- » Gateau
Gateau is a French cake derived from the old French word gastel. It is described as a light cake filled with a variety of fruits, nuts or custards. The word gateau has altered in meaning and is now applied to any ... More »
Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl and let stand an hour or so at room temperature.
Prepare two 8 inch cake tins as follows.
Cut two rounds of parchment paper to fit bottom of pans.
Grease and lightly flour cake tin bottoms and sides, cover bottom with... - 42.1568
1) Arrange all the ingredients and utensils required.
2) Crush the gooseberries lightly.
3) In a pan, combine the... - 41.1883
1. With a long, serrated knife, slice cake in half horizontally. Place bottom half, cut side up, on a wide plate. Moisten evenly with 2/3 of the orange syrup.
2. Spoon all the cream filling onto bottom cake half; if it flows over the sides, set cake in the... - 20.9038
You May Also Like!
Grange Hill Gateau Black Forest Gateau
Take the cake while it is still frozen and put it on a board.
Using a large sharp knife cut the cake across in half through the cream in the centre.
Put one half on to a plate.
Open the can of cherries and drain the juice into a jug.
Cover the bottom half of... - 35.8343
Chocolate Gateau Alice
Grease an 8-inch (20-cm) springform cake pan and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
To make cake, melt chocolate in a double boiler over low heat.
Cream butter and half the sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
Stir in... - 45.0184
Hazelnut Meringue Gateau
Hazelnut Meringue Gateau has a Inimitable taste. The eggs and vanilla extracts give the Hazelnut Meringue Gateau Astounding taste. must catch it - 44.1577
Rum And Coffee Gateau
Rum And Coffee Gateau it is great party recipe. It was sunny Sunday morning and friend buzzed in my apartment, I quickly prepared this Rum And Coffee Gateau recipe and everyone just loved it. - 41.024
Gateau Du Mardi-gras
The gateau gu mardi gras is a baked meringue dessert made with chocolate and vanilla filling. Baked with eggs, almond extract and chasews for taste and flavor, the meringues are spread over with chocolate filling and stacked together. With a decorated circle... - 47.1445
Beat eggs, sugar, and water for 15 minutes or until very thick and creamy.
Sift flour with cornstarch and baking powder.
Fold into beaten egg mixture, lightly and carefully.
Line the bottom of a 9 inch round baking dish with waxed paper.
Pour mixture into the... - 37.6141
Pineapple Cream Gateau
Grease a 10-inch (25-cm) springform cake pan.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
To make cake, put egg yolks and a third of the sugar into a large bowl.
Beat until thick and creamy, 5 to 10 minutes with an electric mixer.
Beat egg whites until stiff.
Gradually... - 45.5227
Chocolate Rum Gateau
Chocolate Rum Gateau recipe adapted from Marguerite Patten BBC cookery show. - 43.65
Chocolate And Hazelnut Meringue Gateau
1. Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff and gradually whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, until thick and glossy. Fold in the cornflour and ground hazelnuts until evenly incorporated and transfer the mixture to a large piping bag fitted with a 1 cm... - 32.5368
Chocolate Meringue Gateau
Chocolate Meringue Gateau is a recipe that can be prepared in nearly no time. Try this baked dessert; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 46.1171
Apricot Gateau one of my favourite. The dash of misture of white wine and egg yolks gives the Apricot Gateau a lip smacking taste. - 47.4744
Iced Meringue Gateau
1. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and dry, then whisk in 4 tablespoons of the sugar. Carefully fold in the remaining sugar and the ground almonds.
2. Put the meringue into a piping bag fitted with a 1 cm (1/2 inch) plain nozzle and pipe into three 20 cm (8... - 37.3302
Meringue Hazelnut Gateau
Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C).
Line 3 baking sheets with waxed paper.
Trace three 9-inch (23-cm) circles on the paper, then lightly oil the paper.
Using a wire whisk or beater, beat the egg whites in a bowl until stiff.
Add 2 tablespoons of the sugar... - 41.9645
Gateau Recipes By Category