- » Gherkin Pickle
Gherkin Pickle Recipes
Gherkin pickle is prepared by pickling the gherkins in cans or jars with vinegar or brine solution. The gherkin is a vegetable which belongs to the genus of cucumber and also resembles cucumber in its nutritional ... More »
Weigh 3 pounds of white sugar and each morning add a handful, stirring well, until all sugar is used.
These pickles will be crisp and keep in an unsealed crock.
Green coloring may be added to syrup if desired. - 24.8052
Home-style Pickled Gherkins
Cut washed pickles into 1/2 inch slices and pack in two sterilized pint jars or one quart jar.
Bring vinegar, water and sweetener to boil; add to jar with remaining ingredients, filling to within an inch of the top.
Cover and seal.
Let stand in refrigerator... - 31.4391
Czech Gherkin Sauce
1) In a saucepan, bring the white stock to a boil
2) In the meanwhile, into a heavy saucepan, melt the butter and then tip in the flour
3) Using a whisk, briskly whisk in the flour to cook
4) Take off from the heat and add in the stock
5) Bring the... - 37.9522
Grilled Salmon Steaks With Caper Gherkin Sauce
1) Wash the steaks carefully.
2) Pat them dry.
3) Preheat the grill.
4) In a large bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients together and mix well.
5) Season with black pepper, cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
6) On the... - 46.0942
Mustard Pickles is a tasty and addictive pickle which brings together a lovely combination of flavors and texture. You will definitely love this Mustard Pickles recipe! Trust me! - 43.5972
Blend grated cheese into the soft butter.
Stir in flour, salt and paprika.
Place dough on a square of waxed paper and form into a 6-inch roll.
Dry pickles on absorbent paper.
Slice roll into 1/4-inch slices to make 24.
Wrap a slice of dough around... - 30.3016
Pickled Carrot Sticks
Scrape and slice the carrots lengthwise.
Cut them into 2-inch sticks, about 1/4 inch thick.
Put them into the jar of juice, and refrigerate the carrots overnight or longer. - 19.8987
Nine Day Pickles Dressing
(Use 4-inch cucumbers, or, if desired gherkin pickles may be made by using the very tiny cucumbers).
Wash 4 quarts cucumbers, cut in rounds.
Place in stone jar or crock.
Make a brine of 1 cup salt to 2 quarts boiling water, and pour over cucumbers... - 33.6946
Simple Mustard Pickle
Peel onions, wash gherkins; prepare cauliflowers.
Cover with salt brine (enough salt to float an egg).
Let stand overnight. Pour off; repeat brine; let stand for another 24 hours.
Drain - 21.0771
Pickle Cheese Pineapple
Combine cheeses, peanut butter and pickle relish; blend.
Shape into ball.
Garnish with sweet gherkin slices and strips to resemble a pineapple.
Serve as a spread for rye bread, as desired. - 26.2788
Chop fine the medium-size cucumbers and onions and the red peppers, placing each in a separate bowl.
If desired, each may be ground in a food chopper using the medium blade.
Also place in separate bowls the gherkins, tiny onions and cauliflower... - 43.4691
Pork Chops With Ham And Pickles
1) Preheat oven to 200Â°F before warming.
2) Using paper towels dry the pork chops gently and season generously with salt and a few grindings of pepper.
3) Coat them with flour and shake off the excess.
4) In a heavy 10- or 12-inch... - 44.4864
Melted Cheese With Potatoes And Pickles
1. Preheat the oven to 500° for at least 15 minutes.
2. Keep four 10-inch ovenproof dinner plates in the oven and heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Note that the success of the raclettes, the plates must be very hot.
3. When it is about time to... - 37.3828
Pickled Dill Cucumbers
1. Place gherkins or cucumbers on sheets of absorbent kitchen paper and sprinkle with salt. Drain for 2-3 hours, then rinse under cold running water, pat dry on absorbent kitchen paper and place in a heatproof bowl.
2. Place mustard seeds, peppercorns,... - 28.0181
Sweet Pickle Chips
Scrub gherkins and slice enough to make 10 cups.
Toss with salt and cover with 2 or 3 trays of ice cubes.
Let stand 2 hours.
Bring remaining ingredients to a boil.
Simmer 5 minutes.
Add sliced gherkins.
Bring slowly to a boil rifting and turning... - 34.532
Pork Chops With Ham And Pickles
Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and a few grindings of pepper, then dip them in flour and shake off the excess.
Heat the lard over high heat in a heavy skillet, then add the chops two or three at a time.
Cook them for about four minutes on each... - 44.7788
Prepare the vegetables as for cooking.
Cut the carrots in thick slices and separate the cauliflower into flowerets.
Combine 3 tablespoons salt to 1 quart water, preparing enough to soak each vegetable separately in salt water.
Let the vegetable stand... - 43.7003
Pork Chops Charcutiere
In skillet, brown chops; pour off fat.
Add soup, water, onion, and mustard.
Cover; cook over low heat 45 minutes or until tender.
Stir now and then.
Add pickles last 5 minutes. - 26.2564
Pork Chops Piquante
In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat and brown chops; remove and set aside.
In same skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat and brown onion.
Add ketchup and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
Add... - 34.2066
Red Envelope Fish
Preparation Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan.
Place over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
Keep warm while preparing fish.
Cutting only 1/2 inch deep into fish, score fillets lengthwise at 1-inch... - 38.7437
This Lobster Tropicana is one of the best appetizers that I've ever tasted. Pick the toothpicks with delicious lobster chunks topped with gherkin pickles and maraschino cherries and simply enjoy ! Your suggestions for this Lobster Tropicana are welcome ! - 32.6479
Method Combine all ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. - 10.4979
1) Combine together salad cream, onion, red pepper, gherkin or pickled cucumber, black or green olives and parsley or chives.
2) Use as required. - 27.9192
In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, pickles, dill, parsley, chives, lemon juice and mustard.
Chill until serving time. - 30.6125
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut rind from raclette; cut cheese into thin slices. Place half of slices, overlapping slightly, in shallow baking dish.* Bakejust until cheese melts and is smooth, about 4 to 6 minutes; remove from oven.
2. Sprinkle cheese with... - 22.8033
Place the pasta in a deep dish, pour over enough boiling water to cover, add the salt and oil. Cook on high for 6 minutes. Cover and keep to one side.
Place the veal, gammon (ham) and butter in a dish. Cover and cook on high for 3 minutes, stirring once. Add... - 31.8837
Heat the can of spaghetti in the usual way.
Cut the bread in thick slices and fry until golden brown on both sides.
Split each slice in two, spread a little chutney on one half and sprinkle a layer of cheese on the fried surface of the other.
Just melt the... - 24.7708
Mince the gherkin and fish together.
A pinch of tarragon helps here.
Put the butter and this mixture into a saucepan and heat thoroughly.
When hot spread on the toast or croutons, and serve piping hot. - 22.6346
Lam Cheese And Orange Filling
1. Cut cooked ham and Swiss-cheese slices into matchstick-thin strips. Drain and dice mandarin-orange sections.
2. In medium-sized bowl, with rubber spatula, mix mayonnaise, minced gherkins, and milk; gently stir in ham, Swiss cheese, mandarin oranges, and... - 24.847
Pork Chops Charcuterie
1. Take a skillet, brown chops and drain off fat.
2. Stir in water, soup, mustard, and onions and simmer for about half an hour until ingredients turn soft.
3. Blend in pickles and cook the dish until done.
4. Serve Pork Chops Charcutiere... - 32.5774
Spicy Stuffed Eggs
Peel the eggs and halve them lengthwise, then place 1 egg yolk in a small bowl; discard the remaining yolks.
With a fork, mash the yolk; then add 4 of the egg white halves and mash them.
Mix in the green onion, mayonnaise, parsley, pickles, mustard, salt, and... - 30.297
About 30 minutes before supper:
1. Preheat broiler 10 minutes, or as manufacturer directs.
2. Meanwhile, saute bacon just until golden; drain well. Place bread slices, side by side, on cookie sheet; brush with French dressing; toast lightly in broiler.
3. Cut... - 31.8597
Lightly brown shallot in butter, stir in flour and cook over medium heat, stirring for 30 seconds until golden.
Take from heat and stir in stock with tomato paste.
Bring the sauce to a boil and simmer 10 minutes until glossy.
If sauce is thicker than a gravy,... - 35.3235
Classic Macaroni Salad
1. Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add the pickles, red and green bell peppers, celery, and scallions.
2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and mustard. Pour over... - 28.9842
Spinach Salad A La Russe
lb make dressing, blend soup, sour cream, milk and horseradish; chill.
In large bowl, layer remaining ingredients. - 30.429
Preheat oven to 350°.
Partially cook bacon, place on paper towels and set aside. Grind pork, veal, and ham together using a food processor (one half of the meat at a time). Place meat in a bowl and stir in flour.
Cook chicken livers in butter until pink.
In... - 37.2353
Gherkin Pickle Recipes By Category