- » Gourmet Canadian Dessert
Gourmet Canadian Dessert Recipes
Enjoy our collection of gourmet canadian dessert recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for gourmet canadian dessert recipes.
French Canadian Poor Man's Pudding
Desserts on outdoor holidays may not be usual but can be real fun making and relishing them. Check out Chef Deen and Joanie showing how to make Pouding Chomeur - a French Canadian delicacy with IRG brand maple syrup as the key ingredient. Outdoor holiday a... - 123.496
Cranberry Nut Cakes
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans, lightly with butter and dust with flour.
3) In a large bowl, sift the whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
4) Stir in... - 53.2455
Winter Squash Pudding With Rose Water
Peel the squash.
Steam the squash until tender, about 20 minutes.
Drain well and mash, sieve or blend. (Should be 3 cups of squash puree.)
Simmer the apples, lemon juice and rind, and water in a covered saucepan for 20 minutes.
Uncover, simmer... - 50.2835
Upside Down Pear Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with the butter or margarine and dust the bottom of the pan with the brown sugar.
3) Dry the pears well and keep aside.
4) Gently press a walnut half in each pear cavity... - 49.227
Soak bread in a little water for a few minutes.
Squeeze out water and rub bread between hands.
Measure 3 cups without pressing down.
Combine bread, raisins, sugar, salt and spices, and mix with a fork.
Add melted butter, molasses and soda which has been... - 48.4416
Vanilla Poached Peaches
1. In a large saucepan, make the syrup by combining the water and honey and flavor with the vanilla bean.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame and bring the syrup to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Immerse the peach halves in the syrup and poach... - 48.1943
Luscious Lemon Cheese Cake
Butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
Mix the crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and lemon peel in a bowl.
Using a fork, mix in the butter.
Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture for topping.
Turn remainder into prepared pan; press crumbs firmly into an even... - 48.1066
Apple Dumplings Supreme
Combine the 3 cups sugar and cider in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Bring to the boil.
Add the apples.
Return to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until the apples are transparent but not broken up, about 25 minutes.
In the meantime, cream the butter till light... - 48.0689
Maple Syrup Backwoods Pie
Cream together the butter and sugar.
Add the egg yolks and beat well.
Stir in the milk, maple syrup, and nutmeg.
Beat the egg whites until they are stiff but not dry.
Fold the egg whites into the syrup mixture.
Pour into the pie shell.
Bake at 450 degrees for... - 46.4317
Chocolate Pie Elegante
Soften gelatin in cold water; set aside.
Combine chocolate and milk in the top of a double boiler over boiling water.
Heat until chocolate is melted; stir until well blended and smooth.
Add sugar and salt to egg yolks; stir in several tablespoons of the... - 45.4715
Schnitz Peach Pie
Arrange peach slices attractively in pie shell.
Pour cream over peaches.
Sprinkle on nutmeg.
Combine the brown and white sugar, flour, and salt.
Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the dry ingredients.
Sprinkle this mixture over the peaches.
Bake at... - 44.8734
Souffle Au Grand Marnier Et Fruits
Mix fruits and kirsch; set aside about 2 hours.
Scald milk with vanilla bean; cool and strain.
Blend sugar, flour, and salt; gradually mix in the scalded milk.
Bring to boiling, stirring constantly; cook 3 minutes.
Pour slowly into egg yolks, beating... - 44.271
Glamour Pudding 'nt Peaches
Fruit puddings used to be one of the greatest joys I used to look forward to during summers and this Glamour Pudding 'Nt Peaches is something exceptionally great that it has always been my favorite! Yes, richly flavored with mixed fruits and nuts this Glamour... - 44.2626
Vanilla Ice Cream
Scald the milk in the top of a double boiler over direct heat until little bubbles form around the edge of the pan.
Beat together the egg yolks, sugar, and salt.
Add 1 cup of the hot milk to the yolks.
Blend in well and return to the rest of the hot milk in... - 41.5963
1) In a casserole or a medium size bowl, put frozen raspberries and peaches.
2) Place over heat to cook for 30 seconds without putting any lid.
3) Remove from heat to rest for 30 seconds.
4) Place again on top of heat to cook for... - 41.3893
Ice Cream Pie Spectacular
Beat egg white with salt until frothy; add sugar gradually, beating constantly until stiff peaks form.
Fold in the chopped walnuts.
Turn into generously buttered 9-inch pie pan.
With spoon, spread evenly over bottom and sides of pan, building up sides.
Prick... - 41.2873
Maple And Star Anise Roasted Plums
1. Heat your oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4
2.In a one litre gratin dish, arrabge a single layer of the plums
3. Pour orange juice nad tuck a star anise among the plums; drizzle maple syrup and stir gently
4. Bake for half an hour or more... - 40.5634
Open Gooseberry Tart
Top and tail gooseberries.
Wash and dry.
Place in the lined pie plate.
Sprinkle on the sugar and mace.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Beat the egg yolk lightly with the cream and drizzle over the gooseberries.
Return to oven, bake 18 minutes more or... - 40.497
Iced Maple Syrup Mousse
Place the syrup and the egg yolks in the top of a double boiler over boiling water.
Beat well together and cook until the syrup thickens, or to 165 degrees on a candy thermometer.
Add the vanilla.
Whip the cream until stiff, and mix gently into the... - 40.1995
Golden Raisin Pecan Pie
Combine the sugar, flour, salt, and nutmeg; add to beaten egg yolks and blend thoroughly.
Beat in the butter, evaporated milk, vinegar, and extract.
Stir in the pecans and raisins.
Beat the egg whites until rounded peaks are formed, then fold into egg yolk... - 38.8777
Newfoundland Seven Cup Pudding
Put all 7 cups of ingredients into a mixing bowl and let stand overnight.
Then add baking soda and mix well together.
Pour into a well-greased pudding mold and steam for 3 hours.
Serve hot with lemon sauce or a thin custard sauce.
This mixture will appear... - 37.5673
Chocolate Fudge Sauce
1. Combine chocolate and butter in 4-cup glass measure.
2. Microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, on HIGH, or until chocolate is melted.
3. Stir in cream and powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Add marshmallows.
4. Microwave for 45 to 60 seconds, on HIGH, or until... - 32.8122
Diabetic Pumpkin Pie
Mix together and pour into a 9" unbaked pie shell.
Bake at 300Â°F for approximately 1 hour or iess if the pumpkin is cooked.
When cool top with Nutriwhip or a low-cal whip. - 32.7464
Regal Chocolate Sauce
Combine sugar, water, and corn syrup in a saucepan.
Set over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Increase heat and cook rapidly.
Set candy thermometer in place and continue cooking syrup until temperature reaches 236Â°F (or until a small amount of... - 32.2539
Fluffy 7 Minute Frosting
1. Combine sugar, water, egg whites, corn syrup and salt in top of double boiler; beat mixture until well blended.
2. Place over simmering water; cook, beating constantly, at high speed with an electric hand mixer or rotary beater, about 7 minutes, or until... - 28.471
Gourmet Canadian Dessert Recipes By Category
Gourmet Canadian Dessert Dish: