- » Fried Scone
Fried Scone Recipes
Enjoy our collection of fried scone recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for fried scone recipes.
Frying Pan Scones
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Mix all the dry ingredients with milk.
3) Beat the eggs and add to the milk to make a smooth and creamy mixture.
4) Divide the dough in 3 or 4 parts.
5) Roll 1/4 inch thick and cut into round shape.
6)... - 44.9985
Scones For Breakfast
When you are looking for a yummy baked treat for breakfast, brunch or tea, yummy scones perfectly fits the bill. This sweetened quick bread is a breeze to make. Infamous for being not so healthy, scones can make for a yummy treat when enjoyed with fruits. - 93.6342
Sift the flour, salt and soda into a bowl, then stir in the sugar.
Pour in the milk, egg and butter and beat until it forms a batter.
Heat a greased griddle or heavy frying-pan.
Drop tablespoons of the batter on to the griddle or pan, well spaced apart, and... - 25.0161
Rich Drop Scones
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; stir in sugar.
Beat egg lightly, add butter, milk and cream.
Beat liquid into flour mixture until smooth.
Heat frying pan or griddle; spoon 1 tablespoon mixture on to greased heated griddle.
Cook until bubbly... - 25.7571
Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and add the sugar.
Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs and syrup.
Using a wooden spoon, beat the eggs and syrup, gradually drawing in the flour and adding the milk by degrees.
When the batter has the... - 35.0761
Sweet Scotch Scones
These Scotch Scones are terrific !Try out these fried scones are terrific ! Try out these Scotch Scones and let me know if you like them ! - 30.1121
Pan Fried Potato Scones
Peel the potatoes and put in a saucepan.
Cover with water and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Drain well, then mash with 1 tablespoon of the butter, the milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
(Add only enough milk to make... - 45.3713
Cinnamon Drop Scones
1) Beat the eggs.
2) Take a clean dish towel to keep the scones.
3) In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, stir in the sugar and the beaten egg, then gradually add the milk and the melted butter.
4) Beat the... - 41.0391
1. Have ready a girdle or strong frying pan. (or the hot plate of an electric cooker). Brush with melted margarine and place over a moderate heat.
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder (or other raising agent), salt, cinnamon or spice together twice into a... - 38.0136
Drop Scones are super delicious snack that you simply shouldn't miss. I served it last week at tea time and everyone loved it. Try this Drop Scones recipe and you will understand why. - 41.5225
1. Preheat a griddle, heavy-based frying pan or an electric frying pan. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre.
2. Add the egg and half the milk, then gradually incorporate the surrounding flour to make a... - 33.1166
Mix the potatoes, butter and salt in a bowl.
Add the flour gradually (the quantity required will depend upon the flouriness of the potatoes) until a soft dough forms.
The dough must not be too dry.
On a lightly floured board, roll out the dough to about 1/4... - 27.4319
Soda Farls Or Griddle Scones
1 Preheat a griddle or heavy frying pan.
2 In a bowl, sieve and sift all the dry ingredients.
3 Add enough buttermilk to make a soft, but manageable dough.
4 Divide into four and roll each piece lightly in flour.
5 Shake a... - 34.3409
1.Sieve flour, confectioner's sugar, salt and baking powder together.
2.Fold oil, egg, lemon rind and milk into the flour mixture and blend well using a spoon until smooth.
3.Allow the mixture to stay for 10 minutes.
4.Take a skillet or... - 41.6538
1. In a mixing bowl mash potatoes and green peas together.
2. Add cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt as per taste, cumin powder, pepper and coriander powder.
3. Add the flour and mix well without adding water to make firm dough.
4. Turn the... - 111.199
Electric Skillet Scones
1) In a bowl, sift in dry ingredients.
2) Cut the shortening into the dry mixture.
3) Add milk to the dry mixture and combine to prepare dough.
4) Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
5) Shape the parts in circular pieces with ¾ inch thickness.... - 40.0082
Ham And Potato Scones
Do you want a delicious Ham And Potato Scones recipe? Treat your near and dear ones with this amazing Ham And Potato Scones as a Side Dish . The main ingredient in this recipe is Vegetable. I shall look forward to your comments on this recipe. - 48.0152
Apple Drop Scones
1. Into a large bowl put the flour, cereal, apple, salt and sugar.
2. Beat well adding the egg and milk until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. With cover allow to stand for 15 minutes,
4. Heat a large, heavy-based frying-pan or griddle... - 45.726
Using a sharp knife cut the potatoes into even-sized pieces.
Half fill a medium sized saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
Add the potatoes and a little salt, cover and boil for about 10-15 minutes until they are tender.
Drain the potatoes into a... - 38.2754
Sift the dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
Add the egg and half the milk and mix to a smooth batter.
Gradually beat in the remaining milk with the oil, mixing to a thick batter.
Heat a heavy frying pan or griddle and... - 39.1916
Wholemeal Drop Scones
Mix the flours and pour half into a mixing bowl.
Mix the yeast with the water until well combined.
Pour into the centre of the flour and leave until frothy.
Place in the bowl and gradually mix in the remaining flour, using the double-bladed chopping... - 29.864
1 Place a griddle or a heavy bottomed frying pan over heat.
2 In a bowl sift the flour and salt.Stir in sugar.
3 Make a well in the centre of the sifted flour and drop in the egg,gradually add the milk.
4 Bake in the centre of a preheated oven at 400... - 33.5985
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, soda and cream of tartar.
2. Slowly add the sugar while beating continuously and then add the egg and milk to make a thick a batter.
3. Spoon out spoonfuls of the mixture on top of a lightly greased griddle... - 34.0044
Classic Drop Scones
1) In a mixing bowl sieve flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar and sugar.
2) Create a well at the center of flour mixture.
3) Pour an egg into it.
4) With a wooden spoon stir in milk.
5) Stir from the centre of the bowl and mix well.
6)... - 39.7827
Chive And Potato Scones
1. Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 20 minutes, then drain thoroughly. Return the potatoes to the clean pan and mash them. Preheat a griddle or heavy-based frying pan over a low heat.
2. Add the flour, olive oil and snipped chives... - 32.3012
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate bowl, cream the butter.
Beat in eggs and almond extract.
Pour butter-egg mixture into flour and beat well; beat in buttermilk and brown sugar.
Fold in walnuts and raisins.
Pour... - 41.1195
1. Into a large basin, combine mashed potatoes, butter and salt.
2. Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients well.
3. Add flour to the potato mixture, a little at a time and mix with the potato mash until you get a soft dough like mixture.
4. Turn... - 37.674
Cheese & Cumin Scones
Fry chopped onions in hot oil till pale pink and translucent.
Add the ground masala paste and fry well.
When the oil comes to the surface, put in the pork and bacon pieces and fry.
Add the bread cubes, peas, carrots, fried potatoes and green coriander.
Mix... - 37.034
Mix flour, soda and salt together in a bowl.
Gradually stir in enough buttermilk so it is of a dough consistency.
On a floured board, put 1 tbsp. of the mixture and roll around.
Pat it down into a scone shape about 1" thick.
Continue with rest of... - 31.4852
Pineapple And Cinnamon Drop Scones
1. Preheat a griddle, heavy-based frying pan or an electric frying pan. Put the wholemeal flour in a mixing bowl. Sift in the white flour, add the cinnamon and sugar and make a well in the centre.
2. Add the egg with half the pineapple juice and gradually... - 35.0134
Traditional Potato Scones
1) In a bowl, add all the ingredients and knead well.
2) On a floured board, roll out the dough to a 1/8 inch (0.25 cm) thickness.
3) Pierce with a fork, and then cut into triangles.
4) Quickly heat on a lightly floured frying pan or on a griddle.
5)... - 32.0523
Scones With Savory Topping
To prepare scones, sift flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
Rub in butter.
Add enough milk to make a soft dough.
Place the dough in a polythene bag and chill for one hour.
To prepare filling, heat oil in a pan and fry onion.
Let it cook for... - 41.3295
1. Into a large basin, sieve the flour, salt, cream of tarter and soda.
2. Mix in the sugar and oatmeal.
3. Pour the fat and milk into the dry ingredients.
4. Using your hand, bind ingredients into a soft dough.
5. Turn the dough on to a flour... - 43.5752
Savory Drop Scones Or Pancakes
1. Into a large basin, sieve the flour, salt, cream of tarter and soda.
2. Mix in the chopped onion.
3. Add the egg and milk into the dry ingredients.
4. Using a wooden spoon, bind ingredients into a smooth and thick batter.
5. Heat a... - 43.0417
Bacon Scones Biscuits
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Heat the oven to (220°C/425°F or Gas Mark 8).
3) Fry the bacon rashers in its own fat.
4) On paper towels, drain the bacon.
3) In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredeintsand rub in the butter until the... - 38.5539
Chicken Pot Pie With Scone Topping
1. Melt butter in a large frying pan over moderate heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add potatoes, onion and carrots and cook, stirring constantly, for a further 7 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, then wine, stock, cream and tomato... - 35.9578
Beef Goulash With Scone Cobbler Topping
1) Cut the meat into cubes.
2) Slice the onions.
3) In a pan, heat fat and brown meat on both sides.
4) Take a casserole and put the meat with draining spoon into it.
6) In a pan fry sliced onion and put it over meat.
7) In the same... - 43.4514
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. In a frying pan heat the olive oil and fry the chopped bacon and onion for 5 minutes such that softened.
3. Ad and fry the lamb and fry with frequent stirring such that it is browned... - 44.7161
Peppered Beef Fillet With Potato Pea & Horseradish Mash
Pess the peppercorns on to both sides of each steak, then set the steaks aside.
For the mash, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 12—15 minutes until tender, adding the peas 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
Add the horseradish... - 38.6934
Trim slices of steak into neat portions.
Melt butter in a heavy frying pan, add steak and sear over a high heat for 1 minute on each side, reduce heat to medium and cook for a further 4-5 minutes on each side—a little longer if steak is preferred medium... - 34.3938
Fried Scone Recipes By Category