- » Gourmet Canadian
Gourmet Canadian Recipes
Enjoy our collection of gourmet canadian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for gourmet canadian recipes.
French Canadian Poor Man's Pudding
Desserts on outdoor holidays may not be usual but can be real fun making and relishing them. Check out Chef Deen and Joanie showing how to make Pouding Chomeur - a French Canadian delicacy with IRG brand maple syrup as the key ingredient. Outdoor holiday a... - 123.463
Being a very traditional dish, shepherd's pie is quite easy and simple to make. This pie contains less amount of fat as it is made with lean beef. If you are interested in knowing the recipe, check out the video. - 107.429
Did you know it is advised to dab scallops dry before and after cooking them? Get to know more such tips on how to sear scallops perfectly by watching this video where the chef beautifully shows you a complete dish using scallops. - 100.768
Cranberry Nut Cakes
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans, lightly with butter and dust with flour.
3) In a large bowl, sift the whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
4) Stir in... - 51.0278
Upside Down Pear Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with the butter or margarine and dust the bottom of the pan with the brown sugar.
3) Dry the pears well and keep aside.
4) Gently press a walnut half in each pear cavity... - 48.4913
Soak bread in a little water for a few minutes.
Squeeze out water and rub bread between hands.
Measure 3 cups without pressing down.
Combine bread, raisins, sugar, salt and spices, and mix with a fork.
Add melted butter, molasses and soda which has been... - 48.261
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Sift the salt, flour and cayenne together and make a well in the center. Add 1 tablespoon of water and softened butter. Blend with fingers, adding more water if needed. Chill the mixture for at... - 47.9418
Winter Squash Pudding With Rose Water
Peel the squash.
Steam the squash until tender, about 20 minutes.
Drain well and mash, sieve or blend. (Should be 3 cups of squash puree.)
Simmer the apples, lemon juice and rind, and water in a covered saucepan for 20 minutes.
Uncover, simmer... - 47.693
Christmas Cornish With Walnut Apple Stuffing
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
2. Wash hens inside and out with cold water.
3. Pat dry with paper towels.
4. Rub oil lightly over hens.
5. Season inside, out with salt, pepper and paprika.
6. Make the stuffing by combining all the... - 47.6068
Cheddar Cheese Soup
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Add the onion and carrot.
Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
Stir in the flour.
Continue cooking 3-4 minutes, gradually adding the stock and stirring all the time.
Add the mustard and paprika.
Simmer 20-25 minutes or until... - 47.5025
Gourmet Hot Cross Buns
Dissolve the yeast and 1 tsp sugar in the water.
Let stand 10 minutes.
Combine the butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
Add the scalded milk.
Stir to dissolve the sugar and to melt the butter.
Cool to lukewarm.
Add the yeast mixture and the egg to the milk mixture.
Sift... - 47.4637
Caesar Salad With Parmesan Croutons
1) Rinse the romaine leaves, dry and refrigerate until needed.
2) Dressing: In a small bowl, mix the garlic, capers and anchovies into a paste with a fork.
3) Beat in the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
4) Gradually whisk in... - 47.1826
Pumpkin Spiced Pie
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for crumb crust and press onto bottom of a greased baking pan.
2) In a bowl, add the pumpkin, cover with a plastic wrap and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is softened.
3) Then... - 47.1475
Salmon Sole Rolls
Combine butter, onion and mushrooms in a 4-cup (1 -litre) glass measure.
Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until just tender, stirring once.
Combine salmon, mayonnaise and parsley.
Add drained mushrooms and onion, leaving their cooking liquid and... - 47.0692
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) As per the instructions, prepare the pastry and refrigerate it for as long as possible.
3) Properly drain the clams and reserve about 2 tablespoons of the liquor.
4) Peel the onion and... - 46.8335
Mixed Green Salad With Ermite Blue Cheese Dressing
Break the lettuce into bite-size pieces.
Cut the green pepper into 1/4" strips and the celery into diagonal slices 1/4" thick.
Peel and slice the cucumber.
Combine all these vegetables and the onion slices in a large salad bowl, cover and chill.
Melt the... - 46.6021
Grilled Steaks With Oyster Stuffing
If using fresh oysters, drain and saute gently until tender in 2 tbsp butter (about 10 minutes).
Slit a 4" pocket in the side of each steak.
Using a sharp knife, extend the pocket far enough into the steak for stuffing.
Combine the oysters, crumbs, butter,... - 46.4902
Luscious Lemon Cheese Cake
Butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
Mix the crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and lemon peel in a bowl.
Using a fork, mix in the butter.
Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture for topping.
Turn remainder into prepared pan; press crumbs firmly into an even... - 46.3383
Canadian Bacon-pineapple Ruffles
Try out this fantastic Canadian Bacon-Pineapple Ruffles for a taste you've always wanted to savor. Whatever be your palate, this Canadian Bacon-Pineapple Ruffles recipe is sure to entice you with its exciting fresh flavors. - 46.3168
Apple Dumplings Supreme
Combine the 3 cups sugar and cider in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Bring to the boil.
Add the apples.
Return to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until the apples are transparent but not broken up, about 25 minutes.
In the meantime, cream the butter till light... - 46.2299
Eggs In Cases With Mushrooms
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Cook mushrooms with 1 cup (1/4 liter) of milk on low flame for 15 minutes.
3.Once done, starin the mushrooms and keep the milk aside.
4.Cut the mushrooms in small pieces.
5.Put the yolks in the milk... - 46.0399
Layered Mini Omelets With Tomato Sauce
Tomato Sauce and Garnish: In medium saucepan, melt butter; cook onions over medium heat until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes: Add tomatoes, sugar and pepper; bring to boil, uncovered.
Reduce heat; break up tomatoes with fork or potato masher.
Cook, uncovered,... - 45.784
Duck With Wild Rice And Mushrooms
Wipe ducks with a damp cloth, pat dry, prick the skin with a fork, and sprinkle the cavities with the 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.
Place ducks breast down on a rack in a shallow open roasting pan large enough to accommodate them comfortably.
Roast at 350 degrees... - 45.7233
Fillet Of Salmon With Anchovies And Tomatoes
1.Wipe the salmon with a paper towel.
2.Coat one side of each salmon with flour.
3.In a skillet, heat butter on medium heat and stir in the salmon with floured side facing down.
4.Cook the fish until golden for 11/2- 2 minutes.
5.Flip... - 45.7215
Jellied Tongue And Potato Salad
1. Take a bowl of cold water and soften the gelatin in it for 10 minutes.
2. Add some boiling stock to the gelatin and stir until it melts.
3. Divide it into two portions and keep aside until cool.
4. Take another bowl and combine Worcestershire sauce... - 45.7032
Deep Fried Chicken Wings With Ginger Lemon Sauce
Wings: Cut tips from wings and reserve for another use, such as chicken stock.
Cut wings in half.
Marinade: In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, ginger and garlic; add wings and turn to coat thoroughly.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours,... - 45.6757
Vanilla Poached Peaches
1. In a large saucepan, make the syrup by combining the water and honey and flavor with the vanilla bean.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame and bring the syrup to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Immerse the peach halves in the syrup and poach... - 45.6696
Glazed Capon With Kasha Stuffing And Orange Glaze
1) Preheat oven to 350° F before roasting.
2) Wash inside and outside of capon under cold running water and dry gently.
3) For the Orange Glaze, mix together all the glaze ingredients.
4) Take a mixing bowl and mix kasha with 2 lightly... - 45.6035
Legume Cheese Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 325Â° F.
2) In a small cup, mix both the cheeses together.
3) In a 1 quart bowl, place half of mixture and add the lentils, carrot, green beans, tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion flakes, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon... - 45.5424
Glazed Ham With Hot Cider Sauce
Put ham fat side up in a covered roasting pan.
Pare the zest but not the white pith off the lemon.
Chop zest into slivers.
Mix 1 cup brown sugar, lemon juice, zest, spices, and cider.
Pour over the ham.
Cover the ham.
Cook ham 18 minutes per... - 45.5196
Duckling With Apple Pecan Stuffing
1) Preheat oven to 350° F before baking.
2) In a roasting pan, place duckling pieces and keep on rack.
3) Spoon over sherry and bake for 1 1/2 hours in preheated oven, basting frequently with pan drippings.
4) In the meantime, in a... - 45.5115
Maple Syrup Backwoods Pie
Cream together the butter and sugar.
Add the egg yolks and beat well.
Stir in the milk, maple syrup, and nutmeg.
Beat the egg whites until they are stiff but not dry.
Fold the egg whites into the syrup mixture.
Pour into the pie shell.
Bake at 450 degrees for... - 45.2464
Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
1) Clean tomatoes and discard stems.
2) Cut the tops and set aside.
3) Scoop out the flesh, saving the Winch thick skin.
4) Discard seeds and cut the pulp.
5) Take the pulp in 2-cup glass measure.
6) Combine chicken broth to total 1 1/4 cups.
7) In... - 45.2443
Fish With Rarebit Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw frozen fish.
3. Cut the fillet into 6 equal steaks.
4. In an 8x12 inch, well-greased baking dish, arrange the fish in single layer.
5. Pour lemon juice over the fish and sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt.
6. In a... - 45.1624
Sweet Corn And Cheese Pie
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 375°F.
2. Take a bowl and mix in the Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese and drained corn.
3. Season with paprika, salt and pepper before adding the peas and pimento.
4. Add some of the corn drained... - 45.1479
Roast Capon With Rice Stuffing And Peach Green Grape Garnish
1) Preheat oven to 325° F before roasting.
2) Wash capon under water and pat dry with paper towel after draining well.
3) Season body and neck cavities of capon with salt.
4) To prepare stuffing, take a large skillet and melt butter in... - 45.0649
Roast Capon With Almond Stuffing
1) Preheat oven to 325°F before roasting.
2) Wash the inside and outside of capon under water and dry gently with paper towel after draining well.
3) Season the inside cavities of capon with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
4) To prepare stuffing,... - 44.9578
Mushroom Cheese Canapes
1. Take a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher and add butter along with pepper sauce. Melt the butter over microwave at high speed for about half a minute.
2. Add flour and mushroom liquid.
3. Add cheese to the sauce and stir well.
4. Cook the mixture... - 44.5591
Baked Canadian Back Bacon With Apricot Sauce
Glaze: In small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cloves.
Stir in maple syrup and mustard.
Spread half the glaze over top and sides of bacon.
Bake, uncovered, in 350 °F (180°C) oven for 1 hour, basting after 30 minutes with remaining glaze.
Transfer to platter... - 44.4321
Roast Capon With Mushroom Almond Stuffing
1) Preheat oven to 325° F before roasting.
2) Wash capon in cold water and dry gently after draining well.
3) Add salt and pepper to capon to taste.
4) Mix together bread cubes, almonds, parsley, tarragon, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2,... - 44.3293