- » German Holiday
German Holiday Recipes
German Holiday foods refer to all the festive foods that are a part of the different German cuisines each with their own distinct holiday flavors. A number of German holiday recipes other than those for the typical ... More »
As part of the Philadelphia Magazine Guide to Holiday Entertaining, Chef John Gallagher of the Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College makes his own holiday favorite, Stollen. Stollen is traditional German bread made with fruit and crusted with cinnamon and... - 121.403
Here is a delicious sandwich to make with corned beef. You will need sauerkraut for this. You can use store bought or make your own. Sauerkraut is quite simple to make and is always tastier when made at home! This sandwich is traditionally made with rye... - 120.851
Deep Dish Chocolate Coconut Pie
When a pie is baked it’s a definite treat for all! This chocolate and coconut pie is a recipe that will be loved by all! Check out the video to see how this pie turns out! - 115.786
Vanilla Bean German Buttercream
Here's a basic video on how to make German Buttercream using a vanilla bean. This is a newer recipe to me thanks to one of my favorite food blogs: BraveTart. German buttercream has a velvety whipped cream texture that is not dense like Swiss buttercream. You... - 109.739
Black Forest Cake
The long awaited Black Forest Cake video is here! I hope this recipe lives up to all your standards! Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read a blog full of helpful... - 102.857
Grandma's Special Berry Quark
If you love whipped cream, then this is your treat!! Here is the video of a delicious looking dessert that combines cream, quark and berries!! A well-known German ingredient quark, grandma Anna and her grandson use it to whip up a great dessert. - 97.8157
Try out this simple egg-less almond cake recipe! Its is sweet and buttery is great for any occasion. - 55.4675
German Gourmet Mixed Salad
1. To prepare artichoke hearts cook them in white wine and water until tender, drain and cut into 1/2 inch slices
2. In a bowl add French Dressing and marinate together the cut artichoke hearts, sliced mushrooms and vegetables for 30 minutes.
3. To... - 52.0715
Cherry Icebox Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F before baking.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheets with butter
3. Dry the cherries by patting them on paper towels and keep aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, place the butter and beat with an electric... - 51.6317
Cold Cherry Mousse With Vanilla Sauce
1. Prepare the whipped topping according to package instruction but using milk and vanilla in the recipe. Keep aside to be used later.
2. In a small saucepan, combine gelatin, sugar and water. Let soften for 5 minutes.
3. Place pan over low... - 50.7873
German Pancake With Saucy Apples
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2.In a large oven-proof frying pan put in margarine and let set in oven.
3.Mix together batter while margarine is melting.
4.In blender container put eggs and process for 1 minute at high speed.
5.With... - 50.3897
German Coffee Braid
You will need to use very warm water (105°F.to 115° F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
Sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cake into water.
Let stand for a few minutes; then stir until dissolved.
Pour hot milk over 1/4 cup butter,... - 50.3776
Chocolate Kirsch Cake
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Butter and flour two 8-inch layer cake pans.
In a small mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and 4 tablespoons kirsch.
Beat until mixture doubles in volume.
Add chocolate in a slow steady stream, mixing until... - 50.1981
Breakfast Spice Cake With Streusel Topping
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, beat egg and add oil, buttermilk and molasses; beat again.
4. Stir in raisins with the dry ingredients until they are coated.
5.... - 50.0373
Mini Black Forest Gateau
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4
2. Evenly grease four 10cm cake tins and line the bases with greaseproof paper
3. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar till pale; beat in the egg yolks one at a time
4. In another bowl, whisk... - 49.9923
Hearty German Stew
Spray a large saucepan with nonstick coating.
Brown meat in the saucepan.
Stir in chopped apple, onion, beer, 1 cup water, bouillon granules, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Stir in apple wedges... - 49.7937
Cherry Cheese Pie
1. In a 9-inch microwave proof pie plate, add butter and heat it in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
2. Stir graham cracker crumbs, flour and 4 teaspoons sugar into melted butter.
3. Spread mixture evenly over bottom and up sides, pressing firmly. Set... - 49.6037
Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line bottom with waxed paper.
Grease paper and lightly coat pan with flour.
Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
Gradually add 1/3 cup of the sugar, beating until... - 49.5799
Creamy German Chocolate Cake
1. In 2 (8-inch X 1/4-inch) baking dishes, line bottom with two layers of wax paper.
2. In a 2 cup measure, mix chocolate with water.
3. Cook on High with constant stirring for about 2 minutes.
4. Stir butter at room temperature to make... - 49.3849
Lemon Streusel Bars
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 9-inch square baking tin with oil or butter.
3. In a medium bowl, stir condensed milk, lemon zest and juice. Set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar, flour and... - 49.3039
Sauerbraten With Crab Apples
Drain apples, reserving 1 cup syrup.
Return apples to jar, then cover and chill.
For marinade, combine reserved syrup, vinegar, onion, cloves, bay leaf, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes; cool.
Place roast in a plastic... - 49.183
German Chocolate Cake
Melt chocolate in boiling water.
Mix flour, soda and salt.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each.
Blend in vanilla and chocolate.
Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating... - 49.1697
1) In a mixing basin, sift the flour and salt and make a well in the centre.
2) Peel, core and slice the apples and coarsely chop the walnuts.
3) Mix with the sultanas, sugar and cinnamon or mixed spice.
4) Mix together the egg, water... - 49.1609
New Potato And Zucchini Salad
1) To prepare dressing, in a bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, add combine vinegar and rest of dressing ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
2) Clean the potatoes.
3) In a medium saucepan add boiling water and dip the potatoes with salt.
4) Let it boil,... - 49.1182
Coconut Raspberry Linzer Bars
1. Grind the almonds in a food processor or chopper into a fine meal.
2. Grease a 11-inch X 7 inch baking tin with butter or baking spray.
3. Preheat the oven to 325°F
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds,... - 48.9827
Eel In Dill Sauce
1.Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2.Add a sprinkling of lemon juice and salt on fish and leave it for some time.
3.Take a soaked Romertopf, place the fish in it.
4.Pour stock and wine and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
5. Add... - 48.9561
German Apple Sausage Pancake
1) Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2) Use a medium mixing bowl to add flour, 1 teaspoon sugar, and baking soda. Combine well and set aside.
3) In another small mixing bowl, add buttermilk and egg yolks to beat together. Place the bowl aside.
4) Use a... - 48.8606
German Bundt Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
2) In a bowl whip together butter and sugar till creamy. Add in the eggs yolks, beating one at a time.
3) Add in almond flavoring, vanilla extract and mix well.
4) Sift the... - 48.7651
Strasbourg Goose Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the goose into pieces as desired.
3. In a non stick skillet, fry goose meat until browned well on all sides.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Cut onion into halves.
6. Peel quince, stone and... - 48.7561
German Chocolate Cheesecake
Press prepared crumbs firmly on bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9 inch springform pan.
Melt chocolate with butter in saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, beat eggs thoroughly in small mixer bowl.
Gradually... - 48.6667
Treasure Chest Pie
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Roughly chop the raisins, mincemeat and nuts and combine in a bowl along with salt.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter and beat... - 48.6303
This Bremen Kuchen is a delicious German sweet bread. Try this bake with irresistible almond and raisins for your next party. Your suggestions for this Bremen Kuchen are welcome. - 48.6275
Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions.
Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
Grease two 8-inch cake pans; set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter or margarine.
Stir in 1 cup brown sugar and the corn syrup.
Cook over... - 48.6168
Rhubarb Custard Kuchen
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
Blend in butter, egg yolk, and milk.
Pat dough into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
In a bowl, mix together rhubarb and sugar; spread over crust.
In a separate bowl,... - 48.6146
Soak the raisins in the rum.
Heat the milk to blood heat and pour into the bowl of an electric mixer, crumble in the fresh yeast and stir until it is dissolved. (If using dried yeast, follow the maker's instructions.)
Add the flour, cocoa, 2 tablespoons of... - 48.5975
Streusel Coffee Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Lightly grease a 9-inch round baking tin with butter or baking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and egg.
4. Blend the egg into the beer in a measuring jar or bowl.
5. Gradually... - 48.4815
German Potato Salad
1. Wash and peel the potatoes.
2. Diagonally slice into 1/4-inch-thick pieces.
3. In a pot, place sliced potatoes and pour salt water to cover.
4. Bring the potatoes to a boil and then reduce the heat.
5. Simmer uncovered for about 8... - 48.4614
1 In a medium-size saucepan, mix 1/3 cup sugar, gelatin and salt ; stir in egg yolks and milk.
2 Heat slowly, stirring constantly just until gelatin dissolves and the mixture starts to bubble. (Do not boil.) Pour into a medium-size bowl.
3 Place... - 48.3697
Black Forest Tart
1) Preheat oven hot to 450°F.
2) In an 9-inch glass pie plate or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom put the pie crust.
3) Bake for about 9 to 11 minutes until lightly browned.
4) Let stand till cool.
5) In a small saucepan, add 6... - 48.3113
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a baking sheet with fat or oil.
3. In saucepan bring to a boil combining honey, molasses and sugar.
4. Remove from heat, add butter and cool.
5. Beat in lemon juice, egg, lemon peel and orange... - 48.1331
1) Preheat oven hot to 375°F,190°C or Gas No. 5
2) In a bowl sift flour and baking powder.
3) Cut in butter and rub the mixture.
4) Add sugar and mix.
5) Add whipped egg and milk to it immediately.
6) With a wooden spoon beat gently to... - 48.0438
Fresh Fig Streusel
1) Take a pie plate and coat it with cooking spray. Keep aside. Also Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2) Take the oats, flour and brown sugar in a bowl. Add margarine and blend them well.
3) Take the coated pie plate and pour half of... - 47.9258
Shrimp Kabobs And Warm Spinach Salad
1. Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for atleast 30 minutes beforehand to prevent them burning during the cooking process
2. In a large shallow glass bowl or a food grade cooking bag, tip the wine, oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic and... - 47.8687
Simple Sauerbraten With Red Wine
In large glass bowl, combine roast, onion, carrot, celery, vinegar, water, wine and spices.
Marinate, covered, in refrigerator 3 days, turning roast occasionally.
Set Power Select at HIGH.
Prepare cooking bag according to package directions; place roast,... - 47.7796
Chicken With Corn
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Joint the chicken.
3. In a non stick frying pan, heat a little butter and brown chicken along with chopped onion.
4. In a soaked RomertopF, place chicken and add corn and mushrooms.
5. Pour... - 47.7309
Beef And Kraut Platter
1) Into an electric skillet, add the water, chili sauce, onion soup mix, caraway seeds, paprika pepper and the meat
2) Cover and cook the meat on medium heat
3) Skim off the fat every now and then
4) Tip in the brown sugar and sauerkraut into the... - 47.5555
Apple N Raisin Strudel
To make the FILLING: Place the apples in a large bowl.
Sprinkle with the lemon juice and toss until coated.
Set the apples aside.
In a blender or food processor, blend or process the bread until it forms fine crumbs.
In a small bowl, stir together 6... - 47.5337
1) Pastry : In a food processor, process the flour with the butter until the mixture has fine crumbs.
2) Gradually add the egg yolks until combined.
3) Bring the mixture together with hands on the work surface.
4) Wrap in cling film and allow... - 47.5074
German Cheese Cake
to make dough:
1. 125 gramm butter, take out of fridge 1 hour before use
2. 200 gramm sieved flour
3. 1 tsp sieved baking powder
4. 1 egg
5. 75 gramm sugar
6. pinch of salt
mix it all together with hand, knead into a soft dough, keep in fridge for 30... - 47.4974
Brine Soaked Pork Loin
For the brine, begin preparing 1 day before serving.
Mix all brine ingredients together in a 6 quart (6 1) saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool.
For the pork, add pork loin to the brine... - 47.4193
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Melt chocolate with butter till smooth.
Beat in the sugar.
Separate eggs and gradually add yolks to chocolate mixture, beating well.
Beat egg whites till stiff.
Gently fold whites into chocolate mixture, followed by ground almonds... - 47.3624
1. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, water, spices, salt and sugar and bring to a quick boil
2. Stir in sliced onions keep aside till cool.
3. Stir in oil.
4. Place the roast in a deep pan.
5. Pour marinade over the roast
6. Marinate in the... - 47.3521
1. Combine the flour, salt, mixed spice, fruits, peel, and almonds.
2. Preheat a conventional oven using top and bottom heat to about 350 degree F
3. Grease an 8-inch cake tin and line the base with wax paper.
4. In a large mixing bowl,... - 47.3345
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Place a large Dutch over or casserole, over a medium high flame on the stove.
3. Add the lard and allow it to melt.
4. When fat is hot, add the meat and brown evenly on both sides.
5. Remove the meat... - 47.0395
Holiday Apple Strudel
If you like to try something deliciously extraordinary then give this Holiday Apple Strudel a try. Tasting just fabulous, this Holiday Apple Strudel is also gonna amaze you with the ease involved! - 46.9446
1. Make Caramel: Line an 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking pan with foil. Lightly butter foil.
2. In a heavy 2 1/2-quart saucepan, combine all ingredients except vanilla, nuts and chocolate.
3. Cook, stirring with wooden spoon, over low heat until sugar is... - 46.8584
Ribollita Bread Soup
1. In a deep, heavy-bottomed pot over moderate heat season with salt and pepper and sauté garlic, onion, carrots, celery and bay leaf to pot such that veggies begin to soften, 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Adding beans, stock and tomato sauce, cover pot and... - 46.7839
German Carob Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. Grease three 9-inch round cake pans.
3. In a bowl, take carob powder. Add boiling water to it and stir it well until it is of a smooth consistency. Keep it aside to cool.
4. In a bowl, mix all the... - 46.6498
1. In small saucepan, heat milk just until bubbles form around edge of pan; remove from heat. Add granulated sugar, 1 cup butter and the salt, stirring until dissolved. Let cool to lukewarm (a drop on wrist won't feel warm).
2. In large bowl that has been... - 46.6222
Sauerbraten Using Wine Vinegar
1.Make a mixture of vinegar, water, salt, pepper, onions, celery flakes and pickling spice.
2.Marinate the meat in it and leave covered for 2 hours.
3.Put sugar to the meat and cook on low flame for 3 hours after putting the lid... - 46.526
Bavarian Apple Torte
Cream margarine, sugar and vanilla.
Blend in flour.
Spread dough on bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form pan.
Combine softened cream cheese and sugar; mix well.
Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
Pour into pastry lined pan.
Combine sugar and cinnamon.
Toss... - 46.4664
Easy Sauerbraten - German Sour Pot Roast
1. To prepare the meat for marinating, tie the meat with a string around the edges, inorder to keep it’s shape. Place in a large glass bowl.
2. In a 4 cup measure or medium-size bowl, mix vinegar, wine, salt, pepper and allspice. Pour... - 46.4481
Gently press cooked egg yolks through a fine mesh sieve; set aside.
Beat butter in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
Add sugar, egg, hard-cooked yolks, kirsch, lemon peel, cinnamon, and cloves.
Beat until... - 46.2935
Roast Chicken With Stuffing And Gravy
1. In a saucepan, prepare the stuffing by melting the butter and olive oil together over low heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the oil butter mix and cover with butter paper and cook over a low heat. This will turn the onions soft but not... - 46.2771
Zesty Stuffed Frankfurters
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Make a mixture of cheese, powdered horseradish, dry mustard, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
3.Create a slit in frankfurters lengthwise.
4.Fill the gap with the cheese mixture.
5.Put the... - 46.2241
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season the partridges well with salt and lemon juice; rub with hands to ensure it is well seasoned.
3. Using a knife, chop the partridge-'s heart and liver.
4. In a bowl, toss the meat with butter,... - 46.0355
Steak Goulash Soup
Mix together salt and pepper and the paprika and coat the meat cubes with the mixture.
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Add the meat cubes, in batches, and brown on all sides.
Add the onions and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Stir in the cumin, garlic and... - 45.9558
Pour the honey into a saucepan.
Add the sugar and the butter and stir over moderate heat until the sugar dissolves and the butter melts.
Do not let the honey boil.
Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
Stir in the egg and the orange rind.
Sift together... - 45.9322
German Christmas Stollen
To the scalded milk, stir in sugar, salt and butter.
Cool to lukewarm.
Measure warm water into a large, warm bowl.
Sprinkle or crumble in yeast; stir until dissolved.
Add lukewarm milk mixture, 2 cups of the flour and cardamom.
Beat until smooth.
Stir in... - 45.8276
In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
Add the oil, sugar, salt, 4 eggs and 4 cups of flour.
Beat until smooth.
Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
Place... - 45.7404
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Prepare a 4-quart Turk's-head tube mold by buttering it. Ensure that the mold is about 10 1/2 inches in diameter.
3. Sprinkle the inside of the mold with reserved chopped almonds and place a whole almond in the... - 45.6865
Almond Bavarian Cream With Kiwi Fruits
1) In the top of a double boiler, beat the skim milk and egg yolks together.
2) Sprinkle gelatin over the yolk mixture and allow to soften for 5 minutes.
3) Set over a pan with hot water, add 2 tablespoons of honey, then stir constantly and cook, until... - 45.6254
Crush veal to make it 1/4 inch thick.
Apply a mixture of flour, Season All, pepper and nutmeg to veal.
Put veal cutlets first in egg and water mixture and then roll them over bread crumbs.
Allow the cutlets stay for 30 minutes at room... - 45.5349
This Schwarzbrot recipe is my mother’s favorite. Whenever we are at home during holidays, my mother definitely prepares this bread. Truly speaking this bread brings enjoyment to my house. So if you want to bring happiness to your house, use this schwarzbrot... - 45.4514
Raspberry Cream Pie
1) Crush 2 cups raspberries, sieve and level up the pulp with water to 1 1/2 cups.
2) In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt together.
3) In a saucepan, add sieved raspberries and stir in the cornstarch mixture.
4) Stir... - 45.3761
1. Wash and shred the cabbage
2. Peel and finely slice onions
3. Wash, peel, core and slice the apples.
4. In a casserole, fry the bacon to render the fat.
5. Add the shredded cabbage, apple and onions and sauté for a few minutes.
6.... - 45.3368
1 For the dough: in a food processor, process the flour, almonds, and salt until the nuts are finely ground, almost a flour.
2 In a medium bowl, beat the butter with a handheld electric mixer on high speed just until smooth.
3 On low... - 45.305
Beer Kraut Heroes
Combine egg, crumbs, 1/4 cup of the beer, salt, and dash pepper; add ground beef and mix well.
Shape into 20 meatballs.
In heavy skillet brown the meatballs in hot oil. (Electric skillet 350°.)
Add onion, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, bouillon cube, and the... - 45.2399
Spiced Linzer Torte
1. Into large bowl of electric mixer, sift flour with cinnamon and cloves. Add granulated sugar, almonds, sieved yolks and lemon peel; mix well.
2. At medium speed, beat in butter and 2 egg yolks; beat until smooth. Form dough into ball; refrigerate several... - 45.2065
Beat egg whites until just stiff.
Add yolks and sugar and beat by hand or at low speed with an electric mixer for 10 minutes.
Add crushed ammonium carbonate and lemon rind.
Then add the sifted dry ingredients.
Mix well, add the citron and almonds last.
Roll... - 45.1544
1. Drain sauerkraut, rinse with water and drain again.
2. In a saucepan, mix sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil.
3. Let the mixture cool down.
4. In large bowl, place sauerkraut and add celery, onion and green pepper to... - 45.1453
German Chocolate Upside Down Cake
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In small glass bowl, heat sugar and butter 1/2 minute or until butter is melted; stir until smooth.
Into 8 or 9-inch round baking dish, bottom lined with wax paper, spread butter mixture; arrange pecans on top.
Sprinkle with coconut... - 44.9796
Streusel Pecan Pie Squares
1. Heat the oven to 400Â°F
2. In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredienst for the crust, reserve two cups for topping and press the remaining at the bottom and sides of 15"X10"X1" upto 3/4"; bake it for ten minutes
3. In a large... - 44.8259
1. Grease a 9-inch pie pan or a 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. Add the egg whites to a small clean and dry bowl of an electric mixer.
4. Beat egg whites at a high speed, until foamy
5.... - 44.7276
St. Barbara's Bread
Celebrate the feast of St. Barbara this year with this utterly delicious St. Barbara's Bread. Make this spicy and nutty bread glazed with confectioner's icing beforehand and see for yourself if you really like it. Your suggestions for this St. Barbara's... - 44.6714
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put the butter, icing sugar, egg yolk and vanilla essence. Beat well together will the mixture is light and fluffy.
3) Sift in the flour and then fold it in, along with the... - 44.5948
German Chocolate Caramel Bars
In a bowl, combine cake mix and oats; cut in butter until crumbly.
Set aside 1 cup.
Stir the egg into remaining oat mixture (mixture will be crumbly).
Press into a greased 13-in x 9-in x 2-in baking pan.
Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until almost set.
Cool... - 44.3212
Sauerkraut Salad With Worcestershire Sauce
1) Pour off the liquid from the sauerkraut and drain well.
2) Place the sauerkraut in a bowl.
3) Stir in green pepper, celery, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar, seasoning, garlic salt and sweetener.
4) Cover the bowl and place in... - 44.302
1. Sieve the flour.
2. Cream the margarine and sugar very well until light and creamy.
3 Add the almond essence and beat.
4. Add the cashewnuts and seived flour and mix well. The mixture will form into a soft dough.
5. Knead the dough for a minute.
6. Roll... - 44.2643
1. In a large bowl allow sauerkraut to soak for 5 minutes. Then drain well.
2. In a large heat proof casserole or dutch oven place the ham hocks, adding the drained sauerkraut, wine and bay leaf.
3. Press cloves into onion and... - 44.1449
German Yeast Crown
1 Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast, lemon peel, and aniseeds in mixing bowl.
2 Heat milk, butter, sugar, and salt to hot (120°-130°F). Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Mix thoroughly.
3 Add eggs, raisins, and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
4... - 44.028
To desalt anchovies, soak in cold water to cover about 20 minutes; drain well.
Finely chop anchovies.
Soak bread in milk.
Cook onion in butter till tender but not brown.
Combine ground meats, anchovies, onion, bread mixture, eggs, the 1 1/2 teaspoons salt,... - 43.8173
Strawberry Bavarian Sponge Torte
1) Into the cup of boiling water, dissolve the gelatin
2) Tip in the berries and allow to thicken partially
3) Fold in 1/2 pint of the whipping cream
4) Add in cake cubes and toss to coat
5) Into a greased spongiform or large mixing bowl , empty in... - 43.6164
1. Make 1/2 inch thick slices from the turkey breast, by cutting them crosswise.
2. Place the turkey slices in between 2 sheets of wax paper. Flatten the pieces to 1/4 inch thickeness using a rolling pin or meat mallet.
3. Dredge turkey... - 43.2185
German-style Potato Salad
Boil potatoes in their skins in salted water until tender.
Peel while still warm.
Slice into a large bowl.
Fry bacon until crisp.
Remove and save.
Stir flour into bacon fat and blend with a wooden spoon.
Add water gradually, stirring until smooth and... - 43.2156
Dilly Beef Sandwiches
1) In a bowl, whisk together cream cheese and sour cream.
2) Fold in the pickle and dill weed.
3) Smear one side of each bread slice liberally with the cheese mixture.
4) Arrange few slices of meat, lettuce leaf and tomato slice over 4 bread slices.
5)... - 42.7696
Brussels Waffles - Gaufres Bruxelloises
1. To make the batter, into a large mixing bowl, sift flour with salt.
2. Beat egg with oil and add to bowl.
3. Tip in the beer and stir lightly, just until blended to make a slightly thick and lumpy batter.
4. Lightly stir the lemon peel, juice and... - 42.7288
My wife likes this German Bun recipe. This German Bun recipe is simple and easy. Whenever my son gets annoyed, my wife uses this dish to delight him. The interesting fact about this dish is that the very mention of it delights my son. So this dish brings joy... - 41.1628
Chicken Asparagus Casserole
Are you planning for some picnic? This chicken asparagus casserole recipe will perfectly suit your taste. It is very easy to prepare .It is so delicious that it will add to the enjoyment of your party. You will be thankful for this chicken asparagus casserole... - 41.1054
Cherry Meringue Tart
1. Preheat the oven to 170C to 190C.
2. Drain the cherries reserving 200ml of the juice.
3. Pat them dry with kitchen paper.
4. Mix the ground almonds with the 3 tbsp sugar
5. Drain the cherries reserving 200ml of the juice.
6. Pat dry... - 40.9399
German Holiday Recipes By Category