- » French Sauce
French Sauce Recipes
Enjoy our collection of french sauce recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for french sauce recipes.
Classic Hollandaise Sauce
Would you like to see how easy it is to make a classic hollandaise sauce at home? Have a look at this great informative video for hollandaise sauce. The video provides great serving ideas for this versatile sauce apart from eggs benedict. The chef here makes... - 140.243
How To Make Hollandaise Sauce
An easy recipe for hollandaise sauce is not that commonly available. However, this video will guide you through the easiest way to prepare a delicate hollandaise sauce. Store this in your refrigerator and use as a perfect spread on any of your favorite food. - 129.933
This sauce goes beautifully with poached fish, poached eggs and steamed vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower. It is a little tricky to make but absolutely delicious! - 120.56
Baked Pasta And Meat With Bechamel Sauce
Pasta is so versatile and here is a baked pasta and meat with béchamel sauce recipe that proves its versatility yet again. This dish is a normal household meal cooked simply with ordinary ingredients, but it is so flavorful with fragrant spices added to it.... - 117.797
This video recipe if Basic Veloute shows you the most basic and most important sauce of the any cooking. This is handy in almost any dish from soups to gravies to sauces. Take a look and keep it handy. - 114.144
The Hollandaise Sauce is a classic. It can be used in the cooking of a variety of other dishes. The Kitchen Hacker shows you how to cook a hollandaise sauce in this video. Watch and learn, folks! Enough said! - 113.047
Classic Bechamel Sauce
Always wondered how to prepare that perfect Classic Bechamel Sauce? Watch this video to learn a step by step process to prepare it in your own kitchen. Use the sauce in your favorite recipes and enhance the taste manifold. - 105.944
Homemade Hollandaise Sauce
Hollandaise sauce is a wonderfully rich, lemony and buttery sauce. This sauce is a perfect accompaniment for steamed vegetables or eggs Benedict. Chef Caitlin utilizes Safest Choice Eggs for the recipe. - 102.509
Easy Hollandaise Sauce
No, Hollandaise Sauce is not something that only the chefs make in the restaurants. You can make it too in the comfort of your home in no time. Trust me. Watch and learn this easy recipe from the ever so hot Patrich Drake. Mazel Tov! - 102.132
Classic Hollandaise Sauce
If you intend to make breakfasts as one of the most interesting meals of the day, start with making Classic Hollandaise Sauce. Serve it with bread, cooked spinach and poached eggs or with steaks, fish and chips. It is a great way to pep up for the day! - 76.9948
Asparagus And Green Onion With Hollandaise Sauce
Are you following a raw food diet? Here's a recipe that you must try. Watch the chef demonstrate a step wise process to prepare these Asparagus and Green Onion with Hollandaise Sauce. The recipe is really simple and can be easily replicated at home. - 64.765
1. In a saucepan, bring milk, quartered onion, thickly sliced carrot and thickly sliced celery along with mace, parsley, cloves and peppercorns slowly to a boil with constant stirring.
2. Take the saucepan off heat, cover, let it stand for about 30... - 46.442
Bechamel Sauce is very easy to make. Bechamel Sauce is a basic sauce which can be used to prepare various other dishes. Try this simple Bechamel Sauce recipe in your very own kitchen. - 46.3106
Bechamel Sauce With Mace
1. In a suitable casserole, mix together the first eight ingredients listed and microwave for four minutes
2. In a microwave safe bowl, blend the butter, flour, salt and pepper into a paste
3. Strain the hot milk slowly into the paste and stir till... - 45.8494
Normandy Roast Duckling
1. Wipe the duckling with a kitchen towel or paper toweling.
2. Rub salt into the skin.
3. With a fork, prick the skin all over to render fat. Keep aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C or Gas No. 4)
5. To prepare the... - 45.732
Fish Soup Normandy
1. Clean the fish. Trim and cut.
2. In a large saucepan put fish. Add bouillon, lemon juice, onion, celery, and carrot.
3. Cook and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
4. Strain and keep aside.
5. To prepare Fish Dumplings, grinder fish... - 45.7103
French Classic Bechamel Sauce
1. To flavor the milk for the béchamel, in a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine milk, bay leaf, peppercorns, mace, carrot and onion.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame and scald the milk without boiling.
3. Strain the milk into a measuring jar... - 45.5731
Stuffed Artichokes With Hollandaise Sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, mix together both the cheeses, crumbs, lemon juice, anchovy fillet, basil, cloves, herbs, seasoning to taste and 3/4 of olive oil.
3) Remove the leaves out gently, and stuff the cheese mixture... - 45.3395
Escalopes De Veau Normande
1.Scrape escalope with flour.
2.In a heavy skilllet.,put 6 tablespoons of butter and heat.
3.Add scraped escalopes to it and fry until light brown.
4.Add salt and pepper to it.
5.In a separate pan, heat Calvados.
6.Put heated Calvados in... - 45.1181
Meat Casserole With Veloute Sauce
1. Cut meat in 1" (2 1/2 cms.) cubes. Wash and drain. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, flour, lemon juice and wine. Leave aside for 2 hours.
2. Melt margarine, fry garlic, onion and add meat cubes. Fry until brown.
3. Add remaining wine mixture mixed with 1 cup... - 44.9668
Cream Offish Soup Normandy
Put the fish, onion, celery, tomatoes, wine, bouquet garni and water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Strain the liquid into another saucepan.
Remove all the bones from the fish.
Blend the fish and... - 44.7395
Normandy Chocolate Mousse
Line bottom of 6 inch mold with heavy white paper.
Put lady fingers upright around the edge, sticking them with butter.
Cream together butter and sugar thoroughly.
Blend in egg yolks, nuts, 2 Tbsp rum and cooled melted chocolate.
Beat egg whites until stiff... - 44.6123
Rich Mornay Sauce
1.Preheat the oven at 425 degrees.
2.In a bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
3.Put egg, sour cream and shortening and stir well until a dry consistency of the mixture is achieved.
4.Take muffin tins and put... - 44.47
Salmon Steaks With Hollandaise Sauce
1. Clean and cut mushrooms into thin slices.
2. Rinse salmon steaks under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. In a frying pan heat butter.
4. Add mushrooms and sautÃ© for 3 minutes.
5. Pour 1/4 cup wine and water over... - 43.3363
Combine the stock, wine and green onion in a sauce pan.
Bring to a boil, reduce to half volume.
Strain, return the liquid to the pan.
Mix cornstarch with the cold water, blend into sauce.
Reheat and whisk in the cream, add the salt and pepper.
Blend the egg... - 42.3845
Normandy Baked Apples
1) Preheat oven to 450°F.
2) Defrost the flaky pastry.
3) Peel and carefully core the apples, without going quite to the bottom.
4) Take the pastry to roll out into a sheet about 1/8 inch thick. Cut the sheet into 6 squares of 6-inch... - 42.2822
Stuffed Whole Cabbage With Bechamel Sauce
Trim coarse outside leaves from cabbage.
Cut out the middle of cabbage (save cut portion for coleslaw).
Brown meat with onion in butter.
Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Spoon into cavity of cabbage.
Tie cabbage in cheesecloth.
Cook, covered, in boiling... - 42.0782
Basic Hollandaise Sauce
1) Cook the broccoli or cauliflower or poach the salmon or turbot; to be served with Hollandaise sauce.
2) In a saucepan, heat the vinegar over moderate heat until reduced to half quantity.
3) Remove the pan from the heat and first add... - 41.6575
French Beans With Hollandaise Sauce
French Beans With Hollandaise Sauce is a very delicious appetizer. The tabasco sauce, with hint of lemon makes French Beans With Hollandaise Sauce a perfect dish. - 41.5468
Meatballs With French Onion Sauce
In a 2-quart casserole micro-cook onion and butter or margarine, covered, on 100% power (HIGH) 4 to 5 minutes or till onion is tender, stirring once.
Mix cornstarch and water, then stir into onion mixture.
Stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce.
Stir in... - 41.46
1. In a large pan, tip in the butter
2. Melt the butter slowly
3. The butter will froth and the scum rises to the top.
4. Remove the froth and discard
5. Pour this into a dish and leave the milky residue of the butter back in the saucepan.
6.... - 41.39
Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Add the leeks and turnips and fry very gently for 2 to 3 minutes without browning them.
Add the potatoes and continue to cook until they are soft.
Add the stock and lima beans and season to taste.
Bring the soup to a boil... - 41.1082
Bechamel Sauce makes for a perfect base to prepare other sauces and is one of the mother sauces of French cuisine. It also goes well with other sauces, gravy, soups and stews. - 40.9605
German Tongue With French Sauce
Place the tongue in a large kettle, add the pickling spices, beer and enough water to cover.
Simmer gently for 2 hours.
When about done, presoak pot, top and bottom, in water for 15 minutes.
Put the chopped onion in bottom of the pot, then add the... - 40.589
Microwaved Bechamel Sauce
1) In a dish, place butter.
2) Microwave at HIGH until the butter melts.
3) Add onion and sauté until the onions turn brown.
4) Sprinkle flour and microwave for a minute.
5) In a separate bowl, add milk and chicken bouillon. Dissolve... - 40.1575
Pate De Foies De Volailles Normande
1. Cut liver and bacon roughly.
2. In a saute pan, add chopped apple, onion, wine and parsley.
3. Cover the lid and cook for about 30 minutes on low flame.
4. Allow it to cool.
5. In a food processor, puree this mixture until it becomes... - 40.0852
1.In a saucepan, mix together milk, onion, bay leaf, and peppercorns.
2.Let simmer covered for 5 to 6 minutes.
3.Into a bowl, strain using a sieve .
4.Throw away onion and spices.
5. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and add in flour.
6.Stir cook ... - 39.5731
1. Take a saucepan, add in cold milk and flavorings and gradually bring to the boil.
2. Take away from heat; cover pan and let it stand until the milk has gone cold.
3. Strain the milk.
4. Make White Sauce by Roux method: In a saucepan over low heat,... - 39.4227
1. In a saucepan, gradually heat milk to scalding point. Add bay leaf, onion and peppercorns.
2. Remove the saucepan from heat and cover. Let it soak for 7 to 8 minutes.
3. Take a small heavy saucepan and melt butter in it. Remove from heat and add the... - 39.3713
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Lay the plaice skin-side down and, holding the tail end, push a sharp knife between the skin and flesh in a sawing movement. Hold the knife at a slight angle with the blade towards the skin.
2. Cut each onion into... - 39.0972
Lemony Mousseline Sauce
1.Take a basin, put egg yolks in it with salt, white pepper and lemon juice.
2.Keep the basin in pot containing hot but not boiling water.
3.Add a pice of butter and stir constantly so that the mixture is thick.
4.Take the mixture away from heat and... - 38.8325
1) Rub the pheasant with butter all over
2) Place the pheasant on a rotary spit or in a hot oven for about 15 minutes till browned all over
3) Slice and peel the apples and layer onto the base of a casserole
4) Once browned, place the pheasant into... - 38.7171
Hollandaise Sauce For Two
1) In a small saucepan, place together lemon juice, vinegar, peppercorns and bay leaf with 2 teaspoons of water.
2) Heat the vinegar mixture to boil until the liquid reduces by half.
3) Allow the vinegar mixture to cool.
4) In a small... - 38.643
1. In a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium-high heat.
2. Stir the flour and seasonings and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, until the mixture is sandy in texture and begins to froth but not browned.
3. Gradually add the milk and... - 38.3069
Veloute Sauce For Seafood
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over low heat.
2. Add the flour and stir until it begins to froth in the butter and resembles sand texture but is not browned.
3. Gradually add the hot stock, stirring or whisking vigorously to... - 37.8998
French Onion Sauce
Place steel blade in work bowl.
Add cut-up parmesan; process till finely chopped.
Remove and set aside.
Insert slicing disk in work bowl; slice the onions.
In a 2-quart saucepan cook the sliced onions in butter or margarine, covered, for 10 minutes.
Uncover,... - 37.7266
Veloute Sauce tastes nice. Veloute Sauce must be tried for its unique taste, it is a classic sauce and very easy to make. You must try this simple recipe at home. - 37.4068
Classic French Hollandaise Sauce
1.Blend butter until light and creamy.
2.Stir in egg yolks, lemon juice and seasonings and mix well.
3.Slowly add boiling water and once done, put the mixture on the top of heated broiler.
4.Cook the mixture for 5 minutes over boiling water by mixing... - 37.2654
Creamy Hollandaise Sauce
1. Set out a small double boiler.
2. In the top of the double boiler, beat egg yolks and cream with a wire whisk until thickened and light colored.
3. Blend in salt and cayenne pepper.
4. Place top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water. (Bottom of... - 37.1259
Mornay Sauce is an amazingly delicious mouth watering side dish recipe. Serve it at your dinner party; I bet you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 37.0247
Aillade is a typical Southern France preparation. It is a mix of fine condiments and is topped with a garlic base. Aillade adds delicious flavor to plain dishes. - 37.0146
Cotes De Porc Normande
1. Melt the butter in a pan, add the pork steaks and cook for 7-10 minutes on both sides until cooked and golden brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a heated serving dish. Keep warm.
2. Add the onion to the pan and cook gently until... - 36.6193
Hollandaise Sauce For Vegetables
In a small saucepan, melt butter until bubbly.
Place egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard, and seasonings into blender container; cover and blend on low until yolks are frothy.
Pour in half the butter in a very slow, steady stream until creamy.
Then turn blender... - 36.5694
1) Combine together the broth and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir well to dissolve.
2) Cook the mixture over moderate heat, constantly stirring, till the mixture starts to boil.
3) Continue to cook and stir till the mixture has thickened. This... - 36.3149
Microwaved Hollandaise Sauce
1. In a small microware bowl, add the butter and soften it for half a minute; beat egg yolks into it
2. Microwave it again for a minute, whisking it gently every fifteen seconds all the while that it cooks
3. Beat lemon juice, pepper and... - 36.0723
2 Cheese Mornay Sauce
Mornay Sauce is simply a delicious recipe. Try this Mornay Sauce; I bet, you will get a huge fan following for this one. - 36.066
Eggs Baked With Oysters Normandy
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Take 4 small ovenproof dishes, put two tablespoons of cream in each and season with salt and pepper.
3.In each dish, put six oysters and drizzle a few drops of their liquor on them.
4.Break two eggs... - 35.922
Basic Hollandaise Sauce
1. In a blender jar put egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend at high speed for 3 seconds.
2. In a small pan melt butter to foaming.
3. Remove the center of the blender jar and add drops of hot butter and then in a thin stream.
4. Remove the... - 35.7777
French Brown Sauce With Beef Broth
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onions, carrots, celery and sugar; saute 10 minutes or until tender.
Add all but 2 tablespoons beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire and Cook Blend.
Cover; bring mixture to a boil.
Place cornstarch... - 35.7574
1) In a saucepan, melt the cream butter. Add in the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne while continually stirring.
2) Pour in boiling water, very slowly into the saucepan.
3) Stir till the mixture is as thick as boiled custard.
4) Serve... - 35.693
Rub inside of fondue pot with cut garlic clove.
Add wine and half and half; heat until bubbly.
Cut cheese in small pieces and add to wine mixture.
Stir over low heat until melted.
In a small bowl blend cornstarch with calvados; add to cheese mixture.
Continue... - 35.6711
Normandy Pork And Cabbage
Trim fat from pork; discard. Cut pork widthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut each apple half into 6 wedges. Set aside.
Heat wok over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon butter and swirl to coat... - 35.3551
French Fried Zucchini With Cocktail Sauce
Combine catsup and horseradish, stirring well, set sauce aside.
Combine flour and seasonings, set aside.
Combine egg and milk, mixing well.
Dredge zucchini slices in flour mixture, and dip in egg mixture, roll in flour mixture again.
Deep fry in hot oil... - 34.6973
Hollandaise Sauce With White Wine Vinegar
1. Over low heat, melt butter in a small pan. Cool.
2. Boil vinegar, peppercorns, mace and bay leaf until vinegar is reduced to 1 tablespoon.
3. Strain into a heatproof bowl, discarding solid flavorings.
4. Beat in egg yolks and 1 tablespoon cooled butter.
5.... - 34.6212
French Onion Sauce
In 1-quart casserole micro-cook onion in butter or margarine, covered, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
Stir the cold water into the cornstarch.
Stir into cooked onion mixture.
Blend in the beef broth and Worcestershire... - 34.3512
Parsley Flavored Veloute Sauce
1) Attach a dry knife blade to the food processor bowl.
2) Add the parsley and grind until finely chopped.
3) In a 1-quart saucepan, heated over medium heat, melt butter and sauté parsley in it for 1 minute.
4) Stir in flour and broth... - 34.1568
French Quarter Sauce
Cook onion in hot oil until tender.
Add remaining ingredients; simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
Makes enough sauce to baste 4 pounds loin back ribs or spareribs. - 34.1176
Heat a skillet.
Add the oil and the flour.
Roast the flour until it gives off a nutty odor.
If not cool, it will lump when the water is added.
Add the water and mix well with a whisk.
Add the salt.
Bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer on low heat for 30... - 33.9678
Artichokes With Hollandaise Sauce
1. Carefully wash the artichokes properly under running water and discard all the ragged leaves.
2. Cut the top tips and snip off the sharp points using a scissor. Also, trim the artichokes stalks to make them look even size.
3. Take a... - 33.9592
1. In a saucepan, add vinegar, wine and shallots and boil unyil the mixture reduces to 1 tablespoon.
2. Make a creamy sauce by gradually whisking in small pieces of butter upon reducing the flame a bit.
3. Further, cook sometimes on low flame and... - 33.719
French Quarter Sauce
Combine all the ingredients and chill thoroughly.
If desired, combine with one finely sieved hard-cooked egg.
Serve over chilled shrimp. - 33.7166
Simple Hollandaise Sauce
Put egg yolks and 3 tablespoons butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water.
Stir constantly until butter is melted.
Add 3 tablespoons butter.
As mixture thickens and butter melts, add remaining butter.
Continue stirring constantly until butter is... - 33.6802
French Dessert Sauce
Mix sugar and cream in 1 quart Saucepan and place over medium eat.
Add butter and stir constantly until melted.
Boil gently for several minutes.
Remove from heat.
Add salt, vanilla and brandy.
Stir until blended.
Makes 1 1/3 cups.
Serve warm over puddings,... - 33.6304
1. Blend margarine with flour in double-boiler top.
2. Stir in broth and cream gradually and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
3. Remove from heat; stir 1/4 cup of the sauce into egg yolks.
4. Return to mixture in double boiler.
5. Cook over... - 33.4656
Add flour and stir until blended.
Slowly add milk and chicken stock, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
Add seasonings and cook, stirring, until smooth and thickened.
Makes 2 cups. - 33.2615
1. In a saucepan, melt some butter for foaming.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for 5 minutes till the roux gets straw-colored.
3. Boil the stock, and gradually stir into the roux,
4.Add salt and pepper, and simmer for 15 minutes, whisking,... - 33.0843
1) In a saucepan, melt the better. Add in the flour and stir well.
2) Reduce the heat and add in cream and stock. Stir.
3) Season with salt and pepper. Stir till sauce turns nice and smooth.
4) Serve the sauce hot with dish of your choice. - 32.7526
Mousseline Sauce Using White Wine
1. In a heatproof bowl, take eggs, egg yolks, sugar and wine. Whisk it to mix it well.
2. Keep the bowl over a pan of not boiling but hot water. Whisk it for around 3-5 minutes so that the sauce turns frothy and almost thick enough to leave a ribbon... - 32.1887
1. In a pan, melt some butter, to foam.
2. In a liquidizer, or blender, place the egg yolks, water, lemon juice with seasoning and blend for few seconds.
3. In the midst of this, pour the melted butter, to amalgamate for thick and creamy... - 32.1106
French Custard With Raspberry Sauce
Preheat oven to 325F.
In small saucepan, over medium heat, heat cream just until bubbles form around edge of pan.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine egg whites, vanilla, and salt; with portable electric mixer at high speed, beat until frothy.
Gradually beat... - 31.8928
1) Take a small saucepan and heat butter in it until very hot and bubbling.
2) In a Blender Jar, covered with the lid, blend egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and hot pepper sauce at Liquefy speed for about 5 seconds.
3) With the Blender still running, take... - 31.7749
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
Stir in flour and lower heat.
Add milk slowly, stirring constantly, then add liquid, stirring until smooth.
Add lemon juice to egg and beat, add to milk mixture, again stirring until smooth.
Serve from a sauce boat or bowl to... - 31.6302
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
Whisk flour into melted butter a little at a time until fully combined to form a roux.
Cook mixture until it's golden and begins to smell nutty, about 3 minutes.
Slowly whisk stock into roux until mixture is... - 31.5205
Blender Method Hollandaise
Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the container of the blender.
Heat the butter in a small saucepan with a pouring spout until the butter foams up but before it browns.
Cover the blender container and blend the egg yolk mixture at high... - 31.3806
1. Place the water, vinegar, peppercorns and mace in a small saucepan.
2. Heat gently and reduce to 1 tablespoon; strain and allow to cool.
3. Meanwhile, place the butter in a small saucepan, heat gently to just melt, do not allow it to become oily.
4. Place... - 31.0315
In a blender or food processor cream the garlic, egg yolks, salt, pepper and mustard.
With the machine running add the oil in a slow, thin stream.
Add the vinegar.
Pour into a serving bowl or use as required. - 31.009
Basic White Or Bechamel Sauce
Melt margarine in top of double boiler over hot water.
Add flour, salt, and pepper, and cook over moderate heat about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Gradually add milk.
Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
Keep warm in double boiler. - 30.7277
Blender Hollandaise Sauce
1.In a blender, put egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
2.Blend the ingredients well for 2 minutes.
3.Drizzle the melted butter and stir well until thick.
4.Serve with fried foods. - 30.2266
Melt butter in a medium sized sauce pan.
Mix in the flour and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
Stir in the chicken broth and cream.
Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce thickens.
Stir in the cheese and simmer for 2 more minutes.
Use as required. - 30.1523
Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, over low heat for two to five minutes.
Pour in all of the stock, whisking constantly to blend the mixture smoothly.
Increase the heat and continue whisking while the sauce comes to a... - 29.9533
Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
Add the flour and stir into a paste (roux) cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
Add the milk and stir; simmer until thickened.
Add the seasonings and simmer 2 additional minutes. - 29.423
1.In a blender, put in all the ingredients but the butter.
2.Process at low speed.
3.Now, add butter continuously.
4. Blend well.
5.Serve with egg Benedict and steamed asparagus. - 29.3828
Melt the butter to very hot.
Place the egg yolks in a double boiler over low heat.
Add lemon juice slowly, be sure its thoroughly incorporated.
Remove from heat, slowly whisk in the hot butter.
Add the cayenne and use sauce at once. - 29.1887
Creamy Hollandaise Sauce
1. In the top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks, cream, salt and cayenne pepper until thick with a whisk beater. Set over hot (not boiling) water. (Bottom of double-boiler top should not touch water.)
2. Add the lemon juice gradually, while beating... - 28.243
Classic Gourmet Hollandaise Sauce
In a medium heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a large saucepan filled with 2 inches of gently simmering water, whisk the egg yolks with the cold water and salt until the mixture is just warm to the touch.
Slowly drizzle half of the melted butter into the... - 27.9902
Melt butter or margarine in a medium saucepan.
Stir in flour.
Cook over low heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Gradually stir in Fish Stock or clam juice.
Bring sauce to a boil; stirring constantly, boil until sauce thickens.
Season with salt and white... - 27.9768
1. Divide the butter or margarine into 3 equal parts. Place one third in the top of a double boiler. Add the lemon juice and egg yolks. Set the pan over but not touching hot, but not boiling, water and heat, beating constantly with a rotary beater or wire... - 27.68
Coulis De Fraises
1 Add all the ingredients to a liquidizer.
2 Mix until smooth.
3 Pass through a sieve.
3 Serve immediately. - 27.5653
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan until it is bubbling but not brown.
2. Combine yolks and lemon juice in a blender. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in melted butter. Season with salt and pepper. - 27.4663
Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan and put in refrigerator till everything is cold, including whisk.
Put over low heat and whisk till a thick consistency for about 8-10 minutes.
Can be kept warm over hot water. - 27.0074
French Sauce Recipes By Category