- » Fresh Port
Fresh Port Recipes
Enjoy our collection of fresh port recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for fresh port recipes.
Fresh Strawberries In Port
1) In cold water, gently rinse the strawberries. Drain and hull them.
2) Into a medium bowl, add in the strawberries and sugar. Pour in wine and mix well.
3) Let the mixture chill for a minimum of 2 hours, while stirring intermittently.
4) To... - 31.8174
Fresh Strawberries And Raspberries In Port
Cut the strawberries in half lengthwise (or in quarters if they're huge).
Leave the raspberries whole.
Combine the berries in a deep bowl.
Pour the port over them, and marinate in the refrigerator for not less than 2 hours and not more than 4 hours.
Stir... - 29.641
Fresh Strawberries In Port
Gently wash strawberries in cold water; drain; and hull.
In medium bowl, gently toss strawberries with sugar.
Refrigerat least 2 hours, stirring occasion- ally.
If desired, top individual servings with sweet- ened whipped cream.
Makes 6 servings - 24.2517
Fresh Pears In Port
In large saucepan, drop pears into 1/2 cup water and sugar; simmer, covered, until soft, about 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and add wine, orange juice, and grated orange peel.
Chill, if de- sired.
Makes 6 servings. - 27.3907
Port Cobbler With Fresh Fruits
1. Into a shaker, half fill with broken ice and add Port.
2. Stir in Plain Syrup and Old Brandy.
3. Into a tumbler, half fill with broken ice and strain drink on top.
4. Top with a dash of lemon peel juice.
5. Garnish with 2 lemon slices and... - 41.6717
Cheddar Cheese Port Wine Spread
Combine cheeses, pecans, and wine in a small bowl or food processor.
Shape into a 4-inch mound.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley. - 27.8999
Peaches In Port
Arrange peaches on 24 x18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil.
Sprinkle with lemon juice and port; dot with butter.
Fold foil loosely around fruit and seal edges tightly.
Grill packet, on covered grill, over medium-hot briquets about 15 minutes or until fruit is... - 24.4785
Nectarines With Port
The flavor of nectarines with sweet red wine is just yum in this ectarines With Port. This is quite an easy brew and can be relied upon for last minute preparations. Just check out the recipe of ectarines With Port. - 29.3135
Pears Baked In Molasses-port Sauce
Pears Baked In Molasses-Port Sauce is something you need to add to your party menu. This Pears Baked In Molasses-Port Sauce is packed with everything ideal for a rich treat. Just give this rich tasting Pears Baked In Molasses-Port Sauce a try. - 32.3702
Chicken In Port Wine
Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper.
Put in a small casserole with the port.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
Transfer the chicken with a slotted spatula to a plate and set aside.
Put the artichoke puree in the casserole with... - 42.8805
1) In a collins glass, add the ice.
2) Add in the lime juice and port.
3) Gently stir and add in the soda.
4) Serve with a garnish of the hull of the lime. - 23.7379
Poached Pears With Port Sauce
Poached Pears With Port Sauce is an amazingly delicious recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. Serve this Poached Pears With Port Sauce to them, I bet everyone will praise for your creativity. - 48.6465
1) In a glass jug, add the ice.
2) Add in the brandy, lemon juice and port.
3) Briskly stir and pour out with ice into a lowball glass.
4) Garnish with lemon rind and serve. - 30.0498
Port Wine Lemonade
1. In a tall glass, mix lemon juice with wine.
2. Add ice and water and stir well.
3. Serve immediately. - 26.4673
1) In a highball glass, add the ice.
2) Pour the lemon juice, sugar and port.
3) Gently stir and add the soda water.
4) Stir again and serve.
5) Drop in a twisted lemon rind and serve. - 32.6622
Pheasants With Port Wine Sauce
Brush pheasants with butter; place breast side up on a rack in a large roasting pan, and broil 5 minutes.
Remove from oven; rub each pheasant with 1/8 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, onion powder, thyme, nutmeg, and parsley.
Place a strip of bacon lengthwise... - 38.7203
Blue Cheese Mashed In Port Wine
On 4 salad plates, place 1 wedge Blue cheese.
Garnish on one side with shredded spinach.
Season with pepper, according to the individual preference of each guest. - 20.6507
Place the mustard in a food processor or blender.
With the machine running, slowly add the olive, walnut and safflower oils; then add the vinegar, lemon juice, port, salt and pepper. - 30.7585
Beef Tenderloin Filet With Port Sauce
1. To prepare the rub, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat each filet generously with the rub.
3. Preheat an ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan. Place both filets in the pan - 25.7968
1) Chill a martini glass.
2) In a glass jug, add the ice.
3) Pour the vermouth and port.
4) Briskly stir and strain and pour into the martini glass.
5) Add the Pernod.
6) Drop in a twisted lemon rind and serve. - 36.9208
Cantaloupe With Port And Fruit
Cut cantaloupes lengthwise in half, making a saw-toothed edge with sharp small knife.
Remove seeds and fibers.
Divide pineapple chunks, strawberries and blueberries among cantaloupe halves.
Just before serving, spoon 2 to 4 tablespoons port over each serving. - 23.5543
Pheasants With Port Wine Sauce
1) Using a pastry brush, brush the pheasants wit the butter and breast side up, place the bird onto a large roasting pan
2) Broil the pheasant for 5 minutes
3) Take our from the oven and using the hands rub 1/8 teaspoon each of salt, pepper,... - 45.8585
1) In a bowl, add orange juice, lemon juice and wine and mix well.
2) Chill till ready to serve.
3) In a punch bowl, add crushed ice, ginger ale and juice mix.
4) Garnish with orange slices. - 32.441
Port And Onion Soup
1. In a pan, heat butter with oil over moderate heat.
2. Include onions and saute till soft and golden.
3. Remove half the onions from pan and reserve them for garnishing.
4. Blend remaining onions to a smooth puree in a food processor and keep... - 43.9399
Poached Pear Salad With Cranberry Port Vinaigrette
Core pears; cut each into 8 slices.
Combine port and shallots in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Add pear slices, and stir well.
Cook over high heat 2 minutes or until pears are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
Remove pear slices and shallots from wine... - 43.0185
Port Glazed Chicken Livers And Onions
In a heavy skillet saute the onions in the butter over moderately high heat, stirring, until they are golden brown and transfer them to a plate.
In a bowl toss the chicken livers, patted dry, with the flour and salt and pepper to taste, heat the oil in the... - 29.2946
Veal Kidney In Port
Heat a browning dish in the microwave oven for 6-8 minutes on HIGH, following the manufacturer's instructions.
Cut out the tubes and the white fatty core from the kidney with a sharp pointed knife.
When the browning dish is hot, put in the bacon and the... - 41.7705
Pork Chops With Port Wine Sauce
Combine rosemary with salt and pepper.
Use this mixture to season both sides of each chop.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook pork chops in batches, until browned and cooked through.
Remove to plate and... - 27.4555
Venison With Port And Cranberries
The day before the barbecue, place venison in a glass or ceramic dish.
Mix together marinade ingredients and pour over the venison.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning steaks occasionally.
Remove venison from marinade.
Barbecue steaks... - 35.5185
Cornish Hens In Port And Sour Cream
Remove giblets from hens; reserve for another use.
Rinse hens with cold water, and pat dry.
Sprinkle cavities with lemon-pepper seasoning, poultry seasoning, and salt, place apple slices in cavities.
Close cavities, secure with wooden picks, and truss.
Rub... - 41.3978
Roast Duck With Port And Chestnut Sauce
Bring water to boil in small saucepan.
Add raisins and simmer until plumped, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to small bowl, add Port and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Season ducks with salt and pepper.
Heat butter with oil in heavy... - 43.0477
Pears Poached In Port
In a saucepan just large enough to take the pears comfortably, mix the sugar, water, cinnamon stick, cloves, and orange peel.
Bring to a simmer and then cool.
Peel the pears, leaving the stem intact, if you were lucky enough to find pears that still had their... - 35.2658
Beef In Port Wine
Brown bacon in skillet.
Remove, drain on towels and cut into small pieces.
Fry onion in bacon fat until tender.
Remove from skillet.
Coat beef with flour that has been mixed with salt and pepper.
Brown in bacon fat with garlic.
Put bacon, onion and beef in... - 41.265
Braised Hare With Port
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) Heat the cooker on low heat.
3) Slowly, cook the bacon rinds then add the chopped bacon.
4) Stir in the butter or margarine if necessary and saute the onion and celery until they are lightly browned.
5)... - 45.6025
Three Mushroom Soup With Port And Tarragon
1. In a large nonreactive saucepan, combine the dried porcini mushrooms and 8 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderate and simmer, partially covered, for 40 minutes. Pour the broth through a cheesecloth-lined... - 37.4327
Chicken In Port Cream With Fettuccine
In a small bowl, soak tomatoes in warm water to cover until soft (about 1 hour).
Drain well, chop coarsely, and set aside.
Rinse chicken; pat dry.
Melt butter in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and cook, turning once, until well browned... - 41.2975
Quail With Port Sauce
1) In a shallow bowl, add bread crumbs, thyme, rosemary and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
2) In another shallow bowl add the all-purpose flour.
3) In a third bowl, beat the eggs with water.
4) Take the boneless quails and brush them with... - 45.3913
Roast Duckling With Port Wine Sauce
1. Remove giblets and necks from ducklings. Rinse ducklings, giblets, and necks with running cold water; drain well. Pat ducklings dry with paper towels. Cut each duckling into quarters; trim excess skin and fat from pieces.
2. Place duckling quarters, skin... - 34.2856
Port Au Prince Zombie
1. Put the ice cubes into a glass jug and shake the bitters into the jug.
2. Pour the fruit juices, brown sugar, and rums over the ice; stir vigorously.
3. Pour without straining, into a Collins glass.
4. Garnish the cocktail with fruits and... - 37.1164
Pour water over berries in large kettle.
Let stand 48 hours.
Strain through cheese cloth, crushing berries to extract juice.
Add remaining ingredients except yeast and brandy.
Boil 1 hour, skimming often.
Let cool to luke-warm.
Add yeast and... - 36.8364
1. Put the ice cubes into a cocktail shaker.
2. Pour the lime juice, rum and grenadine over the ice; stir vigorously.
3. Pour into a chilled martini glass.
4. Twist the lime rind over the drink and drop it in.
5. Serve the cocktail in chilled... - 34.4147
Lichees In Port Wine
Place lichees and port in a small bowl and toss well to mix; cover and chill several hours.
Serve in stemmed goblets. - 22.7266
Almond Trifles With Mascarpone And Berry Port
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Cream together the almond paste, butter and sugar.
Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
Add the rum and extract.
Add the flour, almonds, and baking powder, blending until smooth.
Pour the batter into a parchment-lined... - 39.2189
Spiced Grapes In Port Dessert Sauce
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lemon rind and anise, discard. Add vinegar and pepper to wine mixture, cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about... - 22.8721
Port Au Prince
1. Place the cube of sugar in the base of a glass.
2. Shake the bitters on to the rum and add the Pernod.
3. Swirl the mixture around the glass, crushing the sugar.
4. Put the ice cubes into the glass and pour the rum over the ice cubes; stir... - 37.3421
Long Island Duckling In Port
1. With a sharp pointed knife, cut through the duck skin along the center of the breast from neck to vent. Loosen the skin by pulling away from the flesh and at the same time running the knife underneath. Cut the skin where necessary but keep the flesh... - 28.8147
Long Island Duckling In Port
1. With a sharp pointed knife, cut through the duck skin along the center of the breast from neck to vent. Loosen the skin by pulling away from the flesh and at the same time running the knife underneath. Cut the skin where necessary but keep the flesh... - 37.4525
Turkey Scaloppine In Cranberry Port Sauce
1. Sprinkle turkey evenly with thyme, salt, and pepper.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove turkey and keep warm.
3. Reduce heat to medium; add shallot.... - 32.187
Pot Roast With Port And Mushrooms
In a heavy metal casserole, heat the oil until smoking and brown the meat well on all sides.
Add the wine and simmer, uncovered, until the wine is reduced by half.
Add the beef stock and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, prepare... - 44.9682
Danish Port Salut Soup
Saute kohlrabi, onion and leek in butter until soft but not browned.
Add potatoes, stock, milk and beans; cover, bring to boil and simmer gently 30 minutes.
Add cream and 1-1/2 cups of the cheese; cook and stir to melt cheese and reheat; do not boil.
Season... - 31.621
Guinea Fowl In Port And Plum Marinade
The day before the barbecue, cut tendons at the joints of the guinea fowl.
Split the birds in half down the breast bone but leave them in one piece.
Remove giblets and clean birds thoroughly.
Place birds in a glass or ceramic dish cut-side down.
Prick the... - 41.6449
Port Antonio Pullet
Wash chicken, pat dry.
Rub cavity with 1 garlic clove, and half of the ginger, paprika, salt, pepper, and lime juice.
Tie chicken legs and rub skin with remaining garlic clove, plus remaining ginger, paprika, salt, pepper, and lime juice mixed with 1... - 35.8388
Game Soup With Port Wine
1) Into 2-3 inch chunks, cut the venison. Trim off any gristle.
2) In case a game bird is being used, chop it, through the bone, into small pieces. Clean properly.
3) Peel the onion, parsnip and carrot and coarsely chop them.
4) Rinse the leek... - 44.4457
Provencale Rabbit In Tawny Port
1) Wash the rabbit pieces and dry them gently.
2) Remove the fat from kidneys and keep them aside.
3) In a large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, vinegar, thyme, tarragon, and pepper.
4) Mix in prunes and rabbit along with kidneys... - 41.8718
Bluefish And Okra Stew, Port-au-prince
If okra is fresh, cut into slices 1/2 inch thick (ends should be trimmed off first) and cook in boiling salted water.
For frozen okra, cook according to package directions.
Add spinach or turnip greens and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, broil... - 31.6605
Veal Rib Roast With Cranberry Port Sauce
Veal rib roast with cranberry port sauce is a wine cooked and fruited veal recipe. Roasted and coated with a herbed and flavored breadcrumb mix, the veal rib roast is served with a sauce prepared with pan drippings, port and cranberry sauce. Flavorful and... - 45.8843
Pork Medaillons With Fig And Port Wine Sauce
Looking for a special dish to prepare over the weekend? This recipe is just perfect for you. Watch Chef Binks share this easy to make Pork Medallions with Fig and Port Wine Sauce recipe. - 98.5179
Pan Seared Tenderloin With Port Jus
1) In a bowl, mix the dried currants and brandy and let soak covered for at least 1 hour and upto 3 days.
2) Coat the steaks with oil, pepper and sage mix. Place covered in the refrigerator.
3) In a small pan, dry toast the peppercorns,... - 43.9538
Oysters Barquettes Gourmet Club Port-au-prince
The Oysters Barquettes Gourmet Club Port-Au-Prince may sound like an elaborate recipe but it is relatively simple and makes a very savory side to a meal. Prepared in molds, the Oysters Barquettes Gourmet Club Port-Au-Prince is made with baked beans and... - 38.4451
Pork Tenderloins With Stilton & Port
Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add pork and cook, turning as needed, until browned on all sides about 4 minutes.
Transfer meat to a baking pan and bake in a 400° oven until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 160°F... - 34.7894
Port Gravy For Roast Poultry
1. Remove the finished bird and rack from the roasting pan; cover with foil to keep warm and pour out the pan drippings
2. Measure about two tablespoonfuls of the pan drippings and saute onion, celery, carrot, thyme and bay leaf in it... - 41.9906
Mushrooms With Port Wine And Balsamic Sauce
1. Place a frying pan on medium heat, and pour olive oil in it.
2. Drop onion in hot oil, and cook for about 4 minutes.
3. Throw mushrooms, and saute well.
4. Add black pepper, chili flakes, and oregano. Cook until nice and tender.
5. Put garlic in... - 94.7821
Filet Mignon With Rosemary Port Sauce
1. Rub cut sides of garlic over each side of steaks; sprinkle with '/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Combine port, broth, and rosemary in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,... - 34.6707
Cream Of Tomato And Port Soup
1. Make the vegetable stock.
2. Wash, peel and chop carrots into ½” dice.
3. Peel and chop the onion into ½” dice.
4. Cut the bacon into ½” dices.
5. Cut the croutons and fry in shallow oil.
6. Drain on kitchen paper and leave for... - 89.1271
Fillet Of Beef With Port Wine Sauce
How many times have you tried replicating the restaurant style dishes in your kitchen and failed. Here is an excellent video of Chef Kevin`s recipe of port wine sauce for fillet of beef. A spectacular dish that anyone would love to have for Dinner Party. - 107.357
Duck Liver Pate In Port Aspic
For aspic: Generously butter 8 x 4-inch loaf pan and set aside.
Dissolve gelatin in small bowl with 1/4 cup Port.
Meanwhile, combine sugar and water in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until dissolved.
Cook until mixture is dark caramel color,... - 44.5066
Duck Breast With A Port Sauce Spinach And Pommes Dauphinoise
1) Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas.
2) Nicely boil the potatoes for 5 minutes, then drain well.
3) Butter the 4 x 200ml ramekins.
4) Combine the creams, nutmeg, garlic and seasoning with 1/2 cheese. Arrange the potatoes in the... - 45.4048