- » German Sauerkraut
German Sauerkraut Recipes
Enjoy our collection of german sauerkraut recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for german sauerkraut recipes.
Red Cabbage Sauerkraut
Sauerkraut or pickled cabbage is a German recipe is something that you want to do with your cabbage. Watch this video, and see how the chef does it. It is simple method and stays in refrigerator for few days. Homemade sauerkraut is definitely better than the... - 117.285
Mustard Glazed Sausages With Sauerkraut Relish
To make the relish, place the sauerkraut in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
Drain well, then squeeze with your hands to remove the excess water.
In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, sugar and pepper.
Stir and... - 45.387
Sauerkraut Sausage Stuffed Peppers
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Oil the baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil.
3) Cut off the small strips from if necessary so the peppers can stand still.
4) Rinse the peppers in the cold water.
5) In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and... - 45.3689
Pork With Steamed Spiced Sauerkraut
1. Preheat oven to 325 °F.
2. In a pan brown onions lightly in margarine, add sugar, water and sauerkraut, toss with a fork such that well separated and add grated potato.
3. In a 2-quart casserole put sauerkraut mixture, burrow hole in... - 45.2525
1) In skillet, heat butter and sautÃ© the onion for 5 minutes or until tender.
2) Add ham and corned beef and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in garlic salt, mustard, parsley, pepper, sauerkraut, 1/2 cup flour and beef stock.
4)... - 45.2505
1. Drain sauerkraut, rinse with water and drain again.
2. In a saucepan, mix sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil.
3. Let the mixture cool down.
4. In large bowl, place sauerkraut and add celery, onion and green pepper to... - 45.1453
Pork Loin With Sauerkraut And Apples
Put pork on rack in shallow baking pan.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake in preheated slow oven (325°F.) for 2 1/2 hours.
Combine sauerkraut, tomato sauce, 1/2 cup of the molasses, and the vinegar.
Pour off excess fat from pan in which pork is... - 44.9648
Baked Sauerkraut And Corned Beef Hash
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Pierce the cloves into the onion.
3) Drain the sauerkraut and rinse in cold water.
4) Butter a shallow baking dish.
5) In a saucepan, place the sauerkraut, add onion, water, bouillon cube, and thyme.
6)... - 44.9102
Braised Pheasant With Sauerkraut
Let pheasant marinate overnight.
Drain sauerkraut and add bouillon, caraway seeds, and wine.
Crush juniper berries and add them or, optionally, 3 tablespoons gin.
Simmer for 1 hour.
Meanwhile drain pheasant and cut it into pieces.
Brown in hot shortening,... - 44.7518
Boil the sauerkraut for 20 minutes in salted water; drain off the water.
Fry the onion in 4 tablespoons [60 ml.] of the lard until it turns pale yellow; add the garlic, pork, salt and a little pepper, and dust with paprika.
Then fry the whole slowly for 10 to... - 44.5721
Knuckle Of Pork With Sauerkraut
1) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
2) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3) Then, boil the knuckle for an hour so that it is half cooked.
4) In the bottom of the soaked Romertopf, put the sauerkraut.
5) Then, shred one half of the apple.
7)... - 44.5666
Baby Back Ribs And Sauerkraut
Sprinkle ribs on all sides with pepper and 1 tablespoon of the paprika; arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
Bake in a 450° oven until well browned (25 to 30 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a 4-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine sauerkraut,... - 44.5627
German Meat Loaf With Sauerkraut Potatoes
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl mix onion, salt, pepper, herbs and eggs.
3) Add broth and mix well.
4) Add meat and bread crumbs to the egg mixture. Mix thoroughly.
5) Place half mixture in the bottom of a 9"... - 44.5232
In a heavy pot, saute the onion in the fat until it is golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the sauerkraut, unwashed or very briefly rinsed, and cook for five minutes, stirring with a fork.
Add the wine, apple, then the juniper berries.
Pour on enough stock almost... - 44.4685
German Fish With Sauerkraut
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Cut the fish fillets into 2-inch-wide strips.
3) In a bowl, combine together the mushrooms and sauerkraut
4) In shallow 1 1/2 to 2-quart baking dish spread the sauerkraut mixture evenly.
5) Sprinkle... - 44.4317
Sauerkraut Salad With Worcestershire Sauce
1) Pour off the liquid from the sauerkraut and drain well.
2) Place the sauerkraut in a bowl.
3) Stir in green pepper, celery, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar, seasoning, garlic salt and sweetener.
4) Cover the bowl and place in... - 44.302
Pork And Sauerkraut
1) With salt pork, rub a heavy, large kettle.
2) Score the salt pork.
3) Cut the roast into 3 or 4 big pieces.
4) In the bottom of the kettle, place the meat.
5) Over the meat, add the sauerkraut.
6) Gradually add onions, peppercorns,... - 44.1737
Savory Sauerkraut Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, cook the dried Lima beans according to package directions, but for a few minutes less than the stated time.
3) Drain the beans.
4) Drain sauerkraut and rinse in cold water and drain.
5) Butter a... - 44.1283
Pork And Sauerkraut Skillet Dinner
Spread flour on waxed paper and coat both sides of pork chops with flour.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the chops.
Brown for 3 minutes on each side, then remove the chops.
Add onion, salt and pepper to skillet and saute for 1... - 43.3273
Duck With Fruit And Sauerkraut
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop pepper finely.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the sauerkraut, fruits and pepper.
4. Cut the duck into pieces and season with salt and pepper.
5. Into a soaked Romertopf, pour the... - 42.7194
Spareribs And Sauerkraut
Quickly brown spareribs in butter in hot skillet.
Rinse sauerkraut and mix with the carrot, caraway seed, and pepper; put half in roasting pan.
Cover with half the onion and apple rings and top with the browned spareribs.
Spoon remaining sauerkraut over... - 42.2278
German Sauerkraut Rolls
Drain juice from kraut.
In skillet, heat oil or shortening; stir in kraut; add salt and pepper to taste.
Fry about 20 minutes, or until browned; cool.
Mix flour and salt; add eggs and water.
Knead until dough is smooth and clastic, like noodle dough.
On... - 40.9081
1) Take a skillet and melt fat in it. Add onions and meat. Cook until brown in color.
2) Sprinkle with pepper, salt and paprika.
3) Cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes.
4) Add sauerkraut and cook for another 10 minutes.
5) Stir in water... - 40.8616
Sausage Sauerkraut Supper
1) In a slow cooker, arrange potatoes, carrots, and sauerkraut in layers.
2) In a skillet, brown sausage and transfer to the cooker.
3) Reserve the pan drippings and saute onion and garlic in it.
4) Drizzle wine, let it boil, and the sprinkle pepper... - 40.8141
Frankfurters With Sauerkraut
1) Wash the sauerkraut thoroughly in chilled water, remove water and squeeze dry.
2) Take a baking dish and arrange the bacon slices in it.
3) Cook on high in the microwave for 3 minutes till crisp.
4) In the baking dish, add the... - 40.6507
Bratwurst And Sauerkraut
1) Into a skillet, add in the butter and add in the cooked bratwurst
2) Fry the sausages till evenly browned
3) Place them onto absorbent kitchen towel to drain
4) Into the remaining butter, saute the onion till soft and then add in the sauerkraut,... - 40.4216
Skillet Franks And Sauerkraut
1. In a large frying pan, cook bacon until fat begins to melt; with a ladle, push bacon to one side and saute onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Put in sauerkraut; saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add in apple juice, sugar and caraway seeds.
4. Grate in half the... - 40.3984
German Sauerkraut Stuffing
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and apple and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
Blend in sauerkraut, caraway seed and juniper berries.
Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add... - 39.9245
Knockwurst And Sauerkraut
1. In a colander, place Sauerkraut and clean with cold water. Drain off excess water.
2. In a large sauce pan, keep 2 quarts water to boil.
3. Once boiled, add Knockwurst and cover.
4. Remove from flame and allow this to stand for 5 to 8... - 39.7799
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the sauerkraut, bean sprouts, celery, onions and green pepper. Keep aside.
2) In a pan, combine the honey, vinegar and water and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Cool the mixture well.
4) Over the sauerkraut mixture, pour... - 39.6114
1. In a stock pot or a large skillet, melt the butter over a medium flame.
2. Add the onion and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
3. Tip in the sauerkraut and stir.
4. Cover pot with a lid and allow the cabbage to simmer for... - 38.6396
German Fresh Ham And Sauerkraut
Cut ham into 4 pieces, slash on edge to keep it from curling; rub well with seasoned flour.
Preheat large Browning Skillet in Radarange oven 4 1/2 minutes, add oil and floured meat.
Cook in oven uncovered 4 minutes, turning pieces over after 2 minutes.
Add... - 38.4972
In an earthenware or tin-lined copper pot, cook the onion in the goose fat or lard until it is golden.
Add the sauerkraut.
Cook for five minutes, stirring with a fork, and add the wine, apple and juniper berries.
Pour in enough stock almost to cover the... - 37.8329
Bavarian Pork Chops With Sauerkraut
In 8 x 8 -in baking dish, combine sauerkraut, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper, caraway and apple.
Top with pork chops.
Brush each chop with Worcestershire sauce.
Cover with waxed paper.
Microwave at High 5 minutes.
Rearrange chops; reduce power... - 36.6731
Hot Sauerkraut And Bean Salad
1) In a saucepan, combine sauerkraut, celery seeds, tomato juice, pepper and minced onion.
2) Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
3) Add beans and cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
4) Spoon into bowl to form a mound.
5) Sprinkle with the parsley and... - 36.1937
1) In the saucepan, heat fat and sautÃ© the onion for 5 minutes or until tender.
2) Stir in, bacon or pork, sauerkraut, salt caraway and white wine.
3) Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) Add grated potato and simmer for 30 minutes longer, stirring... - 35.3239
Sauerkraut And Hot Dogs
1. In 12x8-inch glass dish blend sauerkraut, onion, brown sugar, caraway seeds, beer, flour, hot dogs and apple.
2. Microwave (high), covered, 8-10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
3. Let it rest, covered, 5 minutes and serve with... - 34.8329
1) Remove the core and shred cabbage finely into 1/16-inch shreds.
2) In a bowl, mix cabbage with salt.
3) Pack cabbage firmly into the jar and cover with a clean cloth.
4) Put a plate on the cloth and weight it with a piece of wood board, so... - 34.0759
Cook onion in shortening until golden brown.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
Add potato, caraway seeds, and boiling water to cover.
Simmer, uncovered, over low heat for 30 minutes.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes... - 33.8907
Apples And Sauerkraut
Apples And Sauerkraut are a personal favorite when it comes to parties! I love the flavors of this yummy dish and the way it lights up a spread. This is definitely a unique Apples And Sauerkraut recipe. So what are you waiting for? Try it! - 33.8886
1) In a salad bowl, combine together all ingredients.
2) Garnish with paprika and chives after turning the salad into a salad bowl.
3) Serve at once with cheese. - 33.7549
Cooked Pork And Sauerkraut
Place butter or bacon drippings in 2-quart casserole.
MICROWAVE on HIGH until melted.
Stir in sauerkraut and spread evenly.
Arrange pork slices and sauerkraut in a plate.
Season with salt and pepper.
Pour water over all.
MICROWAVE 8 MINUTES on HIGH, or until... - 33.622
Boil the sauerkraut in salted water for 10 minutes and drain well.
Heat the bacon in a heavy pan until the fat runs.
Add the sauerkraut, carrot, onion and bouquet garni and season with salt and pepper.
Pour in enough stock to cover the cabbage and bring to a... - 33.5076
Hearty Sauerkraut Soup
1 Drain the sauerkraut well.
2 In a large saucepan, mix all the ingredients and heat to boiling.
3 Serve with chunks of crusty Italian whole-wheat bread and butter. - 32.7471
German Style Bratwurst & Sauerkraut
Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon; drain and crumble on paper towel. Set aside. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Add onion and garlic to drippings; cook over medium heat until tender, stirring... - 32.3536
1) In a small saucepan, heat the margarine over a medium heat until hot and bubbly, stir in the flour, stir constantly and cook for 1 minute.
2) Add the sauerkraut and caraway seed, mix well.
3) Simmer covered on a low heat, stirring occasionally for 4... - 32.3205
Sauerkraut And Knockwurst
1) In a slow cooker, place together apples, onions and seasonings.
2) Stir the sausage in the sauerkraut mixture.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 4 to 5 hours or until tender.
4) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired. - 31.9827
German Style Pork Chops And Sauerkraut
In 8-inch square glass baking dish, arrange chops with thickest meaty areas to outside edges.
Sprinkle evenly with onion.
Spread sauerkraut over onion.
Sprinkle with caraway seeds.
Pour beer over meat and sauerkraut mixture; cover with vented plastic... - 31.0286
1.Drain and chop sauerkraut.
2.Combine sugar, oil and vinegar in a large mixing bowl; beat until thoroughly blended.
3.Add sauerkraut, celery, onion, green pepper and pimiento to mixture in bowl; stir well.
4.Refrigerate for 2 days. - 30.7539
1. Saute the onion and apples in the drippings.
2. Add to the sauerkraut with the water, sugar and salt. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
3. Add the grated potato and caraway seeds. Cook 5 minutes longer. - 30.6574
Salt Pork Hocks With Sauerkraut
Soak the hocks in cold water for a few hours.
Then sweat the onion in the lard in a large casserole, and add the sauerkraut, bay leaf, juniper berries and just enough water to prevent the sauerkraut from burning.
Put the pork hocks on top, cover the casserole... - 30.5526
Pigs Knuckles And Sauerkraut
1.In a pot, place whole knuckles in boiling water
2.Now cover the pot and simmer for 2 1/2-3 hours, until meat is tender
3.Just 20 minutes before serving, pour off most of the water and add sauerkraut
5.Serve with salads and... - 29.3489
Layer the sauerkraut and vegetables in a small bowl.
Mix dressing and pour over mixture.
Let age 24 hours drain - 28.1039
Combine all ingredients in large saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium.
Simmer 15 minutes or until apples are tender and liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally.
Remove bay leaf and juniper berries before serving. - 27.8684
Sauerkraut ( German Cabbage )
Rub and clean wooden tub with vinegar and cover the bottom with outside leaves of large white cabbage.
Shred the remainder of the cabbage mixed with the salt and pack into tub until it is filled.
Cover with more cabbage leaves, sprinkle freely again with salt... - 26.3747
Frankfurters And Sauerkraut
1. Heat the drippings in a large frying pan, add the sauerkraut, sugar, apple and water. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until the apple is tender.
2. Top with frankfurters sliced lengthwise. Cover and simmer 10 minutes more. - 26.3322
German Bratwurst And Sauerkraut
Cook sausage in 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet until browned; remove from skillet, and drain well.
Saute onion in remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet until tender; stir in sauerkraut, tomatoes, and brown sugar.
Cook until thoroughly... - 24.979
In ungreased 2 or 2 1/2-quart casserole, combine all ingredients.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes until heated thoroughly. - 24.0113
Libby's Sauerkraut Salad
Mix all ingredients.
Cover tightly and refrigerate over night.
Serve on lettuce leaves or as a meat accompaniment. - 23.7878
Sauerkraut Made In Jars
Shred cabbage fine and place with salt in a large pan, mixing well.
Pack solidly in sterilized jars.
Fill the jars with cold water to within 1/2 inch of jar tops and seal tightly.
Sauerkraut will ferment for 3 to 4 days and be ready to use in 4 to 6 weeks. - 20.6904
German Sauerkraut Recipes By Category