- » Gateau
Gateau is a French cake derived from the old French word gastel. It is described as a light cake filled with a variety of fruits, nuts or custards. The word gateau has altered in meaning and is now applied to any ... More »
Gateau Saint Honore
This Gateau Saint Honore is just as srumptious as it is easy to make. Why not give this Gateau Saint Honore a try this season and impress your guests the way they never expected. - 49.7542
Cauliflower Pancake Gateau
1) Take a large bowl, sieve flour and sprinkle salt in it.
2) Cut the cauliflower into small florets and boil in salted water for 15 minutes.
3) Beat in egg and half of the milk and water to make a smooth paste.
4) Add the remaining... - 49.3144
Mini Black Forest Gateau
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4
2. Evenly grease four 10cm cake tins and line the bases with greaseproof paper
3. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar till pale; beat in the egg yolks one at a time
4. In another bowl, whisk... - 48.8668
Pumpkin Gateau With Caramel And Brandy Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 380 degree F
2. Grease a cake tin with oil and line it with butter paper.
3. Take a bowl and beat eggs till well blended.
4. Slowly beat in oil and pureed pumpkin and set aside.
5. In a large bowl sieve flour, spice... - 48.7967
Chocolate Rum Gateau
1) Preheat oven hot to 350°F, 180°C or Gas No. 4.
2) In a large mixing basin sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
3) Mix brown sugar with it.
4) In a small basin add egg yolks and place the whites in a second larger... - 48.1166
Black Forest Cherry Gateau (schwarzwälder Kirschtorte)
Lightly grease three 7-inch (18-cm) layer cake pans.
Preheat oven to 350°F.(175°C).
To make cake, melt chocolate in a double boiler over low heat; cool.
Cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs, almonds and... - 48.087
Date And Almond Gateau
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C
2. Grease a cake tin with oil, butter or baking spray. Line the base with a piece of greaseproof paper.
3. In a basin, sift flour with baking powder and salt and stir in the dates and... - 47.6672
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put the sugar and butter. Beat well till the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the ground almonds, lemon juice and rind.
3) Beat in the eggs, a little at a time. Fold in the... - 47.3683
Chocolate Gateau With Cream And Strawberries
Chocolate Gateau With Cream And Strawberries has a diferent taste. The eggs and whipped cream gives the Chocolate Gateau With Cream And Strawberries a prefect taste. - 47.0842
Sweet Potato Gateau
Sweet Potato Gateau has a yumlogical taste. The Sour cream and walnuts gives the Sweet Potato Gateau a different taste. - 47.0746
Chocolate Mandarin Gateau
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Take a 8 1/2 inch straight-sided sandwich tin and line and grease it.
3) Next, take a mixing blow and gently whisk butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
4) Add eggs one at a time, beating well.
5)... - 46.9416
Chocolate Almond And Rum Gateau
A rich chocolate cake with a moist fudge-like texture.
When cooked the centre should be slightly soft and underdone; if over-baked the fudge-like quality will be lost.
Line base of 8-inch (20-cm.) sandwich tin with greaseproof paper, grease and flour the... - 46.7095
Planning a party menu?. This Almond Gateau is perfect for an exotic dessert. This dessert would look and taste out of this world but does not require you to toil the whole day in the kitchen. Enjoy the compliments that come your way. A delicious sweet ending... - 46.655
Chocolate Pear Gateau
1) Preheat the oven to 375 Deg F ( 190 Deg C/ Gas 5) , grease and line two 10 inch round sandwich tins and keep aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, add the flour, cornflour and ... - 46.517
Gateau Saint Honore
1. Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out a 20cm/8in circle. Use a flan ring or an upturned plate as your guide. Place the pastry round on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment, prick all over with a fork and chill while you... - 46.3114
Divide the cake into three equal parts.
Make the syrup by mixing the orange juice and sugar and 1/2 teacup of water.
Sprinkle this syrup over each of the three parts and allow to soak.
For the filling
Mix the orange juice, sugar, cornflour and butter in a... - 46.1679
Chocolate Bramble Gateau
1. Prepare 3 separate rectangular cake pans that are 600 ml (1 pint) capacity each
2. Grease the sides of the pan and line the base with the non-stick paper or the baking parchment paper
3. In a food processor, tip in the blackberries and puree... - 46.06
Hungarian Chocolate Gateau
1. With greaseproof paper, line two 9.5”, straight sided sandwich tins
2. Keep a large deep bowl over a pan of hot water and whisk eggs and sugar into the bowl until thick; whisk the coffee essence in too, take off from the hot water... - 45.963
1) Blanch and peel peaches and chop finely.
2)Sprinkle with lime juice and place in a nylon strainer for atleast 30 minutes to drain.
3)Preheat the oven to 180 degree c or 375... - 45.797
Strawberry Layer Gateau
Make plain and chocolate sponge cake batters
Bake in two 8-inch (20-cm) greased and floured pans 30 to 40 minutes.
Cut each cooled cake horizontally into 2 layers.
To make filling and decoration, puree strawberries in a blender and place in a medium... - 45.7927
Iced Maraschino Gateau
1) Prepare a hot oven (200°C, 400°F/Gas 6).
2) Use a round 20-cm (8-in) loose-based cake tin to line the base with greaseproof paper.
3) In a bowl, whisk in sugar and egg until thick.
4) Separately sift together flour and cornflour and fold... - 45.7535
Chocolate Chestnut Gateau
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease a deep round cake tin of 8-inches. Use non-stick parchment or greased greaseproof paper to line it.
3) With sifted flour, dust the inside of the prepared tin.
4) Blend together the... - 45.7535
Gateau Au Chocolate Nancy
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch cake tin.
2) In a bowl, add in butter and melted chocolate. Blend well.
3) Add in the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture.
4) Next, add in the ground almonds and vanilla essence. Blend to... - 45.7398
Chocolate Chestnut Gateau
Break the chocolate into pieces, put in a bowl and melt with the butter in the microwave oven for 2 minutes on HIGH.
Add the egg yolks, sour cream (creme fraiche), cognac and cane sugar syrup to the chestnut puree, beating with a wooden spoon.
Add the melted... - 45.6254
Gateau Noisette is simply one of the best cakes I have come across. These are easy to make and anyone with a sweet tooth will fall in love with it! Try this Gateau Noisette recipe and you will understand why. - 45.6074
Christmas Night Gateau
Prepare Beaten Sponge Cake and cut into 3 layers.
To make filling and topping, combine cocoa powder, boiling water and rum in a medium bowl; cool.
Warm cranberry jelly; cool slightly.
Dissolve gelatin in 3 tablespoons water over low heat.
Whip cream with... - 45.5772
Gateau Du Mardi-gras
The gateau gu mardi gras is a baked meringue dessert made with chocolate and vanilla filling. Baked with eggs, almond extract and chasews for taste and flavor, the meringues are spread over with chocolate filling and stacked together. With a decorated circle... - 45.545
Pistachio And Coconut Gateau
Put the milk in a bowl and warm in the microwave oven for 30 seconds on HIGH Power.
Add the sugar and yeast and mix with a fork.
Sift the flour and a pinch of salt over a bowl.
Warm in the microwave oven for 20 seconds on HIGH.
Make a well in the center of... - 45.3801
Gateau De Pithiviers Feuillete
1. Make the puff pastry.
2. Bifurcate the pastry into two portions and put one portion in the refrigerator.
3. Roll out the other half in 1/8th inch thickness over the floured surface.
4. Cut a disk of 10 inch diameter by using a inverted 10-inch cake... - 45.3733
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Line the baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Draw an 8" circle on the paper on each baking tray.
3. In a large clean and dry bowl,prepare meringue mixture by beating egg whites, 350 gms sugar, salt and lime... - 45.3232
Strawberry Gateau has a mouth watering taste. The sugar cane syrup and orange juice gives the Strawberry Gateau yummy taste. - 45.3225
1) Heat oven at 350°F or Mark 4.
2) Adjusting quantities, make a French flan pastry and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3) To prepare filling: in a bowl, pound the almonds and sugar with the egg whites and add kirsch to flavor.
4) Shred the... - 45.3144
1) Liberally grease a deep, loose-bottomed 8-inch round cake pan.
2) Into a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, put the apples, lemon rind, cloves, sugar and water.
3) Cook the ingredients, uncovered, over very low heat for about 25 minutes,... - 45.3012
Chestnut Cream Gateau
Put the chestnut puree in a bowl, add the sour cream (creme fraiche) and vanilla and mix well.
Add the egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
Oil the base of a 7 inch (18 cm) souffle mold (mould) and line with a circle of oiled non-stick parchment (greaseproof... - 45.1314
Fruit Layer Gateau
Prepare Beaten Sponge cake and cut into 3 layers.
To make filling, melt nougat in a double boiler over low heat.
Spread over 1 cake layer.
Cover with second layer.
Combine almonds, kirsch, water and powdered sugar in a small bowl.
Spread over second... - 45.0915
Gateau Saint Honore
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Take a mixing bowl and sift pinch of salt, and flour onto it. Rub it with half of the butter and lard until the mixture becomes crumbly.
3. Make stiff dough with cold water.
4. Roll out the short... - 44.9985
Black Forest Gateau
Grease and flour two 20 cm / 8 inch round cake tins.
Place the eggs and the sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk until they form a trail.
Remove the bowl from the pan and whisk until the mixture is cool.
Fold in the flour mixture... - 44.9328
Apricot Gateau one of my favourite. The dash of misture of white wine and egg yolks gives the Apricot Gateau a lip smacking taste. - 44.9008
1) Heat oven at 350°F or Mark 4
2) Grease the tin.
3) In a bowl, sift the flour with salt.
4) On low heat, warm the butter to soften.
5) In a saucepan, mix cocoa with water, and slowly cook till it forms a thick cream and cool.
6) Beat... - 44.8504
Gateau Recipes By Category