- » Fried Grit
Fried Grit Recipes
Enjoy our collection of fried grit recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for fried grit recipes.
Fried Grits has lovely taste. Fried Grits gets its taste from grits mixed with milk and flour. Fried Grits is served as side dish across the world. - 26.3847
Fried Sausage Grits
In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil; slowly add grits, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until very thick; set aside.
In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until browned; drain.
Add sausage and onion... - 32.1758
Fried Grits With Bacon
1. In 3-quart saucepan over high heat, heat water to boiling. Slowly stir grits and salt into boiling water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
2. Pour grits into... - 27.1554
Bring water and salt to a boil; stir in grits.
Cook grits until done, following package directions.
Remove from heat.
Add bacon and 1 tablespoon butter; stir until butter melts.
Pour grits into a greased 8 1/2- x 4Vi- x 3-inch loaf pan.
Cool; cover and... - 28.403
1 Lightly grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2- x 3-inch loaf pan.
2 In a pan, bring water and salt to a boil.
3 Add in the grits.
4 As per the package directions, cook the grits until done.
5 Remove from the heat.
6 Add in the bacon and... - 35.621
Fried Grits With Ham
In saucepan combine 4 cups water and salt; bring to boiling.
Slowly stir in grits.
Cook, covered, over low heat for 2 1/2 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
Stir in ham and margarine.
Pour into a greased 8x8x2-inch pan.
Cool; chill till... - 36.2166
Grits With Sautéed Jumbo Shrimps
Have your grits for breakfast perked up with these wonderful looking jumbo shrimps! Have a hearty breakfast! Watch this video for more details! - 110.184
Southern Shrimp And Grits
Watch Chef John turn the southern classic into a Californian restaurant-style dish. The plump sautéed shrimp are tender and spicy, the grits are perfectly creamy and fluffy, and the sauce? That’s the winner of the dish. It's salty and hammy and melts... - 119.718
Mix all ingredients except milk in a bowl.
Stir in enough milk to make a thin batter.
Pour 1 tablespoon batter for each pancake in a greased, hot skillet and cook until brown on both sides.
Serve with butter and syrup, if desired. - 25.7744
Combine grits, chicken, onion, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce; chill.
Shape into 12 balls or other shape.
Roll in bread crumbs; dip in egg.
Roll again in bread crumbs.
Heat fat in frypan.
Cook croquettes; turn once to brown each side. - 33.2797
Chicken Medaillons And Grits Cakes
1. In medium saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil, stir in grits and cook according to package directions.
2. Into greased 9-inch square baking pan spoon grits, cover and place in refrigerator until firm.
3. To prepare the chicken breasts rub with... - 41.8159
Grandma's Stew Beef Hash With Grits
Grandma’s stew beef hash with grits is a tried and tested formula that would hold pride of place on your table. Enjoy the mouthwatering blend of beef, potatoes and a host of other ingredients. - 33.239
Cajun Style Shrimp And Grits
If you are looking at preparing restaurant style gourmet dishes, take a look at this video where Betty prepares cajun style shrimp and grits that she saw in a restaurant and made up the recipe by herself. Now that is a fabulous job, the dish looks scrumptious... - 121.939
Stir grits and water together in 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Microwave 5 minutes to 5 minutes, 30 seconds on HIGH, or until desired doneness.
Stir in salt.
Serve with butter or margarine, or with milk and sugar as a hot cereal.
Grits may be substituted for rice... - 28.2922
Grits And Gruyere Fritters
1) In a deep fat fryer, heat the shortening until 375° F.
2) Lightly mash the grits and combine with the cheese, pepper, and nutmeg.
3) Shape the mixture into about 2 1/2x 1inch logs, then dip in the egg and coat evenly with the bread crumbs.
4) Fry... - 37.3067
Cajun Fish And Savory Cheese Grits
Fish and grits - a Southern style food delicacy. This amazing video shows how to prepare fish with Cajun seasoning and cheesy grits. When served together, it brings in a great taste. The fish is grilled to perfection making it indeed a very mouth-watering... - 131.027
Shrimp And Grits
his breakfast dish will bring you the most delicious morning flavor experience ever -- I gar-on-tee! - 0
Shrimp Etouffee And Parmesan Cheese Grits
If you are looking for a unique summertime seafood treat, then this interesting video is just perfect for you. See Chef John Maxwell as he cooks an elegant shrimp etouffee and parmesan cheese grits. Take a look and try out this amazing summer recipe for a... - 137.493
Guilt-free Cheddar Jalapeno Southern Grits
Easy cheesy....who does not want to good breakfast early in the morning. This video end your search. The amazing cheesy grits with jalapeno peppers is a great concoction of smooth cheese with a dash of zest from the jalapeno peppers. Serve with normal whole... - 119.79
Grits And Smithfield Ham Patties
1) Lightly mash the hominy grits and combine with the ham and peppers.
2) Shape the mixture into patties , then dip in the egg and coat evenly with the bread crumbs.
3)In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high heat.
4) Fry the patties... - 38.644
Shrimp And Grits
This recipe comes to us from the southern arm of our family tree. We're northern Canuck's through and through - but love grits! Usually with Maple syrup... However this Shrimp and Grits recipe is one of our faves! - 0
Cast Iron Poached Egg
If you are about to discard your old cast iron pans, watch this video Cast Iron Poached Egg and then decide. On popular demand Dave has come up with this video showing everyone how to use an old cast iron pan for making egg breakfast. It is rather insightful... - 93.7044
Fried Spinach In Chicken Stock
Fried Spinach is an amazingly delicious side dish recipe. A delicious Fried Spinach will surely tempt you to serve to your loved ones. - 40.0462
Crispy Fried Hominy Cheese Squares
1. Bring the water and salt to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Slowly add the grits while stirring constantly. Return to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture is very thick.
2. Stir in the garlic, cheese, black... - 32.0966
Stir Fried Spinach With Fermented Bean Curd
1) In a small bowl, combine together the seasoning sauce ingredients. Stir to dissolve the water chestnut powder or the cornstarch.
2) From the spinach, remove the stems and wash in various changes of cold water which has several dashes of white... - 47.39
To clean squid, work in sink.
Hold body of squid firmly in one hand; grasp head firmly with other hand; pull head, twisting gently from side to side.
Head and contents of body should come away in one piece.
Cut tentacles off head; reserve.
Discard head and... - 37.7877
You will not find this dish in China, only in Chinese restaurants and Chinese take away joints in India. Learn how to make this very popular Indo-Chinese dish of batter fried mushroom in a spicy sweet-sour sauce. These crisp mushrooms glazed with sauce makes... - 134.425
Nutritious Low Cost Breakfast Dishes
Looking for low cost and nutritious breakfast food, here are recipes just right for you. Watch Tamra Davis at the KIPP public school making quick breakfast food for students of low income group using easily available ingredients such as oatmeal, banana, corn... - 109.985
Potato Corn Cakes
Grate the potatoes and the onions (and please leave the potato skins on); stir in the eggs, brewer's yeast, salt, flour, and soy grits.
Carefully add the milk powder so that it doesn't lump too much (a few lumps don't matter).
Stir in the corn, and your... - 33.5133
Healthy Potato Pancakes
1. Squeeze the potatoes between the hands until dry. This removes the excess liquid and surface starch.
2. Combine the potatoes with the eggs, grits, parsley, onions, tamari, and salt and mix well.
3. Pour oil into a heavy skillet to a depth of 1/4 inch. Heat... - 31.045
Beat the eggs with the milk; stir in the soy grits and let the mixture sit.
Saute the fresh chilis and onions in the oil until the onions begin to brown. If you are using dried chilis, stir them into the egg mixture along with the chili powder, salt, and... - 36.561
Country Style Turnip Greens
Country Style Turnip Greens is easy to make recipe. Country Style Turnip Greens gets its taste from turnip mixed with meat and garnished with salt or pepper. Country Style Turnip Greens is inspired by many food chains worldwide. - 30.1156
Low Carb Tortilla
Looking for a healthy tortillas recipe? Then watch this video by LowCarb360 and learn to cook tortillas that are delicious and healthy. Watch to know more. - 88.0391
The gram needs to be soaked for at least half an hour so pick and soak first of all.
Now chop the spinach.
This needs care.
Break off each leaf from the tough stem.
As you do this, you can drop it into a pan of clean water.
When all the spinach is done, wash... - 43.4887
Spinach Bouffant has a fine taste. Spinach Bouffant gets from spinach mixed with cream and eggs garnished with pepper. Spinach Bouffant is cherished by many all over the world. - 41.7259
Hungarian Mushroom Pate
1. In a bowl, combine shiitakes and 1 cup hot water; let stand until shiitakes are soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
2. As shiitakes soak, peel onion, shallot, and garlic. Finely chop in a food processor or with a knife.
3. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over... - 39.442
Sauteed Aster Scaber
How about a nutritious dish from Korea? Chef is making a traditional Korean dish using some dry mountain greens. These dried leaves may not look edible or look edible but as we watch the chef making them, the dish becomes appetizing. Her instructions are very... - 122.691
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F; gas mark 6).
2. Melt 100 g (4 oz) butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Add 60 g (2 1/4 oz) flour, stir well and cook until it froths, but do not allow to colour. Add the milk a little at a time, stirring. Bring to the... - 36.1212
American Clam Chowder
Scrub the clams and steam over a cup of boiling water until open.
Remove the tough parts of the clams and coarsely chop the rest, reserving all the juice and water they steamed over and straining it through a fine sieve to remove all grit.
Fry the bacon a... - 36.5254
Fettuccine In Mountain And Sea
1. Soak porcini in warm water 20 to 30 minutes, or until softened. Remove porcini and rinse under cold running water to remove any grit. Chop fine and set aside. Strain liquid through cheesecloth to remove any grit and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a... - 30.1063
Fried Grit Recipes By Category