- » German Sour Rye
German Sour Rye Recipes
Enjoy our collection of german sour rye recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for german sour rye recipes.
Simple Sour Rye Bread
1) In a mixing bowl, combine 7 cups of flour, water and sourdough starter.
2) Let stand covered in a warm place for 8 hours or overnight.
3) Then, add the remaining flour. Mix well.
4) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5) In oiled pans,... - 38.4439
German Sour Rye
Combine sour-dough starter with all liquids and 6 cups of rye flour and mix well.
Let stand in warm place at least 3 hours (the longer it stands, the more sour the taste).
Set aside and refrigerate 1 cup of mixture as sourdough starter for next... - 34.7108
You May Also Like!
Dark Rye Bread
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Take a small bowl with warm water, dissolve yeast and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes for yeast mixture to turn bubbly.
3. Place a saucepan with buttermilk on medium heat and heat it. Transfer to a... - 47.5345
Hot German Beer Soup Heisse Biersuppe
1. In a large, heavy bottomed saucepan, combine beer and sugar
2. Heat over low flame, stirring until sugar dissolves and without boiling.
3. In a bowl, blend together the egg yolks, sour cream, flour, cinnamon, and seasoning, beating until smooth.
4.... - 49.604
Here is a delicious sandwich to make with corned beef. You will need sauerkraut for this. You can use store bought or make your own. Sauerkraut is quite simple to make and is always tastier when made at home! This sandwich is traditionally made with rye... - 120.79
The Double Reuben
1. For making creamy style Russian dressing – in a bowl take all the ingredients and mix well.
1. Heat a non-stick pan and sauté sauerkraut; place the corn beef over it followed by Swiss cheese slices. Set aside.
2. Dry roast the rye... - 92.8677
Sauerbraten is an easy to prepare side dish which you will simply love. I bet, you will surely get a huge fan following for this one! - 36.1243
1) In a medium saucepan, add the sauerkraut, apple and sugar, bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 15 minutes, drain well.
2) In a medium frying pan, horizontally split and saute the sausages in the butter or margarine, until lightly browned.
3)... - 42.9141
Quick Onion Kuchen
Quick Onion Kuchen is a very tempting side dish that you must try out. Onion Kuchen tastes good with many recipes. Prepare the Onion Kuchen recipe effortlessly in a jiffy and let us know after you've enjoyed it ! - 36.5973
Dilly Beef Sandwiches
1) In a bowl, whisk together cream cheese and sour cream.
2) Fold in the pickle and dill weed.
3) Smear one side of each bread slice liberally with the cheese mixture.
4) Arrange few slices of meat, lettuce leaf and tomato slice over 4 bread slices.
5)... - 41.1913
Reuben Meat Loaf
In large bowl, combine beef, pork, bread crumbs, onions, egg, mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire and salt; mix well.
Pack half the meat mixture into 10-cup (2.5 L) round casserole or baking dish.
Layer with sauerkraut, cheese and remaining meat... - 40.113