- » Glazed Sponge Cake
Glazed Sponge Cake Recipes
Enjoy our collection of glazed sponge cake recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for glazed sponge cake recipes.
Glazed Apricot Sponge
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Lightly oil a 900 ml / 1 1/2 pint / 3 3/4 cup pudding basin. Spoon in the syrup.
2. Drain the apricots and reserve the juice. Arrange about 8 halves in the basin. Puree the rest of the apricots with the juice and... - 35.6785
Pineapple Glazed Sponge Cake
Sift 1/2 cup sugar and flour together 3 times; set aside.
Beat egg yolks at high speed of an electric mixer 3 minutes or until thick and pale.
Add coconut extract; beat at medium speed 3 minutes or until thickened.
Beat egg whites, cream of tartar,... - 44.5019
Fantasy Sponge Cake
Beat egg whites with cream of tartar in a large bowl until soft mounds begin to form, using high speed of electric mixer or rotary beater or flat wire whip.
Beat in 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 Tbs at a time; then beat until very stiff peaks form; do not... - 42.5811
Sponge Cake Ring Dessert
Sift flour and salt together; set aside.
Beat egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, water, and extract together until very thick.
Fold flour mixture into egg yolks until just blended.
Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until frothy.
Add the 3 tablespoons... - 44.3907
Chocolate Sponge Cake
Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, and 1 cup sugar.
Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and beat until very stiff.
Combine egg yolks, water, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and beat just to... - 43.9326
Citrus Spice Sponge Cake
Sift flour, spices and baking powder.
Whip yolks 2 minutes.
Dribble in orange juice while whipping.
Gradually add sugar and whip 3 more minutes until yolks are thick.
Fold in vanilla and grated peels.
Whip egg whites until foamy.
Add cream of... - 49.7426
1) Grease a 8-inch (20-cm) sponge flan tin with butter.
2) Preheat oven hot to 350°F, 180°C or Gas No. 4.
3) Dust the sponge flan tin with flour and castor sugar.
4) On a square of greaseproof paper sift flour. Keep aside.
5) In a... - 44.4245
Eggless Honey Chocolate Sponge
This delectable sponge cake is rich and chocolaty and is flavored with honey. This recipe of eggless chocolate and honey sponge is sure to get your taste buds buzzing! - 53.3039
4 5 6 Sponge Cake
1. Grease two 7 inch cake tins with oil, butter or baking spray.
2. Line the base of the tins with grease proof paper; this will help to unmould the cake and to give a smooth surface to the cake.
3. Preheat the oven to 400° F, 200°... - 45.2684
Orange Sponge Cake
Let the eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored.
Gradually beat in 2/3 cup sugar.
Add the orange juice and peel; beat 3 minutes longer.
Sift the flour,... - 44.4738
1. Grease a cake tin with oil or butter or baking spray.
2. Cut a piece of grease proof paper to fit the bottom of the tin. This will help to give a smooth surface to the cake.
3. Preheat the oven to 325° F, 160° C
4. In a medium... - 36.7093
Chocolate Sponge Sandwich
1. Grease 2 8 inch cake tins with oil, butter or baking spray.
2. Line the base of the tins with a circle of grease proof paper; this will help to unmould the cake and to give a smooth surface to the cake.
3. Preheat the oven to 325° F, 160°... - 43.8388
Mix all ingredients, blending to a smooth, spready consistency.
Use on sponge cake, angel cake and tea breads. - 23.0686
Gateau Almond With Buttercream
Melt butter; set aside to cool.
In bowl combine eggs and sugar; stir till just combined.
Set bowl over large saucepan containing 2 inches hot, not boiling, water.
Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, till lukewarm, 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove from... - 39.0764
Apricot Petit Fours
1. Grease a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan; line bottom with wax paper; grease paper.
2. Sift cake flour, 1 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl of electric mixer.
3. Beat egg whites until foamy-white and double in volume in small bowl of... - 42.2049
Raspberry And Coconut Topping For A Plain Sponge
1. Allow the sponge you want to flavor and soften cool completely before you prepare the topping.
2. In a Pyrex glass bowl, melt the jam in a microwave or over a saucepan of boiling water
3. Using a palette knife spread the jam evenly... - 31.5436
Simple Lemon Crunch Topping For A Plain Sponge
1. Allow the sponge you want to flavor and soften cool completely before you prepare the topping.
2. In a Pyrex glass or stainless steel mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice and granulated sugar.
3. Using a spoon, mix and immediately... - 28.9272
Make a batter similar to that for chocolate cake of the eggs, sugar, flour and cocoa.
Bake in a large oblong tin instead of round cake tin.
When cool, cut two layers, spread inner side of top layer with jam, and glaze with fondant.
When the fondant has set,... - 39.9252
Coconut Banana Shortcake
Coconut Banana Shortcake has a luscious taste. Coconut Banana Shortcake gets its taste from sponge cake dressed by bananas and glazed with apricot. Coconut Banana Shortcake is inspired by many chefs around the world. - 30.7515
Blueberry Shortcake is easy to make recipe. Blueberry Shortcake gets its taste from sponge cake glazed with apricot. Blueberry Shortcake is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 24.1975
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Take a 9 inch straight-sided layer cake pan or a deep 8-inch cake pan, or a 7-inch square pan, grease well with butter and line using waxed paper greased with butter.
3. Take a pan, place on... - 36.0365
Strawberry Cream Shortcake
Strawberry Shortcake, Basic Recipe is easy to make recipe. Strawberry Shortcake, Basic Recipe gets its taste from vanilla sponge cake mixed with cream and custard. Strawberry Shortcake, Basic Recipe is inspired by many cafeterias around the world. - 37.818
Dobos Torte With Marshmallow
Prepare and bake the cake layers as in the recipe for Prince Regent Cake, opposite.
When cool, fill cake with the following cream mixture.
To make filling, mix a little milk with cornstarch in a medium bowl.
Heat remaining milk with sugar in a small... - 43.6348
Mix the ingredients together in a saucepan and place over a low heat.
Stir the icing constantly with a wooden spoon until it is warm but not hot.
The icing is ready when it coats the back of the spoon evenly.
Pour over the cake or sponge and serve after it... - 20.7143
Fluffy Apple Snow
Reduce the apples to a puree.
The finest flavour is obtained by washing the apples and baking them, dry, in a moderate oven (350° F., Gas 4) until quite soft, when the skins and cores may easily be separated from the pulp.
Otherwise, peel, core, slice and... - 39.7446
Pineapple Upside-down Cake
1. While preparing the cake mixture, add the pineapple essence instead of vanilla essence.
2. Grease and dust a 200 mm. (8") square tin.
3. Arrange the pineapple slices, cherries and walnuts decoratively in the prepared tin. Pour the golden syrup over the... - 38.3327
Make the batter for this cake of eggs, sugar and flour, without using any other ingredients.
This is the same batter as for sponge cake.
Otherwise proceed as when making chocolate cake.
Instead of fondant glazing, cake may be iced with coffee cream in which... - 29.2571
Delicious Fruit Trifle
Place egg yolks and sugar in stainless steel bowl; beat together with electric beater until mixture forms ribbons.
Mix in milk until well incorporated.
Stir in dark rum and set bowl over saucepan half-filled with hot water.
Cook over medium heat while... - 45.596
Pineapple Tier Cake
1. Using sharp knife, trim 8-inch layer cake to measure 6 1/2 inches across.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving liquid and cut each slice in half crosswise.
3. In a small saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice with apricot... - 42.416
Pineapple Shortcake is easy to make recipe. Pineapple Shortcake gets its taste from sponge cake topped with pineapple slices and flavored with cocoa. Pineapple Shortcake is inspired by many food chains around the world. - 23.3526
Fruit Layer Gateau
Prepare Beaten Sponge cake and cut into 3 layers.
To make filling, melt nougat in a double boiler over low heat.
Spread over 1 cake layer.
Cover with second layer.
Combine almonds, kirsch, water and powdered sugar in a small bowl.
Spread over second... - 46.5352
Chocolate Cherry Mousse Cake
1 Cut the cake in half horizontally. Reserve one half for another use.
2 For the mousse: In a small saucepan or the microwave, heat 1/2 cup of milk .
3 In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan, combine cocoa and sugar . Gradually whisk in the hot milk... - 48.2156
Line 2 cupcake trays with paper cups and fill two-thirds full with spoonfuls of Sponge Cake batter.
Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15-20 minutes or until cupcakes are well risen and golden brown.
Turn out onto a wire rack to cool before icing.
To make icing,... - 32.536
Mango Or Banana Cream Cake
Grease an 8" square cake tin and line with grease paper.
Sift the flours and keep aside.
Take 3 tablespoons of icing sugar and set aside. Whisk the remaining sugar and the egg yolks. Whisk the white with the reserved icing sugar.
Take a large glass bowl. Fold... - 42.5338
For Christmas, you can make a delicious dessert, that is also a wonderful centerpiece! - 127.416
Raspberry Yogurt Torte
1 For the syrup:In a small saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a full boil , stirring to dissolve the sugar.
2 Remove from the heat and add the framboise. Pour into a small bowl and cool completely.
3 For the filling:Into a small bowl, pour the... - 48.543
Hedgehog Tipsy Cake
1) This recipe requires a cake which can be bought or home-made, but must be stale.
2) If home-made, then bake it in an oval jelly mould.
3) Trim and resemble to develop the shape of a hedgehog's back.
4) With a round cutter, hollow out the top,... - 46.3595
Peach N Almond Shortcake
Peach N Almond Shortcake is simple and easy to make recipe. Peach N Almond Shortcake gets its taste from sponge cake topped with peach and almonds, flavored with honey. Peach N Almond Shortcake is inspired by many food chains worldwide. - 26.7354
Grease 9 x 1 1/2-inch round layer pan.
Line with waxed paper and grease again.
In small bowl with mixer at high speed beat eggs until fluffy.
Gradually add sugar and salt; beat until mixture is doubled in bulk and mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon,... - 38.6449
This is a 7 layer cake.
If you do not have 7 cake tins, divide the sponge mixture into 7, then use as many tins as you have and cook in batches.
Butter and line seven 20 cm/8 inch round cake tins; with greaseproof paper.
Brush the paper with melted butter and... - 48.7914
1.Put the apricots in hot water for 30 minutes.
2.Once done, drain the soaked apricots and keep the liquid aside.
3.Chop the apricots in their natural shape, going halfway round.
4.Destone the apricots.
5.Heat the reserved liquid and... - 44.8914
Buche Au Cocoa Lopez
1 For coconut cream: In a bowl, beat together cold creme patissiere, coconut liqueur and cream of coconut.
2 Gradually beat in war melted gelatin.
3 In a bowl, whip the cream until stiff and fold into the mixture.
4 Prepare a gutter mould by... - 45.8584
1. Start by splitting the sponge cake through the center
2. Place the cake on individual plates, then spread jelly and put ice cream on top of the cake, place wafers too
3. Take the cherries and drain them properly, then top the cherries... - 40.7752
Genoise A L Orange
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (350°). Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan; tap out the excess flour.
2. Prepare the Orange Sponge Cake: Combine the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Place the bowl in the top of a saucepan of simmering water; make... - 45.0281
Line and grease an 18 cm (7 inch) square shallow tin.
Prepare the sponge as for Genoese Sponge.
Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven, 190°C (375°F), Gas Mark 5, for 25-30 minutes.
Turn on to a wire rack to cool, then cut if in... - 45.1734
Cinnamon Apple Gateau
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Grease and line a 23 cm / 9 in sandwich cake tin. Place the eggs and caster sugar in a bowl and beat with a hand-held electric whisk until thick and mousse-like. (When the whisk is lifted, a trail should remain on... - 42.5315
Strawberry Cream Torte
1 To make the syrup:In a small saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a full boil , stirring to dissolve the sugar.
2 Remove from the heat and add the Grand Marnier. Pour into a small bowl and cool completely.
3 To make the filling: In a small... - 48.4865
Australia's famous Lamingtons are squares of sponge cake that are first dipped in chocolate glaze and then in coconut. - 48.7676
Boston Cream Pie
Sandwich cake layers together with filling, spread glaze on top, and let stand until glaze hardens.
Store in refrigerator. - 25.0774
Individual Apricot Trifle
If fresh fruit is used, prepare as required, dust with castor sugar and allow to stand 1 hr to sweeten and become juicy.
If canned fruit is used, drain from juice on a sieve.
Soak the rounds of sponge cake in the sherry (if used) and a little fruit... - 35.3042
Charlotte Aux Abricots
1 Using the biscuits a la cuillere, line the sides of a stainless steel ring or cake tin (23 cm / 9 in diameter x 4.5 cm / 1 3/4 in high)
2 Trim them neatly to the top of the ring.
3 On the bottom of the ring, place a thin slice of sponge.
4 ... - 42.8443
1. Cut a day old (or left over) sponge cake in half; sandwich together the two half with jam spread in between. And further cut the sandwiched cake into 1 inch cubes.
2. In a separate saucepan, add custard powder, milk and sugar and heat, bring... - 38.0697
Method Set oven at moderate (350Â°F).
Grease pan; line base with a circle of wax paper, and grease this also.
Sprinkle pan with sugar, then with flour.
For the cake: in a bowl, beat eggs lightly with a rotary beater and gradually add sugar.
Stand bowl over... - 25.2421
Creamy Whipped Filling
Soften gelatine in cold water.
Heat over hot water until dissolved.
Whip cream until thick then beat in icing sugar.
Blend in sherry and beat in dissolved gelatine.
Chill until thick enough to spread, folding occasionally.
Use as a filling for... - 28.4868
Jewel Fruit Tortes
1 In a small saucepan, place 1 cup apricot preserves; cook over low heat until melted.
2 Meanwhile, drain pears, peaches, oranges and pineapple well.
3 On a serving plate, place each sponge-cake layer .
4 Prick the surface gently using a ... - 42.8954
Shepherd's Bread is an irresistible recipe which you would surely love to serve to your friends as a side dish. Enjoy this delicious bread recipe; I am sure you would love to try this Shepherd's Bread. - 49.751
Sherry Trifle With Ratafias
1) In a large frying pan melt butter and stir in sugar.
2) With a wooden spoon, stir over heat until the sugar melts and turns golden, caramel brown.
3) Keep stirring until mixture browns evenly.
4) Mix orange juice and stir until caramel turns... - 47.957
Chocolate Mandarin Gateau
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Take a 8 1/2 inch straight-sided sandwich tin and line and grease it.
3) Next, take a mixing blow and gently whisk butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
4) Add eggs one at a time, beating well.
5)... - 46.3197
Dissolve jelly in boiling water according to the directions on packet.
Pour in a big serving glass bowl and leave it to set.
Set about 1/2 cup jelly in a separate tray for decoration.
Make custard sauce from 2 1/2 cups milk, 4 tablespoons sugar and 3... - 45.2551
1. Wipe the apricots clean with a damp towel. Cut in halves to remove the stones. Set aside.
2. Thaw the pastry if store bought or prepare your favorite pastry recipe.
3. On a lightly floured work table, roll the pastry out into a circle,... - 44.4785
1) Preheat the oven to 350 Deg F (180 Deg C/Gas 4), grease and line two 8 inch square tins.
2) Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in the eggs, stir in the flour, almonds and almond essence., beat well.... - 47.4898