- » Gooseberry Preserve
Gooseberry Preserve Recipes
Enjoy our collection of gooseberry preserve recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for gooseberry preserve recipes.
1. Remove stems and tails from gooseberries; wash.
2. In a food chopper, process gooseberries.
3. In a large saucepan, place gooseberries and bring to a boil.
4. Stir in sugar and bring again to a boil with constant stirring.
5. Stir in... - 34.3298
Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pot.
Bring slowly to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Cook almost to jellying point, about 30 minutes.
As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
Pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch head... - 30.2899
Wash and drain the gooseberries.
Grate the orange rind, then remove the white membrane.
Cut the pulp in small pieces.
Mix the gooseberries, orange rind and pulp, sugar and raisins.
Cook over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves, then boil over high... - 29.2601
Remove stems and wash gooseberries.
Mix with the sugar, raisins and grated rind and juice of the oranges.
Cook until thick, add nuts and seal in clean hot jars. - 24.6141
You May Also Like!
Stem the berries, remove the blossom end, and wash the fruit in cold water.
Half cover the gooseberries with water and scald the fruit until the skins are soft.
Add the sugar to the hot mixture.
Bring quickly to the boiling-point and cook until clear.
Seal at... - 21.8409
1 In a pan add water and cleaned gooseberries bring to a boil and simmer until tender.
2 Add sugar and boil until set.
3 Serve as desired. - 25.3394
1. Snip the stem ends from the gooseberries.
2. Place them in a large pan and mix in the sugar.
3. Cover pan and let stand for 12 hours or overnight.
4. Have four 2 lb jars or two 4 lb jars sterilized and ready to pack the jam.
5.... - 31.0937
Can you imagine preparing delicious jam at your own kitchen? Yes, it can be possible, provided you can collect some fresh berries from your neighborhood or buy from grocery stores. Watch the video to learn the tips on preparing and preserving the yummy jam. - 97.2864
Wash the gooseberries thoroughly and drain.
Remove the stems and crush slightly.
Cook over low heat until the gooseberries are soft, then add the sugar, stirring until dissolved.
Cook until the juice sheets from a spoon as for jelly.
Pour into hot sterilized... - 24.0939
Crush or grind the gooseberries, a small amount at a time.
Add 1/2 cup water, then bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
Place in a jelly cloth or bag and squeeze out the juice.
Measure 4 cups juice into a large saucepan.
Combine the sugar and... - 28.8175
Gooseberry Orange Marmalade
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the orange part of orange skin; cut into thin strips.
2. Remove and discard remaining orange peel; chop pulp discarding seeds.
3. Clean gooseberries by removing stems and tail.
4. In a mixer grinder, grind... - 38.062
Gooseberry Glazed Game Hens With Sage Stuffing
1) Wash hen and pat dry on paper towels
2) Remove livers from the inner bags and chop small.
3) In a pan, heat 1 teaspoon butter, add chopped livers, onion, and sage and sautÃ© for 5 minutes, then toss in bread cubes.
4) Stuff the hens... - 41.1125
Cranberry Gooseberry Ham
1) Wash cranberries, pick over and drain.
2) In a saucepan, add cranberries, jam, orange juice, several strips of peel, garlic, and mustard and mix well.
3) Stir and allow to boil.
4) Lower heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes till cranberries open.... - 39.7263
Mint And Gooseberry Cheese
1 In a pan, add the fruit with water and cook to a pulp.
2 Gently rub through a sieve.
3 Measure the pulp, adding 1 lb sugar to each 1 pt pulp.
4 In a preserving pan, heat the pulp with the sprigs of mint tied in muslin.
5 Make sure that all... - 34.1331