- » French Sauce
French Sauce Recipes
Enjoy our collection of french sauce recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for french sauce recipes.
Betty's Asparagus With Peanutty Hollandaise Sauce
Impress your family with this yummy supper treat that takes little effort to make. A quick and easy asparagus dish, Betty shows you how you can put together a feasty treat at home with hollandaise sauce and asparagus. This is so simple and sumptuous that even... - 120.736
This sauce goes beautifully with poached fish, poached eggs and steamed vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower. It is a little tricky to make but absolutely delicious! - 118.954
Baked Pasta And Meat With Bechamel Sauce
Pasta is so versatile and here is a baked pasta and meat with béchamel sauce recipe that proves its versatility yet again. This dish is a normal household meal cooked simply with ordinary ingredients, but it is so flavorful with fragrant spices added to it.... - 114.515
This video recipe if Basic Veloute shows you the most basic and most important sauce of the any cooking. This is handy in almost any dish from soups to gravies to sauces. Take a look and keep it handy. - 112.534
How To Make Hollandaise Sauce
An easy recipe for hollandaise sauce is not that commonly available. However, this video will guide you through the easiest way to prepare a delicate hollandaise sauce. Store this in your refrigerator and use as a perfect spread on any of your favorite food. - 111.887
Pork Normandy And Braised Veggies
1. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. In a hot skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the seasoned pork chops and sear on both sides. Once done, set aside to rest.
3. In another pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil along... - 110.395
Classic Hollandaise Sauce
Would you like to see how easy it is to make a classic hollandaise sauce at home? Have a look at this great informative video for hollandaise sauce. The video provides great serving ideas for this versatile sauce apart from eggs benedict. The chef here makes... - 105.356
Classic Bechamel Sauce
Always wondered how to prepare that perfect Classic Bechamel Sauce? Watch this video to learn a step by step process to prepare it in your own kitchen. Use the sauce in your favorite recipes and enhance the taste manifold. - 104.245
French Hollandaise Sauce
Prepared an appetizer, but don't know which sauce to serve on the side? Don't worry, check out the yummy and delicious French Hollandaise Sauce. This sauce is very tasty and it makes any appetizer taste good, once dipped in it. - 103.568
Homemade Hollandaise Sauce
Hollandaise sauce is a wonderfully rich, lemony and buttery sauce. This sauce is a perfect accompaniment for steamed vegetables or eggs Benedict. Chef Caitlin utilizes Safest Choice Eggs for the recipe. - 99.267
1. In a saucepan take butter and boil for 2 minutes.
2. When butter is boiled water and solids are separated from the butter fat. Discard the foam and milk solids and remove the clarified butter in a bowl.
3. Boil water in a saucepan and take egg yolks... - 99.0194
Easy Bechamel Sauce
Notch up the taste quotient of your boring dishes with béchamel sauce. A gooey, white sauce prepared with flour and butter, this classic Italian take on traditional white sauce is truly tantalizing. Add this creamy sauce to your favorite pasta dishes for a... - 93.486
The Hollandaise Sauce is a classic. It can be used in the cooking of a variety of other dishes. The Kitchen Hacker shows you how to cook a hollandaise sauce in this video. Watch and learn, folks! Enough said! - 87.5318
Easy Hollandaise Sauce
No, Hollandaise Sauce is not something that only the chefs make in the restaurants. You can make it too in the comfort of your home in no time. Trust me. Watch and learn this easy recipe from the ever so hot Patrich Drake. Mazel Tov! - 84.45
Classic Hollandaise Sauce
If you intend to make breakfasts as one of the most interesting meals of the day, start with making Classic Hollandaise Sauce. Serve it with bread, cooked spinach and poached eggs or with steaks, fish and chips. It is a great way to pep up for the day! - 75.4461
Asparagus And Green Onion With Hollandaise Sauce
Are you following a raw food diet? Here's a recipe that you must try. Watch the chef demonstrate a step wise process to prepare these Asparagus and Green Onion with Hollandaise Sauce. The recipe is really simple and can be easily replicated at home. - 63.2106
1) Stick a clove into the peeled onion.
2) In a 1 1/2-pint microwavable dish, add the milk, onion, carrot slices, bay leaf, peppercorns, mace and microwave uncovered on HIGH for 2 minutes.
3) Cover the dish and let it rest for at least... - 49.2719
Bechamel Sauce With Black Peppercorn
1. Put the milk and all the infusion ingredients into a saucepan.
2. Slowly bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, cover and leave until cold.
3. Take a fine sieve, and strain away the milk, to remove flavorings.
4. In a heavy based... - 48.4114
Braised Turkey Persillade
1. Rinse and dry the turkey well and place all the giblets except the liver in a saucepan
2. Cover the giblets with water and heat it to booling; turn the heat down and allow to simmer for half an hour; add liver and simmer for another... - 47.968
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Rinse fillets in cold water. Use paper towel to dry them.
3. Fold fillets over in thirds.
4. In a lightly buttered 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish, arrange fillets in a single layer.
5. Sprinkle lemon juice,... - 47.3624
Broccoli With Mornay Sauce
Preheat oven to 350Â°.
Combine bread crumbs, 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, parsley, pap-rika and garlic powder in a bowl.
Place broccoli in a 1 -quart baking dish Melt butter in top of dou-ble boiler over boiling water.
Stir in flour using a wire... - 47.3268
Salmon With Hollandaise Sauce
Clean the salmon trout making sure all the blood is removed from the backbone and wash under the cold tap.
Do not remove scales as they give protection.
Place in a casserole, season and pour the court bouillon on to the fish with a little extra white wine if... - 47.1209
Crepes De Volaille With Mornay Sauce
1. Put the chicken in a large saucepan with the celery, carrot, onion, parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add water to cover and bring to a boil. Partially cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
2. Remove the chicken from the pot, and, when cool... - 46.8623
1) In a double boiler, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over a medium heat, stir in the flourand blend well.
2) Gradually pour the milk, stir and cook until thickened.
3) Season with the salt and pepper, then set over a pan with simmering water.
4) In... - 46.7323
Normandy Style Salsify
Normandy Style Salsify has a finger licking taste. The sour cream and egg yolks gives the Normandy Style Salsify a mind blowing taste. - 46.7054
It has never been so easy to whip up a delicious gourmet dish! This gorgeously delicious recipe for Bechamel Sauce is sure to win many stomach. Give this Bechamel Sauce a try and let your guests envy you! - 46.2877
Normandy Roast Duckling
1. Wipe the duckling with a kitchen towel or paper toweling.
2. Rub salt into the skin.
3. With a fork, prick the skin all over to render fat. Keep aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C or Gas No. 4)
5. To prepare the... - 46.2771
Poached Salmon With Mousseline Sauce
Poached Salmon With Mousseline Sauce is an irresistible mouth watering side dish recipe which you would love to serve to your loved ones. Try this Poached Salmon With Mousseline Sauce; I bet you will have a huge fan following for this. - 46.0529
1) Cut onion into slices.
2) Clean the leek in water and chop them.
3) Skin the potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
4) Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) before baking.
5) In a large skillet, heat butter and sauté onion and leek in it... - 46.0383
Beef In Burgundy Sauce
1. Cut the beef into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Working in batches, brown the meat in the skillet; do not overcrowd the pan or the meat will steam rather than brown. The browner the meat, the darker the gravy. Transfer the... - 45.858
Fish Soup Normandy
1. Clean the fish. Trim and cut.
2. In a large saucepan put fish. Add bouillon, lemon juice, onion, celery, and carrot.
3. Cook and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
4. Strain and keep aside.
5. To prepare Fish Dumplings, grinder fish... - 45.854
Normandy Pork With Cream And Apples
Haven't tried this yummy Normandy Pork With Cream And Apples recipe, yet? I am sure you will love it! Use the freshest of pork available to get a delicious dish. Dish is a French specialty, eaten as a Main Dish. Spare 70 minutes from your leisure time and you... - 45.8452
Tomato Red Pepper Coulis
1) In a medium-size Dutch oven, add all ingredients to combine.
2) Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
3) Cover the container and simmer for 20 minutes by reducing the heat.
4) Remove from heat and allow the ingredients to cool slightly.
5) In a... - 45.8004
Bechamel Sauce is very easy to make. Bechamel Sauce is a basic sauce which can be used to prepare various other dishes. Try this simple Bechamel Sauce recipe in your very own kitchen. - 45.799
Madeira Sauce For Beef And Veal
There hasn't been an occasion when this Madeira Sauce For Beef And Veal recipe didn't receive rave reviews. This Madeira Sauce For Beef And Veal when served will bring happiness in your dining room. In my estimation, if one calls oneself a good cook, one... - 45.5831
Stuffed Artichokes With Hollandaise Sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, mix together both the cheeses, crumbs, lemon juice, anchovy fillet, basil, cloves, herbs, seasoning to taste and 3/4 of olive oil.
3) Remove the leaves out gently, and stuff the cheese mixture... - 45.4684
Normandy Apple Chicken
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a large heatproof casserole, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter along with the oil.
3) Add the pieces of chicken and cook them for about 5 minutes, turning to brown well on all the... - 45.4581
1. In a saucepan, bring milk, quartered onion, thickly sliced carrot and thickly sliced celery along with mace, parsley, cloves and peppercorns slowly to a boil with constant stirring.
2. Take the saucepan off heat, cover, let it stand for about 30... - 45.3378
Escalopes De Veau Normande
1.Scrape escalope with flour.
2.In a heavy skilllet.,put 6 tablespoons of butter and heat.
3.Add scraped escalopes to it and fry until light brown.
4.Add salt and pepper to it.
5.In a separate pan, heat Calvados.
6.Put heated Calvados in... - 45.3374
Meat Casserole With Veloute Sauce
1. Cut meat in 1" (2 1/2 cms.) cubes. Wash and drain. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, flour, lemon juice and wine. Leave aside for 2 hours.
2. Melt margarine, fry garlic, onion and add meat cubes. Fry until brown.
3. Add remaining wine mixture mixed with 1 cup... - 45.1344
Normandy Pork With Cream And Apples
There is no better gift for your palate than this Normandy Pork With Cream And Apples recipe. Dish takes only 70 minutes to be prepared. Use the freshest of pork available to get a flavorful dish. Dish is an amazing Main Dish to set the French table. I am... - 45.0917
1) Wash lettuce and dry the leaves.
2) Peel apples and core them.
3) Cut the apples into thin rings.
4) To prevent browing of apples, rub cut surface of the lemon half over both sides of the apple rings.
5) In a salad bowl, place... - 45.079
Soak the raisins for 1 hour in warm water.
Heat half the butter in a frying pan and brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
Remove to a plate and season well.
Add remaining butter and toss in the apple slices so that they become lightly browned only.
Place... - 44.9802
Steamed Asparagus With Mousseline Sauce
Steamed Asparagus With Mousseline Sauce is a delicious and easy to make dish. Steamed Asparagus With Mousseline Sauce is an excellent appetizer for a get together or party . The ingredients are easily available, this Steamed Asparagus With Mousseline Sauce... - 44.7674
Prick the skin of the duck all over.
Put the breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl and pour over 4 tablespoons of the cider.
Squeeze with your hand so the breadcrumbs are completely moistened.
Melt the butter with the oil in a saucepan.
Add the apples and celery and... - 44.5891
Breast Of Chicken In Madeira Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cook rice with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3-1/3 cups water as package label directs.
3. Wipe chicken breasts with damp paper towels.
4. With sharp knife cut breasts in half carefully remove skin and bone, keeping... - 44.5385
Broccoli With Hollandaise Sauce
1) In a 10-inch square baking dish arrange broccoli spears with flowerets towards the center.
2) Sprinkle water on top and seal tightly with plastic.
3) Cook in Microwave at Power Hi for 8- 10 minutes till broccoli is cooked.
4) Strain and keep aside... - 44.5342
Asparagus In Anchovy Sauce
Asparagus in anchovy sauce is a flavorful herbed asparagus recipe. Made with cooked asparagus, tossed and marinated with the anchovy sauce, this dish is ready to be served. Prepared with a mix of lemon juice, anchovy, onion and garlic powder along with dried... - 44.3367
Bechamel Sauce With Mace
1. In a suitable casserole, mix together the first eight ingredients listed and microwave for four minutes
2. In a microwave safe bowl, blend the butter, flour, salt and pepper into a paste
3. Strain the hot milk slowly into the paste and stir till... - 44.0584
The Madeira Sauce is a delightfully well flavored sauce that goes very well with Boneless Breast Of Chicken With Virginia Ham. I served it just last weekend for a party and needles to say everyone loved the combined flavors of he chicken with the Madeira Sauce - 44.0457
Melt 25 g/1 oz of the butter in a frying pan.
Add the onion and fry until it is soft but not brown.
Transfer the onion to a mixing bowl using a slotted spoon.
Add the apple, sausagemeat, breadcrumbs, parsley, sage, salt and pepper to taste and the egg to the... - 43.9827
French Beans With Hollandaise Sauce
French Beans With Hollandaise Sauce is a very delicious appetizer. The tabasco sauce, with hint of lemon makes French Beans With Hollandaise Sauce a perfect dish. - 43.8487
Chicken Breasts With Citrus Hollandaise Sauce
In a double boiler, whip together the egg yolks, white wine, lemon and orange zests for 3 minutes; season.
Gradually add the butter, while whipping, until the sauce emulsifies.
When the sauce is consistent (like mayonnaise), remove from the heat and add the... - 43.8153
Normandy Pear Tart
Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
Add the butter and fat and cut into small pieces.
Rub the fat into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Stir in all but.
2 tablespoons of the sugar and the walnuts, then the egg yolks and enough of the... - 43.7696
Normandy Loin Of Pork
Place the butter in a 6-cup (3 L) microwave-safe dish and melt 3 minutes at HIGH.
Place the roast in it, fat side down.
Microwave 5 minutes at HIGH.
Remove roast from dish.
Place the minced vegeta-bles in the baking dish, stir.
Microwave 5 minutes at HIGH,... - 43.6348
French Classic Bechamel Sauce
1. To flavor the milk for the béchamel, in a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine milk, bay leaf, peppercorns, mace, carrot and onion.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame and scald the milk without boiling.
3. Strain the milk into a measuring jar... - 43.6235
Normandy Salmon Steaks With Hollandaise Sauce
Clean mushrooms; cut into thin slices.
Heat butter in frypan.
Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup wine and water.
Season with salt and pepper; simmer 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, rinse salmon under cold running water; pat dry.
Sprinkle with lemon juice; let... - 43.5385
Salmon Steaks With Hollandaise Sauce
1. Clean and cut mushrooms into thin slices.
2. Rinse salmon steaks under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. In a frying pan heat butter.
4. Add mushrooms and sautÃ© for 3 minutes.
5. Pour 1/4 cup wine and water over... - 43.4955
Brisket With Burgundy Orange Sauce
Preheat the oven to 300°F.
Stir together the soup mix, wine, water, and flour until blended in a roaster into which the brisket fits comfortably.
Stir in the basil, thyme, marmalade, orange peel, sugar, garlic, and pepper.
Add the brisket, spooning some of... - 43.4685
Sole Normande is a seafood recipe prepared with sole along with shrimps and mussels. Oven cooked with shallots and mushrooms for flavor, the Sole Normande is served with a cream sauce poured over it. - 43.4049
Almond Flakes Normandy
Cut butter into flour until particles are the size of rice kernels.
Blend in almonds, confectioners' sugar, and salt.
Beat the egg white and extract until frothy; add to flour sugar mixture, mixing until a soft dough is formed.
Shape dough into a ball; knead... - 43.3311
Rich Mornay Sauce
1.Preheat the oven at 425 degrees.
2.In a bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
3.Put egg, sour cream and shortening and stir well until a dry consistency of the mixture is achieved.
4.Take muffin tins and put... - 43.2911
Creamy Mornay Sauce
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter.
2) Stir in the flour, paprika, and salt and allow to cook till bubbly.
3) Gradually stir in the cream and milk and cook over low heat.
4) Keep stirring till the mix slightly thickens.
5) Stir in the cheeses, mustard,... - 43.2831
1) In a pot, add milk, onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf and peppercorns.
2) Allow to boil, then turn off heat, cover and leave to infuse for 20 minutes and strain.
3) In a pan, heat butter, and add cornflour and cook gently for 2 minutes, continuously... - 43.2814
Chicken Breasts Normandy Style
Pat chicken dry; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Dust lightly with flour.
In large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat; brown chicken lightly on both sides.
Remove from pan.
Pour off all but 2 tbsp (25 mL) fat in pan.
Add onion, celery and... - 43.2798
Snow Peas With Lemon Anchovy Dipping Sauce
Combine egg yolks, mustard, anchovies, lemon juice and shallot in processor and mix until foamy and pale.
With machine running, slowly drizzle in oil, stopping occasionally to make sure oil is being absorbed.
If sauce is very stiff, mix in sour cream.
Season... - 43.2662
Meatballs With French Onion Sauce
In a 2-quart casserole micro-cook onion and butter or margarine, covered, on 100% power (HIGH) 4 to 5 minutes or till onion is tender, stirring once.
Mix cornstarch and water, then stir into onion mixture.
Stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce.
Stir in... - 43.2473
Roast Veal Normandy
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sage, celery salt, and ground pepper, and rub over entire surface of the roast.
Using a large ovenproof pan, brown the veal well on all sides in 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil.
This should take about 10 minutes... - 43.211
Preheat oven to 180°C.
In a large frying pan heat both oils, add chicken, saute over high heat until golden, about 8 minutes, turning once Remove from pan, season to taste.
Pour fat from frying pan, add half the Calvados and all the vinegar.
Brig to the... - 43.2035
Asparagus With Orange Basil Hollandaise Sauce
1. Take a knife and make butter into three equal pieces at room temperature.
2. Break the tough ends of asparagus and scrape off the scales.
3. Take a double boiler and mix half the quantity of orange juice, egg yolks, basil, pepper and... - 43.1268
Normandy Chocolate Mousse
Line bottom of 6 inch mold with heavy white paper.
Put lady fingers upright around the edge, sticking them with butter.
Cream together butter and sugar thoroughly.
Blend in egg yolks, nuts, 2 Tbsp rum and cooled melted chocolate.
Beat egg whites until stiff... - 43.1083
Chicken Saute Normandy Style
Cut chickens into serving size pieces.
Brown well in oil and butter or margarine in a large kettle; remove from heat.
Warm the applejack in a small saucepan until small bubbles appear around edge. (Do not boil.)
Carefully ignite with a wooden match held at... - 43.0322
Hollandaise Sauce With Parsley
1. Prepare the double boiler by adding water into one large pan and bringing it to a boil
2. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until they turn thick and assume the colour of lemon
3. Mix water into it and set it on top of the double boiler;... - 42.9472
Normandy Style Turkey Scaloppine
Put the onion in a dish and microwave, uncovered, for 3 minutes on HIGH.
Season both sides of the turkey scaloppine (escalopes) with salt and pepper.
Put on top of the onion and surround with the apple quarters.
Add more salt and pepper if needed.
Pour the... - 42.8351
Cherry Madeira Sauce For Poultry
This Cherry Madeira Sauce For Poultry is something I would like to make for myself! In fact, all my friends and folks love it for its blend of flavors. Give it a try and treat your loved ones! - 42.8279
Cream Offish Soup Normandy
Put the fish, onion, celery, tomatoes, wine, bouquet garni and water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Strain the liquid into another saucepan.
Remove all the bones from the fish.
Blend the fish and... - 42.7024
Combine the stock, wine and green onion in a sauce pan.
Bring to a boil, reduce to half volume.
Strain, return the liquid to the pan.
Mix cornstarch with the cold water, blend into sauce.
Reheat and whisk in the cream, add the salt and pepper.
Blend the egg... - 42.6094
Mustard Hollandaise Sauce
1. To prepare Hollandaise sauce, Take a skillet, and in it, melt butter and let it cool down, later skim the surface of the skillet
2. In a saucepan, pour the water and place the egg yolks and whis together along with salt and pepper, until the... - 42.5575
Asparagus With Orange Hollandaise Sauce
Cook fresh asparagus.
Meanwhile, divide butter into 3 portions.
In small heavy saucepan combine egg yolks and 1 portion of the butter.
Cook and stir over low heat till butter melts.
Add another portion of the butter and continue stirring.
As... - 42.4093
Microwaved Bechamel Sauce With Light Cream
Place butter in custard cup.
MICROWAVE on HIGH until butter is melted.
Blend in flour to make a smooth paste.
Combine cream, chicken broth and onion in 1-quart measure or bowl.
MICROWAVE 2 MINUTES, 30 SECONDS on HIGH, or until mixture is about to... - 42.2584
German Tongue With French Sauce
Place the tongue in a large kettle, add the pickling spices, beer and enough water to cover.
Simmer gently for 2 hours.
When about done, presoak pot, top and bottom, in water for 15 minutes.
Put the chopped onion in bottom of the pot, then add the... - 42.1381
Asparagus With Coriander Hollandaise Sauce
Gently warm the coriander seeds in the butter until the butter just begins to bubble.
Remove from the heat, cover and leave to infuse for 20 minutes.
Tie the asparagus into 4 equal bundles.
Stand them in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, to which the... - 42.0221
Seafood Crepes With Mornay Sauce
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Butter a large, shallow baking dish.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
Add onion and mushrooms; saute until vegetables are tender.
Stir in seafood.
Blend in 3/4 cup of the Mornay Sauce, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese,... - 41.9591
Simmered Béchamel Sauce
1. Wash the vegetables and tip all the vegetables into a pan with milk, bouquet garni, mace and peppercorns.
2. Simmer the pan half-covered as slowly as possible and bring to the boil. Immediately remove from the heat and set aside to infuse for 10-15... - 41.9321
Simmered Hollandaise Sauce
1) Into the bottom of a double boiler, pour water. (about 1 inch). (You can also use a large saucepan or fireproof casserole if you are making a bain-marie.)
2) Now, heat this water until it starts simmering.
3) Reduce the heat to low.
4) Now, place... - 41.9252
Chicken With Mornay Sauce
Place butter in 4-cup measure.
Microwave at High for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until butter melts.
Stir in flour, parsley, bouillon and nutmeg.
Blend in milk.
Microwave at High for 4 to 6 1/2 minutes, or until mixture thickens and bubbles, stirring 2 or 3... - 41.9007
Normandy Sand Cake
Sift flour, baking powder, and nutmeg together.
Cream butter and sugar together, using electric mixer at medium speed, 5 minutes or until thick and creamy.
Add eggs one at a time; beat well after each addition.
Add flour mixture alternately with Madeira,... - 41.8841
Salmon Mousse With Hollandaise Sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Drain and flake salmon, removing skin and bones.
Combine salmon, cream, eggs, onion, parsley, salt and pepper in large mixer bowl.
Beat with electric mixer until smooth; pour into greased 6-cup ring mold.
Place mold in large pan... - 41.883
Burgundy Sauced Wild Ducks
In a large saucepan simmer ducks in small amount of salted water for 20 to 30 minutes; drain.
In large skillet brown ducks slowly in butter; transfer to a 12x7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish.
Blend flour into pan drippings.
Stir in broth, mushrooms, Burgundy,... - 41.8219
1) Take a medium sized bowl and add butter to it.
2) Set Microwave to HIGH after placing bowl in it.
3) Microwave for 45 seconds- 1 minute or until the butter melts without boiling.
4) Keep it aside.
5) Take a blender bowl and add all other... - 41.771
1) Mix together flour, butter and milk for the white sauce.
2) Add in pepper and cayenne to taste.
3) Mix a little of this sauce with egg yolk.
4) Return the yolk mixture back into the sauce and stir cook for 1 minute, until it becomes smooth.
5) Stir... - 41.7674
Put the vinegar, lemon juice, bay leaves, mace and peppercorns into a small pan and simmer until the liquor has reduced to 2 tablespoons (2 1/2T).
Put the egg yolks into a small bowl, blend in the strained liquor from the pan and mix well.
Put the bowl on top... - 41.749
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly coat the bottom of the ovenproof dish with 1oz. of butter.
3) Arrange the potato slices in layers in the ovenproof dish, seasoning each layer generously with salt and pepper.
4) Stream the milk... - 41.6697
Seasoned Mornay Sauce
1) In a skillet, melt the butter or margarine.
2) Stir in flour, salt, prepared mustard and cayenne; blend thoroughly.
3) Gradually stir in the milk, stir constantly over a low heat, until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
4) Stir in the Worcestershire... - 41.5796
Baked Salmon Steaks With Hollandaise Sauce
Grease a flameproof dish with the softened butter.
Rub the salmon steaks with salt and pepper and place in the dish.
Add the bouquet garni.
Remove the mushroom stalks from the caps and add the stalks to the dish.
Reserve the mushroom caps.
Pour the wine and... - 41.477
Madiera sauce is a wonderfully flavorful sauce that I often use in cooking. Made with assorted veggies like carrots, celery and green onions, the madeira sauce is cooked in chicken broth with madeira and is flavored with thyme, bay leaf and some tomato sauce. - 41.4582
1. In a saucepan, melt butter.
2. Add mushrooms, and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in between occasionally.
3. Remove pan from heat. Add flour to pan and mix until smooth.
4. Add reserved fish stock and wine.
5. Place the pan over heat, and cook over... - 41.4456
1 Into a medium saucepan, pour the milk
2 Add in the bay leaf, mace, onion, peppercorns and salt.
3 Gently heat the milk for about 7 minutes and allow to infuse the flavour.
4 Remove the pan from the heat.
5 Into a small bowl, strain the... - 41.3953
Delicious apple-stuffed crepes can be prepared in advance and put in the oven.
Calvados (apple brandy) is sold in miniature bottles; if unobtainable use brandy.
Peel, core and cut apples into short slices.
Fry in melted butter until just colored.
Spoon fried... - 41.3463
French Sauce Recipes By Category