mix... - 44.8446
Mock Foie Gras
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Brush the chicken livers in butter and place under a broiler, until desired doneness.
3) In a food processor with chopping blade or a grinder, process the livers until finely chopped.
4) In a bowl, combine the... - 44.8091
Chicken Verona Crepes
1. To make the batter, in a medium bowl, sift together flour and salt
2. Add the egg and butter to it and whisk with a wire whisk, adding milk, to make a smooth batter.
3. Let rest, covered, in the refrigerator until required.
4. Heat... - 44.7922
1) Use a coarse strainer or wire sieve to press the cheese by removing most of the rind.
2) In a bowl, combine cheese, sherry or wine and butter.
3) Prepare a stiff paste and season.
4) Use an oiled board to re-mould the mixture to its... - 44.7332
Sausage And Potato Salad
1) Slice the sausages into 3/4 -inch (2 cm) piecess, halve lengthwise and keep aside.
2) Rinse and peel the potatoes, then slice (optional) into 3/8 -inch (1 cm) pieces and place in a bowl of water.
3) In a 8-quart pressure cooker,... - 44.6824
Herbed Brie Croute
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly butter bottom of a baking tray.
3) In a bowl, place, all the ingredients from the flour mix packet and mix well.
4) Pour in hot water, margarine and 1 egg and fold until dough comes together.
5)... - 44.6811
Poached Eggs In Red Wine
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, tip in the wine and add the onion, carrot, seasonings and herbs.
2. Place the pan on a medium low flame and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the liquid, concentrating the flavors but simmering for 10 minutes.
4. Stain to... - 44.6408
1) In a bowl, soften the gelatin in water, then dissolve over a pan of hot water on a low heat.
2) Rub the hard-boiled eggs through a colander or a ricer and mix with rest of the ingredients.
3) In the blender, blend the chow chow for 1 minute, until... - 44.5295
1. Take a large pan and add the tripes into it. Add lots of water to cover the tripes and add the bouquet garni too.
2. Cover the pan with a lid and boil the tripe slowly.
3. Remove the skin of the onions and carrots and peel them thinly. Wash the... - 44.5203
Eggplant Stuffed Mussels
1. With tip of a knife, loosen mussels on half shells
2. Arrange them on a cookie sheet.
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
4. In a large pan, heat oil.
5. Add and onion and chili until onion is limp
6. Add eggplant and garlic and sauté... - 44.4555
Ham Apricot Crepes
1) Beat the egg just enough to blend it.
2) Add the milk, 1 tablespoon of melted butter and flour. Beat till the mixture is smooth.
3) Grease a 6-inch skillet lightly and heat it.
4) Take the pan off the heat and pour 2 tablespoons of the batter into... - 44.3675
Shellfish En Coquilles
1. Defrost scallops; pick over crab meat and lobster, removing bits of shell; devein shrimp.
2. Combine wine and next 5 ingredients in saucepan; bring to boil.
3. Add scallops; simmer 10 minutes.
4. Simmer mushrooms with 2 tablespoons butter, water and lemon... - 44.3397
Pate De Campagne With Walnuts
Combine the ground veal, ground pork, pork fat, coarse salt, pepper, thyme, allspice, tarragon, oregano, garlic, crushed juniper berries, cognac, Madeira, eggs and onions.
Blend thoroughly without overworking the mixture.
To test for seasoning, saute, cool,... - 44.3371
Veal And Pork Pate
The day before, mix the veal or hamburger with the pork.
Add the eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil.
Add the rosemary and nutmeg.
Line a pate mold or bread pan with bacon slices.
Mix 1/2 cup of brandy or dry sherry with the meat mixture, and place it in... - 44.2842
Provencal Vegetable Tart With Seared Tuna
1. Assemble the mise en place.
2. To make the tart pastry, cut the butter and shortening into tablespoon-sized pieces. Wrap the butter and shortening separately in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
3. Combine the flour and salt in the bowl of a food... - 44.2492
Put shortening in large kettle and stir in onions for about 3 to 4 min.
Add pinch of caraway seeds.
Now add fish and cover with water to 2 inches above fish.
Cook slowly for about 10 min then add peppers, tomatoes and tomato juice.
Salt and pepper to... - 44.1438
French Onion Soup Gratin
1.Cut the onions.
2.Heat butter in a pan and stir in onions and cook until brown.
3.Season the onions with salt and pepper.
4.Put beef stock and cook the ingredients until a boil comes.
5.Once done, lower the flame and put wine and... - 44.0849
Supremes With Cream Sauce
Wrap each slice ham round a breast of chicken and place in a heatproof serving dish.
Melt butter, stir in flour.
Stir in milk; bring to the boil and simmer for 3 min, stirring all the time.
Add salt and pepper, stir in wine and cream.
Coat ham and chicken... - 43.9853
Salad Nicoise With Wine Vinegar
1.Cut lettuce in small pieces.
2.Take a bowl and arrange lettuce in it on the sides and the base.
3.Put onions, cucumber, green pepper, anchovies and tuna in the bowl.
4.Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, garlic and pepper and pour the mixture over... - 43.8607
Jellied Consomme Madrilene
1) In a soup kettle, add all the ingredients.
2) Place the soup kettle on heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3) Cover with a lid and simmer for 3 hours.
4) Use a damp cloth to strain the stock.
5) Use a bowl to pour the stock, cover and place inside... - 43.8333
Brie En Croute
Grease a baking sheet; set aside.
Unfold pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll pastry into a 16x10-inch rectangle.
Using an 8-inch round cake pan as a pattern, cut pastry into two 8-inch circles; reserve pastry trimmings.
Spread jelly over top of cheese... - 43.7947
Garlic Croutons And Rouille
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Rouille: Roast the bell peppers over an open flame or in a broiler until the skin is charred and blistered.
3) Transfer the peppers in a large plastic bag and keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
4) Peel the... - 43.7784
Savory Croquettes With Mushroom Sauce
1) Pre-soak dried mushrooms in 1/2 cup boiling water.
2) Alternately pare and quarter the potato.
3) Put the potato quarters in a small saucepan with water to cover.
4) Reduce to a simmer and cook until tender enough for about 20 minutes.
5)... - 43.7373
1 In a large saucepan,put butter or margerine and saute onion lightly.
2 Add water and heat to boiling; remove from the heat.
3 Beat in the instant mashed potato, salt, pepper and mace until creamy-thick, then beat in evaporated milk and pumpkin. (If... - 43.6989
1) In a pan, fry the bacon over low heat.
2) Transfer the fried bacon in a separate plate by keeping the fat in the pan.
3) Add butter to melt.
4) Add onion and sauté to brown.
5) Add curry and combine all together.
6) Add the flour, mix well and... - 43.5997
Chicken Livers With Bacon And Onions
In a rimmed plate, stir together flour, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
Dredge chicken livers in flour mixture and set aside.
Place bacon, in a single layer, on a microwave-proof rack over a microwave-proof dish.
Cover with a paper towel and microwave on HIGH... - 43.2194
1. Properly wash and chop the tomatoes.
2. Wash, peel and coarsely chop the onions.
3. Take a large size saucepan and add the chopped tomatoes, onions and marjoram.
4. Cover the pan with a tight lid and let it boil on low flame for about... - 43.1976
1. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1/4 cup butter until tender.
2. Add butter, chicken livers, salt, pepper and thyme; cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring often. Cool a bit.
3. Throw away bay leaf.
4. Put the liver mixture,... - 43.1732
Torte Du Fromage Avec Saumon
1) In a bowl, mix together capers with 8 ounces of NeufchStel cheese.
2) Stir in caper liquid as required to the cheese mixture to make it spreadable, set aside.
3) In other bowl, mix together onion with remaining Neufchatel cheese, and add... - 43.1218
1) Take a large kettle and combine all ingredients in it.
2) Cover with water and simmer for about 6-8 hours.
3) Strain the broth and allow it to cool.
4) Skim off fat and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5) Serve Beef Consommé cold. - 42.8715
Chardenoux's Salad Of Blue Cheese Nuts And Belgian Endive
1) In a small bowl, add lemon juice and salt. Stir well to dissolve the salt.
2) Gradually pour in oil in a thin stream and continue whisking until the dressing is well blended.
3) Thoroughly rinse the endives in cold running water, pat dry with... - 42.7687
Eggs A La King With Ham
1. Preheat oven to 37 5F. Heat ham in oven
5 minutes to dissolve gelatine. Score ham.
2. Combine preserves with lemon juice, mixing well. Brush ham with apricot mixture. Bake 20 minutes, or until ham is heated through and glazed.
3. Meanwhile, make Eggs a la... - 42.6005
1. Slice the crust from cheeses using a cheese knife.
2. Quarter the cubes and place in a glass or ceramic bowl.
3. Cover with white wine and let soak overnight.
4. Line the inside of a 5-inch plain round flan ring or baking pan with foil.... - 42.4267
Creamy Mushroom Soup
In a wide frying pan, melt butter over medium heat.
Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring, until onion is limp and juices evaporate.
Stir in flour and cook until bubbly; remove from heat.
Gradually stir in milk.
Add bouillon cube (breaking up with spoon)... - 42.4146
Peel, seed and cut the tomatoes very small.
Heat oil, add tomatoes; let them reduce until the water evaporates.
Mix to a paste.
Peel and slice the onions.
Saute them in butter until soft and slightly colored.
Sprinkle the shell with grated parmesan... - 42.0917
Heat oil in a heavy pot.
Add scallions and saute over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until wilted.
Add saffron and cook for 2 minutes longer.
Add the rice and stir, coating grains well with oil.
Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, pour in chicken... - 41.9218
French Onion Soup With Parmesan Cheese
This French Onion Soup is simply irresistible and mouth-watering recipe. Try this easy to prepare soup; I am sure you will love to share it with your loved ones. - 41.5664
1) Peel and cut avocados in halves and discard the seeds.
2) Roughly chop the flesh.
3) In a bowl, place avocados and mix 1 tablespoon of lime... - 41.4971
French Lamb Salad
1. Prepare the lamb by cutting into 3/4-inch cubes.
2. To make dressing, into a bowl large with oil enough to hold lamb and vegetables whisk in vinegar, mint, salt and pepper.
3. Stir in lamb cubes and green onions to coat with dressing and gently stir... - 41.3849
Tomato Clam Bisque
1) Take a 1-quart saucepan and heat margarine in it until bubbly.
2) Stir in onion and sautÃ© it until softened.
3) Mix in flour and cook it over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Take if off from heat and slowly mix in clam... - 41.3802
Red Pepper Soup
1. Slice thinly 6 of the peppers, the carrots, shallots, garlic, and pear.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet and saute the sliced vegetables and pear over medium-low heat until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add the stock, dried red pepper, cayenne... - 41.1448
Baked French Onion Soup
Cut onions rather small.
Fry very slowly in oil and butter until soft and translucent.
Add sugar, salt and cayenne pepper.
Put all in casserole and add stock.
After toasting bread, float it on top of soup.
Sprinkle cheese over all.
Bake in oven 20... - 41.058
French Onion Soup Les Halles
1.Heat butter in a pan and stir in onions.
2.Put wine, paprika, salt, pepper and stock in the pan and cook .
3.Put salt and pepper as per the taste.
4.Take oven proof cups or stone wares and with the spoon, put soup into the cups and add French... - 40.8849
Pannequet De Saumon Fume
1. In a bowl combine the flour, salt, and 1/2 cup milk. Add the 2 tablespoons oil while beating. Continue to beat while adding the eggs and egg yolks. Beat the batter until it is smooth and thoroughly blended. Let it rest for 2 hours or more. Then stir in... - 40.7765
Avocado Grapefruit Souffle
1) Stir the gelatin in hot water to dissolve.
2) Then stir in the lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt and cold water.
3) In a freezing tray, pour the mixture and freeze for about 15-20 minutes, or until set towards the edges but soft in the center.
4) In a... - 40.4024
Crab Meat Au Gratin
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© celery and onions until lightly browned.
2) Stir in the crabmeat, eggs, milk and simmer for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
3) Cook until well blended and heated through.
4) Place equally in 4 soup bowls and... - 40.2824
Lobster Tails De Luxe
1. In large saucepan, bring 1 1/2 quarts water to boiling. Add lobster tails, vinegar, bay leaf, and salt; boil gently, covered, 7 minutes. Drain; rinse in cold running water.
2. With scissors, cut undershells from lobster tails. Remove lobster meat in one... - 40.2565
Pate Au Cognac
Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat.
Add the shallots, bay leaf and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are soft but not colored.
Add the chicken livers and cook them until they are tender.
Mash them with a fork and... - 40.2493
1) Peel the potatoes, thoroughly clean in water and pat dry with paper towel.
2) Cut out potato balls, by pressing a 1-inch Parisienne cutter bowl within the potato and then by twisting to scoop out a neat potato ball. Use the leftover potatoes... - 39.6789
Oyster Mushroom Omelette
1. Use a non-stick skillet.
2. Heat the skillet over medium heat.
3. Melt butter in heated skillet.
4. Add oysters to butter and sauté till the edges curl.
5. Transfer to a bowl. Trim the beards of the oysters. Set aside.
6. To the same skillet,... - 39.4912
Sauteed Frogs Legs
1) In a bowl, cover the frogs legs with milk and soak for 1 hour.
2) Remove from milk and sprinkle with Season-All or Bon Appetit, onion powder and pepper.
3) Dredge the frogs legs lightly but thoroughly with flour.
4) In a skillet, melt the butter... - 39.364