- » German
German food refers to the wide range of foods eaten in Germany, with the culinary cultures of Bavaria, Lower Saxony, Thuringia and Saxony-Anhalt playing an integral role in principle cuisine of this European nation. ... More »
Hamburg Steak With Onion Sauce Oriental Style
Can't think of anyone who does not like a Hamburg Steak. Watch this video and prepare the delicious recipe in your own kitchen with ease. The onion sauce and the veggies served along add to the appeal of the dish. - 143.321
Dutch Baby (german Pancake)
An EASY recipe for a super breakfast treat! I did this on my Big Green Egg, but the traditional way is in the oven. - 135.047
Brown Butter Sage Cake And German Buttercream
Here's a fun twist on cake. Unfortunately my butter got a little darker than I would've liked but the finished product was still spot on. Remove the butter from the heat immediately to keep the residual heat from getting it too dark. The german buttercream... - 130.297
Dutch Baby Pancake - Breakfast & Brunch
If you're looking for a new recipe to try for breakfast or brunch, try this Dutch Baby Pancake! It's a German pancake that's kind of like a big skillet popover. Very eggy and light, and a little reminiscent of bread pudding. - 129.858
Homemade Gluvine Aka Mulled Wine
1. In a large pot, boil the water along with honey and sugar. Stir well to dissolve the honey and sugar into the water.
2. Add the cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, cloves, star anise, all spice pods, oranges, lemon juice, lemon rind, dried tart cherries... - 128.715
Barbecued Peach Blueberry And Pecan Streusel
What can be more exotic way to enjoy a leisurely afternoon with a bowl of barbecued peach and blueberry streusel? Being a fruity-dessert lover you must not miss this opportunity. So, here is the recipe to learn and prepare this fabulous dish at your own oven. - 127.003
Here is a delicious sandwich to make with corned beef. You will need sauerkraut for this. You can use store bought or make your own. Sauerkraut is quite simple to make and is always tastier when made at home! This sandwich is traditionally made with rye... - 122.787
Schnitzel with A Twist
Are you lonely and sad on a Friday night? Need some company? Treat yourself to a Schnitzel. Victoria Paikin shows you how to make the classic fried Pork Chops topped with a mustard sauce that will remind you of good old fashioned home cooking. This pork chop... - 121.909
Crock Pot Pork And Sauerkraut
If you are planning to celebrate this new year with pork, then you would definitely love the idea of slow cooking. Prepare your crock pot with the ingredients and set it on, as per the instruction of chef. Now you can be out for whole day to enjoy without... - 120.897
Pork Knuckles - Schweinshaxe
Pork Knuckles Recipe - or in German Schweinshaxe simple hearty meal for every budget perfect winter, family fair. - 118.782
This German speciality, Blaukraut is made from red cabbage and flavored with vinegar, apples onions and last but certainly not least...LARD..this can be left out for those wanting a vegan dish. Perfect for pork chops, pork loin or Sauerbraten. - 117.888
German Chocolate Cookies
Welcome to the SimpleCookingChannel. Things might get pretty simple sometimes but sometimes that's just what a person needs. I hope you like my recipe for German Chocolate Cookies. - 117.097
Talk about German fast food and here we are with the Currywurst. The streets of Germany have vendors selling this quick bite. 'Currywurst' simply means curried sausage. It is quick and simple and everyone loves it! Watch and learn this recipe from this video.... - 116.794
German Potato Salad
Looking for an innovative salad recipe to serve today? Give this German Potato Salad a try. The salad never fails to impress as a side dish. Watch the chef share this German recipe which is simple and can be easily replicated at home. - 114.438
Holiday Grilled Goose
My good friend Sven over at Disturbed Cooking on Youtube sent me this traditional Holiday Goose recipe to try, a German holiday tradition. It was such a treat to make on the grill. - 113.928
I learned to make this sauerkraut from my mother who learned it from my German grandmother. It is easy and very frugal. Serve it with hot dogs or Kielbasa and mashed potatoes. - 113.684
German Potato Salad
This Bavarian recipe is always the star of any party, picnic or meal it is a part of. - 112.552
Betty's Oven-baked Mini Reubens
This is a great finger food for parties. Golden-Baked Mini Reuben Sandwiches are made of corn beef and Swiss cheese. They are simply delicious and your guests will love it. - 112.245
The Germans love their greens and knows how to eat them too. And this classic kraut salad is a classic example of the. Chef Keith Snow shares a delectable salad recipe that isn't just quick and easy, but also packs in a good deal of taste and nutrition too. - 111.795
Austrian Chicken Schnitzel
Robin visits Austria and gets to you one of its most classic and oldest relished recipes Chicken Schnitzel. It is a quick recipe and very wholesome. Try it if you wish to indulge in some history. - 111.596
Traditional Pfeffenuse Cookie
Would like to try out Pfeffenuse which are traditional German cookie that are absolutely delicious. Watch this excellent video that shares this fabulous recipe along with great tips and wonderful techniques. Try out these cookie coming holidays and enjoy! - 110.623
Vanilla Bean German Buttercream
Here's a basic video on how to make German Buttercream using a vanilla bean. This is a newer recipe to me thanks to one of my favorite food blogs: BraveTart. German buttercream has a velvety whipped cream texture that is not dense like Swiss buttercream. You... - 110.01
Apple Strudel - The Aubergine Chef
Here's a fun somewhat seasonal recipe! Now I wasn't raised in Europe so I can only go by what my chefs in school taught me, but from what I understand this is a pretty genuine recipe. What do you think? - 109.808
German Christmas Tree Shot, Happy Holidays!
The German Christmas Tree shot is a layered cocktail utilizing Jagermeister which is what makes this German. Getting for the holidays? Where you going this season? - 107.504
Slow Cooked Pork Chops In Sauerkraut
Want to have a great dinner when you are back home from work? You can place the pork chops and sauerkraut in the slow cooker, close the lid and be out of your home for work. In this video, chef shows the easy process to cook the pork chops. - 107.016
Hot And Tasty German Potato Salad
If you have always wanted to learn how to make perfect hot German potato salad just like your mom did, here's your chance to learn. Betty's versions of this delectable potato salad are truly unbeatable. Quick and simple, even you can master the trick of... - 105.443
Lemon, Ricotta, And Thyme Spaetzle
Not many people have heard of Spaetzle. In fact, I’ve never heard of it before I went to school and we made it there. I LOVED it! Its so delicate, delicious, and the flavor combinations are endless. I’m a huge fan of browned butter… it has this amazing... - 105.158
You guys asked for a shorter explanation of how to make sauerkraut... so here it is! Rene Oswald shows you how to make sauerkraut the easy way! - 103.376
Black Forest Cake
The long awaited Black Forest Cake video is here! I hope this recipe lives up to all your standards! Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read a blog full of helpful... - 103.128
Easy recipe for light and healthy coleslaw. Bookmark the website for cutting edge tools. - 101.943
Blueberry Streusel Muffin
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12 muffin pan with liners and set aside.
2. For Streusel Topping - in a small bowl, mix all toppings ingredients together until topping is light and crumbly. Set aside.
3. For Muffin – In a... - 100.973
Black Forest Grinder
1. Slice the bread lengthwise and generously cover one half with sandwich spread and the other half with Whole Grain Mustard.
2. Place a layer of the sliced pickle on the half spread with mustard.
3. Top with Black Forest ham, Black Forest bologna,... - 99.664
Homemade German Potato Salad
You like German potato salad but afraid every time you make it, it does not turn out as good as it should be. Watch this video to make the perfect salad. All along the video the chef gives quick and smart tips to make the salad. See the video and try making... - 98.7908
Romanian Baked Sauerkraut
Robin demonstrates a recipe in the video that has years of history attached to it. It's a classic recipe from Bucharest which uses sauerkraut. You should definitely try this recipe if you love sauerkraut and want to use it to create a yummy dish. - 98.7238
Kasper Family German Style Crepes
1. In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, and beat until frothy.
2. Drop flour, milk, vanilla, and salt in it. Blend until smooth. Pop it in refrigerator and let it rest for an hour.
3. Heat a large frying pan over low flame, and add butter... - 98.5862
Wheat & Gluten Free: Home-made Muesli
A homemade breakfast is always the best and if it is Homemade Muesli, it’s fast easy and cost effective than buying packaged Muesli. In this video, the chef shows the ingredients for it and its just ingredients that are required. Pour required quantity of... - 97.6608
Homemade German Chocolate Cake Shots
If you are looking for a scintillating drink to kick-start your party with a bang, try this chocolate cake shot. Chef Darren presents a simple recipe of his all time favorite drink. Irresistible and supremely delicious, this superlative treat tastes just like... - 97.1346
Black Forest Cake
A classic dessert of chocolate sponge cake layered with cream and cherries. - 96.8479
Meat Loaf With Dill
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Place meat in a large mixing bowl and break it up into small pieces.
3. Add all the ingredients except the ketchup. Mix well. This is best done with your hands, which are well scrubbed, of... - 96.7389
Kachelfleischburger - english Grill- and BBQ-recipe. Thanks for watching! - 96.0883
Spatzle With Pork Chops
Making Spatzle at home could be a lot of hassle and the taste is not very different from the boxed Spatzle. So, the chef is making some quick Spatzle to serve with pork chops. Crispy pork chops and spatzels are delicious when paired together. A must try for... - 94.1263
Hot German Potato Salad
A hot German potato salad is always a good answer for a quick and healthy meal, when you don't have enough time to prepare a full meat but you have to get nutritious food. Amy shows how you can get this special meal prepared in no time when running short of... - 94.0785
German Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Icing
Do you like German cake? It is a cake recipe that needs patience and can’t be made instantly like an apple cake. There is nothing to worry about the steps to learn it, the chef in the video shows the entire recipe elaborately. You will enjoy it. - 93.2716
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt butter in a medium baking dish.
2) In a medium bowl, mix flour, milk, eggs and salt. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
3) Bake on center rack in the preheated oven for... - 91.0482
Making Vanilla Bavarois
A frozen dessert doesn't always have to be an ice cream and doesn't necessarily have to be store bought! Make your frozen dessert at home with the help of this video and using easily available ingredients like milk, egg, sugar and vanilla pods. Grossly simple... - 90.2226
German Carrot Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 320 degrees.
2) Mix together the grated carrots and sugars.
3) Add the hazelnut and milk and mix together well. It usually takes about 20 minutes for all the ingredients to incorporate together... - 90.1966
How To Make German Nut Wedges ( Nussecke )
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cream sugars, and butter well. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
3) Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until the dough forms a ball.
4) Press the dough into a buttered pan. The bigger... - 90.1712
How To Make Traditional German Christmas Cookies
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 356 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the flour and icing sugar. Beat well till a fluffy mixture is formed.
3) Add the butter, egg yolk, salt and rum. Stir well till the batter is of the right... - 89.6644
How To Make German Chocolate Red Wine Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease a springform cake tin lightly.
3) In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
4) Add the eggs and then sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking... - 89.6181
Delicious German Chocolate Pie
Chef David Bishop is preparing a German chocolate pie in this video. We do know that the Germans bake some legendary pies, and now it is your chance to learn one of those. It is a great idea to bake for special occasions. Watch and learn, folks. Enjoy! - 89.3385
German Quark Christ Stollen ( Fruitloaf )
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 338 degrees.
2) Put all the ingredients for the fruit loaf in a large bowl. Mix well and make into a dough.
3) On a table or the kitchen counter, sprinkle some flour and knead the dough on it for about 3... - 88.4588
Vanilla Crescents (kipferl)
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 320 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, put all the ingredients (except for the ones to be used for topping) and knead into a smooth dough. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
3) Press the dough softly and divide it... - 88.1777
How To Cook Cherry Tea Braised Pork Loin Roast
1. Make diagonal slits on the fat side of the pork and season it with salt, pepper, and chilli powder on both sides.
2. Dredge roast with flour on all sides and set aside.
3. Preheat a large frying pan to medium.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degree... - 88.1622
My Germans Style Veal Schnitzel
1) Pound the meat thin by placing the cutlet between sheets of plastic wrap for easier washing up. Use a heavy, flat-surface pan to pound if you don’t have a meat mallet.
2) Pound the meat evenly to 1/4 inch thickness.
3) Set up 3... - 87.9669
Homestyle Ooey Gooey Whipped Potatoes
If you are looking for the ultimate comfort food, these whipped potatoes would make for a delightful indulgence. Easy to make and good to eat, Betty's potato delight is one speedy way to storm up a quick dinner in the kitchen. Stream the video recipe to... - 87.4202
German Stollen Bread
Make your Christmas holidays more special with a delicious holiday favorite, stollen bread. Watch this incredible video that shows a recipe for traditional German bread packed with raisins and candied fruits, crusted with cinnamon and sugar. This interesting... - 86.3399
Quick And Easy Roasted Bratwurst
This video on Quick and Easy Roasted Bratwurst is the second part of homemade Bratwurst by chef Scott. You can try this with store bought bratwursts and roast them on a outdoor grill or in an oven if you live in a apartment or if its rainy outside. Scott... - 80.8254
Want a delicious dish for entertaining yourself at a tailgate party or entertaining a crowd at home? Well, most of you out there would vote for Bratwurst and that's exactly what Scott is making in this video. He is grinding pork and veal and spicing up with... - 77.7817
Stir Fried Sauerkraut
This is Ying Stoller's appearance on the "Lunchbreak" portion of the WGN news. In this video, she teaches you how to make a delicious and ridiculously easy sauerkraut stir fry. Be sure to try it at home! - 77.2603
A Baker's Odyssey: Schwabisch Pretzels
Schwabisch pretzels, as the name suggests, is a yummy, thin, tangy, crackly kind of German pretzels that often has think, chewy filling. Greg patent shows how to make this delicacy at home and top it with sesame, pumpkin seeds, poppy, etc. A glossy, slightly... - 73.7598
Bavarian Onion Tofu Delight - Part 2: Preparation
Wish to add some spunk to your suppertime? Try this hearty Bavarian dish. Bavarian onion treat served in a bed of cabbage not only makes for an eye-catching treat, but also for a gut-appeasing indulgence. This video teaches you how to whomp up this delectable... - 67.5112
Looking for an interesting side dish? Try this Raw Vegekraut. This dish is a variation of the classic sauerkraut and is truly delectable. Watch chef Dorothy share the recipe now. - 64.0193
Bavarian Onion Tofu Delight - Part 1: Ingredients
Heart, healthy and wholly satisfying, Bavarian onion tofu is highly appeasing to the taste buds. Simple and sumptuous, this protein rich treat is a healthy way to enjoy tofu. This video recipe guides you through the preparation tips of it. - 62.7473
German Kreppel - Jam Doughnuts
German Kreppels, fondly know all over the world as Jam doughnuts are a fantastic way to start your day. This small little doughnuts are beautiful crafted and require a neat hand while making and filing these fried breads with jam. German Kreppels are an... - 54.6037
Literally translated from German, the name Pfeffernüsse means pepper nuts! These cookies bring together some varied flavors including pepper and anise! Traditionally prepared during Christmas, these are a great snack. Remembner to plan ahead when making... - 52.9708
Easy Baked Stollen
In Germany, this Stollen has always been a favorite at households. A very traditional Christmas time sweet bread, Stollen is so rich with fruits and nuts and has this so welcoming falvor that is loved by all!. Give this amazing traditional bread a try! - 52.3434
Fastnachts is a traditional snack made a day before the Lent day. They are filled with cream filling or jelly and dusted with sugar before serving. These Fastnachts are often served as snack. - 52.185
German Chocolate Cheesecake
German Chocolate Cheesecake is a delicious dessert that you would love to prepare on a get together. Try this German Chocolate Cheesecake recipe; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this! - 51.2736
Mocha Chocolate Bavarian Cream
1) In a bowl, combine gelatin and water to stir and let it stand for some time.
2) In the blender, add milk and 1/2 cup sugar to blend well.
3) Place broker chocolate into a cup and pour in the milk mixture.
4) Heat the mixture for 2... - 51.1598
Berlin Specialty Cake
An aficionado of berlin specialty cake guarantees that this berlin specialty cake recipe will addict you to it in minutes. This german berlin specialty cake is a delicious dessert . Fruits is the key ingredient in berlin specialty cake. It would be a sin to... - 50.9738
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt, allspice powder, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder and baking soda. Mix well and sieve this mixture. Keep aside.
2. In a small sauce pan, add honey and heat till slightly warm. Keep... - 50.7676
German Gourmet Mixed Salad
1. To prepare artichoke hearts cook them in white wine and water until tender, drain and cut into 1/2 inch slices
2. In a bowl add French Dressing and marinate together the cut artichoke hearts, sliced mushrooms and vegetables for 30 minutes.
3. To... - 50.6136
German Coffee Braid
You will need to use very warm water (105°F.to 115° F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
Sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cake into water.
Let stand for a few minutes; then stir until dissolved.
Pour hot milk over 1/4 cup butter,... - 50.5868
Chocolate-coconut Bavarian Pie
Are you looking for a Chocolate-coconut Bavarian Pie recipe that will leave you asking for more? It is an effortless Dessert. Milk Product is one of the few ingredients I like to include in my daily cooking and this is my comfort recipe that I usually prepare... - 50.1027
Soak raisins, mixed fruits, and currants in rum.
Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
Heat milk, butter, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt just till warm (115° to 120°), stirring constantly.
Add to dry mixture in mixing... - 50.0163
Rice Bavarian Cream
This recipe of Rice Bavarian Cream was picked up by me from a gourmet magazine, I twisted it a little bit to meet my taste here I am, sharing my version with you. This Rice Bavarian Cream when served as Dessert is sure to please your family members. The main... - 49.9551
To make yeast dough, stir a pinch of sugar into milk; sprinkle with yeast.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Sift flour, remaining sugar and salt into a large bowl.
Melt margarine; cool slightly.
Stir margarine, egg and lemon peel into yeast mixture.
Beat... - 49.9361
A Fasnacht is a traditional doughnut type pastry prepared and served the day before lent starts. Available to buy these directly off the rack, it is definitely more appealing to bake these at home. Prepared using milk and flour, these are enjoyed by all. Try... - 49.7465
German Chocolate Cookies
German Chocolate Cookies are so special that you can bake them for the Holidays. The chocolate and nuts make them crunchy and chocolaty. They are soft and chewy. German chocolate cookies look just wonderful. You can't resist eating them. - 49.7411
Creamy German Chocolate Cake
1. In 2 (8-inch X 1/4-inch) baking dishes, line bottom with two layers of wax paper.
2. In a 2 cup measure, mix chocolate with water.
3. Cook on High with constant stirring for about 2 minutes.
4. Stir butter at room temperature to make... - 49.6082
German Sweet Chocolate Cake
Melt chocolate in boiling water; set aside to cool.
Line the bottom of three 8- or 9-inch cake pans with parchment or wax paper; set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Cream butter or margarine and sugar until fluffy.
Add egg yolks 1 at a time, beating... - 49.571
Almond Bavarian Cream
Set your taste-buds reeling with delight with this enticingly delicious Almond Bavarian Cream. Also, you might find it hard to believe, how easy it is to make this Almond Bavarian Cream. So don't miss it! - 49.5652
German Apple Pancake
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F with a rack place middle level.
2. Spray 2 (6-inch) gratin dishes or 1 (10-inch) pie plate with nonstick cooking or baking spray.
3. Place dishes in oven to heat.
4. In a small dry bowl, add egg and egg... - 49.5118
German Cheese Cake
to make dough:
1. 125 gramm butter, take out of fridge 1 hour before use
2. 200 gramm sieved flour
3. 1 tsp sieved baking powder
4. 1 egg
5. 75 gramm sugar
6. pinch of salt
mix it all together with hand, knead into a soft dough, keep in fridge for 30... - 49.4369
German Chocolate Cake
Melt chocolate in boiling water.
Mix flour, soda and salt.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each.
Blend in vanilla and chocolate.
Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating... - 49.373
German Apple Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
Beat eggs and 2 cups sugar in mixer bowl until creamy.
Add dry ingredients alternately with mixture of oil and orange juice; mix well.
Beat in vanilla.
Spoon 1/2 of the batter into... - 49.3287
Easy German Potato Salad
1) In a pan, add turkey bacon and cook till crisp.
2) Remove, drain and keep aside.
3) Use cooking spray on a skillet.
4) Mix in the onion and cook till tender and transparent.
5) Blend in soup, water, vinegar, sugar, liquid smoke and pepper and heat... - 49.2717
White German Chocolate Cake
White German Chocolate Cake is a simply irresistible dessert. Try this amazingly delicious cake recipe; I am sure you will always tempt to prepare this for every party! - 49.0933
German Recipes By Category