Glucose, a kind of sugar, also known by several other names viz. dextrose, grape sugar, and D-glucose, is one of the vital sources of carbohydrates, which helps in providing energy to the human body. Glucose is one ... More »
Melt the sugar in a pan with water to make a syrup.
Add the liquid glucose and boil the mixture.
Keep it on the fire till it achieves the right consistency.
Add roasted ground cashew nuts in the proportion of 2:1 to the sugar.
Add a few drops of almond... - 30.2763
Combine butter, brown sugar and glucose in saucepan, stir over low heat until sugar dissolves; bring to boil, boil 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, allow bubbles to subside, gradually add cream, stirring constantly. - 22.4824
Sift icing sugar into bowl.
Remove icing sugar, put aside.
Make well in centre of icing sugar in basin, add egg-whites, cover lightly with icing sugar from sides.
Add glycerine and warmed glucose, mix well.
Sprinkle reserved icing sugar on to board; turn... - 22.4767
Cut the pineapple into big pieces, add 1 teacup of water and put in a liquidiser. Strain the juice.
Put the grapes in a liquidiser and strain the juice.
Mix the pineapple, grape and orange juices.
Peel and chop the apples and add to the fruit juices.
Just... - 30.9522
These homemade caramels are prepared with sugar and syrup. Cooked in the microwave with added glucose with a dash of vanilla, the caramels are chilled in the refrigerator to set before serving. - 38.8711
Combine condensed milk, sugar, water and glucose in a saucepan and place over medium heat.
Stir until sugar is dissolved.
Let the mixture boil without stirring until it reaches a soft ball stage.
Remove from heat.
Mix well and pour over a greased... - 35.7598
Put the sugar, water, syrup and glucose into a pan.
Stir over gentle heat until sugar has dissolved then boil to 300°F.
Add butter, peanuts and essence.
Stir until butter has melted then add bicarbonate.
Pour on to a well oiled slab.
Roll out at once with... - 32.9767
Place in saucepan the sugars, glucose, butter, and water in which cream of tartar has been dissolved; stir over low heat until sugar has thoroughly dissolved. Increase heat, bring to the boil, using sweets thermometer, boil to 290°F.
Remove immediately from... - 25.6168
Butter a 23 cm (9 inch) square toffee tin. Dissolve the sugar in the milk in a large heavy-based saucepan. When completely dissolved, stir in the glucose and butter. Bring to the boil and boil gently until the temperature reaches 125°C/240°F. Add the... - 23.2661
The right degree of heat is essential for success in this economical delicious fudge; a sweets thermometer is necessary.
Combine sugar, salt, cocoa, milk and glucose in saucepan, stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat, boil rapidly until... - 29.343
1. Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
2. Place the sugar, liquid glucose, 30 ml (2 tbsp) water and the vanilla flavouring in a large ovenproof glass bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves. Using a wooden spoon,... - 24.1371
Place sugar and glucose in saucepan, add the water, stir until sugar dissolves; do not stir after mixture reaches boiling point.
Boil steadily to 238°F. on sweets thermometer, (or soft ball stage), then add butter and rum.
Boil again until mixture is light... - 26.4588
Add a special touch to your bakery products with this classic fondant. Follow this video for the perfect fondant recipe that can certainly add oodles of taste and appeal to your cakes. Take a look. - 94.6864
The chocolate honey nougat is prepared with sugar, honey and choco bits. Cooked together with egg whites and glucose, the choc honey nougats are filled with almonds and are frozen before serving. - 40.5866
Pulled sugar is a homemade preparation of sugar made with glucose and cream of tartar aong with raw sugar. Cooked and shaped into different shapes of choice, the pulled sugar can be used to decorate cakes. It is a favorite recipe of mine to use for desserts... - 36.7875
This sweet sauce goes well with vanilla ice cream.
Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
Bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes.
Serve hot or warm. - 32.3551
1. In a large pan, cook all the ingredients together till the syrup reaches a one thread consistency. Use a candy thermometer or a sugar thermometer to ensure that the syrup is 104°C (220°F).
2. Cool and store in a tightly covered jar.... - 27.4353
The buttered rum brazil nuts are prepared with butter and rum for flavor. Cooked as a sauce with the nuts stirred in, the buttered rum brazil nuts are served when cool and can go well with cocktail and drinks. - 38.0663
Cut the tops off the lemons and carefully scoop out the flesh.
Cut a small slice off the base of each so they stand up, taking care not to make a hole in the base.
Place in the freezer.
Puree the flesh in a blender or food processor, then strain into a... - 33.4735
Line a baking tray with non stick baking parchment.
Place the sugar, water, syrup and glucose in a large, heavy based saucepan.
Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
Bring to the boil and boil steadily to 150C/300F, stirring... - 37.2847
Dissolve the sugar in the water over a low heat, add the glucose or cream of tartar, bring to the boil quickly, and boil to a temperature of 237° F.
Pour on to an oiled or wetted slab, let it cool slightly (if worked when too hot it will grain), and work... - 29.3414
In a large heavy based pan, mix together the golden syrup, sugar, butter, glucose and condensed milk.
Stir continuously and slowly allow the mixture to come to the boil.
Continue boiling the mixture until it becomes thick and a light golden brown colour.
Keep... - 41.206
Melt the chocolate together with the cream, liquid glucose and frangelico.
Leave to cool.
Whiz the hazelnuts and biscuits to crumbs in a food processor and add the melted butter Sprinkle half the mixture into a terrine tin lined with clingfilm, then well... - 42.4486
1. Cream together yolk of eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Pour boiling milk over. Return to heat and cook to a custard consistency.
3. Remove from heat. Add gelatine dissolved in a little warm water. Mix well.
4. Cool and fold in stiffly beaten... - 44.7247
Using 25 g - 1 oz of the sifted icing sugar, lightly dust a 20 cm - 8" square baking tin.
Put the remaining icing sugar on a large plate and set aside.
In a large saucepan, dissolve the sugar and glucose in the water over a low heat.
Stir constantly until the... - 38.0985
1. Grease a baking tray with oil or line it with butter paper.
2. Prepare fruit to be coated with caramel. Make sure fruit is free of moisture.
3. In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine sugar and hot water.
4. Place pan on a medium flame... - 36.1652
1. Take a heavy bottomed, large pan. Add sugar and water along with glucose and syrup.
2. Place on low heat and dissolve sugar.
3. Gently boil the syrup till a candy thermometer shows 300°F.
4. Mix in butter along with de-skinned, warmed nuts and... - 42.6236
1. Take a heavy-bottomed pan, add water and sugar.
2. Place on low heat and without boiling, dissolve sugar to form a syrup.
3. Dip a brush in cold water and use it to wipe the pan sides at syrup level to avoid crystallization of the syrup.
4.... - 29.0723
1 Prepare the fruits a day before making the dish.
2 Wash the grapes in hot water and separate them so that there are 2 grapes on each stalk.
3 Or, peel the orange, removing all pith, then break it into segments.
4 Place the fruit on... - 36.6477
1 Lightly oil a slab.
1 In a saucapan, put the sugar and water.
2 Stir, and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
3 Add in the glucose to the syrup and bring the mixture up to the boil.
4 Remove the syrup from the heat.
5... - 45.654
1) The fruits for the Succulent Caramel must be fresh and of the best quality.
2) Cover the prunes in boiling water. Let soak for about 2 hours. Then remove their stones.
3) Slice the peaces into quarters. Halve the apricots after removing their... - 46.1635
My idea of ending a perfect meal is with this Coconut Ice . Follow this quick and easy-to-follow recipe for Coconut Ice to top off your meal with an equally delicious dessert. You can also try this with your own variation. - 37.9476
Combine all the ingredients together in a thick bottomed pan and cook on a medium flame till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
Take off the flame and stir till the mixture cools.
1 his is the conventional fudge consistency but if you wish to... - 25.6829
Combine sugar, milk, glucose and butter in medium-sized heavy-based saucepan with base about 18cm (7in) in diameter (the cooking time will vary if a larger or smaller saucepan is used).
Chop chocolate roughly.
Place extra chocolate over hot water to melt.
It... - 38.3828
A rich, brandy-flavoured chocolate fondant which melts in the mouth.
Place the sugar, water and liquid glucose in a heavy saucepan and stir over a low to medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
Brush away any sugar crystals that have formed on the sides of the... - 39.304
Have all ingredients at room temperature.
Butter 9-inch springform pan; dust lightly with graham-cracker crumbs.
Force cheese through a food mill or a fine strainer.
Add butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, flour, grated lemon rind, egg, and lemon juice.
Cream... - 48.509
1. To make the sorbet, in a saucepan, combine the caster sugar, 300milliliters of water, lemon and glucose.
2. Place the pan over a medium flame and bring the liquid to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Cool the syrup and place in the... - 45.0339
Want a fresh summer dessert? Try making melon Sorbet along with the chef in the video. A simple boiling, blending and freezing is just enough to make a melon sorbet at home. Chef is using a professional ice cream machine, however he explains how to make it in... - 139.239
Method for Crispy meringues:
Heat water and sugar to 118°C/244-245°F. Pour in the 50g of whipped egg whites, foaming. Leave to cool down with the mixer. Sift almond powdered icing sugar and add the meringue step by step. Mix and add the 40g of liquid egg... - 44.8892
Crush the biscuits finely with a rolling pin. Mix in 60 gms. melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9" flan ring. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the flan ring with the base of a bottle or glass. Refrigerate.
Crush the canned pineapple... - 36.5976
1. Line large cookie sheets with parchment paper; grease the top of the paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed till soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add sugar, about 1 tablespoon at... - 30.6044
• Line the sides of a PVC ring with chocolate sheet and the bottom with a dark sponge. Soak the sponge with sugar syrup and keep covered.
• Dark chocolate mousse: boil the first 3 ingredients. Add melted gelatin. Cool
• Add the dark melted chocolate and... - 33.7321
Barley is a whole grain cereal that is very high in protein and fiber. It is typically used for soups and stews and is a main ingredient in beer and whiskey. Barley is very healthy and is quite economical. It is also a low GI food – meaning it will not... - 121.566
1. In a large, deep pan place the sugar, milk, cream, butter and glucose or corn syrup.
2. Melt the sugar and butter down over a medium heat, stirring all the time until you can no longer feel the sugar crunching under the spoon.
3. If you are adding... - 111.135
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking pan and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, heat granulated sugar, butter, almond paste and cocoa powder over medium flame until butter melts. Keep stirring frequently.
4. Use a whisk to beat... - 45.3932
We all know how wonderful and healthy strawberries are, and there's no better way to eat them then in the form of a dessert, right?? And what happens if you combine it with cheese??? Well, you've found the elixir of eternal bliss, because this combination is... - 45.0245
Dry or soft dates are eaten out-of-hand, or may be pitted and stuffed with fillings such as almonds, walnuts, candied orange and lemon peel, tahini, marzipan or cream cheese. Pitted dates are also referred to as stoned dates. Partially dried pitted dates may... - 127.312
1. To make the icing, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and 180ml water .
2. Boil to make thick syrup. Take off the heat.
3. In the meanwhile, in a dry and grease free bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff
4. Pour the sugar syrup in a... - 47.9778
The idea of working with boiling sugar often fills people with a fair bit of trepidation. Don't be scared - it's easy! Armed with a sugar thermometer, you can actually make amazing, delicious sweet gifts and treats very easily. Here I'm making cherry nougat -... - 115.675