Goat cheese dip is a dipping sauce or spread, prepared essentially with goat cheese, which is obtained from milk of goat. The goat cheese is often combined with sour cream or cream cheese, along with other ingredients, spices, and seasonings to attain the right texture and flavor. The dip can be served both chilled and warm and is a perfect accompaniment to breads, crackers, and chips.
Commonly Used Ingredients and Preparation Overview of Goat Cheese Dip
The dip is prepared by adding pepper, salt, sugar, and sour cream to mashed goat cheese. It is topped with dill and served with pear or apple slices. Rye crackers and bread are also nice accompaniments to this creamy dip.
Goat Cheese Dip Recipe Variations
Among a number of variations of goat cheese dip, some of the popular ones have been discussed hereunder:
- Warm goat cheese dip- this creamy dip is prepared by adding shallots, red wine vinegar, milk, cream cheese, sugar, goat cheese, chives, red pepper flakes, and parsley to melted butter. The dip is cooked until creamy and served after garnishing it with olives.
- Moroccan style goat cheese dip- it is a kind of spread which is prepared with almonds, honey, and goat cheese as the key ingredients. A honey mix is prepared by warming together honey, cinnamon, orange flower water, cardamom, and ground cloves. The goat cheese is rolled into honey mix first and then into crushed almonds, which are laid in a big plate. The cheese is then wrapped in a plastic wrap, refrigerated for around half an hour, and served with bread or crackers.
- Avocado Goat Cheese Dip- it is a mix of garlic, avocados, salt, cumin, goat cheese, cream cheese, and lime juice. It goes well with crispy and toasted pita chips.
- Fava bean and goat cheese spread- cooked fava beans (nutty flavored and buttery textured beans with slight bitter notes) are pulsed with oil, goat cheese, tarragon, lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper, and salt until slightly chunky. Water is added to attain the consistency of a spread. It is refrigerated and sprinkled with peppers before serving.
- Herb and garlic goat cheese dip- sour cream and goat cheese are blended together, before the addition of other ingredients which include onions, chopped parsley, chopped basil, and garlic cloves. The dip is refrigerated for a few hours and seasoned with pepper and salt before serving.
- It can be served with bread or crackers.
- Pita chips are also nice accompaniments to this dip.
- The dip can also be served with radishes.
- Tortilla chips and crisp endive leaves are served as accompaniments at times.
- Goat cheese dip is served with fruits also.