- » Fruit And Vegetable Chutney
Fruit And Vegetable Chutney Recipes
Enjoy our collection of fruit and vegetable chutney recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for fruit and vegetable chutney recipes.
Sauté onion in 1 tablespoon oil; stir in fresh cranberries, water and sugar. Boil 1 minute; stir in dry mustard and ground cloves, cinnamon and mace. - 27.4076
Apple & Dried Cherry Chutney
Apple and dried cherry chutney is a spiced fruit chutney made with granny smith apples. Prepared with added red onions, and spiced with ginger, red pepper and sugar to taste, the apple and dried cherry chutney has a hint of balsamic vinegar to taste. cooked... - 46.5528
Quarter apples, onions, carrots, oranges and lemon, and grind with coarse blade of food chopper; or use blender, grinding small quantities at a time, adding some of vinegar with fruit and vegetable quarters.
Grind or chop ginger and garlic.
Grind hot peppers... - 36.6638
Pumpkin And Fruit Chutney
This pumkin and fruit chuteny is an americanised version of an indian sweet pickle. Made with sultanas, zuchiini and pumpkin, the pumpkin and fruit chuteny is cooked with sugar and spiced along with pectin and can be served as a side. - 44.7471
Apple And Tomato Chutney
Peel and core apples.
Cook in very little water until tender and pulpy.
Chop tomatoes, onions, garlic and dried fruit and add these with sugar to the apples.
Tie mustard seed in pieces of muslin, add with remaining ingredients, including vinegar.
Cook gently,... - 32.6035
Sweet And Sour Cranberry Chutney
If you are sick and tired of regular cranberry sauce, then you should try this sweet and sour cranberry chutney. This preparation is a blend of all tastes like sweet, sour, tangy, hot and spicy. It is also quite easy and can be served on any occasion as a... - 125.339
Peel the mangoes and remove the pits; cut into bite size chunks.
Combine the mangoes with all the remaining ingredients except the apples in a large saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mango is very soft and the mixture is... - 36.8166
Peach 'n' Apple Chutney
Put all ingredients except honey into a 6-quart kettle; mix well.
Bring to full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat and cook slowly 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Blend in the honey and continue cooking... - 39.7731
Four Fruit Chutney
Cut oranges, lemon, apples, onions and carrots into quarters and grind with the coarse knife of a food chopper.
If you use a blender, grind small quantities at a time, adding some of the vinegar with the fruit and vegetable quarters.
Grind or chop the ginger... - 33.5065
Pineapple And Mango Chutney
No Indian meal would be complete without chutney - a sweet-savoury mix of fruit or vegetables and spices. Served in small quantities as a pleasing accompaniment to the main dish, it adds sharp, contrasting aromas and flavours. This pineapple and mango chutney... - 35.6848
Tomato Apple Chutney
In large heavy no aluminum saucepan, combine tomatoes, apples, sugar, onions, vinegar, currants, ginger, garlic, salt, mustard, mustard seeds, hot pepper flakes, cinnamon and allspice; bring to boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to medium; simmer,... - 34.1709
Instant Mango Chutney - Aam Ki Chutney - Mango Salsa
Those who like making different kinds of chutney will like this one. The mango chutney tastes different from the regular ones. It's simple to make and you can eat it with corn chips. Check out the recipe as chef Bhavna shows this amazing chutney. - 102.575
Orange Peel Chutney
The peel of orange has its place in the cuisine of food in traditional indian dishes, and one such dish is the Orange Peel Chutney. But before that let us go step by step.
How to dry orange peel:-
Peel 2 fresh oranges with a vegetable peeler, taking care not... - 47.3773
Laverne's Quick Chutney
Melt butter in heavy frying pan and add seasonings.
Saute zucchini, add brown sugar and lemon and cook 2 or 3 minutes, stirring.
Add tomatoes, crushed and chunk pineapple, and vinegar.
Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often.
Remove cinnamon stick.
Serve hot,... - 37.2674
Fruity Tomato Chutney
This recipe for tomato chutney is prepared with tomatoes and deired fruits. Cooked along with sugar and onions and spices, the tomato chutney is served as a side in meals or as an aftercourse. - 43.8664
Peel and chop apples, onions and tomatoes.
Chop raisins, crystallized ginger and almonds.
Combine brown sugar, ground ginger, mustard, salt, cayenne pepper and vinegar with fruits, vegetables, ginger and almonds in large kettle.
Bring to a... - 39.5362
Put the fruit into a saucepan and just cover with water.
Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fruit is tender.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
Simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes, or until the chutney is very... - 30.6331
Home Style Chutney
1. From oranges, grate 2 tablespoons peel and squeeze 2/3 cup juice. In 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy saucepot over high heat, heat orange peel, juice, nectarines, and next 9 ingredients to boiling, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered,... - 34.1637
Apple And Tomato Chutney
Put the prepared fruit and vegetables in the pressure cooker with the garlic, seasoning spices and vinegar.
Put on the lid and bring to high (15 lb) pressure.
Cook for 10 minutes.
Reduce pressure slowly.
Stir in the sugar and sultanas.
Return the uncovered... - 45.2538
Pineapple Ginger & Orange Chutney
With a vegetable peeler, pare only orange part of peel from oranges.
Cut peel into long, very thin slivers.
Cut off and discard remaining peel and white membrane from each orange.
Holding fruit over a bowl, cut parallel to membrane to release... - 38.4785
Spiced Eggplant With Mango Chutney
1) Wash eggplant thoroughly and pat dry. Cut the ends and chop eggplant crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
2) If using radishes, wash and keep aside. Leave the roots and leaves intact.
3) Take a clean large bowl and put slices eggplants in... - 43.6495
Peel and grate the apple and onion.
Skin the tomatoes and chop roughly.
Finely chop the celery and pimiento.
Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil, simmer 4-5 minutes. - 32.4022
Tomato And Apple Chutney
1. Using a knife, cut up tomatoes. If using red toamtoes, skin them first in boiling water.
2. Skin the apples and onions and slice them in quarters. Wash raisins, keep aside.
3. In a blender, mince all fruits and transfer the mince into... - 42.886
Papaya And Potato Salad With Mango Chutney Vinaigrette
Papaya And Potato Salad With Mango Chutney Vinaigrette! You can just imagine the palette of flavors that this salad offers! Try the Papaya And Potato Salad With Mango Chutney Vinaigrette! Trust me you will be pleasantly surprised! - 41.7521
Indian Plum Sauce(alu Bukhara Ki Chutney)
This delicious Indian plum sauce(alu bukhara ki chutney) is one of its kind. You can enjoy it as a dip or as a spread. Enjoy the mouthwatering flavors of this exotic Indian dish. - 38.099
Grind together, or process in a food processor, the grated coconut, chick-peas, and green chilies.
Mix until well combined.
Pour oil into a small frying pan and place over medium heat.
When hot, add mustard seeds, curry powder, and minced... - 40.4146
Raw Papaya Chutney
Skin and deseed the papaya, cut into thin long pieces and then slice them and cut them into strips. Wash and cut the capsicums into strips.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a karahi. When hot, add the mustard, cumin and coriander seeds and allow them to pop. Then... - 34.8277
Fresh Apple And Mint Chutney
These are a delight. Many fruits and vegetables can be used for this purpose, blended or chopped with a selection of fresh herbs and chillies. - 34.8387
The widely known condiment of India is the chutney which is served with other dishes. Chutney contained different fruits, spices, sugar, and vinegar that are cooked and mashed together. The earlier traditions of making this condiment were done with the use of... - 41.3732
1. In 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, heat first 7 ingredients to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
2. Add prunes and remaining ingredients to mixture; cook until mixture... - 30.8722
Core and peel apples.
Chop apples, onions, tomatoes, raisins and prunes coarsely.
Combine fruits and vegetables with vinegar and seasonings.
Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 4 hours. - 36.3053
Tomato Tamarind Chutney
Heat the oil in a 2-quart pot over medium-high heat.
When hot, put in the asafetida, and a few seconds later, add the cumin and mustard seeds.
The cumin seeds will begin to darken in the hot oil within a few seconds.
Put in the chopped onions and minced... - 43.904
Banana Skin And Potato Patties Stuffed With Green Coconut Chutney
Wash the bananas and nick them at both ends. Remove the skin and clean it on both sides. Cut into pieces and place in a vessel with 2 cups of water, 2 teaspoons sugar and the juice of 1 sour lime. Cook till the skin is very soft. Drain from the water in a... - 39.8848
1. Over a large basin, use a dinner fork to remove the berries from their stalks.
2. On a vegetable board, peel and finely chop the onions.
3. Finely dice the peeled and cored apples.
4. Ready 3-4 preserve or coffee jars with tight fitting,... - 43.9684
Honeyed Polenta Cakes With Fresh Tomato Chutney
My honeyed polenta cakes with fresh tomato chutney are a great way to help incorporate a healthy Mediterranean flair to your diet which can be a keystone in the fight to prevent cancers as well as illnesses such as diabetes and heart disease, doctors say.... - 131.433
Grilled Chicken With Fresh Peach & Apple Chutney
1. For grilled chicken, take out the back portion of the chicken breast leaving behind the pulley bones.
2. Preheat oven to 350-375 degree.
3. For grilled chicken, season chicken either with salt and pepper or use any kind of rub like... - 119.17
Procedure for Green chutney Grind all these ingredients to a paste.
Procedure for Tamarind chutney Cook all ingredients in water till the mixture thickens.
Cool and grind till smooth.
Procedure for Bhel puri In a large bowl mix all the ingredients.
Put into... - 36.4407
In shallow dish, brush tenderloins on both sides with oil and rub with seasonings.
Squeeze lemon over turkey; set aside.
Prepare outdoor grill for cooking or preheat broiler.
Grill or broil tenderloins 5 to 6 inches from heat source 5 to 8 minutes on each... - 25.9752
Vegetable Gular Kabab
1 Cook the gram dal and bananas separately till just done. On no account they should be overcooked. Drain the dal. Peel and grate the banana.
2 Heat the saffron and mix with the milk. Finely chop the green chillies and fresh coriander.
3 Blend the dal,... - 35.7511
Mayonnaise Free Fruit And Nut Slaw
1. Slice off the stem end of the cabbage end.
2. Pluck and discard the outer wilted leaves.
3. Use a long vegetable knife to halve the cabbage lengthwise and then cut into quarters.
4. Cut out and discard cores from cabbage quarters.
5. Finely... - 43.3861
Curried Tuna And Fruit Salad
This curried tuna and fruit salad is a fresh and nutritious salad that can be served as the main course meal. Tuna and vegetables tossed together with mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon juice and spiced with curry powder, is filled in fluted cantoloupe melons and... - 38.647
Fruited Cornish Hens
Preheat oven to 450°.
Remove and discard giblets from hens.
Rinse hens under cold water, and pat dry.
Remove skin, and trim excess fat; split hens in half lengthwise using an electric knife.
Rub hen halves with curry powder.
Place hen halves, meaty sides up,... - 36.4497
Creamy Chicken Salad With Rice And Fruits
Here is a great way to use your leftovers to make a delicious salad. Watch this impressive video that shows Chef Walter Staib preparing a creamy chicken salad with rice and fruits. The video is outstanding and offers great slicing techniques and tips for an... - 114.553
Herbed Pork Roast With Vegetables
Place roast, fat side up, in roasting pan.
Peel garlic, cut in half and rub cut sides over meat.
Sprinkle roast with thyme and sage.
Insert meat thermometer, if using, into thickest part of roast, being careful that it doesn't touch bone. (Mom or Dad can... - 42.0599
Savory Stuffed Celery
Beat the cheese with the milk in a small electric mixer bowl at high speed until creamy about 2 minutes.
Add the chutney and mustard, beat just enough to combine, then fold in the ham and parsley with a wooden spoon.
Stuff the hollow of each celery stalk with... - 28.899
Baked Stuffed Papaya
Combine the coriander, cumin, cottage and cream cheeses, vermouth, curry and chutney and mix thoroughly to blend well.
Add the raisins and water chestnuts and mix to blend.
Use to fill the seeded papaya halves.
Cover tightly and refrigerate.
NOTE TO COOK: To... - 35.4834
Raw Papaya Salan With Green Peas
Peel the papaya and cut the flesh into 1/2" cubes. Soak them in water for 20 minutes. Drain in a sieve.
Place 3 tablespoons of oil in a vessel. Heat over a medium flame. When hot, add the curry sprigs and 5-spice leaf. When they heat, add ground onions and... - 35.892
This lamb curry is a fruited lamb recipe. Cooked with apples, this lamb curry has vegetables like tomatoes and onions in it. Flavored with chutney and sour cream along with curry powder, it makes a savory dish. Garnished with peanuts, it is best served hot. - 45.1423
1. To make chutney, heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add chilies, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Stir in spices and cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add apples, sugar and vinegar to pan, bring to simmering and simmer, uncovered, for... - 31.6437
Fruity Mulligatawny Soup
Chop the apple and vegetables into tiny pieces, and toss in the hot dripping, then work in the flour and curry powder.
Add the stock, bring to the boil and cook until thickened.
Add chutney and sultanas and cook together for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
Rub through a... - 37.7272
1. Saute onion and garlic in vegetable oil until soft in a large, heavy saucepan; stir in curry powder, allspice, salt and the coriander. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
2. Stir in fruits, water and lemon juice. Simmer, uncovered,... - 34.9136
Curried Beef And Potato Stew
1. In a 4- or 5-quart electric slow cooker, mix together all the ingredients except the peas.
2. Cover and cook on the low heat setting 7 to 8 hours, or until the beef and potatoes are tender but not falling apart, stirring once during the cooking time, if... - 33.4673
Tomato And Cucumber Sandwich With Spicy Mint Spread
Bored of the same old regular cheesy, mayo based sandwiches? Try this! You can try variety of novel ideas to make your sandwich colorful and delicious. Just the way in this video, you can use mint spread that would make it distinctly different and use the... - 119.069
Curried Bastmati Rice And Apple Salad
1. In a serving bowl, combine rice, apple, celery, radishes, onions and raisins.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients; pour over the salad and toss to mix well. Serve at room temperature. - 30.8566
Chicken Satay Drumstick
The chicken satay drumsticks are oven cooked chicken drumsticks. Tossed in flour and satay sauce made with peanut butter, fruit chutney, lemon juice, sherry and soy sauce along with spices,the chicken satay drumsticks are left to marinate and coated with... - 46.6935
Avocado And Carrot Salads
1) With lettuce leaves, line 4 individual plates.
2) With a border of cucumber and carrots, garnish each plate.
3) Cut the avocados in half and then seed and peel them. Slice the fruit lengthwise and sprinkle immediately with lemon juice in order to... - 48.5539
Grilled Marinated Fish
Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade.
Arrange the fish in a flat dish and pour over the marinade.
Marinate for 2 hours, turning the fish once or twice during this time.
Line a broiler pan with foil and arrange the fish pieces on it.
Brush them... - 33.2563
Curried Rice Salad With Chicken And Mango
Peel and finely dice the onion and saute in the oil until translucent.
Add the rice and the curry powder.
Heat briefly, stirring constantly.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Cook 20 minutes covered over low heat, then allow to cool.
Wash and clean... - 42.8085
Simple Paneer Tikka : Indian Vegetarian Appetizer
Very simple Indian food recipe for Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Tikka which makes a great appetizer. It's not only a tasty party appetizer but also great finger food, good for bbq, summer parties, pool parties and all other occasions. - 0
Caribbean Pork Chops
Carribean pork chops is a fruited and spiced pork chops recipe. Skillet cooked with garlic, ginger root, coconut milk and cayenne pepper, the caribbean pork chops are flavorful and savory. Finished with a hint of lime juice, the pork chops are good with rice... - 44.6332
Beef With Pineapple
Mix together the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish.
Add the beef slices and marinate for 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
Drain and reserve any remaining marinade.
Melt the butter in a frying-pan.
Add the onions, mushrooms and pepper and fry for 5... - 39.6777
Indonesian Salad Dressing
Heat oil in a saucepan.
Add onion, garlic, cumin, curry powder and coriander.
Cook over gentle; heat for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cool to room temperature.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if... - 31.687
Hot Satay Dip
Adapted from Sharp Microwave and Convection Cookbook. - 36.6156
Cheese, Olive And Nut Gelatin Salad
1. Set a 1-quart loaf pan, ring mold or other fancy mold in the refrigerator to chill until the gelatin mixture is ready. Then rinse it with cold water but do not dry it.
2. Blend cottage and Roquefort or Blue cheese with the cream, salt, paprika, olives and... - 38.451
Sweet Meat Curry
1. In a large saucepan heat oil over a medium heat, and cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until onion is tender.
2. Add curry powder, ginger and chilli, if using, and cook, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
3. Add carrots, celery, apple,... - 42.1943
Low Calorie Idli Dhokla
Moong dal idli dhokla is a healthy low calorie variant of regular chana dal and rice dhokla. The use of moong dal in the preparation of dhokla helps in increasing the iron, protein, folic acid and zinc content of the dish, thus helping to provide the... - 0
Hot Exotic Curry Sauce
1. In a pan stir to mix well combining all ingredients except arrowroot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Strain through a sieve, pressing as much of the fruit and vegetables through as possible.
3. In a bowl make a thin, smooth... - 39.027
Paneer Tikka - Indian Appetizer
Paneer Tikka is an exotic appetizer where marinated paneer is skewered and baked in Tandoor oven. Just to keep it simple and easy this Paneer Tikka is baked in the regular oven. if you don’t have oven simply grill it on the tawa with some oil. - 0
Korma Gosht Beef Curry With Basmati Rice
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil and sautÃ© onion and garlic over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until light brown.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in ginger, peppercorns, bay leaves, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, and almonds;... - 46.5444
Javanese Fried Rice
1. Take a large saucepan and add water to it. Stir in chicken broth or bouillon cubes, curry powder or cumin seeds and rice and cook for about 15- 20 minutes until the rice turns just soft and liquid gets absorbed completely. Spread the rice into a... - 40.5418