- » Garlic Sambar
Garlic Sambar Recipes
Enjoy our collection of garlic sambar recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for garlic sambar recipes.
An easy sambhar recipe that is sure to make cooking this popular South Indian dish very simple. Sambhar is a combination of lentils and vegetables cooked with the traditional Indian condiments and spices. The sambhar is the perfect accompaniment for your... - 101.519
Traditional South Indian Dishes - Sambar
Make simple instant sambar that goes well with most South Indian breakfast dishes like Idli, Vada and Dosa. It is also a traditional accompaniment in a complete south indian meal to steamed rice.
Sambar is a vegetable stew or chowder based on a broth made... - 118.584
1. On a chopping board cut all the vegetables into bite sized pieces and keep aside.
1. In a pan add urad dal, pour in hot water, salt, turmeric powder and let it simmer for 12 minutes on a medium high heat.
2. Partially cook the... - 92.4947
Boil veggies of your choice a keep aside.
Pressure cook Toor Dal, tomatoes green chillies & oniond for up to 4 whistles
Soak handful Tamarind in 2 cups of water. Keep aside.
Heat 1 tbs oil in a deep vessel. Add the boiled veggies & saute for a min
Add the... - 38.7559
Cook Tur Dal in two cups of water, when half cooked add pieces of drumstick, potato, brinjal, lady's finger, onion, tomato pieces, and salt. Cook till dal is very soft. Dissolve sambar masala in little water and add it to the cooked vegetables. Take the pulp... - 35.357
Wash the toor dhaal, place in a heavy-based saucepan and add the ground coriander, turmeric, chilli powder, fenugreek and water.
Cover the pan and cook the mixture over a medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent it overflowing.
Once the toor dhaal is... - 45.4016
Drumstick Lime Sambar
Clean and boil the drumsticks in salted water till tender.
Wash the dal and cook in the pressure cooker along with turmeric and salt and 5 cups of water.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large pan. Add the sliced garlic, the green chillies and the mustard and... - 36.8548
Kerala Sambar is different from the typical Sambars made in the other South Indian states. Kerala Sambar is made using a mixture of different vegetables whereas the other sambhar is made using a single vegetable.
It is an excellent curry with rice or with... - 54.6232
Special Kerala-style Sambar
Someone who is not from Kerala is sure to ask “What is so special about Kerala Sambar?” The answer you are likely to get from someone who is from Kerala is “It’s different from the from the typical Sambars made in the other South Indian states.”... - 110.766
How To Make Sambar For Idli
Would you like to prepare a yummy sambar this weekend for your family? Watch this video to learn a step by step demo of how you can prepare this South Indian delicacy at home. - 74.3057
Idli Sambar With Chutney
1. Soak Urad Dal (skin removed black gram) and rice separately in the morning and grind it together to make a paste at night.
2. Mix it thoroughly, adding salt and water.
3. This mixture should be of a thick pouring consistency.
4. Keep the mixture in... - 49.2689
Sambhar - Lentil And Vegetable Soup
If you're planning to make sambhar, then you must try this recipe. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the delicious sambhar. This is a very famous South Indian dish. Sambhar is served with hot idlis and dosa. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the... - 112.965
Broccoli And Aloo Curry
first wash Brocoli and aloo and keep aside.
In a pan add oil.when it is hot,
Add jeera,allow to pop up.
Now add onion and fry till brown colour.
Then add ginger garlic paste,tomato and fry till they become mashy
Add Brocoli and Aloo and allow them to cook... - 46.6263
Dry Mushroom Curry
Cut and wash mushroom and aloo and keep aside.
Wash methi leaves and finely chop and keep aside.
In a pan put oil,mustard seeds ,onion and fry till brown colour.
Add methi leaves and fry till soft.
Now add ginger and garlic paste,tomato,mushroom,aloo,water... - 46.1922
Keerai Poriyal - Fried Spinach
1. For rough spinach leaves, microwave it in the oven for 3 minutes, under 50% power.
2. On a chopping board, chop all the microwaved spinach leaves.
3. In a pan, heat butter, add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies,... - 96.4424
Chettinad Muttai Kuzhambu (chettinad Egg Curry)
Different types of egg curry is made in chettinad. Mostly if it is for lunch poondu vengaya kuzhambu is made and egg is added in the end. In this curry egg will get the hot and sour taste of the gravy. - 54.0045
Dal With Ridge Gourd
Cook dal with onion,tomato,garlic,(Wash n cut the ridge gourd into small pieces)ridge groud,haldi,water in a cooker take it out when it comes 2 whistle.allow to cool.
Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing,red chillies(broken), green... - 36.4554
Dal With Dill Leaves
Cook dal,onion,tomato,dill leaves,garlic,haldi,water in a cooker and remove it after it come 2 whistle and allow to become cool.
Then in a pan add oil.
Add mustard seeds,when it pops add jeera,hing,curry leaves,cooked dal,sambar powder, salt,tamarind juice... - 36.9279
Lal Rajma Nl Dar ( Rajma Dal )
1. Soak the rajma beans overnight. This makes them swell and they are easier to cook. Wash twice the next morning.
2. Place the rajma in a pressure cooker along with the turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste and five cups of water. Add salt to taste and cook... - 27.2835
In a pan put oil,when it is hot.
Add onion and fry till it turns to golden brown.
Then add eggs and tomato and fry till become mash.
Now add grind masala,garam masala,salt,water(little) and allow bubbles to come.
When it is completely cooked pour to serving... - 42.7456
1. In a small bowl add tamarind paste, pour water in it and microwave it for 45 seconds.
2. In a hot pan, heat oil, add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chili, black pepper and crushed garlic, curry leaves, turmeric powder... - 88.4741
1. Soak the tamarind in hot water for 10 minutes and take out the pulp (you should be able to get 2 cups of tamarind water from this).
2. In a microwave safe bowl, add toor dal in 1 cup of water and microwave it for 3 minutes.
3. In a... - 83.8897
Bitter Gourd Curry
Chop the Bitter Groud and wash it and keep aside.
In a pan add Oil when it is hot add Mustard seeds.
Allow to pop,Then add curry Leaves and fry for sec.
Add onion and fry till golden brown.
Then add Tomato and bitter groud,water and cook till tomato become... - 43.1816
This is a spicy chicken dish that you can make as a variation to your regular chicken recipes. Chicken contains good amounts of protein, which is complete with essential amino acids(unlike plant protein). However, keep in mind that the dish also has good... - 30.7703
Methi Brinjal Curry
In a pan put oil.
When it is hot add mustard seeds,allow to splutter,
Then add curry leaves,onion and fry till onion turns to brown colour.
Then add methi leaves and fry till it becomes mashy.
Now add ginger and garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
Then... - 45.8816
Brinjal Methi And Aloo Sabzi
In a pan add oil,when it is hot add mustard seeds.
When it starts to splutter add onion and fry till golden brown.
Then add methi leaves,ginger and garlic paste and fry till it turns soft.
Now add brinjal,aloo,tomato,water and allow themto cook and tomato... - 43.3169
Kaccha Tambota Ma Vengna ( Brinjals Cooked With Raw Tomatoes )
1. Place brinjal pieces in salted water. Wash tomatoes and cut each into four pieces. Place onions with two tablespoons oil in a pan. Cook over a low fire till onions are pink. Add brinjal pieces, cover and cook for two minutes. Add tomatoes alongwith half... - 26.4456
Masoor Ma Gos
1. Wash the mutton thoroughly and marinate in salt and ginger-garlic paste. Wash the masoor. Place both into a pressure cooker with 6 cups of water along with the green chillies, turmeric and chilli powders. Cook till the mutton is soft and tender.
2. Place... - 29.5359
Toor Dal Palak Curry
Pressure cook DAL with 1 cup of water,1teasppon Oil,1teaspoon haldi,cool and mash well, and keep aside
Heat oil in a broad vessel.Add green chillies,tomato,chopped palak and fry well.
Add chilli pd cumin pd and 1,4 cup of water,cook the palak well.
Add mashed... - 40.7119
Uttapam With Onion
SAMBAR MASALA :
1. Dry roast the masalas separately.
2. Roast the dal until it gives a cooked aroma and turns slightly brown. Remove it.
3. Then stir in red dry chillies and allow them to turn deep red.
4. Mix all these roasted items, allow them to cool and... - 42.2184
1. Wash and cut the mutton into large pieces. Cut the vegetables and chop half the onion.
2. Pick and wash all the pulses.
3. Chop coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies.
4. Roast and grind red chillies, cumin, and coconut to a fine paste.
5. Grind... - 42.1996
Tondli Bhaat a famous Maharashtrian dish.You can also prepare stuffed tondli.It is also used in sambar,a vegetable and lentil-based soup. - 29.0028
Brussel Sprouts Stew
1. Wash and Clean Brussel Sprouts and make slits and Steam Cook.
2. Apply the Grinded Paste inside the slit and out side and keep for 20 minutes.
3. In another vessel, pour the Coconut Milk,sambar Powder ,remaining Grindedpaste, salt and keep it aside.
4.... - 42.9684
1. In a pan, heat oil, fry green chili, red chili, chopped onions until light brown.
2. Add garam masala, sambar powder, salt, tomato paste and fry for 5 minutes continously.
3. Add 1/2 cup water, grated coconut and mix well for 2 minutes.
4. Gradually... - 84.6306
Chickpeas Curry - Sundal Kolambu
1.Soak white chick peas in enough water overnight.
2. Into a round pan transfer the soaked chick peas, add salt and let it boil for 12 minutes.
3. In a hot pan, add butter, oil, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, garlic,... - 104.369
Mysore Masala Dosa - Start To Finish
Won't you like to prepare Mysore masala dosa at home and amaze your family? Watch this excellent, step-wise video that demonstrates how to make this delicious crispy dosa in your kitchen. The host here explains the recipe so well with great tips for a perfect... - 96.84
Spinach - the healthy, nutritious, green leaf is a part of almost every cuisine. You can try out so many dishes with Spinach starting from Simple Spinach Saute to the famous Dal Palak Curry.
Spinach Rice or Keerai Sadham is a Variety Rice Dish made by... - 51.0367
first chop brinjal and keep inside the water.keep a bowl on gas when it is heat put mustard allow till it splutter,then add curry leaves,onion and fry till it changes its colour to brown,then add chopped methi leaves fry till it becomes soft,now add ginger... - 21.4536
Indian Style Brinjal Curry
In a pan add oil when it is hot add mustard seeds,allow to pop up
Now add curry leaves, onion and fry till golden brown.
Now add methi leaves and fry till they become soft.
Add ginger and garlic paste,brinjal and fry till they are cooked.
Now add tomato and... - 47.0159
Kanda Dumpa Fry
Crispy,tangy and tasty is how i would describe this elephant yam foot fry. A nice way of including this vegetable in your child's diet. On a normal basis they might not be huge fans of yam as such, but this tangy fry is sure going to be a hit with one and... - 45.4839
1. To make the spicy red paste for the dosa spread, blend corn flour, ginger and garlic paste, curry powder and half measures of oil and water. Mix and set aside.
2. In a pan, apply oil for frying.
3. Take 1 big spoon of the dosa... - 87.9073
Methi Leaves Curry With Beans And Aloo
In a kaadai put oil.
Add mustard seeds,curry leaves,onion and fry till brown colour.
Now add methi leaves and fry till it turns soft.
Add mix vegetables,tomato and fry till they are cooked.
When they are cooked add 2tsp of sambar pd,salt and fry for another... - 42.5099
Healthy Indian Soya Curry
Being a vegetarian when the contest was announced, I thought of preparing something which is LOW in CARB and HIGH in PROTEIN. Choice was to prepare something tasty, healthy and easy ……..and SOYA was the natural choice. Soya is rich in protein, fiber,... - 38.2397
Vatha Kuzhambu - Sun Dried Veggies In Tangy Curry
1. In a small bowl, add in the tamarind, sambar powder and turmeric powder. Mix with hands and set aside.
2. In a clay pot/pan, add in the oil and mustard seeds, let it splutter.
3. Stir in the fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.... - 94.8539
Arai Keerai Masiyal
This is a quick easy way to have greens everyday. Greens are powerhouses of vitamins and minerals and will do great benefits if you have them regularly in your diet. Remember, this keerai masiyal is to be had as a side dish. Some people whom we have served... - 40.9129
Kaamb Thoran (plantain Stem Fry)
Plantain stem or Kaamb or Vazhai Thandu is very nutritious and very rich in fiber. Its juice has been used in Ayurveda to cure many ailments for centuries. It helps in the health of the digestive system. - 42.2935
Bottle Gourd Stew
This stew curry is a perfect twist to the otherwise usual south indian bottle gourd sambar. It has a nice rich flavor from the spices and cashew nut paste that is added to give it the extra zing!! - 48.5563
Bapaiji Imi Dhansakh Nidar ( Traditional Parsi Dal )
1. Clean the drumsticks, cut each into 3 to 4 pieces and boil in salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. Wash the dal and soak it in water for 15-20 minutes.
3. Wash and chop the spring onions, chillies, methi bhaji, brinjal, pumpkin and radish leaves.
4. Wash... - 38.7335
Amaranth Stir Fry - Thotakoora Curry
This is a healthy, easy, tasty dish. I usually make whenever I get the fresh Amaranth Leaves in the market. A great way to add Greens into your diet. Try this easy recipe and u’ll surely get back to me and ask for some more recipes of this kind. - 120.902
Spicy Brinjal Curry
1. Melt the tamrind paste in warm water for 30 mins.
2. Microwave drum sticks with a pinch of salt and little water for 30-60 seconds and set aside.
3. For the spicy curry sauce: Heat oil in a pan, add channa daal, urad daal and stir.
4.... - 99.9771
Tindora (ivy Gourd) And Potato Stir Fry
Tindora or Ivy Gourd is commonly known by different names in India like - parwal, kundru, tondli, toroda, kunduri and so on. There are a variety of recipes from all over the world that list ivy gourd as the main ingredient. It is often compared to bitter... - 32.415
Chamna Ne Kolmi No Patio ( Prawn And Pomfret Patia )
4. Wash pomfret and prawns separately, apply salt and set aside.
5. Grind coconut, garlic, Kashmiri chillies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, pepper corns and masalas with the vinegar on a grinding stone or in a mixer.
6. Put the sesame oil, onions and curry... - 29.4541
Chole is a North Indian dish served with rotis, poori or bature. It is a protein rich dish. Here chickpeas are cooked perfectly in onion and tomato gravy with many spices. It is a rich and tasty dish. - 42.6361
Indian Cooking Basics: How To Prepare Basic Tadka
Back to basics, today you'll learn how to make basic Tadka which is a seasoning for your vegetables or lentils. It is basically tempering to enhance flavor of the dish.
Chaunk (Hindi: छौंक); sometimes spelled chhaunk, chounk, chonk, chhounk, or... - 109.138
Masala Dosa With Chutney
Masala Dosa - A delight from down south! Make this delicious South Indian Dosa with this recipe. Masala Dosa is famous all over the world for it's taste, size and the uniqueness. Originally coming from the Mysore in Karnataka, it has become popular among all... - 37.3939
Thuviyal or Thogayal is the Tamil word for ‘chutney’ or spread. It ranges from any combination of greens, or vegetables or totally herbal. The below recipe is of a herb which is called Solanum trilobatum, a common plant in South India known for its... - 40.7265
Idly & Dosa Part 2
If you are looking for yummy accompaniments to complement your idlis and dosas, then your search ends here. Chef Bhal Dave, in this continuation video, gives you two easy-to-make chutneys that can be prepared in a snap. Spicy, tasty, and totally tantalizing... - 76.3922
Idli & Dosa Part 1 A South Indian Treat
What can be a healthier way to kick-start your day than fluffy idlis and yummy dosas? Chef Bhal Dave tells you how to make fluffy idlis and crispy dosas easily. The best thing about these South Indian snacks is that they pack in fewer calories and can be... - 77.5494
Idli & Dosa Part 3
If you have failed to make restaurant-like perfect dosas at home, then this video is likely to come to your rescue. Chef Bhal Dave whips up delicious, flavorful potato filling for dosas that is likely to tickle your taste buds. Just follow his instructions to... - 76.534
Cheera Thoran (spinach Stir Fry With Grated Coconut)
If there is one leafy vegetable that I like the most then that has to be spinach. Add it to dal or make it into soup or wilt it a bit on tawa with basic seasoning; it is wonderful any way! Rich in vitamins, flavonoid, antioxidant and anti-aging properties,... - 30.6693
Simple South Indian Tadka - Indian Cooking Basics
Learn how to prepare simple South Indian Tadka (Tempering)
Chaunk (Hindi: छौंक); sometimes spelled chhaunk, chounk, chonk, chhounk, or chhonk; also called তড়কা(tarka, tadka),বাগার (bagar),ফোড়ন (phoron) in Bengali,... - 117.81
Easy Tomato Rice
Among the popular rice dishes prepared in India, is the 'tomato rice'. This popular South Indian dish, with it's tangy flavor makes a great one-dish meal. It is quick and easy to prepare and tastes delicious. Tomato rice is very commonly served with a raita,... - 34.1852
Schezwan Butter Dosa - Indian Crepe
Dosa is a traditional south Indian breakfast recipe and is equally popular on the streets of India. There are many variations of enjoying this Dosa and one among them would be the Schezwan Butter Dosa where the crispy dosa is covered with spicy schezwan... - 112.346