- » German Main Dish
German Main Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of german main dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for german main dish recipes.
Easter Bunny Stew - Rabbit Stew
This year, we made a tender and delicious Easter Bunny Stew. Using the tried and true method of slow braising, we made a succulent and delicious rabbit that I'm sure you are going to love. This Hasenpfeffer inspired recipe features the notes of red wine,... - 116.354
Black Forest Grinder
1. Slice the bread lengthwise and generously cover one half with sandwich spread and the other half with Whole Grain Mustard.
2. Place a layer of the sliced pickle on the half spread with mustard.
3. Top with Black Forest ham, Black Forest bologna,... - 97.7296
Meat Loaf With Dill
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Place meat in a large mixing bowl and break it up into small pieces.
3. Add all the ingredients except the ketchup. Mix well. This is best done with your hands, which are well scrubbed, of... - 94.8125
if you are really craving for the authentic Currywurst, then you could try this out. This recipe offers you almost same flavor and taste as you get in any gourmet German restaurant. But you need to learn the correct method. Watch the video and follow the... - 94.7222
Hot German Potato Salad
A hot German potato salad is always a good answer for a quick and healthy meal, when you don't have enough time to prepare a full meat but you have to get nutritious food. Amy shows how you can get this special meal prepared in no time when running short of... - 93.8133
Homemade Beef Burgers
This Homemade Beef Burgers recipe is a great way to learn making burgers at home. Watch this video to find out how you can make a nice burger with just a few ingredients and impress your loved ones. - 92.4512
Spatzle With Pork Chops
Making Spatzle at home could be a lot of hassle and the taste is not very different from the boxed Spatzle. So, the chef is making some quick Spatzle to serve with pork chops. Crispy pork chops and spatzels are delicious when paired together. A must try for... - 92.1918
My Germans Style Veal Schnitzel
1) Pound the meat thin by placing the cutlet between sheets of plastic wrap for easier washing up. Use a heavy, flat-surface pan to pound if you don’t have a meat mallet.
2) Pound the meat evenly to 1/4 inch thickness.
3) Set up 3... - 86.0299
Quick And Easy Roasted Bratwurst
This video on Quick and Easy Roasted Bratwurst is the second part of homemade Bratwurst by chef Scott. You can try this with store bought bratwursts and roast them on a outdoor grill or in an oven if you live in a apartment or if its rainy outside. Scott... - 80.5533
Bratwurst Beer Burger
All you people who love mixing your food with alcohol, well you definitely have to check out this video of the delicious and unique Bratwurst Beer Burger. A very easy and simple dish to prepare, also very unique. Everyone should definitely try out the... - 79.194
Easy Baked Stollen
In Germany, this Stollen has always been a favorite at households. A very traditional Christmas time sweet bread, Stollen is so rich with fruits and nuts and has this so welcoming falvor that is loved by all!. Give this amazing traditional bread a try! - 52.1366
Cheese Sauced Schnitzel
Cut veal into 4 pieces.
Place 1 piece of veal between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap.
Working from the center to the edges, pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness.
Repeat with remaining veal.
Sprinkle lightly with pepper, if desired.
In a shallow bowl... - 49.412
Sauerbraten With Crab Apples
Drain apples, reserving 1 cup syrup.
Return apples to jar, then cover and chill.
For marinade, combine reserved syrup, vinegar, onion, cloves, bay leaf, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes; cool.
Place roast in a plastic... - 49.183
Eel In Dill Sauce
1.Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2.Add a sprinkling of lemon juice and salt on fish and leave it for some time.
3.Take a soaked Romertopf, place the fish in it.
4.Pour stock and wine and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
5. Add... - 48.9561
Strasbourg Goose Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the goose into pieces as desired.
3. In a non stick skillet, fry goose meat until browned well on all sides.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Cut onion into halves.
6. Peel quince, stone and... - 48.7561
Shrimp Kabobs And Warm Spinach Salad
1. Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for atleast 30 minutes beforehand to prevent them burning during the cooking process
2. In a large shallow glass bowl or a food grade cooking bag, tip the wine, oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic and... - 47.8687
Simple Sauerbraten With Red Wine
In large glass bowl, combine roast, onion, carrot, celery, vinegar, water, wine and spices.
Marinate, covered, in refrigerator 3 days, turning roast occasionally.
Set Power Select at HIGH.
Prepare cooking bag according to package directions; place roast,... - 47.7796
Round Steak Sauerbraten
This Round Steak Sauerbraten is a great meal idea for a lazy Sunday afternoon. A one dish meal that would give you a lot of free time to spend with family. Enjoy!! - 47.7456
Chicken With Corn
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Joint the chicken.
3. In a non stick frying pan, heat a little butter and brown chicken along with chopped onion.
4. In a soaked RomertopF, place chicken and add corn and mushrooms.
5. Pour... - 47.7309
Beef And Kraut Platter
1) Into an electric skillet, add the water, chili sauce, onion soup mix, caraway seeds, paprika pepper and the meat
2) Cover and cook the meat on medium heat
3) Skim off the fat every now and then
4) Tip in the brown sugar and sauerkraut into the... - 47.5555
Brine Soaked Pork Loin
For the brine, begin preparing 1 day before serving.
Mix all brine ingredients together in a 6 quart (6 1) saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool.
For the pork, add pork loin to the brine... - 47.4193
1. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, water, spices, salt and sugar and bring to a quick boil
2. Stir in sliced onions keep aside till cool.
3. Stir in oil.
4. Place the roast in a deep pan.
5. Pour marinade over the roast
6. Marinate in the... - 47.3521
1. In a large bowl, mix together onions, lemon, red wine vinegar, cloves, bay leaf, peppercorns, sugar, ginger, 2 1/2 cups water and 1 tablespoon salt.
2. Add beef roast and turn to coat on all sides.
3. Cover bowl and refrigerate for about 1... - 47.2414
Bavarian Pot Roast
This is a lip smacking Bavarian Pot Roast recipe which will knockout anyone who eats it. Excuse my excitement. There is not a single month when I don't serve this yummy Main Dish! Whenever I have German friends visiting I always prepare Bavarian Pot Roast... - 47.194
Fish Fillets With Mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop the onion.
3. Into a soaked RomertopF, line bottom with a layer of fish and then add a layer of sliced bacon, sliced mushroom and finally sliced tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle chopped onion on... - 47.049
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Place a large Dutch over or casserole, over a medium high flame on the stove.
3. Add the lard and allow it to melt.
4. When fat is hot, add the meat and brown evenly on both sides.
5. Remove the meat... - 47.0395
Beef A La Esterhazy
Beef A La Esterhazy is delicious in taste. Beef A La Esterhazy gets its taste from beef mixed with flour and cream. Beef A La Esterhazy is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 47.0061
Frankfurter Crown Casserole
1. Preheat oven at 400°F
2. In a skillet add butter or margarine and cook the bacon till it gets crisp. Remove and crumble it when crisp.
3. Pour of the drippings and cook onions in it till it gets tender.
4. Add soup, vinegar, water,... - 46.9546
Chicken In Burgundy
1. Wash chicken and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add a little lemon juice to the chicken.
3. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Into a soaked RomertopF, place the chicken and cover with slices of bacon.
5. In a bowl, mix cream... - 46.8648
Devilishly Delicious Barbecued Pork Loin
1) Preheat the grilling equipment, 15 minutes before cooking.
2) Take a large piece of a heavy duty aluminum foil and place pork on it.
3) Now, lavishly drizzle lemon-pepper seasoning, caraway seeds and seasoned salt on the pork loin.
4)... - 46.8333
Mix together wine, vinegar, water, onion, lemon, pickling spice, salt and sugar.
Place meat in a deep bowl and pour the liquid mixture over the meat.
Cover and refrigerate for 48 hours, turning the meat twice a day.
Remove meat from the refrigerator 1 hour... - 46.7659
Red Cabbage In The Pot
1 Wash the cabbage throughly.
2 Shred finely,removing central core, ribs and outer leaves.
3 In a saucepan, add butter and cook the cabbage , covered, for 5 minutes.
4 In a deep, ovenproof casserole arrange cabbage, onion and apples in layers... - 46.6948
Pork Brunswick Stew
1. Mix together pork, crumbs, milk, 3/4-teaspoon salt, and sage; mix well.
2. Shape into 36 one-inch balls.
3. In Dutch oven heat oil and brown meatballs, half at a time.
4. Drain off the fat and return all meatballs to the Dutch... - 46.6266
Sauerbraten Using Wine Vinegar
1.Make a mixture of vinegar, water, salt, pepper, onions, celery flakes and pickling spice.
2.Marinate the meat in it and leave covered for 2 hours.
3.Put sugar to the meat and cook on low flame for 3 hours after putting the lid... - 46.526
Easy Red Wine Sauerbraten
1) Take a bowl and mix bay leaves, cloves, carrots and onions along with salt and pepper.
2) Add vinegar and wine to the bowl and marinate the meat in the mixture for 3 days.
3) Keep it refrigerated and turn the meat over once every day.
4)... - 46.4742
Parisian Chicken Pie
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Debone the chicken before cooking.
3. Into the soaked Romertopf, place the chicken and add butter to it.
4. Place the Romertopf in oven and cook for 30 minutes.
5. In a saucepan, place eggs... - 46.4514
Chicken In Beer
1. Wash chicken and place on a board, breast-side down.
2. Use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut along the backbone on both sides and remove the backbone.
3. Lightly flatten chicken with a saucer and cut in half lengthwise through the... - 46.4481
Easy Sauerbraten - German Sour Pot Roast
1. To prepare the meat for marinating, tie the meat with a string around the edges, inorder to keep it’s shape. Place in a large glass bowl.
2. In a 4 cup measure or medium-size bowl, mix vinegar, wine, salt, pepper and allspice. Pour... - 46.4481
1) Take a deep bowl and combine vinegar, soup, bay leaves, peppercorns, cloves and vinegar in it.
2) Add meat to this mixture and cover the bowl. Refrigerate for 2 days, turning the meat twice every day.
3) Take a large pan and pour... - 46.3152
1. In a large bowl, tip in the salt, red wine, vinegar, peppers, cloves, bay leaves, ginger, mustard, and thyme and mix together
2. Add the meat to the bowl. Seal it with foil and then cover the bowl
3. Set aside the bowl for four days in the... - 46.2774
Roast Chicken With Stuffing And Gravy
1. In a saucepan, prepare the stuffing by melting the butter and olive oil together over low heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the oil butter mix and cover with butter paper and cook over a low heat. This will turn the onions soft but not... - 46.2771
Stuffed Breast Of Veal
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
3) With salt and lemon juice, rub the meat.
4) In a bowl, combine the mince, chopped onions, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper to prepare a stuffing. Add a little stock... - 46.264
Sauerbraten With Sauce And Marinade
Sauerbraten is a German delicacy. Sauerbraten is made of boneless beef marinated by vinegar flavored mixture and cooked with apple syrup sauce. Sauerbraten is inspired by many food joints around the world. - 46.1965
Chicken Reuben Sandwich
1. To prepare the apple core, peel and cut it into 1/2-inch dice and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Draining the beets, rinse them under cold water, drain them again and pat them dry.
3. Toss the beets together with the apples in the bowl... - 46.1653
German Lentil Stew With Knackwurst
1) In a 6 quarts pressure cooker, add the lentils, ham bone pieces, ham hocks, cloves studded onion, bay leaf, coriander and garlic.
2) Then pour in the chicken bouillon and wine, place the lid, bring the pressure up to 15 pounds and cook for 20... - 46.0983
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season the partridges well with salt and lemon juice; rub with hands to ensure it is well seasoned.
3. Using a knife, chop the partridge-'s heart and liver.
4. In a bowl, toss the meat with butter,... - 46.0355
German Veal With Almonds
1. Place each veal cutlet between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound thin using a mallet hammer or bottom of a small pan.
2. Slice the tong into thin strips. Keep aside.
3. In a shallow wide bowl, beat eggs with a little water. Keep aside
4.... - 45.9818
1. Season meat rubbed with cut garlic surface using pepper and salt.
2. Take a large glass or ceramic dish, place the meat and sprinkle cloves, celery and onion.
3. In a saucepan, prepare a mixture of water, sugar and vinegar, keep on medium... - 45.9509
Pork Ham And Veal Pie
1) Cut veal into thin strips.
2) Place in a bowl with bay leaves, brandy and a pinch of salt.
3) Leave to marinate overnight.
4) Cut ham into thin strips, add to veal and leave to marinate for another 2 hours.
5) Preheat the oven to... - 45.9421
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) In a broiling pan over a rack, place the beef 5 to 6 inches from heat source and broil for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, turning once, until evenly browned .
3) In a 4-quart saucepan, saute the carrot,... - 45.8937
Romertopf Mushroom Goulash
1) 1Chop the bacon.
2) Chop the onion.
3) Wash the fungi and slice them.
4) Peel the potatoes, boil them and grate them.
5) Soak the Romertopf.
6) Heat the oven to 400 F-Gas mark 6.
7) In a frying pan, fry bacon for a few minutes on its... - 45.8672
Roast Hen Turkey With German Style Dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F
2. Rub salt and pepper on inside and out of turkey.
3. Seal the body cavities with a skewer or stitch with needle and kitchen thread.
4. Place trussed turkey, breast-side down, on roasting rack over a pan... - 45.8606
Rub roast with salt and place in a large bowl.
Combine vinegar, water, onions, bay leaves, celery tops, peppercorns, carrot, thyme, garlic, cloves, and brown sugar.
Pour over meat, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in refrigerator for three days, turning... - 45.8103
1. Clear and cut the hare.
2. In a large mixing bowl, put together 1 cup red wine, 1/2 cup wine vinegar, 1 small carrot and 1 small onion, both chopped fine, 1 bay leaf, pinch parsley and thyme.
3. Add the hare meat and mix well to marinate.
4.... - 45.7615
Sauerbraten Style Stir Ery
Partially freeze beef; cut on the bias into thin bite-size strips.
For marinade, stir together water, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, crushed peppercorns, and ginger.
Stir in onion, lemon slices, cloves, and bay leaf.
Add beef, stirring to coat well.
Cover and... - 45.7241
Sliced Beef With Mushrooms
1) Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
3) With salt and pepper, season the meat slices.
4) In a frying pan, melt the butter.
5) In hot butter, fry the meat and onion until browned.
6) To the soaked Romertopf,... - 45.6939
Sour Cream Sauerbraten
Trim excess fat from roast and put meat into a large glass bowl.
Combine water, vinegar, salt, onion, carrot, peppercorns, cloves, bay leaf, and juniper berries (if used) in a saucepan.
Bring to boiling, then set aside to cool.
Pour cooled marinade over meat,... - 45.6761
German Style Apple Stew
In a large saucepan combine apple juice or apple cider, water, carrots, celery, onion, vinegar, bouillon granules, caraway seed, and pepper.
Bring mixture to boiling, then reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut fish into 1-inch... - 45.6272
German Beer Fish Bier Fisch
1) Take out the head from fish. Put the fish in a flat surface and break the bones along back.
2) In a skillet melt butter and stir in onion, celery, salt, peppercorns, and cloves.
3) Place lemon slices and bay leaf on it.
4) Place fish... - 45.6272
Slavic Sausage Bake
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a heavy pot, place the sauerkraut, onion, apple, sugar, caraway seeds, barely cover with water.
3) In small cheesecloth, place bay leaves, cloves and peppercorn, tie the cloth and make a bundle.
4) Put the... - 45.596
1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2.Make a mixture of paprika and parsley.
3.Heat the butter slightly and mix it with the mixture.
4.Peel and slice the potatoes.
5.Take a Romertopf, put the pieces of butter in it in a scattered... - 45.5916
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) In skillet, heat the fat and sautÃ© onions until tender, add parsley, rice, salt and pepper.
3) SautÃ© for 10 minutes more, stirring constantly.
4) Set aside.
5) In a bowl, mix sour-cream sauce mix, milk and... - 45.5649
1 Pound the veal very thin.
2 Prepare a mixture of flour with the salt and pepper and dip the scallops in it.
3 Dip them again in egg and finally in the bread crumbs.
4 In a skillet, melt the margarine and saute the veal until... - 45.5544
Crush veal to make it 1/4 inch thick.
Apply a mixture of flour, Season All, pepper and nutmeg to veal.
Put veal cutlets first in egg and water mixture and then roll them over bread crumbs.
Allow the cutlets stay for 30 minutes at room... - 45.5349
1. Cut the whole chicken into pieces.
2. Rub chicken pieces with salt and roll over paprika pepper.
3. In a frying pan, fry bacon slice until they are crisp.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a soaked Romertopf, line... - 45.4771
My children wouldnâ€™t mind if I serve the German-Fried Chicken everyday!! This tasty fried chicken is one of my favorites too. Try this delicious German-Fried Chicken for yourself. - 45.4681
1) Clean the meat and remove the sinus and fat off.
2) Rub the meat with salt and ginger, place in the large bowl.
3) In a saucepan, combine vinegar, water, onions, pickling spice, bay leaves, peppercorn, cloves and sugar, bring to boil.
4) Cool... - 45.4677
This Schwarzbrot recipe is my mother’s favorite. Whenever we are at home during holidays, my mother definitely prepares this bread. Truly speaking this bread brings enjoyment to my house. So if you want to bring happiness to your house, use this schwarzbrot... - 45.4514
Grandmother Rohlff's Stollen
Combine raisins, currants, candied fruit and brandy in bowl; mix well.
Heat milk and butter in saucepan until butter melts, stirring constantly.
Cool to 105 to 115 degrees.
Combine milk mixture with yeast, sugar and 1 cup flour in bowl; mix well.
Let stand... - 45.4138
Swiss Fish Casserole
1.Remove the skin of tomatoes and cut the onions.
2.Make a mixture of onions, tomatoes, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper.
3.Preheat the oven to 400 F
4.In a fry pan, heat butter and saute the fish in it until brown.
5.Take a soaked... - 45.3823
Homemade Carrot Sauerbraten
Pierce roast generously with fork.
Place in large cooking bag.
In 2-qt casserole mix all marinade ingredients; cover.
Microwave at High 6 to 7 minutes, or until boiling.
Pour hot marinade over roast.
Seal, removing as much air as possible.
Refrigerate 1 to 2... - 45.3014
Pork With Steamed Spiced Sauerkraut
1. Preheat oven to 325 °F.
2. In a pan brown onions lightly in margarine, add sugar, water and sauerkraut, toss with a fork such that well separated and add grated potato.
3. In a 2-quart casserole put sauerkraut mixture, burrow hole in... - 45.2525
Beer Kraut Heroes
Combine egg, crumbs, 1/4 cup of the beer, salt, and dash pepper; add ground beef and mix well.
Shape into 20 meatballs.
In heavy skillet brown the meatballs in hot oil. (Electric skillet 350°.)
Add onion, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, bouillon cube, and the... - 45.2399
German Short Ribs
Coat short ribs in mixture of 2 tablespoons flour with salt and pepper.
Melt shortening in large skillet or slow-cooking pot with browning unit; add ribs and brown on all sides.
Pour off excess fat.
In slow-cooking pot, combine ribs, onions, wine, chili... - 45.2251
Sweet 'n Sour Stuffed Cabbage
Wrap whole cabbage in plastic wrap and cook on HIGH (9) for 10 minutes or until tender, but still slightly firm.
Meanwhile, combine rice, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup onions and one teaspoon salt.
Using the larger outer cabbage leaves place about 2 tablespoons of... - 45.1936
Pork Chops With Red Cabbage
1 Using damp towels, wipe chops.
2 With edge of saucer, pound chops on both the sides , to flatten.
3 In a bowl, mix bread crumbs with 3/4 tea spoon salt and the pepper.
4 Coat the chops evenly on each side with the mixture.
5... - 45.1827
Veal And Asparagus Casserole
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In the cooker, heat the butter or margarine and fry the onion until just beginning to colour.
3) Add the veal and let it brown lightly.
4) Add the can of soup and white stock or water.
5) Reserve 8 spears... - 45.1325
Hamburger And Cheese Quiche
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. In a mixing bowl, blend mayonnaise, milk, eggs, cornstarch and seasoning; keep aside.
3. In a skillet, add meat and onion together and sautÃ© until the meat is browned.
4. Drain off the excess fat.
5.... - 45.1008
German Style Stuffed Meat Loaf
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a 1-quart bowl, add all the ingredients except sauerkraut and cheese, mix thoroughly.
3) On a sheet of wax paper spread the mixture to form a 6 x 8-inch rectangle.
4) Spread sauerkraut over the... - 45.029
Sauerbraten With Sour Cream Gravy
1) Clean the meat and remove the sinus and fat off.
2) In a large bowl, place the beef.
3) In a saucepan, combine onions, peppercorn, bay leaves, cloves, vinegar and water, bring to a boil.
4) Boil the onion mixture and cool.
5) Pour the onion... - 44.9964
1) First, prepare the marinade by mixing the ingredients.
2) Then, beat the meat well and marinate for at least overnight.
3) Next day, preheat the oven to 400 F.
4) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
5) From the marinade, remove the meat... - 44.9737
Pork Loin With Sauerkraut And Apples
Put pork on rack in shallow baking pan.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake in preheated slow oven (325°F.) for 2 1/2 hours.
Combine sauerkraut, tomato sauce, 1/2 cup of the molasses, and the vinegar.
Pour off excess fat from pan in which pork is... - 44.9648
Place meat between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound 1/4 inch thick with smooth side of a mallet.
Combine bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
Dust cutlets with about 2 tablespoons of the flour, shake off excess, dip them into egg mixture, then into crumb... - 44.9618
Sauerbraten With Pickling Spice
Rub meat with salt and ginger; put in large bowl.
Combine remaining ingredients except fat and flour; bring to boil and pour over meat.
Cover and put in refrigerator for 3 days.
Turn meat once each day.
Remove meat from pickling liquid; reserve... - 44.9144
Baked Sauerkraut And Corned Beef Hash
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Pierce the cloves into the onion.
3) Drain the sauerkraut and rinse in cold water.
4) Butter a shallow baking dish.
5) In a saucepan, place the sauerkraut, add onion, water, bouillon cube, and thyme.
6)... - 44.9102
German Beef Supper
1) In hot Crisco, brown the meat.
2) Add carrot, apple, onion, 1/2 cup water, wine, salt, garlic, bouillon cubes, bay leaf and thyme.
3) Cover the mixture and simmer gently for about 2 hours, till the beef is tender.
4) Combine together the cold water... - 44.8823
Ham And Vegetable Quiche
1)Take a 10-inch quiche dish and line it with pastry, trim the excess part.
2)Bake at 425° for 5 minutes by pricking the bottom and side of the pastry with a fork.
3)Cool the batter.
4)Cook cauliflower,carrots,onion and green pepper in boiling salted... - 44.8502
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Remove bones and skin from chicken breasts; cut chicken breasts into halves.
Place chicken between 2 pieces plastic wrap.
Pound with mallet or side of saucer until 1/4 inch thick.
Place 1 slice each ham and cheese on each piece chicken.
Roll up carefully,... - 44.7967
Old World Sauerbraten
1) In a deep ceramic or glass bowl put the meat.
2) In a bowl mix water, vinegar, lemon, cloves, onion, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt, and sugar.
3) Pour the mixture over meat.
4) Cover and place in refrigerator for 24-36 hours.
5) During... - 44.7769
Schweinspfeffer With Noodles
Place wine, vinegar, water, onion, carrot, garlic, thyme, sage, salt, and whole peppers in a 2-quart pan.
Bring to a boil, then pour over meat.
Cool, cover, and refrigerate for 1 day or for as long as 3 days.
Remove meat from marinade and pat dry with paper... - 44.7539
Braised Pheasant With Sauerkraut
Let pheasant marinate overnight.
Drain sauerkraut and add bouillon, caraway seeds, and wine.
Crush juniper berries and add them or, optionally, 3 tablespoons gin.
Simmer for 1 hour.
Meanwhile drain pheasant and cut it into pieces.
Brown in hot shortening,... - 44.7518
Sauerbraten Using Crisco
1. In a saucepan, boil water, wine, vinegar, onion, cloves, peppercorns, and bay leaves; simmer for about 5 minutes.
2. Let the mixture cool down completely.
3. In a large bowl, place roast and pour wine mixture on top; mix until well coated.
4.... - 44.7402
1. Clean the rabbit and keep the meat in a bowl.
2. Season meat with salt and pepper; rub with hands.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a soaked Romertopf, line bottom with a thin layer of bacon slices.
5. Place the rabbit... - 44.731
Sauerbraten With Vegetables
1) In a large bowl, place the meat.
2) In a saucepan combine together vinegar, water, onions, honey, salt, pepper, bay leaves and cloves and bring to boil.
3) Cool the vinegar mixture and pour over the meat.
4) Add the lemon to the meat.
5)... - 44.6964
Pumpernickel Bread is a nutritious and filling German bread that you can prepare by yourself! My children love the Pumpernickel Bread. You just have to try it! - 44.6918
Sauerbraten Meat Balls
1. In a bowl mix meat, bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper, the 2 tablespoons of water and 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice well and form into 1-inch balls.
2. In a skillet, heat margarine brown meat balls and remove from pan.
3. To the drippings in the... - 44.6528
Rolled Beef Slices
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
3) With oil, brush the beef and let stand for 2 hours.
4) Then, remove the excess oil.
5) With salt and pepper, rub the beef.
6) On one side, spread mustard.
7) To this,... - 44.5889
Boil the sauerkraut for 20 minutes in salted water; drain off the water.
Fry the onion in 4 tablespoons [60 ml.] of the lard until it turns pale yellow; add the garlic, pork, salt and a little pepper, and dust with paprika.
Then fry the whole slowly for 10 to... - 44.5721
Knuckle Of Pork With Sauerkraut
1) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
2) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3) Then, boil the knuckle for an hour so that it is half cooked.
4) In the bottom of the soaked Romertopf, put the sauerkraut.
5) Then, shred one half of the apple.
7)... - 44.5666
Baby Back Ribs And Sauerkraut
Sprinkle ribs on all sides with pepper and 1 tablespoon of the paprika; arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
Bake in a 450° oven until well browned (25 to 30 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a 4-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine sauerkraut,... - 44.5627