- » German Appetizer
German Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of german appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for german appetizer recipes.
Homemade German Potato Salad
You like German potato salad but afraid every time you make it, it does not turn out as good as it should be. Watch this video to make the perfect salad. All along the video the chef gives quick and smart tips to make the salad. See the video and try making... - 128.071
Betty's Oven-baked Mini Reubens
This is a great finger food for parties. Golden-Baked Mini Reuben Sandwiches are made of corn beef and Swiss cheese. They are simply delicious and your guests will love it. - 110.016
Yam, Feta Cheese And Pine Nuts Strudel
Looking for an easy strudel recipe that can be served as an appetizer, side dish or even a dessert? Then you must watch this video and learn to bake the perfect strudel that everyone will love! A word of warning though, the dish will turn out amazing and... - 108.967
German Gourmet Mixed Salad
1. To prepare artichoke hearts cook them in white wine and water until tender, drain and cut into 1/2 inch slices
2. In a bowl add French Dressing and marinate together the cut artichoke hearts, sliced mushrooms and vegetables for 30 minutes.
3. To... - 49.8638
Hot German Beer Soup Heisse Biersuppe
1. In a large, heavy bottomed saucepan, combine beer and sugar
2. Heat over low flame, stirring until sugar dissolves and without boiling.
3. In a bowl, blend together the egg yolks, sour cream, flour, cinnamon, and seasoning, beating until smooth.
4.... - 49.604
1) In a large salad bowl, mix together spinach, onion and cherry tomatoes and keep it aside.
2) In a skillet, cook bacon until tender-crisp and drain well on paper towels to remove the excess fat.
3) Now crumble into small fragments and... - 48.7967
German Hot Potato Salad
1) In a frying pan, add bacon, onion, celery and pepper to cook until ingredients turn light gold.
2) Sprinkle flour and continue frying until golden brown or brown as you like it.
3) Pour in hot water, vinegar and brown sugar and cook slowly for about... - 48.4558
German Sausage Chowder
1. In a saucepan combine water, sausage, potatoes, onion, salt, and pepper; bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or till potatoes are nearly tender.
3. Add the cabbage and cook for about 10 minutes or till vegetables... - 48.292
Pork And Cabbage Soup
1) Remove the fat from pork and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
2) Spray the Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat it over medium-high heat.
3) Put the pork and cook until it becomes brown on all the sides. Drain the pork properly.
4) Dry... - 48.1524
Leek Onion And Potato Soup
1 Trim off the tops and roots of the leeks.
2 Discard the tough outer layer.
3 Split them in half length-ways and slice them finely.
4 Wash thoroughly and drain well.
5 In a large thick-based saucepan, gently melt the... - 47.5631
Vidalia Onion Spinach Salad
In a salad bowl, toss the spinach, bacon, onion rings and croutons.
Serve with croutons and dressing.
Croutons: In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion and parsley.
Stir in butter and egg, mix well.
Shape into 1/2 inch balls.
In an electric skillet, heat 1... - 47.3293
Cream Of Fresh Green Asparagus With Cubes Of Lamb
1) In a 6 quarts pressure cooker, without its base rack, saute the lamb cubes in 4 tablespoons of the butter over a medium-high heat for about 4 to 6 minutes, until they are just golden.
2) Remove the lamb cubes with a slotted spoon and keep... - 47.1431
Pois Potage De Schickelgruber German Split Pea Soup
1) Roughly chop onion, carrot, leek and lettuce.
2) Allow peas to come to a boil after covering it with water.
3) Cook the peas for 5 minutes and then soak for several hours.
4) Drain the peas thoroughly.
5) Melt margarine and cook the... - 46.4147
1) Pastry : In a food processor, process the flour with the butter until the mixture has fine crumbs.
2) Gradually add the egg yolks until combined.
3) Bring the mixture together with hands on the work surface.
4) Wrap in cling film and allow... - 46.4096
1. In a large saucepan, heat in butter or margarine and cook the chopped celery and onion till tender but not brown.
2. Blend in cornstarch, dry mustard, oregano, beef broth, beer, basil, thyme, and garlic powder; cook till mixture is thick and bubbly,... - 46.2156
No Sweat New Potato Salad
1) In a pot with boiling water, gently scrub and place the potatoes, cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
2) Drain and quarter the potatoes while still warm.
3) In a large mixing bowl, place the potatoes, drizzle them with vinegar and olive oil.
4)... - 46.1341
1) Into a small bowl, drain the asparagus liquid.
2) Add enough water to make up to 1/2 pint measure.
3) To this, add the oil, agar agar and flour. Mix well.
4) On high power, cook for 2 minutes.
5) With a fork, whisk well.
6) Now, cook again for 3... - 46.0851
German Potato Salad
Cook the potatoes in boiling, heavily salted water until tender. (The salted water keeps them firm.)
Cool the potatoes only until it is just possible to handle them.
Peel and cut into slices.
Place in a shallow bowl and sprinkle with the bacon fat and... - 45.89
Cream Of Carrot Soup
1. In a skillet, pour oil, add carrots and onion and sautÃ© until just soft.
2. Sprinkle flour and paprika; stir and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in milk and simmer for 5 with constant stirring.
4. Remove the skillet from... - 45.6801
Potato Soup With Cucumbers
Peel the cucumbers and trim off ends.
Cut them first into halves lengthwise, then cut again lengthwise.
Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
Cut the cucumbers into 1/2-inch dice and reserve.
Put the potatoes and the chicken bouillon into a large heavy... - 45.5555
Pork And Cabbage Soup
1. In a saucepan, heat oil and brown pork cubes, half at a time; drain off the excess fat.
2. Combine the tomato soup, condensed beef broth, water, shredded cabbage, chopped onion, sherry, bay leaf, salt, paprika, and pepper; boil the mixture.
3.... - 45.354
Smoked Trout And Potato Salad
1) Along the backbone, slice the trout.
2) Skin the fish and cut into fillet.
3) Break the trout into large pieces and place in serving bowl.
4) Cut the potatoes into cubes and add to bowl.
5) Core the apples and cut them into dices.
6) Wash... - 45.298
Pepper Pot Soup With Dumplings
Put bones and tripe in kettle with water, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and one third of the onion.
Bring to boil and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
Cook remaining onion, potato, carrot, celery, and green pepper in fat for 5 minutes.
Remove bones from soup mixture... - 45.2285
1. Clean the pig's or calf's head, discard the snout. Keep aside the tongue and brains.
2. Scrub the mixture to clean.
3. In a kettle place the heat and cover with water.
4. Stuck cloves in onion. Add it to the kettle along with... - 45.1624
Black Cherry Soup
1. Take a saucepan and mix water with cloves, lemon zest and juice, and cinnamon.
2. Bring it boil on medium heat. Add the cherries along with syrup and boil again.
3. Simmer cherries for 10 to 15 minutes or till they turns soft. Keep stirring... - 45.1266
Asparagus With Egg Dressing
1) In cold water, wash the asparagus stalks well and then trim the base of each spear, leaving about ¾-inch of the harder white stalks. Trim the spears till they are of an even length and then divide into 4 bundles.
2) Use string to tie each... - 45.0871
1) In skillet, heat butter and sautÃ© the onion for 5 minutes or until tender.
2) Add ham and corned beef and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in garlic salt, mustard, parsley, pepper, sauerkraut, 1/2 cup flour and beef stock.
4)... - 44.8817
Asparagus Leek Soup
1) In a pan, cook the frozen asparagus in the boiling water, until tender.
2) In the blender, add the cooked asparagus along with the cooking water and blend, until smooth.
3) Add the leek soup mix, 3 cups milk and pepper, blend until... - 44.8378
The Filling: Make a risotto with the rice and milk.
First pour the milk into a small saucepan, bring just to the boiling point and remove from the heat.
Put the rice in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, add enough of the milk to cover and stir... - 44.7385
1. In a saucepan cook ground beef till brown in color; drain off the fat.
2. To the same saucepan, stir in the tomatoes, onion, carrots, celery, barley, catsup, basil and bay leaf s and 5 cups water; bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and... - 44.6749
Ribollita Bread Soup
1. In a deep, heavy-bottomed pot over moderate heat season with salt and pepper and sauté garlic, onion, carrots, celery and bay leaf to pot such that veggies begin to soften, 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Adding beans, stock and tomato sauce, cover pot and... - 44.649
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Put the bacon in the slow cooker.
4) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours, until tender.
5) Stir in the carrots, potatoes, fruits, and... - 44.6356
Steak Goulash Soup
Mix together salt and pepper and the paprika and coat the meat cubes with the mixture.
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Add the meat cubes, in batches, and brown on all sides.
Add the onions and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Stir in the cumin, garlic and... - 44.5452
Sauerkraut Sausage Stuffed Peppers
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Oil the baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil.
3) Cut off the small strips from if necessary so the peppers can stand still.
4) Rinse the peppers in the cold water.
5) In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and... - 44.4954
Frankfurter Vegetable Soup
1) Allow 1 qt of water to come to a boil.
2) Mix in limas so boiling does not stop.
3) Lower heat and boil the mixture gently, covered for 1 hour, adding 1 teasp of salt last half hour.
4) Stir in bouillon cubes, boiling water, tomatoes, carrots,... - 44.4539
Beef And Beer Vegetable Soup
1. In a saucepan cook ground beef and onion till meat is brown; drain off the fat.
2. To the same saucepan, add in the beer, condensed beef broth, water, carrots, turnip, celery, un-drained mushrooms, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and allspice; bring to... - 44.4062
German Potato Soup
1) Combine together all the ingredients except for the sour cream and bacon, in a slow cooker.
2) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
3) Take out the bay least and remove the potatoes with the help of a slotted spoon.
4) Mash the... - 44.2834
Farm Style Leek Soup
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over low heat.
2. Add the leek, onion, and garlic and sauté for 15 minutes, stirring often until soft and golden.
3. Stir in the stock and bring to a gentle simmer.
4. Cover pan and simmer for 30... - 44.219
Let the rabbit marinate for two days.
Melt 2 tbsp bacon fat in skillet, add 1/2 pound raw diced ham.
Remove to Dutch oven.
In same drippings brown 5 green onions, cut in pieces.
Put in with the ham.
Brown rabbit pieces rolled in flour.
Add... - 44.1867
Hot Wurst And Cabbage Salad
Microwavea 10-inch browningdish or skillet on HIGH (100%) for 4 1/2 minutes.
Carefully transfer dish (bottom will be very hot) to a heatproof surface.
Add oil and tilt dish to coat bottom evenly.
Immediately add sausages; stir and toss gently until sausages... - 44.0673
German Appetizer Recipes By Category