- » Gourd
Gourd (plural gourds), also known as a cucurbit, is a generic term used to refer to fruits of the cucurbitaceae family. Though, it is generally used to refer to the edible fruits of the family, such as, cucumber, ... More »
Ridge Gourd Dry Curry
Ridge gourd is rich in fiber and very popular in Indian cuisine often with spices or seasonings. Here is a recipe by Madhura to make Ridge Gourd with Chana Dal, a classic Maharashtrian style dry curry. Great to enjoy it anyway! - 117.264
1)Peel the marrow and make several gashes on it with a kitchen knife.
2)In a pan, boil water and put marrow in it. Cover the pan and leave let it cook for 5 minutes.
3)Drain the marrow and place on a plate.
4)Make a paste of all the ingredients... - 51.4447
Lauki Ke Lachchhay
1)Peel the skin off the marrow, keeping it whole and dry.
2)Hold it upright and using a peeler take out long strips from top to bottom.
3)Soak them in water with alum for about 15 minutes.
4)Wash the strips and steam them for 5 minutes.... - 48.5516
Scrape the bitter gourds.
Slit from the side.
Boil them in salted boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes.
Press slightly to remove excess water.
Combine onion, garlic, ginger and powdered masalas.
Add one tablespoon oil.
Stuff the bitter gourds with this... - 43.4881
Stuffed Round Gourd
1. Wash the gourd and peel.
2. Cut a slice off at the stem end. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Rub inside with salt and set aside.
4. Mix together coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric, chopped coriander leaves, lime juice, grated coconut, mawa, garam masala,... - 42.6212
Snake Gourd Thoran
Snake Gourd Thoran has a fine taste. Snake Gourd Thoran gets its taste from padavalanga mixed with coconut and garam masala. Snake Gourd Thoran is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 42.2504
Stuffed Bottle Gourd
Peel bottle gourd and remove both end portions (which can be cooked along with vegetables to be used in the recipe).
Cut 1/3 inch thick slices.
Core centre portion with a 3/4 inch diameter cookie cutter, thus making rings.
Cook rings in salted boiling water... - 41.7926
Ash Gourd Quickie
When you skin the ash gourd set aside the skin to make chutney.
Discard the seeds in the soft centre portion.
You may use the soft portion if you like but since it turns into a mash when cooked, you can keep it aside for use in soup stock later.
Cube the firm... - 40.893
Snake Gourd Caldeen
1. Wash and cut snake gourd into 5 cm. by 2.5 cm. (2" x 1") pieces. Parboil with a little salt and water.
2. Grind to a fine paste, coconut, coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger, green chilli and cinnamon.
3. Heat oil. Add sliced onion. Saute. Add ground... - 35.734
Ash Gourd Bharta
1. Peel and cut gourd into cubes. Cook over a slow flame, adding just enough water to cook dry, till tender. Mash gourd.
2. Heat oil. Add chopped onions and green chillies and saute. Add gourd and salt and mix well. Fry for 5 minutes more.
3. Remove pan from... - 31.86
Gourd Recipes By Category