- » Fried Smelts
Fried Smelts Recipes
Enjoy our collection of fried smelts recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for fried smelts recipes.
1. On waxed paper, combine bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. In pie plate, beat eggs with water. Dip fish, 1 at a time, first in egg, then in bread crumbs. Repeat, coating fish twice. Place fish on another sheet of waxed paper.
2. In 12-inch skillet over... - 28.3379
You May Also Like!
Oven Fried Smelt
Heat margarine and oil in jelly roll pan, 15 1/2X 10 1/2X 1 inch, in 425Â° oven until margarine is melted.
Mix remaining ingredients except fish.
Coat fish with flour mixture; place in pan.
Cook uncovered 5 minutes; turn fish.
Cook uncovered until fish... - 30.4449
1. Split, clean and remove heads from fresh smelts, or thaw frozen smelts. Pour beer over smelts in a large bowl; cover with transparent wrap; chill at least 1 hour.
2. Melt enough shortening, or pour in enough oil, to make a 1-inch depth in a skillet; heat... - 27.1887
Fried Smelts has an unlikely taste. The fish and eggs give the Fried Smelts a thrilling taste. Fried Smelts is inspired by restaurants internationally. Must catch it. - 27.0709
Cut off heads and tails of smelts; eviscerate fish, and wash thoroughly inside and out.
Drain on paper towels, and pat as dry as possible.
Combine egg, milk and salt.
Mix flour and crumbs together.
Dip fish in liquid, then in dry mixture.
Have about 1/4-inch... - 31.1612
Fried Smelts With Egg
Smelts should be very fresh and not washed more than is necessary to clean them.
Dry in a cloth, flour lightly, dip them in egg and coat with very fine breadcrumbs.
Put them into hot fat or oil and fry until pale brown.
Drain well and serve with plain melted... - 22.9185
Have you ever tried thee Fried smelts ? Let me tell you they are strongly addictive ! Try the Smelts out for a snack with your favorite dip and tell me how you liked them! - 39.9222
Clean the smelts, leaving on the heads and tails; rinse and pat dry.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper, shake in a bag with flour; dip in a mixture of the egg and water; roll in crumbs.
Let stand about 15 minutes.
Fry smelts without crowding in heated fat 3 to 4... - 26.0678
Pan Fried Smelts
1) With damp cloth wipe the smelts.
2) Season flour with salt and pepper.
3) Sprinkle the smelts with seasoned flour.
4) In a shallow bowl, combine egg and water.
5) Dip the smelts in the egg mixture and then roll in bread crumbs.
6) In... - 42.8907
Pan Fried Smelts
Wipe fish with paper towel.
Dip into evaporated milk, then roll in combined flour, cornmeal, and seasonings.
Heat enough fat to cover the bottom of a skillet.
Pan-fry fish for about 5 minutes on each side, or until well browned and done.
Meanwhile, melt... - 31.8197
Drain smelts as dry as possible on paper towels.
Mix eggs, milk, and seasonings in a bowl.
Mix flour and bread crumbs together on a large piece of wax paper.
Dip each smelt in the liquid and then in crumbs.
Heat fat in skillet.
Add smelts, cooking them until... - 35.8713
This mouthwateringly delicious recipe for Pan-Fried Smelts is great to enjoy with your family and friends. This Pan-Fried Smelts is indeed a great treat for any occasion or any time of the day. Give it a try and savor this wonderful recipe! - 43.6002