- » Gourmet Chutney
Gourmet Chutney Recipes
Enjoy our collection of gourmet chutney recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for gourmet chutney recipes.
Seared Pork With Apple Cranberry Chutney In A Fine Herbs Sauce
If you’re not a traditionalist and are looking for a non-turkey dinner to serve for Thanksgiving, here is one that will make you look like a professional chef! Chef Lee Ewing joins Kat and shows how to make a fantastic Seared Pork Medallion dish with a Fine... - 114.108
The Hippy Gourmet Makes Spinach Chutney
Chef Gourmet is showing us a spinach chutney recipe, which is in Indian style or with a touch of Indian Spices. So those out there who like to get started with Indian cuisine, it’s a great break through. It definitely looks gourmet with all the toasted... - 91.8825
Chutney is a wonderful way to use and preserve fruit when it’s in season. This recipe shows you how easy to make and how truly delicious homemade chutney can be. You’ll love the mouth watering kitchen aroma and the special compliment this is to just about... - 90.1975
Warm Brie Cheese With Blueberry Chutney
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In saucepan, place blueberries, onions, ginger, sugar , vinegar, cronstarch, salt and cinnamon, mix well.
3) Heat the blueberries mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
4) Let the blueberry mixture to boil... - 47.1303
Chile Rubbed Tuna With Tomatillo Chutney
1. Start by preparing a charcoal, wood, or gas grill or preheat the broiler
2. In a large nonreactive skillet, pour the olive oil and heat it over medium heat, add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, also add the tomatillos, ginger, and... - 46.2333
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
When oil is hot, add shallots, garlic, and cumin seed; saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Keep stirring so shallots don't brown.
Add grapes, bell pepper, raisins, vinegar, jalapeno, and gingerroot.
Reduce... - 45.868
1) Take a large saucepan and combine cloves, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, sugar and vinegar in it. Mix the ingredients nicely together.
2) Add garlic, peppers, onion and ginger-root. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Continue boiling for about 10... - 44.0846
Tomato Apple Chutney
1. In a 12 quart kettle, put together all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Over low heat, cook with frequent stirring for about 2 hours until mixture thickens and round up on a spoon.
3. Into 8 hot pint jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8... - 43.7426
1) Take a bowl and combine walnuts, peaches and pecans in it. Set aside.
2) Take large kettle and combine raisins, onion, currants, peppers, garlic, lemons, vinegar, spices and sugar in it. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce heat and simmer for... - 43.2739
Cranberry Chutney With Cider Vinegar
1) Take a large saucepan and combine together water, sugar, brown sugar and grated orange rind in it.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
3) Add vinegar, apples, salt, ground ginger, mace, curry powder and... - 43.1542
Soak peppers in cold water for 30 minutes, drain, remove seeds, and chop.
Drain syrup from pineapple into kettle.
Add peppers and remaining ingredients except nuts.
Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add pineapple and simmer for 45 minutes... - 42.9084
Date Tamarind Chutney
Date Tamarind Chutney or Sweet Chutney is an extremely popular condiment for most North Indian 'Chaat' dishes. Its tangy taste and smooth texture are perfect to tickle your taste buds and add the extra zing to snacks/appetizers like Sev Puri, Dahi Batata... - 42.7078
Crab Cakes With Tomato Chutney
Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a wide nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
Add yellow onion and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned and very soft (about 20 minutes).
Scrape cooked onion into a bowl and add crab, crumbs, green onions, egg, and... - 42.6984
1) Take a large saucepan and combine onions and tomatoes in it.
2) Add salt, vinegar, marmalade and sugar. Mix the ingredients nicely together.
3) Add the pickling spice by placing in a cheesecloth bag.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Reduce heat... - 42.5443
1) Take a 2 quart saucepan and combine all ingredients in it.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
4) Remove cover and simmer for another 15 minutes.
5) Place in sterilized jars and store. - 42.1585
Chutney Glazed Cheese Pie
Mix the two cheeses thoroughly.
Add sherry, curry powder, and salt; mix.
Spread mixture 1/2 inch thick on serving platter; chill until firm.
At serving time spread top with chutney and sprinkle with scallions.
Serve with sesame rounds.
Looks pretty with green... - 42.1039
Groundnut chutney is a wonderful condiment/dip/side dish when served with Pongal, Idlis (Steamed Pancakes) or even Dosas (Indian Crepes). It is easy to make and can be stored in an air-tight container and refrigerated up to 1 week. Though Groundnut chutney... - 41.3836
1) Take a large saucepan and combine all ingredients in it except pimiento. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring constantly.
3) Break the pears into pieces.
4) Add pimiento and simmer for another 3... - 41.2006
Sweet Peach Chutney
1) In a large saucepan of water ,heat water to boil and take away from heat.
2) Add in 8-12 peaches, allow to remain for a minute, then take out 1 peach and pare off the skin and keep it aside.
3) Continue the same process with the other peaches in the... - 40.766
Slice kumquats, removing seeds.
Add honey and simmer gently 30 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer 1 hour, or until thick.
Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.
Makes about 4 pints. - 40.169
1) Take a saucepan and combine pears, dates, onion, cantaloupe, ginger, vinegar, brown sugar, lemon rind, hot sauce and salt in it. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Reduce heat and simmer for about 40 minutes or until chutney becomes thick, stirring... - 40.1083
Pudine Ki Chutney
Prepare the mint.
Break off the leaves from the tough stems.
Wash them well in a number of changes of water.
Cut off the roots from the coriander.
Spread it out on the chopping board or a plate and pick out any mushy, black leaves.
Wash the rest well.
Chop... - 39.9611
Duck And Pear Salad With Mango Chutney Dressing
We prefer medium rare duck, roasted at 450Â°F.for 15 minutes and at 375Â°F.for another 20 to 30 minutes.
If you prefer duck well done, cook longer, until tender, to your taste.
Skin the ducks, remove all flesh from bones, and cut meat into 1-inch... - 39.8999
Curried Chicken With Chutney
1) Under cold running water, rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry.
2) In a roasting pan, arrange the chicken bone side up.
3) Dredge each chicken breast lightly with garlic powder and heavily with onion powder.
4) Massage 1/2 teaspoon of curry... - 39.6912
Asian Slaw Salad With Smoked Duck Breast And Ginger Plum Chutney
For the chutney, toss ingredients together and let stand for at least an hour before serving, but preferably overnight.
If you prefer, in a saucepan, briefly saute onion and ginger in peanut oil.
Add remaining ingredients and stir.
When plums are just heated... - 39.4681
Lamb Cutlets With Honey Chutney Baste
Season lamb cutlets with pepper.
In a heavy saucepan over moderate heat, fry onions and garlic in oil until golden.
Add remaining baste ingredients.
Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for about 3 minutes.
Grill cutlets over medium-hot coals for 3 to 4... - 38.9502
Banana And Mango Chutney
1) Pare the mangoes.
2) Remove the flesh all around the pit and then cut into pieces.
3) Into a large saucepan, put the mangoes and then add the onion, garlic, raisins, bananas and ginger.
4) Mix the sugar and the salt into the vinegar... - 38.324
Carrie Nash's Chutney
1. In a pan bring sugar, vinegar and wine to a boil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Serve the chutney alongside dishes or snacks as desired. - 37.2677
Pork Chops With Onion Raisin Chutney
1. Place the pork chops in a bag set in a bowl; add marinade. Seal bag and chill 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain chops, discarding marinade.
2. Grill pork chops on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals 8 to 11 minutes or till... - 36.9163
Peppered Chutney Roast
1. For marinade, in a medium bowl mix pineapple juice, steak sauce, port wine, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, seasoned salt, lemon-pepper, dry mustard, and 1 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
2. Score meat by making shallow cuts at 1-inch intervals diagonally... - 34.5281
Mangalorean Red Chili And Coconut Chutney
1. Grind together grated coconut, red chillies, garlic, tamarind pulp and salt to a paste.
2. Heat ghee, fry red chillies, urad dal and mustard seeds for 1-2 minutes and pour over the chutney. Chill and serve. - 34.1106
Mango Chutney Dressing
Combine whole egg, egg yolks, mustard, vinegar, chutney and soy sauce in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and process for 1 minute.
With the motor running, dribble in the oil in a slow steady... - 33.8706
Cheese And Chutney Toasties
1. Toast the bread slices lightly on each side.
2. Mix the cheese and thyme together and season to taste with pepper.
3. Spread the chutney or relish on the toast and divide the cheese evenly between the four slices.
4. Return the toast to the grill and cook... - 32.5735
1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Place ribs in a large pot. Add enough water to cover ribs. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 1 hour or till meat is tender. Drain ribs; sprinkle lightly with salt.
2. For sauce, in a medium saucepan... - 32.2258
Simple Tomato Chutney
Wash and peel tomatoes and cut into eighths.
Combine with sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt, and red pepper in saucepan; cook, uncovered, until syrup thickens and tomatoes are soft, about 45 minutes.
Add ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
Makes about 1 pint. - 32.2146
Quick Fruit Chutney
In 4-cup (1 L) measure, combine chopped dried fruits, vinegar, orange juice, raisins, sugar, gingerroot, coriander seeds, salt, cloves, cayenne and black pepper.
Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave at High for 7 to 10 minutes or until fruits are... - 30.4872
Merlot Plum Chutney
In a skillet, over medium heat, add peanut oil and saute onion and ginger for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add Merlot, plums, and orange zest.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until plums are quite mushy and sauce has thickened. - 27.5067