- » German
German food refers to the wide range of foods eaten in Germany, with the culinary cultures of Bavaria, Lower Saxony, Thuringia and Saxony-Anhalt playing an integral role in principle cuisine of this European nation. ... More »
Hamburg Steak With Onion Sauce Oriental Style
Can't think of anyone who does not like a Hamburg Steak. Watch this video and prepare the delicious recipe in your own kitchen with ease. The onion sauce and the veggies served along add to the appeal of the dish. - 144.629
Homemade Gluvine Aka Mulled Wine
1. In a large pot, boil the water along with honey and sugar. Stir well to dissolve the honey and sugar into the water.
2. Add the cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, cloves, star anise, all spice pods, oranges, lemon juice, lemon rind, dried tart cherries... - 130.017
Brown Butter Sage Cake And German Buttercream
Here's a fun twist on cake. Unfortunately my butter got a little darker than I would've liked but the finished product was still spot on. Remove the butter from the heat immediately to keep the residual heat from getting it too dark. The german buttercream... - 129.934
Talk about German fast food and here we are with the Currywurst. The streets of Germany have vendors selling this quick bite. 'Currywurst' simply means curried sausage. It is quick and simple and everyone loves it! Watch and learn this recipe from this video.... - 124.239
German Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Icing
Do you like German cake? It is a cake recipe that needs patience and can’t be made instantly like an apple cake. There is nothing to worry about the steps to learn it, the chef in the video shows the entire recipe elaborately. You will enjoy it. - 122.7
Bratwurst With Sauerkraut
Try this simple veg version of bratwurst with sauerkraut served as a sandwich on whole grain bread with mustard. Several companies make this type of veggie link - some are vegan, others contain egg whites - so be certain to check the ingredients on the... - 120.282
Wheat & Gluten Free: Home-made Muesli
A homemade breakfast is always the best and if it is Homemade Muesli, it’s fast easy and cost effective than buying packaged Muesli. In this video, the chef shows the ingredients for it and its just ingredients that are required. Pour required quantity of... - 118.718
German Potato Salad
Looking for an innovative salad recipe to serve today? Give this German Potato Salad a try. The salad never fails to impress as a side dish. Watch the chef share this German recipe which is simple and can be easily replicated at home. - 115.858
German Potato Salad
This Bavarian recipe is always the star of any party, picnic or meal it is a part of. - 113.897
One of the easiest ways to get health, taste and nutrition is to gorge on red cabbage. This German-style red cabbage dish that is cooked with vinegar, apples, onions, lard. Perfect accompaniment with pork loin or pork chops. - 110.49
Betty's Oven-baked Mini Reubens
This is a great finger food for parties. Golden-Baked Mini Reuben Sandwiches are made of corn beef and Swiss cheese. They are simply delicious and your guests will love it. - 110.016
Vanilla Bean German Buttercream
Here's a basic video on how to make German Buttercream using a vanilla bean. This is a newer recipe to me thanks to one of my favorite food blogs: BraveTart. German buttercream has a velvety whipped cream texture that is not dense like Swiss buttercream. You... - 109.793
Hot And Tasty German Potato Salad
If you have always wanted to learn how to make perfect hot German potato salad just like your mom did, here's your chance to learn. Betty's versions of this delectable potato salad are truly unbeatable. Quick and simple, even you can master the trick of... - 108.151
Black Forest Cake
The long awaited Black Forest Cake video is here! I hope this recipe lives up to all your standards! Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read a blog full of helpful... - 104.236
Homemade German Chocolate Cake Shots
If you are looking for a scintillating drink to kick-start your party with a bang, try this chocolate cake shot. Chef Darren presents a simple recipe of his all time favorite drink. Irresistible and supremely delicious, this superlative treat tastes just like... - 102.351
The Germans love their greens and knows how to eat them too. And this classic kraut salad is a classic example of the. Chef Keith Snow shares a delectable salad recipe that isn't just quick and easy, but also packs in a good deal of taste and nutrition too. - 101.626
Black Forest Grinder
1. Slice the bread lengthwise and generously cover one half with sandwich spread and the other half with Whole Grain Mustard.
2. Place a layer of the sliced pickle on the half spread with mustard.
3. Top with Black Forest ham, Black Forest bologna,... - 100.983
Kasper Family German Style Crepes
1. In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, and beat until frothy.
2. Drop flour, milk, vanilla, and salt in it. Blend until smooth. Pop it in refrigerator and let it rest for an hour.
3. Heat a large frying pan over low flame, and add butter... - 97.3917
Meat Loaf With Dill
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Place meat in a large mixing bowl and break it up into small pieces.
3. Add all the ingredients except the ketchup. Mix well. This is best done with your hands, which are well scrubbed, of... - 97.2624
Lemon, Ricotta, And Thyme Spaetzle
Not many people have heard of Spaetzle. In fact, I’ve never heard of it before I went to school and we made it there. I LOVED it! Its so delicate, delicious, and the flavor combinations are endless. I’m a huge fan of browned butter… it has this amazing... - 95.441
Hot German Potato Salad
A hot German potato salad is always a good answer for a quick and healthy meal, when you don't have enough time to prepare a full meat but you have to get nutritious food. Amy shows how you can get this special meal prepared in no time when running short of... - 95.1111
Grilled Reuben Sandwich
There is nothing like yummy grilled sandwich to satiate a hunger pang. In this video, Betty shares with her viewers her favorite recipe of crusty grilled Reuben sandwich recipe. It so good that even the regular sauerkraut hater won't be able to resist it. A... - 94.4342
How To Make German Nut Wedges ( Nussecke )
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cream sugars, and butter well. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
3) Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until the dough forms a ball.
4) Press the dough into a buttered pan. The bigger... - 93.1409
The Double Reuben
1. For making creamy style Russian dressing – in a bowl take all the ingredients and mix well.
1. Heat a non-stick pan and sauté sauerkraut; place the corn beef over it followed by Swiss cheese slices. Set aside.
2. Dry roast the rye... - 92.8677
How To Make German Chocolate Red Wine Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease a springform cake tin lightly.
3) In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
4) Add the eggs and then sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking... - 92.7217
German Carrot Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 320 degrees.
2) Mix together the grated carrots and sugars.
3) Add the hazelnut and milk and mix together well. It usually takes about 20 minutes for all the ingredients to incorporate together... - 92.7169
Vanilla Crescents (kipferl)
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 320 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, put all the ingredients (except for the ones to be used for topping) and knead into a smooth dough. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
3) Press the dough softly and divide it... - 91.1268
How To Make Traditional German Christmas Cookies
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 356 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the flour and icing sugar. Beat well till a fluffy mixture is formed.
3) Add the butter, egg yolk, salt and rum. Stir well till the batter is of the right... - 90.9497
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt butter in a medium baking dish.
2) In a medium bowl, mix flour, milk, eggs and salt. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
3) Bake on center rack in the preheated oven for... - 90.31
German Quark Christ Stollen ( Fruitloaf )
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 338 degrees.
2) Put all the ingredients for the fruit loaf in a large bowl. Mix well and make into a dough.
3) On a table or the kitchen counter, sprinkle some flour and knead the dough on it for about 3... - 89.3884
My Germans Style Veal Schnitzel
1) Pound the meat thin by placing the cutlet between sheets of plastic wrap for easier washing up. Use a heavy, flat-surface pan to pound if you don’t have a meat mallet.
2) Pound the meat evenly to 1/4 inch thickness.
3) Set up 3... - 89.3262
A Baker's Odyssey: Schwabisch Pretzels
Schwabisch pretzels, as the name suggests, is a yummy, thin, tangy, crackly kind of German pretzels that often has think, chewy filling. Greg patent shows how to make this delicacy at home and top it with sesame, pumpkin seeds, poppy, etc. A glossy, slightly... - 83.7375
Spatzle With Pork Chops
Making Spatzle at home could be a lot of hassle and the taste is not very different from the boxed Spatzle. So, the chef is making some quick Spatzle to serve with pork chops. Crispy pork chops and spatzels are delicious when paired together. A must try for... - 81.508
Bavarian Onion Tofu Delight - Part 2: Preparation
Wish to add some spunk to your suppertime? Try this hearty Bavarian dish. Bavarian onion treat served in a bed of cabbage not only makes for an eye-catching treat, but also for a gut-appeasing indulgence. This video teaches you how to whomp up this delectable... - 70.5842
Bavarian Onion Tofu Delight - Part 1: Ingredients
Heart, healthy and wholly satisfying, Bavarian onion tofu is highly appeasing to the taste buds. Simple and sumptuous, this protein rich treat is a healthy way to enjoy tofu. This video recipe guides you through the preparation tips of it. - 65.7592
German Kreppel - Jam Doughnuts
German Kreppels, fondly know all over the world as Jam doughnuts are a fantastic way to start your day. This small little doughnuts are beautiful crafted and require a neat hand while making and filing these fried breads with jam. German Kreppels are an... - 55.4099
Easy German Potato Salad
1) In a pan, add turkey bacon and cook till crisp.
2) Remove, drain and keep aside.
3) Use cooking spray on a skillet.
4) Mix in the onion and cook till tender and transparent.
5) Blend in soup, water, vinegar, sugar, liquid smoke and pepper and heat... - 50.643
Rice Bavarian Cream
This recipe of Rice Bavarian Cream was picked up by me from a gourmet magazine, I twisted it a little bit to meet my taste here I am, sharing my version with you. This Rice Bavarian Cream when served as Dessert is sure to please your family members. The main... - 49.8655
Fastnachts is a traditional snack made a day before the Lent day. They are filled with cream filling or jelly and dusted with sugar before serving. These Fastnachts are often served as snack. - 49.7219
Chocolate Nutmeg Bavarian
In a medium saucepan stir together 1/4 cup sugar, cocoa powder, gelatin, and nutmeg; add milk.
Stir over low heat till gelatin dissolves.
Remove from the heat, then cover the surface with clear plastic wrap.
Chill for 25 to 30 minutes or to the consistency of... - 49.5316
German Recipes By Category