- » Gourmet Canadian
Gourmet Canadian Recipes
Enjoy our collection of gourmet canadian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for gourmet canadian recipes.
French Canadian Poor Man's Pudding
Desserts on outdoor holidays may not be usual but can be real fun making and relishing them. Check out Chef Deen and Joanie showing how to make Pouding Chomeur - a French Canadian delicacy with IRG brand maple syrup as the key ingredient. Outdoor holiday a... - 123.496
Being a very traditional dish, shepherd's pie is quite easy and simple to make. This pie contains less amount of fat as it is made with lean beef. If you are interested in knowing the recipe, check out the video. - 105.889
Did you know it is advised to dab scallops dry before and after cooking them? Get to know more such tips on how to sear scallops perfectly by watching this video where the chef beautifully shows you a complete dish using scallops. - 99.2401
Cranberry Nut Cakes
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans, lightly with butter and dust with flour.
3) In a large bowl, sift the whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
4) Stir in... - 53.2455
Winter Squash Pudding With Rose Water
Peel the squash.
Steam the squash until tender, about 20 minutes.
Drain well and mash, sieve or blend. (Should be 3 cups of squash puree.)
Simmer the apples, lemon juice and rind, and water in a covered saucepan for 20 minutes.
Uncover, simmer... - 50.2835
Caesar Salad With Parmesan Croutons
1) Rinse the romaine leaves, dry and refrigerate until needed.
2) Dressing: In a small bowl, mix the garlic, capers and anchovies into a paste with a fork.
3) Beat in the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
4) Gradually whisk in... - 49.5838
Cheddar Cheese Soup
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Add the onion and carrot.
Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
Stir in the flour.
Continue cooking 3-4 minutes, gradually adding the stock and stirring all the time.
Add the mustard and paprika.
Simmer 20-25 minutes or until... - 49.4324
Gourmet Hot Cross Buns
Dissolve the yeast and 1 tsp sugar in the water.
Let stand 10 minutes.
Combine the butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
Add the scalded milk.
Stir to dissolve the sugar and to melt the butter.
Cool to lukewarm.
Add the yeast mixture and the egg to the milk mixture.
Sift... - 49.3182
Upside Down Pear Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with the butter or margarine and dust the bottom of the pan with the brown sugar.
3) Dry the pears well and keep aside.
4) Gently press a walnut half in each pear cavity... - 49.227
Christmas Cornish With Walnut Apple Stuffing
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
2. Wash hens inside and out with cold water.
3. Pat dry with paper towels.
4. Rub oil lightly over hens.
5. Season inside, out with salt, pepper and paprika.
6. Make the stuffing by combining all the... - 48.9268
Canadian Bacon-pineapple Ruffles
Try out this fantastic Canadian Bacon-Pineapple Ruffles for a taste you've always wanted to savor. Whatever be your palate, this Canadian Bacon-Pineapple Ruffles recipe is sure to entice you with its exciting fresh flavors. - 48.703
Soak bread in a little water for a few minutes.
Squeeze out water and rub bread between hands.
Measure 3 cups without pressing down.
Combine bread, raisins, sugar, salt and spices, and mix with a fork.
Add melted butter, molasses and soda which has been... - 48.4416
Grilled Steaks With Oyster Stuffing
If using fresh oysters, drain and saute gently until tender in 2 tbsp butter (about 10 minutes).
Slit a 4" pocket in the side of each steak.
Using a sharp knife, extend the pocket far enough into the steak for stuffing.
Combine the oysters, crumbs, butter,... - 48.4205
Vanilla Poached Peaches
1. In a large saucepan, make the syrup by combining the water and honey and flavor with the vanilla bean.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame and bring the syrup to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Immerse the peach halves in the syrup and poach... - 48.1943
Mixed Green Salad With Ermite Blue Cheese Dressing
Break the lettuce into bite-size pieces.
Cut the green pepper into 1/4" strips and the celery into diagonal slices 1/4" thick.
Peel and slice the cucumber.
Combine all these vegetables and the onion slices in a large salad bowl, cover and chill.
Melt the... - 48.1927
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Sift the salt, flour and cayenne together and make a well in the center. Add 1 tablespoon of water and softened butter. Blend with fingers, adding more water if needed. Chill the mixture for at... - 48.1316
Luscious Lemon Cheese Cake
Butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
Mix the crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and lemon peel in a bowl.
Using a fork, mix in the butter.
Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture for topping.
Turn remainder into prepared pan; press crumbs firmly into an even... - 48.1066
Apple Dumplings Supreme
Combine the 3 cups sugar and cider in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Bring to the boil.
Add the apples.
Return to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until the apples are transparent but not broken up, about 25 minutes.
In the meantime, cream the butter till light... - 48.0689
Fish With Rarebit Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw frozen fish.
3. Cut the fillet into 6 equal steaks.
4. In an 8x12 inch, well-greased baking dish, arrange the fish in single layer.
5. Pour lemon juice over the fish and sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt.
6. In a... - 47.3004
Salmon Sole Rolls
Combine butter, onion and mushrooms in a 4-cup (1 -litre) glass measure.
Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until just tender, stirring once.
Combine salmon, mayonnaise and parsley.
Add drained mushrooms and onion, leaving their cooking liquid and... - 46.9602
Layered Mini Omelets With Tomato Sauce
Tomato Sauce and Garnish: In medium saucepan, melt butter; cook onions over medium heat until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes: Add tomatoes, sugar and pepper; bring to boil, uncovered.
Reduce heat; break up tomatoes with fork or potato masher.
Cook, uncovered,... - 46.949
Glazed Ham With Hot Cider Sauce
Put ham fat side up in a covered roasting pan.
Pare the zest but not the white pith off the lemon.
Chop zest into slivers.
Mix 1 cup brown sugar, lemon juice, zest, spices, and cider.
Pour over the ham.
Cover the ham.
Cook ham 18 minutes per... - 46.9424
Duck With Wild Rice And Mushrooms
Wipe ducks with a damp cloth, pat dry, prick the skin with a fork, and sprinkle the cavities with the 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.
Place ducks breast down on a rack in a shallow open roasting pan large enough to accommodate them comfortably.
Roast at 350 degrees... - 46.9036
Pumpkin Spiced Pie
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for crumb crust and press onto bottom of a greased baking pan.
2) In a bowl, add the pumpkin, cover with a plastic wrap and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is softened.
3) Then... - 46.5948
Southern Roast Wild Duck
1. Trim off the wing tips of the dressed duck and aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 475° F
3. In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
4. Add and sauté mushrooms until soft and golden brown.
5. Tip into a bowl and stir in rice, egg yolks,... - 46.4725
Maple Syrup Backwoods Pie
Cream together the butter and sugar.
Add the egg yolks and beat well.
Stir in the milk, maple syrup, and nutmeg.
Beat the egg whites until they are stiff but not dry.
Fold the egg whites into the syrup mixture.
Pour into the pie shell.
Bake at 450 degrees for... - 46.4317
Eggs In Cases With Mushrooms
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Cook mushrooms with 1 cup (1/4 liter) of milk on low flame for 15 minutes.
3.Once done, starin the mushrooms and keep the milk aside.
4.Cut the mushrooms in small pieces.
5.Put the yolks in the milk... - 46.3352
Glazed Capon With Kasha Stuffing And Orange Glaze
1) Preheat oven to 350° F before roasting.
2) Wash inside and outside of capon under cold running water and dry gently.
3) For the Orange Glaze, mix together all the glaze ingredients.
4) Take a mixing bowl and mix kasha with 2 lightly... - 46.3339
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) As per the instructions, prepare the pastry and refrigerate it for as long as possible.
3) Properly drain the clams and reserve about 2 tablespoons of the liquor.
4) Peel the onion and... - 46.2843
Jellied Tongue And Potato Salad
1. Take a bowl of cold water and soften the gelatin in it for 10 minutes.
2. Add some boiling stock to the gelatin and stir until it melts.
3. Divide it into two portions and keep aside until cool.
4. Take another bowl and combine Worcestershire sauce... - 46.2287
Fresh Garden Vegetable Platter With Russian Dressing
Choose a selection of vegetables, some to be cooked to crisp-tender, the majority to be raw and crisp.
You will need 2-3 pounds all together.
For the cooked vegetables, simmer green or yellow beans, snow peas, or broccoli spears in separate pans of unsalted... - 46.183
Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
1) Clean tomatoes and discard stems.
2) Cut the tops and set aside.
3) Scoop out the flesh, saving the Winch thick skin.
4) Discard seeds and cut the pulp.
5) Take the pulp in 2-cup glass measure.
6) Combine chicken broth to total 1 1/4 cups.
7) In... - 45.9325
Fillet Of Salmon With Anchovies And Tomatoes
1.Wipe the salmon with a paper towel.
2.Coat one side of each salmon with flour.
3.In a skillet, heat butter on medium heat and stir in the salmon with floured side facing down.
4.Cook the fish until golden for 11/2- 2 minutes.
5.Flip... - 45.8878
Deep Fried Chicken Wings With Ginger Lemon Sauce
Wings: Cut tips from wings and reserve for another use, such as chicken stock.
Cut wings in half.
Marinade: In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, ginger and garlic; add wings and turn to coat thoroughly.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours,... - 45.8583
Shrimp And Avocado Salad
Wash and dry lettuce leaves and set them on 4 individual plates.
Combine shrimp, celery, eggs, red pepper and shallots.
In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise and curry powder.
Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
Spoon mixture on lettuce leaves.
Peel... - 45.6025
Chocolate Pie Elegante
Soften gelatin in cold water; set aside.
Combine chocolate and milk in the top of a double boiler over boiling water.
Heat until chocolate is melted; stir until well blended and smooth.
Add sugar and salt to egg yolks; stir in several tablespoons of the... - 45.4715
Roast Partridge With Wild Rice
1. Place wild rice in a colander and wash in cold running water 3-4 times. Drain well.
2. Peel and chop the onions finely.
3. To make the wild rice, into a saucepan, measure and pour the stock, adding seasonings to taste.
4. Stir in the wild... - 45.4228
Sweet Corn And Cheese Pie
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 375°F.
2. Take a bowl and mix in the Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese and drained corn.
3. Season with paprika, salt and pepper before adding the peas and pimento.
4. Add some of the corn drained... - 45.3577
Roast Capon With Rice Stuffing And Peach Green Grape Garnish
1) Preheat oven to 325° F before roasting.
2) Wash capon under water and pat dry with paper towel after draining well.
3) Season body and neck cavities of capon with salt.
4) To prepare stuffing, take a large skillet and melt butter in... - 45.3558
Apricot Ladder Loaf
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl, soften the yeast from the hot roll mix in 3/4 cup warm water as per package directions.
3) Stir in half of the roll mix, then beat in egg and melted butter and stir in rest of the roll... - 45.3206
Duckling With Apple Pecan Stuffing
1) Preheat oven to 350° F before baking.
2) In a roasting pan, place duckling pieces and keep on rack.
3) Spoon over sherry and bake for 1 1/2 hours in preheated oven, basting frequently with pan drippings.
4) In the meantime, in a... - 45.2052
Legume Cheese Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 325Â° F.
2) In a small cup, mix both the cheeses together.
3) In a 1 quart bowl, place half of mixture and add the lentils, carrot, green beans, tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion flakes, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon... - 44.9297
Schnitz Peach Pie
Arrange peach slices attractively in pie shell.
Pour cream over peaches.
Sprinkle on nutmeg.
Combine the brown and white sugar, flour, and salt.
Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the dry ingredients.
Sprinkle this mixture over the peaches.
Bake at... - 44.8734
Pan Fried Minted Brook Trout
Wash and wipe the trout, making sure that the cavities are well cleaned.
Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a bag.
Gently shake each trout in the seasoned flour.
Lay on a piece of waxed paper.
To clarify butter, melt the 1/2 cup butter over low heat.
Skim... - 44.8028
Use either canned crabmeat or frozen crabmeat from Dungen-ess, King or Queen crabs.
If fresh crabs are available, cook as for lobster.
Melt the butter for the sauce.
Stir in the flour.
Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes.
Scald the milk and cream.
Stir rapidly... - 44.4925
Herb Baked Salmon
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Clean salmon thoroughly both inside and outside. Pat dry using paper towels. Season the cavity with pepper and salt. Fill the cavity with 1/2 the celery slices, lemon, onion and herbs.
3) Take a baking... - 44.3055
Roast Capon With Almond Stuffing
1) Preheat oven to 325°F before roasting.
2) Wash the inside and outside of capon under water and dry gently with paper towel after draining well.
3) Season the inside cavities of capon with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
4) To prepare stuffing,... - 44.2773
Souffle Au Grand Marnier Et Fruits
Mix fruits and kirsch; set aside about 2 hours.
Scald milk with vanilla bean; cool and strain.
Blend sugar, flour, and salt; gradually mix in the scalded milk.
Bring to boiling, stirring constantly; cook 3 minutes.
Pour slowly into egg yolks, beating... - 44.271
Glamour Pudding 'nt Peaches
Fruit puddings used to be one of the greatest joys I used to look forward to during summers and this Glamour Pudding 'Nt Peaches is something exceptionally great that it has always been my favorite! Yes, richly flavored with mixed fruits and nuts this Glamour... - 44.2626
Baked Canadian Back Bacon With Apricot Sauce
Glaze: In small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cloves.
Stir in maple syrup and mustard.
Spread half the glaze over top and sides of bacon.
Bake, uncovered, in 350 °F (180°C) oven for 1 hour, basting after 30 minutes with remaining glaze.
Transfer to platter... - 44.2585
Fish And Oyster Pie
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Clean the fish by removing any skin and bones and flake it.
3) Remove the oysters from their shells. Cook them in their own liquor and the wine till the edges start to curl. Drain the... - 44.1836
Mushroom Cheese Canapes
1. Take a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher and add butter along with pepper sauce. Melt the butter over microwave at high speed for about half a minute.
2. Add flour and mushroom liquid.
3. Add cheese to the sauce and stir well.
4. Cook the mixture... - 44.0984
Capon With Sesame Barley Stuffing
1) Preheat oven to 350° F before toasting.
2) Follow directions on wrapper to de-froze capon.
3) In a shallow skillet, place sesame seeds and toast for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven, stirring occasionally for even toasting.
4) In a... - 43.9486
Nutmeg Pumpkin Pie
To make the pastry, place the flours in a bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips.
Mix the egg yolk with the lemon juice, add to the flour mixture with enough iced water to make a smooth dough.
Form into a ball, wrap in plastic and chill for 20... - 43.8919
Roast Capon With Mushroom Almond Stuffing
1) Preheat oven to 325° F before roasting.
2) Wash capon in cold water and dry gently after draining well.
3) Add salt and pepper to capon to taste.
4) Mix together bread cubes, almonds, parsley, tarragon, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2,... - 43.8759
1. Cut out the crusts from the bread and throw them out.
2. Take some milk in a bowl and soak the bread in it.
3. Remove the bread and squeeze out the milk from it.
4. Take another bowl and add the egg yolks, garlic and salt.
5. Beat it well to blend... - 43.8384
Salmon With Persimmon Salsa
1. Prepare a griddle pan for the asparagus by heating it gently
2. Rub the asparagus with oil
3. Gently grill the asparagus on the hot griddle for 3-4 minutes or till tender.
4. Prepare the salmon by rubbing the fish with salt, oil and lemon juice.... - 43.769
Maple Almond Beef
1) In large skillet or wok, saute the garlic in the heated oil for 1 minute.
2) Stir in the beef and cook until browned.
3) Stir in the onion and red pepper, then cover and steam for about 7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
4) In a bowl, mix... - 43.721
Grilled Herb Trout
Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Place 1 slice of bacon and 1 herb sprig in the cavity of each trout; close fish. (There's no need to tie the fish; it will remain closed during cooking.)
Place fish in a fish basket,... - 43.5587
Combine salmon with rice and put in a well-greased 2 or 2 1/2-quart casserole.
Cook onion in the 2 tablespoons butter until wilted.
Beat eggs with the salt, pepper, thyme, and milk.
Add onion, and pour over the mixture in the casserole.
Bake in a moderate... - 43.2622
Indian Style Cucumber Raita
1. Take a non-stick frying pan and place it on low heat.
2. Pour cumin in the pan, allow it to be hot; meanwhile stir constantly so that it should not be burned.
3. Take a large bowl and mix in it cucumbers, yogurt, coriander, scallions and... - 43.1005
1. Take three apples and peel them before taking out the core and dicing them.
2. Take a bowl and add nuts, carrots and raisins to the apples along with a pinch of salt.
3. Take another bowl and blend together the lemon juice and honey.
4. Lightly toss... - 43.085
1) Drain the salmon, then bone, skin and flake with a fork.
2) In a bowl, mix the salmon with rest of the ingredients and blend well.
3) In a 1-quart glass casserole, spoon the mixture and sprinkle with the paprika to taste.
4) Cover and cook in a... - 42.9767
1) In a large mixing bowl,mix together cabbage, apple, green onions, chives, sour cream, blue cheese, mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice and dill.
2) Add required paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
3) Chill covered with lid for several hours... - 42.9185
1. Take a bowl and separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
2. Place the yolks, butter, sugar and 2/3rds of the milk along with the vinegar and the seasonings on top of double boiler.
3. Blend the ingredients over the boiling water by stirring... - 42.6768
Country Harvest Soup
Soak the wheat in boiling water for 1 hour.
Melt half the butter in a large saucepan and saute the onion until it is soft but not brown.
Grind the walnuts on a board with a rolling pin.
Drain the wheat and add it to the pan with the walnuts, stock and bouquet... - 42.6106
Chicken Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
Trim cabbage leaves, remove stems and blanch in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes; drain well and allow to cool.
Heat oil in a pan, add onion and garlic and saute until soft, add bell pepper and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
Spoon into a bowl and add... - 42.331
Salmon Cheese Casserole
Heat milk and butter together until butter is melted.
Stir bread crumbs into eggs; then stir in hot milk.
Add parsley, onion, cheese, pepper, and paprika, and mix until well blended.
Spread salmon in bottom of greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Pour custard... - 42.1553
Brandied Fruit Salad
1. Take a bowl and mix all the fruits together.
2. Sprinkle some sugar on the fruits.
3. Mix the wine and brandy together before adding it to the fruit mixture.
4. Mix thoroughly with a light hand.
5. Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours so that the... - 41.9772
Canadian Smoked Lima
Cook limas according to package directions; drain well, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
Stir together reserved liquid, sour cream, flour, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, gravy base, orange peel, and juice.
In skillet melt butter. (Electric skillet 350°.)
Add... - 41.951
Wild Rice And Rye Stuffing With Prunes
1 In a large heavy saucepan,heat butter and oil over medium heat.Add wild rice and rye ,cook stirring frequently,until slightly browned and fragrant. Stir in onions,prunes and garlic ,cook for another 3-4 minutes.
2 Add wine,stock,salt and thyme,and... - 41.8566
Scallops Gourmet In Patty Shells
Cut scallops in half, then cut into thin cross wise slices.
Combine with the boiling water, lemon juice, onion, parsley, bay leaf, and salt in a large saucepan; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid, and set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons... - 41.7221
Vanilla Ice Cream
Scald the milk in the top of a double boiler over direct heat until little bubbles form around the edge of the pan.
Beat together the egg yolks, sugar, and salt.
Add 1 cup of the hot milk to the yolks.
Blend in well and return to the rest of the hot milk in... - 41.5963
Nova Scotia Spicy Salmon
1.Take a large plastic or ceramic dish; put vinegar, water, coarse salt, honey, peppercorns, cinnamon sticks and dill.
2.Heat the ingredients to boiling for 10 minutes at HIGH.
3.Once done, cover and simmer for 10 minutes at MEDIUM.
4.Place the salmon... - 41.5346
1) In a casserole or a medium size bowl, put frozen raspberries and peaches.
2) Place over heat to cook for 30 seconds without putting any lid.
3) Remove from heat to rest for 30 seconds.
4) Place again on top of heat to cook for... - 41.3893
Seared Cod With Chowder Sauce
1) In a pan, saute the shallot and lardons or bacon in the melted butter for about 5 minutes until soft.
2) Stir in the wine, potato and 50ml water, then cook covered for 10 minutes, stir occasionally until soft.
3) Tip in the clams, cook covered for... - 41.354
Ice Cream Pie Spectacular
Beat egg white with salt until frothy; add sugar gradually, beating constantly until stiff peaks form.
Fold in the chopped walnuts.
Turn into generously buttered 9-inch pie pan.
With spoon, spread evenly over bottom and sides of pan, building up sides.
Prick... - 41.2873
Fresh Spinach Souffle
1) Blanch spinach and keep aside.
2) Beat egg whites still stiff.
3) In a pan melt butter.
4) Roast flour in it and add milk.
5) Cook till the sauce is thick and see that no lumps are formed.
6) Beat egg yolks in a bowl and pour the... - 41.1804
Maple Barbecue Broiler
1) On a rack, place the broiler halves with skin side up about 4 to 5 inches from the hot and glowing coals.
2) Combine together all the remaining ingredients and blend them well.
3) For 20 minutes, broil the chicken halves, turn them and brush with... - 40.8628
Ground Beef And Potatoes
1) In a skillet, cook the ground beef until brown, then drain off the fat.
2) In a bowl, combine the soup , salt, pepper and onion together.
3) In a slow cooker, place a layer of the potato slices, then a layer of ground beef, then another layer of... - 40.7629
Cajun Spiced Chicken
Cajun Chicken is a perfect for the weekend summer barbecue party. Easy to make and delicious to eat. This is one dish that you will always love to have on your party menu. - 40.664
Canadian Bacon Stack Ups
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Slice the bacon into 12 pieces.
3) In a bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and corn syrup together.
4) In another bowl, beat the potatoes, butter, brown sugar and ginger with an electric mixer until... - 40.569
Maple And Star Anise Roasted Plums
1. Heat your oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4
2.In a one litre gratin dish, arrabge a single layer of the plums
3. Pour orange juice nad tuck a star anise among the plums; drizzle maple syrup and stir gently
4. Bake for half an hour or more... - 40.5634
Wild Alaska Salmon Colcannon With Lemon And Chive Butter
1. For lemon and chive butter, in a bowl, mis butter with lemopn zest, chives and mustard; place in the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve
2. In a saucepan, add water and a bit of salt, add potatoes to it and allow to boil for... - 40.5453
Open Gooseberry Tart
Top and tail gooseberries.
Wash and dry.
Place in the lined pie plate.
Sprinkle on the sugar and mace.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Beat the egg yolk lightly with the cream and drizzle over the gooseberries.
Return to oven, bake 18 minutes more or... - 40.497
Steak And Kidney Pie
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 325° F
2. Take the steak and cut it into strips before pounding it lightly.
3. Place a kidney on each strip and roll it up.
4. Add salt & pepper to the flour and dredge the meat rolls in it.
5. Take... - 40.3701
Canadian Cheese Soup
Saute onions in butter until tender, but not brown.
In a large saucepan, mix flour with milk, stirring until smooth.
Add broth, vegetables, salt and paprika.
Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and bubbles.
Reduce heat; add cheese; stir... - 40.2859
Iced Maple Syrup Mousse
Place the syrup and the egg yolks in the top of a double boiler over boiling water.
Beat well together and cook until the syrup thickens, or to 165 degrees on a candy thermometer.
Add the vanilla.
Whip the cream until stiff, and mix gently into the... - 40.1995
1. Take a bowl and add sugar, vinegar and mustard to it. Mix well.
2. Add the hard boiled egg yolks and garlic and combine them with the mixture.
3. Add the chopped tarragon or chives together with the cream and stir them in.
4. Add a few drops of milk... - 40.0824
Roast Grouse With Bacon Rolls
1. Inside the cavity of each bird, place a nut of butter.
2. Truss the birds with kitchen sting and needle.
3. Lard the breast portion of the birds with streaky bacon rashers.
4. Preheat the oven to 400Â°F (200Â°C or Gas No. 6)
5.... - 39.8007
Fish Fillets In Sauce Mornay
1. Wash and dry fish fillets. Put them in a baking dish, cover with court bouillon, lemon juice and rind.
2. Cover and bake in a preheated moderate oven (180Â°C-350Â°F-gas mark-4) for 15 minutes. Drain well.
3. Heat butter and fry chillies for 1-2... - 39.7405
Pork Chops Gourmet
This Pork Chops Gourmet is from my Mom's cookbook; an easy to prepare treat for any occasion! An irresitible combination of pork chops and condimenti - this Pork Chops Gourmet is something you must not want to miss out on! - 39.7277
Frankfurters Stuffed With Mashed Potatoes
1) Cover the potatoes, without peeling, with a plastic wrap and cook for 3 minutes.
2) Cook for 2 to 3 more minutes after tossing the potatoes upside down.
3) Skin the potatoes when they are hot.
4) Mash the potatoes.
5) Take a pan containing melted... - 39.6627
Gourmet Baked Beans
Pour vinegar into a 1 cup measuring cup for liquids; add enough evaporated milk to measure 1 cup liquid; blend thoroughly.
Mix in a bowl the brown sugar, flour, dry mustard, and salt.
Add evaporated milk mixture gradually, blending thoroughly.
Stir in... - 39.2624
Broccoli And Cauliflower With Mustard Sauce
Combine broccoli and cauliflower in baking dish.
Microwave at High 8 to 11 minutes, or until tender, stirring once.
Drain; set aside.
In medium bowl blend remaining ingredients with wire whip.
Microwave at High 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened,... - 39.2493
Wash the fiddleheads thoroughly in several changes of cold water until there are no brown shreds of the papery covering left.
Place in the top of a steamer (or in a large sieve) over boiling water and steam until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with... - 39.1698
Asparagus With Mustard Sauce
1. Snap the tough ends of the asparagus off, remove the scales with a vegetable peeler too, if needed
2. Steam this asparagus for four minutes or so, covered, until crisp-tender
3. In a bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, mustard, hot sauce and lemon... - 39.0632
Honey Garlic Ribs
Cut through each rib.
Place ribs in a large, shallow roasting pan and bake in a 375Â°F oven for about 1 1/4 hours, turning once.
If the ribs are getting too dry and yet are not fork-tender, add a little water to the pan.
While they are baking make the... - 39.0451
Cream butter with extract; add sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy.
Add egg and beat thoroughly.
Add flour in fourths, mixing until blended after each addition.3.
Turn dough into a lightly greased 11x7x1 1/2-inch baking pan and spread evenly.
Spread the... - 38.925
Golden Raisin Pecan Pie
Combine the sugar, flour, salt, and nutmeg; add to beaten egg yolks and blend thoroughly.
Beat in the butter, evaporated milk, vinegar, and extract.
Stir in the pecans and raisins.
Beat the egg whites until rounded peaks are formed, then fold into egg yolk... - 38.8777