- » German Brown Bread
German Brown Bread Recipes
Enjoy our collection of german brown bread recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for german brown bread recipes.
Moist German Style Potato Bread
To make the potato water: Peel and cube the potato.
Place in a saucepan and cover with the water; boil until potato is soft.
Drain over a bowl and reserve the water.
Mash the potato and add to drained water; cool to room temperature.
Measure 1 c. (250 mL)... - 39.2211
German Christmas Bread
Mix citron, raisins, orange peel and brandy; let stand at least 1 hour.
Drain; reserve brandy.
Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl.
Stir in reserved brandy, the milk, 1/2 cup margarine, the granulated sugar, salt, nutmeg, eggs and 2 cups of the... - 43.9818
German Courting Bread
Stir the yeast and sugar into the warm water until well mixed, then set aside for 10 minutes until frothy.
Bring the mi Ik to the boil, remove from the heat and stir in the butter, salt and honey.
Continue stirring until the butter is melted.
Stir a quarter... - 44.4781
My wife likes this German Bun recipe. This German Bun recipe is simple and easy. Whenever my son gets annoyed, my wife uses this dish to delight him. The interesting fact about this dish is that the very mention of it delights my son. So this dish brings joy... - 41.1628
German Style Buns
Soften yeast in the warm water.
Pour scalded milk over butter, sugar, salt, and lemon peel in a bowl.
Stir until butter is melted.
Cool to lukewarm.
Beat in 1 cup flour until smooth.
Stir in yeast.
Add about half the remaining flour and beat until very... - 43.7708
This Schwarzbrot recipe is my mother’s favorite. Whenever we are at home during holidays, my mother definitely prepares this bread. Truly speaking this bread brings enjoyment to my house. So if you want to bring happiness to your house, use this schwarzbrot... - 45.4514
Dissolve the yeast in the water.
Combine the milk, butter, sugar, salt and cardamom in a bowl and cool to lukewarm.
Stir in 2 cups flour and beat well.
Add the yeast and egg and beat well.
Stir in the fruits, peels and almonds, then stir in enough remaining... - 45.832
German Blueberry Kuchen
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
Add the shortening and milk and beat for 3 minutes with an electric mixer or beat 300 strokes by hand.
Add the eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and lemon rind and beat... - 42.3284
Dissolve the yeast in warm water.
Combine the sugar, shortening and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Add the boiling water and stir until shortening is melted.
Cool to lukewarm.
Add the eggs and yeast and mix well.
Add 4 cups flour and beat until smooth.
Add... - 43.1377
German Bavarian Casserole
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a 1 quart casserole and pour sauerkraut in it.
3) Add water.
4) Sprinkle with rice and then add beef, onion, pepper and salt.
5) Pour tomato sauce over the mixture and bake for about 1 1/2 hours.... - 44.4897
German Kreppel - Jam Doughnuts
German Kreppels, fondly know all over the world as Jam doughnuts are a fantastic way to start your day. This small little doughnuts are beautiful crafted and require a neat hand while making and filing these fried breads with jam. German Kreppels are an... - 54.3702
Cream the yeast with 2 tablespoons (3 T) of the milk.
Sift the flour and salt into a warmed bowl.
Make a well in the centre.
Cream the butter with the sugar, add the egg and beat well.
Add to the flour, with the remaining milk, yeast liquid, fruit, peel, nuts... - 45.0428
Stollen Bread With Icing
In large mixer bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
Add sugar, salt, eggs, egg yolk, 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/2 cups of the flour.
Blend 1/2 minute low speed, scraping bowl constantly.
Beat 10 minutes medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
Stir in remaining... - 47.6088
To make yeast dough, stir a pinch of sugar into milk; sprinkle with yeast.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Sift flour, remaining sugar and salt into a large bowl.
Melt margarine; cool slightly.
Stir margarine, egg and lemon peel into yeast mixture.
Beat... - 49.7413
Easy Baked Stollen
In Germany, this Stollen has always been a favorite at households. A very traditional Christmas time sweet bread, Stollen is so rich with fruits and nuts and has this so welcoming falvor that is loved by all!. Give this amazing traditional bread a try! - 52.1366
Sweet Caraway-rye Bread
Now to give you a recipe which you will find nowhere else! This recipe uses whole grain wheat and rye flours. The bread is sweetened and also has whole caraway seeds! A unique bread that can surely get you addicted! Watch this step-by-step video and try it... - 129.606
Stollen - Christmas Bread
Stollen is a loaf-shaped cake with dried fruit and marzipan. Stollen is usually made with chopped candied fruit and/or dried fruit, nuts and spices.It is a traditional German cake, usually eaten during the Christmas season, fantastic addition to any Christmas... - 47.7982
1. Heat milk in a small saucepan just until bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat; stir in butter, honey, and salt. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
2. In a large bowl, combine yeast and lukewarm water. Set aside 5 minutes for yeast to... - 36.9917
Bavarian Onion Flat Bread
Dissolve yeast and honey in lukewarm water.
Set aside for 10 minutes to activate.
Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
Pour yeast mixture and oil into flour mixture and knead for 10 minutes to form a soft, elastic dough.
Cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise... - 43.1664
Date & Almond Stollen
1. For the dough, stir 1 teaspoon sugar into warm milk and sprinkle with yeast.
2. Let stand 5 minutes or until the surface is frothy.
3. Stir gently to moisten any dry particles remaining on top.
4. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
5. In a medium bowl,... - 46.0805
Apple Kuchen Bread
Grease and line a 9-inch round spring form pan.
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl, then stir in the spice and sugar.
Add three-quarters of the butter or margarine and rub in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Put aside 1/2 cup of the... - 46.899
Soak the prunes in the orange juice overnight.
Simmer in the soaking liquor until tender, then drain, reserving 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the orange juice.
Stone the prunes.
Blend yeast with the reserved orange juice, castor sugar, milk and plain... - 43.8804
In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
Add the oil, sugar, salt, 4 eggs and 4 cups of flour.
Beat until smooth.
Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
Place... - 45.7404
In large mixer bowl, combine rye flour, yeast, and caraway seed.
In saucepan, heat together water, molasses, vegetable shortening, and salt just until warm; stir occasionally to melt vegetable shortening.
Add to dry ingredients in mixer bowl.
Beat at low... - 44.2028
Home Made Pumpernickel Bread
1) Lightly coat 3 loaf pans and 1 bowl with butter.
2) Preheat the oven to 425°F
3) In a saucepan, mix corn meal with water.
4) Stir in boiling water and cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
5) Add salt, sugar, oil, and... - 49.0851
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Combine together the rye flour, yeast and caraway seeds in a large mixing bowl.
3) Heat together the water, Crisco, molasses and salt in a saucepan till the salt is just warm. Keep... - 42.8298
Cook and stir onion in margarine in 10-inch skillet until tender.
Add bread cubes; cook and stir until golden brown.
Mix eggs, milk, parsley and salt in large bowl; add onion-bread mixture.
Let stand until bread is thoroughly moistened, 5 to 10... - 37.6743
Plum Good Coffee Kuchen
Sprinkle the yeast over warm water in a large bowl and stir until dissolved.
Add the salt, sugar, milk and butter and mix.
Beat in 3 eggs, orange peel and vanilla.
Stir in 3 cups flour and beat with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes.
Add enough remaining flour to... - 46.0984
Mix all ingredients well and sprinkle half the mixture on batter in pan.
Add remaining batter and sprinkle nut mixture over top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. - 26.6048
Streusel Bran Muffins
Streusel Bran Muffins is an amazingly delicious side dish version. An easy to make recipe, you will simply find this Streusel Bran Muffins both mouth-watering and amazingly tempting. - 45.6951
1. Heat milk in a small saucepan just until bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat; stir in butter and salt. Set aside 2 teaspoons sugar. Stir remaining sugar into milk mixture. Let cool to room temperature.
2. In a large bowl, combine yeast and... - 38.5373
Krusty Garlic Kuchen
1. Take some warm water and add yeast in it.
2. Let the mix stand for some time until it gets bubbly in texture.
3. In the meantime, place rest of the dough ingredients [ as mentioned in the list] into food processor bowl.
4. Add yeast... - 48.4296
Potato Rye Rolls
1) Lightly grease a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
2) In a saucepan, place together potato cubes with water to cover.
3) Heat potato mixture to boil.
4) Put the lid on and simmer until tender for 15 minutes.
5) Pour off the liquid, reserving 1/4... - 45.8456