- » Fried Grit
Fried Grit Recipes
Enjoy our collection of fried grit recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for fried grit recipes.
Fried Grits has lovely taste. Fried Grits gets its taste from grits mixed with milk and flour. Fried Grits is served as side dish across the world. - 28.81
Fried Sausage Grits
In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil; slowly add grits, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until very thick; set aside.
In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until browned; drain.
Add sausage and onion... - 34.3738
Southern Shrimp And Grits
Watch Chef John turn the southern classic into a Californian restaurant-style dish. The plump sautéed shrimp are tender and spicy, the grits are perfectly creamy and fluffy, and the sauce? That’s the winner of the dish. It's salty and hammy and melts... - 89.8385
Grits With Sautéed Jumbo Shrimps
Have your grits for breakfast perked up with these wonderful looking jumbo shrimps! Have a hearty breakfast! Watch this video for more details! - 110.302
Fried Grits With Bacon
1. In 3-quart saucepan over high heat, heat water to boiling. Slowly stir grits and salt into boiling water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
2. Pour grits into... - 28.672
Bring water and salt to a boil; stir in grits.
Cook grits until done, following package directions.
Remove from heat.
Add bacon and 1 tablespoon butter; stir until butter melts.
Pour grits into a greased 8 1/2- x 4Vi- x 3-inch loaf pan.
Cool; cover and... - 30.271
1 Lightly grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2- x 3-inch loaf pan.
2 In a pan, bring water and salt to a boil.
3 Add in the grits.
4 As per the package directions, cook the grits until done.
5 Remove from the heat.
6 Add in the bacon and... - 35.4543
Fried Grits With Ham
In saucepan combine 4 cups water and salt; bring to boiling.
Slowly stir in grits.
Cook, covered, over low heat for 2 1/2 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
Stir in ham and margarine.
Pour into a greased 8x8x2-inch pan.
Cool; chill till... - 38.2964
Mix all ingredients except milk in a bowl.
Stir in enough milk to make a thin batter.
Pour 1 tablespoon batter for each pancake in a greased, hot skillet and cook until brown on both sides.
Serve with butter and syrup, if desired. - 27.8584
Combine grits, chicken, onion, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce; chill.
Shape into 12 balls or other shape.
Roll in bread crumbs; dip in egg.
Roll again in bread crumbs.
Heat fat in frypan.
Cook croquettes; turn once to brown each side. - 35.1586
Chicken Medaillons And Grits Cakes
1. In medium saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil, stir in grits and cook according to package directions.
2. Into greased 9-inch square baking pan spoon grits, cover and place in refrigerator until firm.
3. To prepare the chicken breasts rub with... - 41.7472
Stir grits and water together in 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Microwave 5 minutes to 5 minutes, 30 seconds on HIGH, or until desired doneness.
Stir in salt.
Serve with butter or margarine, or with milk and sugar as a hot cereal.
Grits may be substituted for rice... - 29.5318
Grits And Gruyere Fritters
1) In a deep fat fryer, heat the shortening until 375° F.
2) Lightly mash the grits and combine with the cheese, pepper, and nutmeg.
3) Shape the mixture into about 2 1/2x 1inch logs, then dip in the egg and coat evenly with the bread crumbs.
4) Fry... - 38.107
Cajun Fish And Savory Cheese Grits
Fish and grits - a Southern style food delicacy. This amazing video shows how to prepare fish with Cajun seasoning and cheesy grits. When served together, it brings in a great taste. The fish is grilled to perfection making it indeed a very mouth-watering... - 119.81
Shrimp And Grits
his breakfast dish will bring you the most delicious morning flavor experience ever -- I gar-on-tee! - 0
Shrimp Etouffee And Parmesan Cheese Grits
If you are looking for a unique summertime seafood treat, then this interesting video is just perfect for you. See Chef John Maxwell as he cooks an elegant shrimp etouffee and parmesan cheese grits. Take a look and try out this amazing summer recipe for a... - 116.448
Guilt-free Cheddar Jalapeno Southern Grits
Easy cheesy....who does not want to good breakfast early in the morning. This video end your search. The amazing cheesy grits with jalapeno peppers is a great concoction of smooth cheese with a dash of zest from the jalapeno peppers. Serve with normal whole... - 118.226
Grits And Smithfield Ham Patties
1) Lightly mash the hominy grits and combine with the ham and peppers.
2) Shape the mixture into patties , then dip in the egg and coat evenly with the bread crumbs.
3)In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high heat.
4) Fry the patties... - 38.1248
Shrimp And Grits
This recipe comes to us from the southern arm of our family tree. We're northern Canuck's through and through - but love grits! Usually with Maple syrup... However this Shrimp and Grits recipe is one of our faves! - 0
Cast Iron Poached Egg
If you are about to discard your old cast iron pans, watch this video Cast Iron Poached Egg and then decide. On popular demand Dave has come up with this video showing everyone how to use an old cast iron pan for making egg breakfast. It is rather insightful... - 92.0373
Fried Spinach In Chicken Stock
Fried Spinach is an amazingly delicious side dish recipe. A delicious Fried Spinach will surely tempt you to serve to your loved ones. - 42.2354
Crispy Fried Hominy Cheese Squares
1. Bring the water and salt to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Slowly add the grits while stirring constantly. Return to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture is very thick.
2. Stir in the garlic, cheese, black... - 33.3955
Stir Fried Spinach With Fermented Bean Curd
1) In a small bowl, combine together the seasoning sauce ingredients. Stir to dissolve the water chestnut powder or the cornstarch.
2) From the spinach, remove the stems and wash in various changes of cold water which has several dashes of white... - 47.0805
To clean squid, work in sink.
Hold body of squid firmly in one hand; grasp head firmly with other hand; pull head, twisting gently from side to side.
Head and contents of body should come away in one piece.
Cut tentacles off head; reserve.
Discard head and... - 39.1111
You will not find this dish in China, only in Chinese restaurants and Chinese take away joints in India. Learn how to make this very popular Indo-Chinese dish of batter fried mushroom in a spicy sweet-sour sauce. These crisp mushrooms glazed with sauce makes... - 133.133
Nutritious Low Cost Breakfast Dishes
Looking for low cost and nutritious breakfast food, here are recipes just right for you. Watch Tamra Davis at the KIPP public school making quick breakfast food for students of low income group using easily available ingredients such as oatmeal, banana, corn... - 108.424
Potato Corn Cakes
Grate the potatoes and the onions (and please leave the potato skins on); stir in the eggs, brewer's yeast, salt, flour, and soy grits.
Carefully add the milk powder so that it doesn't lump too much (a few lumps don't matter).
Stir in the corn, and your... - 35.3583
Healthy Potato Pancakes
1. Squeeze the potatoes between the hands until dry. This removes the excess liquid and surface starch.
2. Combine the potatoes with the eggs, grits, parsley, onions, tamari, and salt and mix well.
3. Pour oil into a heavy skillet to a depth of 1/4 inch. Heat... - 33.6627
Beat the eggs with the milk; stir in the soy grits and let the mixture sit.
Saute the fresh chilis and onions in the oil until the onions begin to brown. If you are using dried chilis, stir them into the egg mixture along with the chili powder, salt, and... - 38.0382
Country Style Turnip Greens
Country Style Turnip Greens is easy to make recipe. Country Style Turnip Greens gets its taste from turnip mixed with meat and garnished with salt or pepper. Country Style Turnip Greens is inspired by many food chains worldwide. - 31.7296
Low Carb Tortilla
Looking for a healthy tortillas recipe? Then watch this video by LowCarb360 and learn to cook tortillas that are delicious and healthy. Watch to know more. - 91.8811
The gram needs to be soaked for at least half an hour so pick and soak first of all.
Now chop the spinach.
This needs care.
Break off each leaf from the tough stem.
As you do this, you can drop it into a pan of clean water.
When all the spinach is done, wash... - 45.3959
Spinach Bouffant has a fine taste. Spinach Bouffant gets from spinach mixed with cream and eggs garnished with pepper. Spinach Bouffant is cherished by many all over the world. - 42.8489
Hungarian Mushroom Pate
1. In a bowl, combine shiitakes and 1 cup hot water; let stand until shiitakes are soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
2. As shiitakes soak, peel onion, shallot, and garlic. Finely chop in a food processor or with a knife.
3. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over... - 41.1073
Sauteed Aster Scaber
How about a nutritious dish from Korea? Chef is making a traditional Korean dish using some dry mountain greens. These dried leaves may not look edible or look edible but as we watch the chef making them, the dish becomes appetizing. Her instructions are very... - 119.374
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F; gas mark 6).
2. Melt 100 g (4 oz) butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Add 60 g (2 1/4 oz) flour, stir well and cook until it froths, but do not allow to colour. Add the milk a little at a time, stirring. Bring to the... - 37.3343
Hominy Cheese Croquettes
Soak hominy in the water to which salt has been added for 3 or 4 hours; cook over boiling water until tender, or about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine with grated cheese and melted butter.
Beat egg yolks well and mix thoroughly into cheese... - 33.9006
American Clam Chowder
Scrub the clams and steam over a cup of boiling water until open.
Remove the tough parts of the clams and coarsely chop the rest, reserving all the juice and water they steamed over and straining it through a fine sieve to remove all grit.
Fry the bacon a... - 39.0932
Fettuccine In Mountain And Sea
1. Soak porcini in warm water 20 to 30 minutes, or until softened. Remove porcini and rinse under cold running water to remove any grit. Chop fine and set aside. Strain liquid through cheesecloth to remove any grit and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a... - 31.2584
Wild Mushrooms In Yogurt Sauce
Sprinkle the fresh mushrooms with salt.
Let them sit for a few minutes and wipe with a damp cloth.
In Greece mushrooms are very dirty and need soaking in salt water to loosen the dirt, and then a gentle wipe with a kitchen cloth.
Slice if large.
Soak dried... - 44.6367
Red Eye Gravy
Fry thick slices of Tennessee ham.
Remove meat from the skillet, skim off the excess fat that rises to the surface.
Add 4 tablespoons cold coffee.
That's it! Serve over grits and hot biscuits. - 18.6463
Cooking Southern Breakfast
Dave Junior is following his father's footsteps by showing a Southern Breakfast Menu comprising of fried bacons, grits, omelette, fried potatoes and yummy French toast. Looks like a lot of dishes, but they are all simple to make and can be cooked... - 98.094
1.Start by preheating the oven to 400F degrees
2.In a boiler, combine hot milk and boiling water
3.Now bring to boiling point then add corn meal, hominy grits and seasoning
4.Make sure to keep stirring constantly until the liquid is... - 41.9147
While the barley cooks, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Saute the vegetables in the order given, adding each one as the one before gets hot and starts to sizzle. The total cooking time should be about 10 minutes. The carrots should be crisp, the... - 32.252
Coriander Dry Chutney
1. Pick the coriander leaves, discard the thick stalks, and wash thoroughly to remove all grit. Drain the water and spread on a cloth to remove all moisture.
2. After frying the chillies and dal, remove, and pour the rest of the oil into the ka-dai. Gently... - 36.6111
Spinach With Pistachios
1) Clean and wash spinach under cold water to remove any grit.
2) Remove the tough stems.
3) Shake off excess water.
4) Keep a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
5) Lightly toast pistachios for about 2 minutes. Keep... - 44.0903
Ham With Red Eye Gravy
With a sharp knife, trim the excess fat from the ham slices and cut the fat into small bits.
Place the fat in a heavy, ungreased 12-inch [30-cm.] skillet and, stirring frequently, fry over medium heat until the bits are crisp and have rendered all their... - 29.4504
Because they are grown in loose, sandy soil, leeks often have grit lodged between their tightly packed leaves. To clean a leek, trim off the roots and the tough, dark tops of the leaves. Peel away the outer layer from the stalk and discard. Halve or quarter... - 40.992
Sweet Tinda Pickle
The sweet tinda pickle is a spiced and sweet vegetable pickle. Made with tinda or ridge gourd, it is prepped with a medley of spiced and has onions in it too. Sweetened with jaggery, it is a cooked pickle and is set in the sun once prepared to mature. - 40.8884
Wash cocum well in running water to remove all grit.
Soak in warm water for half an hour, then puree on a curry stone or in an electric blender.
Place puree in an enamel or china bowl if it is to be kept for some time.
Mix all ingredients, except seasoning in... - 44.8187
Porcini Mushroom Risotto
Place mushrooms in a bowl, add hot water, and let stand until mushrooms are soft (20 to 30 minutes).
Lift out mushrooms (reserve soaking liquid) and rinse well, using your fingers to work out any grit; squeeze mushrooms gently to remove excess liquid.
Chop... - 39.7497
Green Beans With Porcini Vinaigrette
Place dried mushrooms in a bowl, add enough warm water to cover, and let mushrooms soak until soft (about 20 minutes).
Drain mushrooms and rinse well under running water to remove any grit; squeeze dry.
Mince and set aside.
Meanwhile, spread pine nuts in a... - 38.9861
Using a meat grinder with a fine blade, put through cooked liver, hard-cooked egg and onion.
Combine remaining ingredients and add to liver mixture.
Mix well and store in refrigerator.
Use as spread for sandwiches or as a dip for crackers or raw vegetables. - 37.0743
1. In a large pot boil 3 cups of water.
2. Add polenta, salt and olive oil.
3. On low heat simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and transfer the polenta into a greased 9 inch pie pan and pat down.
5. Chop the onions... - 0
Veal Scaloppine With Two Kinds Of Mushrooms
1. Soak porcini in 2 cups warm water for 20 to 30 minutes, or until softened. Remove porcini and rinse under running water to remove any grit. Coarsely chop and place in a small bowl. Strain liquid through cheesecloth into bowl with mushrooms.
2. Season veal... - 32.5668
Note: Small Helford or Portuguese oysters would do, it is not necessary to use expensive Colchester "Natives".
Heat the white wine, add to it the cockles or mussels, their shells well scrubbed and washed free of grit and all weed; if oysters are used add... - 39.0901
Cartwheels With Mixed Vegetables
1) In a kettle or stockpot, heat water with 1 tablespoon of salt for the pasta.
2) Clean the leeks properly by separating the segments to wash out all the grit and sand. Chop both the green and white parts finely and discard the tough ends.
3) In a... - 47.6617
Leek And Bacon Flan
1. Place the margarine, water and 3 rounded tablespoons of the flour in a bowl and cream with a fork until well mixed. Add the remaining flour, the cheese, a pinch of salt, cayenne and mustard powder and work together to form a firm dough. Knead lightly until... - 33.8152
Pike With Salsa Dinoce Gratinata
1. Soak porcini in warm water 20 to 30 minutes, or until softened. Remove porcini and rinse under running water to remove any grit. Chop fine; place in a medium bowl. Strain liquid through cheesecloth into bowl with mushrooms. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, season... - 34.8357
Smoked Bean Sprouts
1) With a cup of boiling water, cover the mushrooms and keep them soaked for about 30 minutes.
2) Cut off the root end of the leek and then lengthwise slice the leek in half. Wash under warm water in order to remove all the sand. Cut the halves... - 44.4193
1. Scrub mussels under cool running water with a stiff brush; cut off beards with a sharp knife and scrape the shells clean. Soak mussels in cool water 1 hour so they will purge themselves of grit. Discard any that float, and also any whose shells are not... - 34.5894
Open Ravioli With Squash & Porcini Mushrooms
1. Put the squash and butter in a pan with 5 tbsp water. Tightly cover pan and cook for 15 mins until the squash is just tender, but not coloured. Roughly mash with seasoning, nutmeg and Parmesan (A).
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Put the chopped porcini... - 34.3615
Wild Mushroom Soup
If using dried mushrooms, soak them in hot water with 1/2 teaspoon salt added, for 30 minutes.
Drain the liquid through a sieve lined with a damp muslin and reserve.
Rinse the soaked mushrooms under water to remove any grit, and chop them roughly.
Sprinkle... - 50.1053
Roast Fillet Of Beef With Mushroom Stuffing
1. Tip the porcini into a bowl and pour over 250ml boiling water. Leave for 20 mins to soften and plump up, scoop out the mushrooms with a slotted spoon and finely chop, then strain the liquid (leaving behind the last drop as it might contain grit) and set... - 39.1915
How To Make Brazillian Feijoada
Classic Brazilian soup. This video prepare authentic black bean soup which incorporates a wide variety of meat from pork to beef. Loaded with the traditional taste, this dish has the rich and smoky flavor making it an absolute gourmet's delight. Serve this... - 119.705
To prepare the squid, cut the bodies into rings about 3/4 inch thick, cut the flaps or wings into strips, and leave the tentacles whole.
Heat 4 tablespoons of the olive oil in a very large saucepan, or use two saucepans.
Add the onions and a quarter of the... - 44.3269
Shaking Beef (bò Lúc Lắc )
Shaking Beef (Bò Lúc Lắc ) is a simple dish with amazing robust flavours of tender, moist, cubed filet mignon with garlic, watercress and red onions. This dish is one of the most famous at world famous The Slanted Door restaurant in San Frasncisco-where... - 49.2116
Fried Grit Recipes By Category