- » Fried Millet
Fried Millet Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Fried Millet recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Fried Millet recipes.
Millet And Vegetable Stir Fry
Cook the millet according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
Add the mushrooms, carrots, and onion and coat with cooking spray.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until... - 38.9834
Chinese Millet Casserole
This Chinese Millet Casserole tastes awesome! I tried this Casserole with noodles and it tasted divine ! Try out the Chinese Milllet casserole with any dish of your choice and tell me if you liked it ! - 38.8449
Millet-rice With Stir Fried Tempeh And Vegetables
How about Tempeh for your next meal? In this video, you will see how to make a millet-rice dish served with stir fried tempeh and vegetables. This is a really simple recipe that is healthy and highly nutritious. Watch this video and learn how to make this... - 118.306
Millet porridge is a rich and healthy way to have breakfast. Now give your family the nutrition of millet by making this extremely simple dish. The dish is even made simpler by the chef who explains each step in a simple way, so that you can enjoy your... - 95.9247
Savory Millet And Potato Stew
Hey, you! Check out this stew! Carrots, cauliflower, red bell pepper and a touch of soy and fresh thyme flavor this meatless main dish. - 34.3926
Fry bacon in 10-inch skillet until crisp.
Remove from skillet and drain; crumble and reserve.
Cook and stir onion, green pepper and millet in bacon fat until onion is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in water, bouillon and ginger.
Heat to boiling; reduce... - 35.6491
Roasted Peoppers With Millet And Basil
1. Cut each red pepper in half and remove the seeds and white membrane. Pack the pepper halves tightly into a roasting tin with the skin side down.
2. Heat a frying pan until hot, add the millet grains and toast for 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan often.
3. In a... - 36.2069
Toast the millet grains in a little oil until golden.
Tip into a bowl.
Cut the chicken into pieces -about 5 cm/2 inches long and 1 cm/1/2 inch wide.
Fry the garlic and/or onion in a little more oil.
Then add the chicken and brown the outside.
Add the cumin... - 42.8907
Bring salted water to a boil, stir in millet, turn heat down and simmer over direct heat or transfer to top of double boiler, place over boiling water and cook, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes until millet is soft.
Turn into oiled loaf pan and cool.
Refrigerate... - 28.3174
In a 10 to 12-inch frying pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
Add onion; stir often until limp, about 3 minutes.
Add millet and stir until it smells and tastes toasted (chew a few grains; color does not change much), about 5 minutes.
Add broth slowly;... - 26.6316
Wash and soak the split peas for about 2 hours.
Drain well and set aside.
Dry roast the millet for 5 minutes, remove from the heat and set aside.
Heat the ghee or oil in a heavy frying pan.
Add the cinnamon sticks, turmeric and garam masala; saute for 8-10... - 42.481
Stove-top Millet Cakes
Place the millet in a large pan with the water and salt.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Add the courgettes, bring back to the boil and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Leave to cool.
When cold, mash the millet and courgettes.
Add... - 38.1592
Millet And Tomato Gratin
1. In a skillet, heat the oil and gently fry the onions for about 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in carrots and sweat over low heat for about 5 minutes, and add thyme and millet.
3. Cook for 2 minutes until the grains get slightly toasted.
4. Make tomatoes and... - 45.5337
1) Attach metal blade to the work bowl of a food processor and then cut parsley and chives in it into 2-inch lengths.
2) Pulse them on/off until finely minced.
3) Take them off from bowl and set aside.
4) Pulse onion on/off until chopped... - 44.6539
Millet Peanut Burgers
Process sunflower seeds and sesame seeds together in a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Combine with all other burger ingredients in a bowl.
Form into six 4-inch burgers. Skillet-fry in vegetable oil over medium heat until golden brown on both... - 29.5673
Millet With Broccoli
1. In a saucepan, steam the broccoli until soft for 5 minutes. Keep it aside.
2. Take a 2-quart saucepan and put it on high heat. Add the stock and bring it to boil.
Add the millet.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and cover the pan. Then... - 42.5474
Millet With Broccoli
In a 2-quart saucepan over high heat, bring the stock to a boil.
Stir in the millet.
Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and cook for 25 minutes, or until the millet is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove from the heat and fluff with... - 46.2647
Millet Vegetable Pilaf
1) Attach a metal blade to the work bowl of a food processor and then cut onion in it into 1-inch pieces.
2) Pulse onion on/off until chopped medium-fine.
3) Attach slicing disc to the work bowl and fit carrots in it after cutting in half... - 43.8059
Vegan Meatloaf - The Vegan Zombie
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a meatloaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a pot boil vegetable stock and add in the millet. Bring to boil and turn the heat to low, simmer for 20 minutes. Let it cool once done.... - 0
Heat the oil in a thick bottomed pan and place the mustard in it.
When it splutters add the turmeric and the other seasoning ingredients.
Stir fry for 30 seconds.
Then add the water slowly.
When the water comes to a boil, lower the flame and add the rye flour... - 43.8849
Easy Stir Fry With Tempeh And Vegetables
If you're looking for a different stir-fry recipe, then this recipe is a good one. The Chef makes the stir-fry from Tempeh, which is a traditionally soy product originally from Indonesia. Do check out this recipe. - 137.541
Bombil Kay Tirtirvay
Fry the masala and salt on a medium fire till oil surfaces to the top.
Add in 1 cup hot water and simmer till gravy is slightly thick.
Add the bombay duck and simmer on a low fire for 5 mins.
Serve with millet or jowar rotis. - 37.6298
Baingan Ka Bharta
Roast aubergines over a coal fire till skin is charred and the flesh soft.
Remove skin and mash flesh to a pulp, put into a pan, mix in the yoghurt, salt and minced ingredients.
Make a well in the centre and put a live coal into it, quickly pour hot oil on it... - 35.0936
Harvest Vegetables With Parsley Sauce
1. In a skillet, heat the oil and fry leeks for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in other vegetables and cook them at high heat.
3. Cover the pan and cook at low heat for about 5-7 minutes until vegetables are soft.
4. Add little water to the pan and cook the... - 48.0964
Methi Thepla is a traditional gujarathi dish, but here I modified that to suit my taste buds and made it still healthier than the basic version by using Millet flour. - 0
Bombil Ki Chutney
Heat oil in a frying pan.
Fry bombil till crisp and golden brown.
Remove from oil and pound coarsely when cool.
Remove hot oil from fire and add in the garlic, onion, salt, pounded masala and bombils into it.
Mix we till cool.
Keep in a china bowl or glass... - 38.6865
This is a very famous gujarati snack. The best thing is its a finger food. - 34.3032
Oriental Mapo Tofu
Love tofu?? then this one is a must try. Mapo Tofu is a dish of Chinese origin which is equally popular in Japan. The delectable taste of tofu blended with other authentic oriental ingredients make this dish irresistible. Watch the chef prepare the Oriental... - 142.68
Baked Palak Methi Puri
These baked palak methi puris are nutritious and healthy and nutritious flat breads that can be served as a meal with a side. Prepared with a batter of millet flour, wheat flour and flavored with ginger and green chilis and fenugreek leaves, the baked palak... - 41.6875
Mix rice, cereal, and salt and form into patties.
Dip in beaten egg and then whole wheat flour.
Fry in hot oil in skillet until crisp on the bottom.
Turn and fry on the other side.
Serve with tamari. - 28.2266
This Chili Excellente tastes fabulous ! I tried it with a bowl of rice, you can eat it as an independent dish too ! Try out the Chili Excellente that is truly excellent and tell me if you like it ! - 43.4626
Individual Mushroom Savouries
1. Fry onions light brown oil
2. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes
3. Mix the flour and soya flour with a little cold water or stock and stir into vegetables.
4. Allow to boil meanwhile stir it for a couple of minutes
5. Add potato, bredcrumbs,... - 44.8906
Kodo Ki Roti
This Kodo Ki Roti is so yummy and filling ! This finger millet sweetish flatbread makes a delightful snack . Try this Kodo Ki Roti and let me know if you like it ! - 27.2129
Carrot Cashew Slice
Place the millet in a large pan with the water.
Simmer for 30-40 minutes, until tender.
Heat a dry frying pan and roast the cashews over a high heat for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 22QÂ°C/425Â°F/Gas... - 43.6438
Blend buttermilk, egg yolks, honey, and melted butter or margarine in a large bowl.
Add dry ingredients.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
Fold into batter.
Fry pancakes on a lightly greased 375Â° F.griddle until golden brown, turning... - 36.6376
Lentil And Mushroom Veggie Burger
The delicious mix of lentils, mushrooms and whole grains give this burger a great taste and texture. The baking helps keep the calories down! - 122.789
1) Properly wash the peppers, slice off their tops and clean out the centers.
2) Shred the carrots and cut the tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
3) In a frying pan, melt the butter and then add the... - 47.2004
Masala Nachni Paratha
Roundels of flavoured red millet dough, rolled into parathas and cooked on both sides till pale brown in colour. Servd best with curds and pickle to make a complete meal. - 44.7599
Roasted Eggplant And Bajri Na Rotla Part 2
If preparing a meal looks like a giant task for you, then this video will surely amaze you. Chef Bhal Dave prepares healthy, nutritious, and extremely simple lunch for two. Millet Rotis perfectly complements the roasted eggplant curry and makes for a fast fix... - 72.4021
Methi Matar Bhakri Or Paratha - Flavored Flat Bread For Breakfast
If you're fond of eating parathas, then you have to try this amazing recipe by chef Bhavna. These are easy to make once you've prepared the dough. You can serve it with yogurt or pickle if you like. This makes it a heavy breakfast. Watch the video for the... - 95.8995
Does food bring back memories for you? Are transported to another time and place by the smells and tastes of certain foods? Food can evoke some of the sweetest memories, especially from one’s childhood. British foodie Nigel Slater based his autobiography... - 138.775