- » Fried Cake
Fried Cake Recipes
Enjoy our collection of fried cake recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for fried cake recipes.
Kelly's Salmon Cake's (patties)
If you are looking for a boost of omega 3 in your diet, then salmon patties is just perfect for you. View this excellent video and gear up to make this nutritious and delicious dish in your kitchen. You can also utilize your leftover fish meat to make these... - 146.979
Bacon, Sourcream, Chive Potato Cake With Fried Egg
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree.
2. Prepare a foiled lined baking sheet.
3. Wash and scrub the russet potatoes, grated the potatoes skin and keep it aside.
4. Cut the potatoes into equal size pieces.
5. Chop chives, set aside.
6.... - 140.858
Korean Food: Fried Fish Cake With Soy Sauce (간장 오뎅볶음)
For those of you, who do not like spice but love fish cake, try this delicious Korean snack recipe that takes you to the street food-stalls of Seoul! Kids are going to love this non-spicy fish cake dish! There are many different types of fishcake but this... - 127.486
Korean Food: Fried Fish Cake Soup (eomuk Guk =어묵국)
Looking for exotic soup recipes to warm your toes and souls this winter? This Korean fried fish cake soup or Eomuk GuK as it is called is a very popular street food which is extremely delicious and healthy. Try getting the fried fish cakes called eomuk or... - 127.329
Korean Food: Fried Fish Cake And Egg Soup (어묵 계란국)
1. On a chopping board, chop the fried fish cake into ⅓ x 1 inch strips, slice the onion into ¼ inch pieces, cut the green onions into ¼ inch pieces and slice the red hot pepper thinly (optional).
2. In a pot, pour 4 cups of water,... - 124.52
The Best Gefilte Fish Cake
This kosher for Passover gefilte fish recipe is so good you will want to make it all year. It is a fantastic way to change up your jarred gefilte fish. - 121.696
How To Make Microdac Johnny Cake And Chicken
Johnny cake is a Jamaican breakfast favorite If you swear by Caribbean food and don't mind incorporating island flavors to your meal, Johnny cake could be your bet. Follow the recipe to prepare this yummy breakfast dish at home. - 104.934
Korean Food: Fried Fish Cake (어묵 볶음)
Eomuk Bokkeum is a Korean side dish which means fried fish cake. This dish will take you to the streets of Korea where it is sold as a popular snack to accompany alcoholic beverages. This fish cake dish is also a common side dish for homemade meals and a... - 102.829
Chinese New Year Cake - Yau Kwok
1) Sieve the flour into a big mixing bowl and remove 30g for use later.
2) Add in the lard and mix till well blended.
3) Add in the sugar and mix well.
4) Add in all the oil and half of the lightly beaten egg and mix well.
5) Slowly add in the some of... - 90.7713
Fried Shanghai Nian Gao ( Rice Cake ) And Pork
1) Mix together all the ingredients to make the pork marinade.
2) Marinate the pork for 20 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, season the marinated pork with some salt and pepper. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
4) Heat a wok and add some oil.
5)... - 89.3692
Once A Week Kitchen Crispy Crab Cakes
If you have sudden guests over and want to make something impressive but do not have time to prepare, this recipe of spicy and crispy crab cakes is what you should be pulling out. It is easy and does not need much preparation. These are a crowd please and an... - 77.4727
Fried cake is just another way to use wonderful sponge cake. Often when you have leftover sponge cake, using it is a concern as it does not taste as good as the fresh one. Here is a recipe to solve your question. Simple and delicious fried cake recipe. - 50.0086
Parsnip Corn Cakes
1) In batches, squeeze the potatoes to extract all excess moisture.
2) In a large bowl add the potatoes.
3) Mix parsnips, corn, chives, nutmeg, and pepper.
4) Add egg substitute and flour.
5) In another bowl beat egg whites until... - 48.2344
Tuna Cakes With Spring Onion Salsa
1. In a saucepan boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
2. When the potatoes are just cooked through, drain and mash them.
3. In a small bowl mix together all the salsa ingredients and leave to... - 47.4637
Haddock Fish Cakes
1.In a bowl, put mashed potatoes along with parsley, chives, lemon juice , salt and pepper.
2.Mix well and add flaked fish to the mixture by making a well in the center.
3.Add beaten egg and bind the mixture.
4.Refrigerate until firm.
5.Once done, make... - 47.13
Potato Cake Stacks With Tuna
1) Take a small bowl to prepare the filling by combining sour cream, cheese and tuna. Season the mix with black pepper according to taste. Keep the bowl aside.
2) Take another medium bowl to combine potatoes, chives, flour, yogurt and egg.... - 47.1299
Crispy Fried Crab Cakes
1. Heat butter and stir in onion, celery, and green pepper.
2. Stir well and cook until the vegetables are soft.
3. Mix crabmeat, vegetable, stuffing mix, flour, eggs, vinegar, salt, mustard and pepper.
4. Shape the mixture into patties which have ½... - 47.0468
1) In a bowl of warm water add in dried yeast and a pinch of sugar. Let it rest for 10 minutes. The mixture must get frothy. With fresh yeast you can directly use the creamed warm water.
2) Into the yeast mixture, add in half the quantity of milk and 3... - 46.4096
Chocolate Cake Doughnuts
1. In a bowl mix sugar, butter and mashed potatoes.
2. Add eggs and whip until creamy.
3. Sieve flour, baking powder (2 tablespoon), salt, nutmeg, and cocoa together.
4. Mix alternately with milk to egg mixture.
5. Let it chill for 2 hours.
6. Lightly... - 44.8907
1. Collect and measure all the ingredients as required.
2. Into a basin, sift together the measured flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. To the eggs, add the sugar and whisk using a wire whisk or electric beater, until well... - 44.5157
1) In a grater or food processor, coarsely grate the potatoes, remove in a sieve and place under cold running water, then drain well.
2) In a bowl, mix the grated potatoes and eggs together.
3) Stir in the flour, parsley, chives, onions and garlic.... - 44.4353
Fried Zucchini Cakes
Scrape zucchini to remove skin.
Grate coarsely into colander; sprinkle with salt.
Let stand for 30 minutes.
Press to remove excess moisture.
Combine zucchini with parsley, cracker crumbs, cheese, eggs, onion, salt and pepper in bowl; mix well.
Shape by... - 44.4201
Put the salmon in a pan with just enough milk to cover and poach, with the lid on, for 4 minutes.
Allow to cool in the milk for 5 minutes while you beat the leftover mash with 1 1/2 tbsp dill, 1 1/2 tbsp capers, the lemon zest and some salt and pepper.
(If... - 44.0687
Fried Potato Cakes
In a bowl combine flour and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Combine egg and oil; stir into flour mixture just till moistened.
Stir in potatoes, onion, the 3 tablespoons sunflower seed, and bread crumbs.
Shape into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
Cook patties in 1... - 43.9353
1. Preheat the oven to its lowest setting.
2. Line two large baking sheets with paper towels and place them in the center of the oven.
3. Into a heavy 12- to 14-inch skillet pour vegetable oil to a depth of about 1 1/2 to 2 inches and... - 43.4912
In mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
Add to the egg mixture.
Beat until smooth.
Test mixture to see if it flows easily through funnel.
If too thick, add milk; if too thin, add flour.
Heat cooking oil to... - 41.8694
Fresh Codfish Cakes
Peel and cube the potatoes.
Boil them in water to cover, to which you've added the vinegar and salt, until they are quite tender.
Meanwhile, saute the shallots in the oil until they are soft but not brown.
Drain the potatoes well and mash them, adding enough... - 41.6917
Beat the eggs and 2/3 cup sugar in a bowl until light.
Add milk and shortening and mix well.
Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
Add to the egg mixture and mix well.
Roll out 3/8 inch thick on a... - 41.374
In mixing bowl combine eggs and milk.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add to egg mixture; beat smooth.
In deep skillet heat oil to 360°.
Covering spout with finger, pour 1/4 cup batter into funnel.
Remove finger and release batter into oil in a... - 40.9153
Chocolate Cake Doughnuts
Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
Stir in remaining doughnut ingredients until dry particles are moistened.
Cover; chill dough 30 minutes for easier handling.
On well-floured surface,... - 40.8907
Gujarati Khaman Dhokla -steamed Lentil Cakes
1. Soak the grams together for 6 hours.
2. Grind finely in a round stone grinder, to allow it to froth up.
3. Add ground ginger, green chillies, salt, asafoetida, turmeric, soda bicarbonate and sugar.
4. Heat oil. Pour into the mixture. Mix well and keep for... - 40.5545
Spicy Cake Doughnuts
Stir to combine thoroughly the flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Beat together eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, and vanilla till thick and lemon-colored.
Combine light cream and melted butter or margarine.
Alternately add dry ingredients and... - 40.2969
Easy Home Made Fish Cakes
1) Discard skin and bones from the fish and flake.
2) In a bowl mix together instant mashed potato with boiling water.
3) To it add butter, parsley, fish and seasoning.
4) Beat eggs and keep aside 2 tablespoons, stirring rest in the fish.
5) Shape... - 39.4587
Crispy Cod And Corn Cakes
1) Take a deep frying pan and place the milk and fish in it.
2) Place cover and bring to a boil .
3) Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
4) Take another bowl and stir the onions and corn to prepare a mash.
5) Add... - 39.4293
Spicy Cake Doughnuts
Stir together thoroughly the all-purpose flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon,ground nutmeg, and salt.
Beat together eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, and vanilla till thick and lemon colored.
Combine light cream and melted butter or margarine; add to egg... - 39.3336
Danish Apple Cake
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a heavy saucepan and coat the bottom of the pan with it.
Add the apples, lemon peel and sugar.
Cover the pan and cook gently until the apples are transparent but still keep their shape.
Remove the pan from the heat and... - 39.205
Salmon Cakes With Lemon Mayonnaise
Mix the mash, salmon and spring onion with half the egg.
Shape the mixture into 4 small cakes.
Dust with flour then dip into the remaining egg and then the breadcrumbs.
Rest for 5 minutes in the fridge.
Fry gently in oil for 3-4 minutes each side... - 39.1076
Crunchy Butter Crumb Cake
1. Take a large frying pan and ,melt butter in it
2. To it, add the breadcrumbs and let them attain a brown colour
3. Remove rfrom the flame, add in the sugar and almonds, mixing well
4. In a glass serving dish, make alternate layers of crumbs and... - 38.7744
Old Fashioned Cake Doughnuts
In a bowl, stir 3 cups of the flour together with baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and mace.
In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs on high speed until very light and fluffy.
Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is very thick and lemon-colored.
Reduce... - 38.3806
Corn Cake Pancake
1) With a sharp pointed knife, slit corn kernels lengthwise from the middle of each row.
2) From the back of knife, press the kernels and take out the soft pulp and milk from the hulls.
3) The corn milk should measure at least 2 cups. Chill... - 38.2407
1. Into a large bowl add equal parts of mashed potato and the salmon, add the chopped onion, pepper, parsley and 1 egg and mix together well with a fork.
2. In a bowl beat up the other egg and dip spoonfuls of the fish mixture into the egg and then... - 38.2277
Fried Shredded Potato Cake
1. Heat a large pan with water. Let it come to a boil. Add the potatoes. Cook briskly for about 10 minutes, or until the point of a knife can be inserted about 1 inch into a potato before meeting any resistance.
2. Remove the pan from heat, drain the... - 37.9353
In bowl combine 1 egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard, and hot pepper sauce.
Stir in crab meat and parsley.
Using about 1/4 cup crab mixture for each, shape into patties.
Cover and chill 1 hour.
In small bowl combine 1 egg and water.
Dip patties in crushed... - 37.7103
Tuna And Cauliflower Cakes
1. Pulverize toast in a food processor to make fine crumbs; transfer to a medium bowl.
2. Cook cauliflower according to package directions, or steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Completely drain off any water. Cool slightly; transfer to food processor. Add... - 37.3728
Fish Cakes With Relish
1. Place fish, curry paste, coriander, basil and egg white in a food processor and process to make a smooth thick paste. Place mixture in a bowl, add beans and lime leaves (if using) and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. To make relish,... - 37.329
Mix parsnips with next 5 ingredients.
Shape into flat cakes.
Dip into crumbs, covering completely.
Put in refrigerator to chill.
Fry until brown in hot butter. - 37.202
1. To make a soft batter, add potatoes and seasoning and a little flour. To make it extra rich, add an egg, then enough flour to make it of a firm consistency.
2. Shape it into flat round cakes.
3. Coat the cake with flour.
4. In a frying pan, heat... - 36.8711
1. Soak the pigeon peas in water for one hour. Drain and grind to a coarse paste.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Shape into rounds, each the size of a large lime.
4. Flatten slightly, and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
5. Drain and... - 36.864
Best Cake Doughnuts
Beat eggs and sugar till light; add milk and cooled shortening.
Sift together dry ingredients; add to first mixture and mix well.
Chill dough thoroughly.
On lightly floured surface, roll dough 3/8 inch thick.
Cut with floured cutter; let stand 15 minutes.
Fry... - 36.7195
Salt Cod Cakes
Soak salt cod in enough cold water to cover for 12 hours, changing water once.
Chop the cod.
In covered saucepan cook cod and potatoes in a large amount of boiling water for 15 minutes; drain.
In mixer bowl beat cod and potatoes with electric... - 36.6669
Parsnip And Potato Cakes
1. Rub the parsnips and potatoes through a sieve.
2. Add seasoning, sugar and parsley, and bind with egg yolk and cream.
3. Shape into rissoles, coat with egg and breadcrumbs and fry in hot fat until crisp and golden.
4. These are very good served with... - 36.2598
Potato Cakes Alla Calabrese
Mix all ingredients except oil.
Shape into rolls about 3 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.
Fry in 1 inch of hot oil in skillet until golden-brown and done.
Serve hot as a vegetable or as a bread. - 36.2389
Scald the milk and cool to lukewarm.
Combine the next three ingredients in a small mixing bowl and let stand 10 minutes to dissolve.
Add the oil, lukewarm milk and salt, then slowly beat in 1 1/2 cups of the flour.
Scrape and remove the beaters and add the... - 36.0115
Fried Potato And Apple Cake
Roughly grate the potatoes in food processor or by hand.
Put into a bowl.
Grate the apple and combine.
Season with nutmeg.
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in non stick 8-inch fry pan.
Add apple-potato mixture and press down into a cake.
Put on a lid.
Cook on medium... - 35.9757
Fried Banana Cake
Roll the bananas on a wooden board. Peel and mash them in a thali. Add the crushed jaggery and grated coconut and mix well. Then add 1 tsp. salt and the cardamom powder and vanilla essence. Mix all the ingredients well and then stir in the rice flour.
Knead... - 34.8085
Fried Onion Cakes
Fried Onion Cakes are extremely easy to make and delicious. My children love this dish and they demand for it every week. Try the Fried Onion Cakes yourself. - 34.7051
Break bread into small pieces and moisten with milk.
Press out excess milk.
Mix with remaining ingredients except fat and shape into cakes.
Fry until brown. - 34.5215
Quick Fish Cakes
1. Poach the fish in salted water until it flakes easily with a fork, about 8 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a shallow dish with a little water, cover with microwave cling film and microwave on HIGH until cooked, about 4 minutes.)
2. Peel and cut up the... - 34.4852
Cassava Or Taro Cakes
Mash or grate sufficient cooked cassava or taro.
Put in a bowl and add onion, parsley, beaten egg, salt and pepper.
Form into cakes, roll in flour.
Fry in hot oil on both sides till golden brown.
Serve with meat and vegetables. - 33.7927
Mix the potatoes and cooked flaked fish thoroughly with a fork.
Add the beaten egg or sauce, salt and pepper.
Form into about 8 flat cakes.
Roll these cakes in a little flour, then brush lightly with beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
Heat the fat in a... - 33.7835
Coconut Cake Doughnuts
Beat eggs with sugar till light; add milk and cooled shortening.
Add sifted dry ingredients and coconut; stir just till blended.
Chill mixture several hours.
Roll on lightly floured surface to 1/2 inch thick.
Cut out doughnuts with doughnut cutter.
Fry in... - 33.128
Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and creamy.
Add the milk to the egg yolk mixture and beat well.
Pour into the flour mixture and blend thoroughly.
Set aside and allow to... - 32.943
Beef Cakes With Beetroot
Mix together the beef, potatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the beetroot, onion and herbs.
Roll the mixture into eight balls and flatten slightly to make cakes.
Melt half the butter in a frying-pan.
Add half the cakes and fry for 20 minutes or until... - 32.6916
Cattail Spoon Cakes With Molasses Sauce
Combine soda and sour milk; add egg, salt, flour and pollen.
Heat oil in deep fryer to 370°F.
Dip tea spoon into hot oil, then into batter.
Drop spoonfuls of dough into oil and deep fry 3 to 5 minutes; dipping spoon into hot oil when necessary to... - 32.0628
Fried Bean Cake Stuffed With Pork
Mix together the pork, water chestnuts, onions, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and egg.
Carefully make a small slit in each fried bean cake and stuff with 1 teaspoon pork.
Place cakes in a shallow heatproof serving dish.
Cover and put on a rack in a larger pan with... - 31.9411
Cornbread Griddle Cakes
Combine dry ingredients; add to liquid.
Grease a fry pan or griddle.
Over moderate heat, drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto griddle and fry until brown, turning once.
Split and serve with butter.
Great cooked over an open fire. - 31.7513
Herbed Potato Cakes
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the mashed potatoes, egg, onion, parsley or chives, and dill. Mix well. Shape mixture into 6 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
2. In a shallow dish mix flour, seasoned salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Carefully coat patties with... - 30.7626
Spooned Codfish Cakes
Freshen salt codfish by soaking in cold water.
Place codfish, potato, and onion in a saucepan and cook in boiling water to cover until potato is tender.
Add flour, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cool, then chill.
Drop by... - 30.3506
Pan Fried Clam Cakes
Canned clams minced or fresh clams cooked in the shell, then minced, may be used.
Drain well before measuring.
Mix thoroughly with well-seasoned mashed potato; add the butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, nutmeg and eggs.
Form mixture into 10 or 12... - 30.2378
Grind shrimp, potatoes and onion in food chopper.
Mix well; add seasonings.
Shape into patties; dip into egg.
Fry in deep hot fat until golden brown. - 30.2022
Mock Crab Cakes
Mix all ingredients together.
Form mixture into individual serving pat-tics, then roll in bread crumbs.
Fry patties in butter flavored Crisco until crispy and golden brown. - 29.2901
Fresh Cassava Or Taro Cakes
Mix onion, salt and pepper with cassava or taro.
Form into cakes about 1 cm (1/2 in) thick on a floured board.
Fry in hot oil till golden brown on both sides.
Drain well on paper and serve with meat and vegetables. - 28.6845
Fried Codfish Cakes
1. Cut the cod into small pieces, cover with water and bring to a boil. Taste for saltiness; if excessively salty, discard the water and repeat until the water is almost fresh.
2. Mix the fish with the potatoes, eggs and pepper. Form into eight cakes and... - 26.7195
Creamy Cheese Filling
Dip the rolled nalesniki into egg, then into bread crumbs, and fry in hot butter. - 26.1949
Fried Cake Recipes By Category