- » German Vegetarian
German Vegetarian Recipes
Enjoy our collection of german vegetarian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for german vegetarian recipes.
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
For all the home bakers, here comes another delicious recipe of Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels. This is a time tested recipe from Aunt Annie and it is a perfect combo when served with an espresso or your favorite coffee. Take a look at this video for more details. - 130.718
Sweet Caraway-rye Bread
Now to give you a recipe which you will find nowhere else! This recipe uses whole grain wheat and rye flours. The bread is sweetened and also has whole caraway seeds! A unique bread that can surely get you addicted! Watch this step-by-step video and try it... - 129.606
Barbecued Peach Blueberry And Pecan Streusel
What can be more exotic way to enjoy a leisurely afternoon with a bowl of barbecued peach and blueberry streusel? Being a fruity-dessert lover you must not miss this opportunity. So, here is the recipe to learn and prepare this fabulous dish at your own oven. - 126.741
Red Cabbage Sauerkraut
Sauerkraut or pickled cabbage is a German recipe is something that you want to do with your cabbage. Watch this video, and see how the chef does it. It is simple method and stays in refrigerator for few days. Homemade sauerkraut is definitely better than the... - 117.285
The Germans love their greens and knows how to eat them too. And this classic kraut salad is a classic example of the. Chef Keith Snow shares a delectable salad recipe that isn't just quick and easy, but also packs in a good deal of taste and nutrition too. - 109.863
Homemade German Potato Salad
You like German potato salad but afraid every time you make it, it does not turn out as good as it should be. Watch this video to make the perfect salad. All along the video the chef gives quick and smart tips to make the salad. See the video and try making... - 98.5311
Wheat & Gluten Free: Home-made Muesli
A homemade breakfast is always the best and if it is Homemade Muesli, it’s fast easy and cost effective than buying packaged Muesli. In this video, the chef shows the ingredients for it and its just ingredients that are required. Pour required quantity of... - 95.7261
Fresh, crunchy cabbage makes for an excellent base for slaw. Chef Keith Snow shares with his viewers a delightful slaw recipe, believed to be inspired by his mother-in-law and makes for a hearty, healthy indulgence any day. - 92.1576
Try out this simple egg-less almond cake recipe! Its is sweet and buttery is great for any occasion. - 55.4675
Easy German Potato Salad
1) In a pan, add turkey bacon and cook till crisp.
2) Remove, drain and keep aside.
3) Use cooking spray on a skillet.
4) Mix in the onion and cook till tender and transparent.
5) Blend in soup, water, vinegar, sugar, liquid smoke and pepper and heat... - 50.7339
Raisin Streusel Bars
1. In medium-size bowl, combine KELLOGG'S Raisin Bran cereal, flours, brown sugar, salt, soda and cinnamon.
2. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs and stir in water.
3. Set aside 1 cup of the... - 50.0765
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly grease a baking pan with oil or butter.
3. In a bowl, combine crumbs, sugar, apple, spice, raisins and nuts. Keep aside
4. Dust a large work table, with flour.
5. Roll out strudel dough into a... - 49.8724
Caramelized Apple And Walnut Strudel
1. Preheat the oven to 340 degree F or 160 degree C
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
3. In a non stick skillet, combine 75 grams of sugar and vanilla.
4. Place the pan on a medium flame for 5 to 8 minutes until the sugar has... - 49.7413
1) In a mixing basin, sift the flour and salt and make a well in the centre.
2) Peel, core and slice the apples and coarsely chop the walnuts.
3) Mix with the sultanas, sugar and cinnamon or mixed spice.
4) Mix together the egg, water... - 49.1609
Home Made Pumpernickel Bread
1) Lightly coat 3 loaf pans and 1 bowl with butter.
2) Preheat the oven to 425°F
3) In a saucepan, mix corn meal with water.
4) Stir in boiling water and cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
5) Add salt, sugar, oil, and... - 49.0851
To make the cookies: Combine flour, cottage cheese, butter and margarine in bowl; mix well.
Chill, covered, overnight.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine pecans and brown sugar in bowl; mix well.
Divide dough into 6 portions.
Roll each portion into 12-inch... - 48.8671
Hot German Potato Salad
1) Cook the potatoes for 20-25 minutes until just done, drain, then allow to cool and peel.
2) In a large bowl, cut and place the 1/4-inch thick sliced potatoes.
3) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the apples until chopped... - 48.8614
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F.
2) In a pan boil water and add sun-dried tomatoes into it.
3) Let soak for 15 minutes until soft.
4) Drain out from the liquid and chop coarsely.
5) Remove around 1 inch of the coarse ends of the... - 48.6528
German Potato Salad With Mayonnaise
1) Boil potatoes with skin and peel while still hot enough to handle.
2) Cut into cubes while hot and sprinkle dressing over them.
3) Toss till potatoes are well coated with dressing.
4) Set aside till cold.
5) Mix in spring onions,... - 48.491
German Potato Pancakes
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the parsely until finely minced.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, remove the parsely and keep aside.
3) Then process the onion until finely chopped, drain and add to the parsley.
4) In a processor... - 48.4205
Spicy Asparagus Pish Rolls
Thaw fish, if frozen.
Cut fresh asparagus into 6-inch lengths.
Cook fresh asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or till crisp-tender.
Place three or four asparagus spears crosswise on each fillet, then roll up... - 48.3966
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 6, 200°C (400°F).
2. In a pan melt butter and add breadcrumbs. Fry for 3 minutes until lightly toasted.
3. Slice the apples finely and mix with raisins, flaked almonds, cinnamon, lemon rind and maple... - 48.3165
Apple Nut Strudel
1. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in center of flour and add egg, water and vegetable oil. Stir to make a sticky dough.
2. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Slap dough down onto board; pick up; continue to slap down and pick up the... - 48.2594
German Chocolate Pie
Prick pie shell thoroughly with fork.
Bake at 425° for 5 to 8 minutes, or until shell begins to brown.
Remove from oven.
Meanwhile, combine butter, brown sugar, pecans and coconut in saucepan.
Heat until butter and sugar are melted, stirring... - 48.2057
Microwave Black Forest Cake
1)Blend the eggs,oil,water and cake mix till smooth.
2)Now add the flavouring and the pie filling as well.
3)Now take the 2 dishes,line with wax paper and pour this batter evenly into both.
4)Cook each layer for 6 minutes on BAKE(6).
For Bundt or Tube... - 48.1496
Spinach Stuffed Pumpernickel
Place frozen spinach on microproof plate.
Cook on HIGH 5 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Drain and squeeze dry.
Place cream cheese in micro-proof bowl.
Heat on HIGH 1 minute or until softened.
Blend in spinach, sour cream, parsley, onions, mayonnaise, lemon... - 47.9046
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the eggs, sugar and grated lemon rind together, beating them thoroughly with the aid of an electric mixer for 15 minutes.
3) Add the peel,... - 47.8722
Herbed Asparagus Omelets
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites, eggs, and milk.
Stir in the scallions, herbs, pepper, and salt.
Place the asparagus and water in a large microwave-safe bowl.
Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high power for a total of 4 to 6... - 47.6948
In 4-cup measure combine water and gelatin.
Microwave at High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until mixture is heated and gelatin dissolves.
Stir in lemon extract, lemon peel and fructose.
Butter a 9-in pie plate.
Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over bottom... - 47.4718
Hot German Potato Salad Casserole
Wash and pierce potatoes through with fork.
Place on paper towel in microwave oven.
Microwave at High (10) 10 to 12 Minutes, until tender.
Remove from oven, cool slightly, peel potatoes and cut in 1/8-in slices.
In 2-qt casserole cut bacon in small... - 47.3525
Real Apple Strudel
Roll out the pastry to a rectangle about 45 X 60 cm/18 X 24 inches.
Trim the edges and lay it out on a lightly floured cloth or sheet; paint the pastry liberally with some of the melted butter.
For the filling, melt the butter in a pan and fry the breadcrumbs... - 47.1842
Lemon Streusel Bars
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with butter or oil.
3. To make the filling, in a bowl, stir together condensed milk, lemon zest and juice.
4. Set aside for later use.
5. For the crust, mixt butter and brown... - 47.1233
Four Fruit Pie
Mix the sugar and flour in a large saucepan and gradually blend in the water and orange juice.
Bring to the boil and cook over a moderate heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add the apricots, snipped in half, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring... - 46.8648
1. Make Caramel: Line an 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking pan with foil. Lightly butter foil.
2. In a heavy 2 1/2-quart saucepan, combine all ingredients except vanilla, nuts and chocolate.
3. Cook, stirring with wooden spoon, over low heat until sugar is... - 46.8584
Raw Beet Gelatin Salad
1) In a large bowl, add 2 cups of hot water and then dissolve the gelatin in it.
2) In a blender, combine the rest of the ingredients.
3) To the dissolved gelatin, add this mixture.
4) Pour the mixture into a 4 cup mold and refrigerate... - 46.8354
Healthy Rye Pumpernickel Bread
1)Dissolve active dry yeast in lukewarm potato stock.
2)In a large mixing bowl, mix oil, lemon rind, molasses, caraway seeds, tamari, kelp and carob powder.
3)Heat milk and add to mixing bowl ingredients and mix well.
4)Add gluten flour, 1 cup of whole... - 46.713
Red Cabbage In The Pot
1 Wash the cabbage throughly.
2 Shred finely,removing central core, ribs and outer leaves.
3 In a saucepan, add butter and cook the cabbage , covered, for 5 minutes.
4 In a deep, ovenproof casserole arrange cabbage, onion and apples in layers... - 46.6948
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the cherries, sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
2. Tip in the claret/red wine.
3. Place on a medium low flame and bring to a boil, then simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until the cherries are soft.
4. Remove the cherries... - 46.6406
Lattice Fruit Mince Pie
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt. Rub butter in the mixture to look like coarse crumbs.
3. Stir in sugar in the mixture.
4. Make a well in the centre of the mixture with your hands. Pour... - 46.3489
Marmalade And Coconut Strudel
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a bowl, cream the butter. Add in the flour and salt.
3) Mix in sour cream. Mix well to get a dough like consistency.
4) Divide the dough into four parts. Wrap each portion in waxed paper. Allow them to... - 46.1824
Easy German Pumpernickel Bread
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, molasses, lemon rind, caraway seeds, kelp, tamari and carob powder; also dissolve yeast in the potato stock
2. Add scalded milk into the mixture and , when luke warm, add yeast solution, gluten flour and a cup... - 46.1384
Pois Potage De Schickelgruber German Split Pea Soup
1) Roughly chop onion, carrot, leek and lettuce.
2) Allow peas to come to a boil after covering it with water.
3) Cook the peas for 5 minutes and then soak for several hours.
4) Drain the peas thoroughly.
5) Melt margarine and cook the... - 45.9569
Romertopf Mushroom Goulash
1) 1Chop the bacon.
2) Chop the onion.
3) Wash the fungi and slice them.
4) Peel the potatoes, boil them and grate them.
5) Soak the Romertopf.
6) Heat the oven to 400 F-Gas mark 6.
7) In a frying pan, fry bacon for a few minutes on its... - 45.8672
1) Into a small bowl, drain the asparagus liquid.
2) Add enough water to make up to 1/2 pint measure.
3) To this, add the oil, agar agar and flour. Mix well.
4) On high power, cook for 2 minutes.
5) With a fork, whisk well.
6) Now, cook again for 3... - 45.8456
Unfold 2 phylo leaves and place on a damp cloth.
Microwave butter 30 seconds to melt.
Brush leaves with butter.
Place second leaf on top of the first leaf.
Sprinkle bread crumbs on the second leaf.
Repeat with other two leaves to make a second... - 45.8055
Spicy German Potato Salad
Cook potatoes as directed set aside.
In glass mixing bowl (can be bowl in which you will serve the salad) place 1 layer of paper towel.
Cut bacon into pieces so that it will lie in a single layer in bowl.
Cover with another paper towel.
Cook about 2 minutes,... - 45.691
1) Sieve together the salt, sugar and flour into a bowl. Mix well.
2) With two knives, chop the fat into the flour. Rub ingredients together till small crumbs have formed.
3) A few drops at a time, add ice-cold water. Knead till a light but firm... - 45.5897
Hot Potato And Raisin Salad
1) In a saucepan, boil salted water.
2) Place the potatoes in boiling water to cook until just tender.
3) Drain the potatoes.
4) In a bowl, add oil, vinegar, paprika, sauce, puree and seasoning to blend thoroughly.
5) Add raisins to stir in.
6) Allow... - 45.531
Coleslaw And Bavarian Cheese
1) Heat the oven.
2) In the oven, set the potatoes for baking.
3) In a large mixing bowl, place the shredded cabbage, grated carrot and pepper slices.
4) Next, add the cheese.
5) Mix cream and mayonnaise and season the mixture well.
6)... - 45.5091
No Sweat New Potato Salad
1) In a pot with boiling water, gently scrub and place the potatoes, cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
2) Drain and quarter the potatoes while still warm.
3) In a large mixing bowl, place the potatoes, drizzle them with vinegar and olive oil.
4)... - 45.4415
In a medium bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add the sour cream and salt; mix well.
Shape into a ball; cover and refrigerate overnight.
For filling, combine the bread crumbs and butter.
Add apples, sugar, raisins, pecans and... - 45.3781
German Style Potato Salad
Peel and slice the medium potatoes or leave the tiny new potatoes whole.
In a covered saucepan cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes or till just tender.
Set the potatoes aside while preparing the dressing.
For the dressing, in... - 45.3778
Warm Asparagus Sandwiches
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cottage cheese, 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, green onions, and lemon juice.
Process until smooth; set aside.
Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
Remove scales from stalks with a knife or vegetable peeler, if... - 45.272
Linguine With Asparagus And Shiitake Mushrooms
Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
Remove scales from stalks with a knife or vegetable peeler, if desired.
Cut asparagus diagonally into 3/4-inch pieces.
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Add olive oil; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add... - 45.1936
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. In a bowl sift together first 4 ingredients, stir in caraway seeds.
3. Cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are... - 45.1664
1. Drain sauerkraut, rinse with water and drain again.
2. In a saucepan, mix sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil.
3. Let the mixture cool down.
4. In large bowl, place sauerkraut and add celery, onion and green pepper to... - 45.1453
Red Cabbage Alsacian Style
1) In a thick pan, over low heat, heat oil and sauté onion in it until transparent.
2) Stir in vinegar, sugar, cabbage, water, prunes and apple and cover and simmer the mixture, stirring frequently.
3) When the cabbage is just soft, uncover and simmer... - 45.0902
Black Cherry Soup
1. Take a saucepan and mix water with cloves, lemon zest and juice, and cinnamon.
2. Bring it boil on medium heat. Add the cherries along with syrup and boil again.
3. Simmer cherries for 10 to 15 minutes or till they turns soft. Keep stirring... - 45.0299
Hot And Spicy Red Cabbage With Apples
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/ 300°F/Gas Mark 2. Put just enough cabbage in a large casserole dish to cover the base evenly.
2. Place a layer of the onions and apples on top of the cabbage.
3. Sprinkle a little of the mixed spice, cinnamon and sugar over the... - 44.9883
Baked Plum Kuchen
Sift flour, measure and resift 3 times with baking powder, salt and sugar.
Work in the shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until particles are the size of rice grains.
Add the milk all at once, stir quickly only enough to dampen the dry... - 44.9556
1) Rinse spinach and dry them gently with paper toweling.
2) Into a salad bowl, shred spinach.
3) Dice lettuce into small pieces.
4) Mix spinach and lettuce with onion.
5) Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, and honey for the... - 44.9273
Country Kitchen Potato Salad
1.In a bowl, combine potatoes, eggs, celery and pickles.
2.Separartely mix mayonnaise, vinegar, onion, bon appetit, MSG, pepper, and mustard.
3.Put the mixture on potato mixture and blend well.
5.Serve in bowls. - 44.8574
For batter, combine the milk and egg in a blender; cover land process until blended.
Add flour; cover and process until blended.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Heat a lightly greased 8-in.skillet over medium heat.
Pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of the... - 44.8227
1) Wash mushrooms and slice them.
2) Preheat the oven at the temperature of (400 F - Gas mark 6).
3) Chop the onions, peel and quarter the tomatoes.
4) In the soaked RomertopF, place the muhrooms, tomatoes and the chopped onion.
5) Stir... - 44.8214
Supreme Spinach Salad
1) Rinse the spinach leaves. Keep them in the refrigerator in a bowl, till they become slightly crisp.
2) Shred the spinach into medium-sized pieces.
3) In a large bowl, add spinach, pecans and cottage cheese. Give them a light toss to mix.
4) Prepare... - 44.7484
Asparagus Leek Soup
1) In a pan, cook the frozen asparagus in the boiling water, until tender.
2) In the blender, add the cooked asparagus along with the cooking water and blend, until smooth.
3) Add the leek soup mix, 3 cups milk and pepper, blend until... - 44.6621
Sauerkraut Salad With Worcestershire Sauce
1) Pour off the liquid from the sauerkraut and drain well.
2) Place the sauerkraut in a bowl.
3) Stir in green pepper, celery, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar, seasoning, garlic salt and sweetener.
4) Cover the bowl and place in... - 44.302
Microwave German Chocolate Pie
1) Take a large cup and melt the chocolate pieces on SIMMER (3) for upto 6 minutes.
2) Now spread this over the chilled coconut crust.
3) Take another bowl and cook the milk and pudding mix together on HIGH(9), for upto 5 minutes ensure to stir to... - 44.2696
1. Sieve the flour.
2. Cream the margarine and sugar very well until light and creamy.
3 Add the almond essence and beat.
4. Add the cashewnuts and seived flour and mix well. The mixture will form into a soft dough.
5. Knead the dough for a minute.
6. Roll... - 44.2643
Bologna And German Potato Salad
Place bacon in 2-quart casserole.
Cook covered with one or two paper towels, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until crisp.
Remove paper towel and bacon, leaving extra drippings in casserole.
Add potatoes and 1 2/3 cups water.
Cook covered, 6 minutes.
Stir in crumbled... - 44.2439
Red Cabbage Deluxe
Cut cabbage into small wedges; remove core.
Cut apple and onion in quarters.
Fill blender container with half the vegetables; cover with cold water.
Blend till vegetables are coarsely chopped; drain.
Melt butter or margarine in heavy skillet.
Add... - 44.1806
Wash the spinach thoroughly.
Drain and dry well.
Tear leaves into bite-sized pieces.
Place in a large wooden salad bowl.
Slice and add to salad bowl.
Fry bacon until crisp.
Drain on paper towels, then crumble.
Place half the bacon in the... - 44.1768
Spinach Salad With Crisp Red Chiles
Discard spinach stems and any yellow or wilted leaves; wash spinach and pat dry.
Wrap in paper towels, enclose in plastic bags, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
Also discard tough watercress stems and yellow leaves; wash and crisp... - 44.0851
Romertopf Brussels Sprouts
1) Clean the sprouts.
2) Skin the tomatoes and quater them.
3) Slice the onions.
4) In the soaked Romertopf, place all sprouts, onions and tomatoes.
5) Grate lots of nutmeg and sprinkle on sprouts..
6) Pour the stock in claypot and add... - 44.0426
Red Cabbage With Orange
1. Strip the outer leaves from the red cabbage and discard.
2. Cut the cabbage into quarters, remove and discard the core.
3. Finely shred the cabbage with a sharp knife or in the food processor if you like. .
4. Place in a bowl of cold salted... - 44.0293
Quick Black Forest Cake
Stir kirsch into pie filling.
Place one cake layer on serving plate.
Spoon pie filling evenly over cake layer.
Whip cream with sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
Spread about 2 cups evenly over cherries.
Top with second cake layer.
Spread remaining... - 43.8378
Pear And Raisin Strudel
In a large bowl, combine the pears, raisins, maple syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
To keep the dough from drying out as you work, unroll it onto a counter and cover with a barely damp towel.
Peel off 1 sheet and place it flat on a dry section of the... - 43.6709
Streusel Fruit Bars
Grease a 33 X 23 cm/13 X 9 inch square tin.
In a small saucepan combine the chopped fruits, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ginger.
Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from the heat, stir in the bananas and cool.
Beat the sugar and butter until light... - 43.4646
Snap off tough ends of asparagus spears.
Remove scales from spears with a knife or vegetable peeler, if desired.
Cut asparagus spears diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
Arrange asparagus pieces in a vegetable steamer over boiling water.
Cover and steam 4 to 5... - 43.2055
Spicy Red Cabbage With Apple And Cilantro
Cut the 1/2 head of cabbage in half again and cut out the cores.
Slice the cabbage very thin, less than 1/8 inch thick, preferably using a mandoline, cabbage shredder, or the shredding disk of a food processor.
Heat the oil with the red... - 43.1714
Fettuccine With Asparagus
Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the garlic until it is sizzling but not brown.
Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and parsley.
Cook at alow boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
Break up the tomatoes.
Add the asparagus (frozen or... - 43.0393
Baked Squash Bavarian
1) Cut the squashes into halves lengthwise.
2) Remove the seeds and boil squsahes in salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
3) Drain them and scoop out pulp and keep the pulp aside along with empty shells.
4) In a mixing bowl,... - 43.0156
Party Fruit Kuchen
1. Drain apricots, reserving liquid.
2. On serving plate place cake layer and prick surface with fork.
3. Spoon 1/4 cup reserved apricot liquid over cake.
4. Make pattern of fruit over top of cake, alternating 1 pear half with 2 apricot... - 42.9813
Spicy Asparagus With Red Bell Pepper And Herbs
1. In a large pot, bring slightly salted water to a boil
2. In a Dutch oven over medium flame, heat olive oil, add garlic and saute till it is soft and fragrant
3. Add bell pepper, jalapeno, white portion of the scallions and a pinch of salt; saute all... - 42.6939
Root Vegetable Cakes
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the celery root, parsnip, rutabaga and kohlrabi; blanch until almost tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a colander and refresh under cold running... - 42.5216
Apple Strudel Like Bundles
Spray a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with non-stick coating; set aside.
In a small mixing bowl stir together sugar and cinnamon; reserve 1 teaspoon of the mixture and set aside.In a medium saucepan combine apples, raisins, and water.
Bring to boil, reduce... - 42.3415
Red Cabbage Parcels
1. Plunge washed cabbage leaves into boiling salted water for a couple of minutes and drain completely
2. In a pan, add salted water and cook the broccoli in it for seven minutes; drain completely and cut into florets
3. In a bowl, beat cream cheese... - 42.3348
Asparagus And Tomato Layer
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Rinse the asparagus stalks thoroughly in cold water. Trim the base of each spear, leaving about ¾-inch of the harder white stalk.
3) In a pan large enough to hold them while they are... - 41.6407
Potato Beet Salad
1. Thoroughly chill the sliced potatoes, green beans and beets.
2. In a bowl, toss with celery, onion and radishes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Toss with Horseradish Dressing.
4. Serve the Potato Beet Salad immediately... - 41.5474
Asparagus Par Excellence
1) In a large skillet, pour water and turn on the flame.
2) To the skillet add onion, green pepper and allow the water to come to a rapid boil.
3) Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
4) Cover the skillet and let cook over low flame for about 5... - 41.4807
German Summer Salad Soup
1. Combine the scallions, tomatoes, bell pepper, radishes, and celery heart in a large bowl. Stir in the lettuce shreds.
2. In a small bowl, combine the salt, black pepper, sugar, vinegar and 1 cup of water. Stir to dissolve the salt.
3. Pour the seasoned... - 41.3733
Bacon Red Cabbage And Apples
In a medium skillet heat the bacon drippings. (Electric skillet 350°.)
Blend in brown sugar, vinegar, water, salt, and pepper.
Insert the whole cloves into onion.
Add onion, shredded cabbage, and sliced apple to skillet.
Cover; reduce heat (220°).
Cook,... - 41.2383
Spicy Lentil Soup
Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
Add the garlic, onion, and ginger, and fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
Add the parsnip, potato, and celery to the pan and continue to fry gently for 3 minutes.
Stir the curry paste through the vegetables and cook for a further... - 41.1984
Easy Sweet Sour Red Cabbage
1. Remove and discard wilted outer leaves of cabbage.
2. Quarter and cut core then shred coarsely.
3. In a large saucepan, cover the cabbage with water and stir in brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
4. Partially cover the pan with a lid... - 41.1631
Black Forest Torte
1) As per package directions prepare cake mix.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
3) Into 2 greased and floured 8" round layer pans, pour batter and then bake for 20 to 25 minutes in preheated oven.
4) Allow to cool thoroughly.
5)... - 41.0805
Granny Smith Apple Strudel
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Place apple in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or just until apple is tender. Drain; cool completely.
3. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a... - 40.9788
Brandied Cherry Sauce
1. Drain cherries, reserving the syrup.
2. Remove ¼ cup of syrup and blend in corn starch. Set aside.
3. Add enough water to the remaining syrup to equal 1 1/4 cups.
4. In medium (1 ½ quart ) microwaveable bowl, combine syrup-water... - 40.916
German Sauerkraut Rolls
Drain juice from kraut.
In skillet, heat oil or shortening; stir in kraut; add salt and pepper to taste.
Fry about 20 minutes, or until browned; cool.
Mix flour and salt; add eggs and water.
Knead until dough is smooth and clastic, like noodle dough.
On... - 40.9081
Wash, dry & tear spinach.
Chop egg & add, then crumble bacon over top.
Dress with dressing made by mixing egg yolk with seasonings until smooth.
Slowly add oil (1 tablespoon at a time), slowly add vinegar.
Toss with salad. - 40.9024
German Vegetarian Recipes By Category
German Vegetarian Restriction: