- » French Rabbit
French Rabbit Recipes
Enjoy our collection of french rabbit recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for french rabbit recipes.
For all those French cuisine fans, this rabbit pate recipe is a must try. Take a look at the video to see very clear and simple directives to make rabbit combined with mushrooms, and whiskey to make a mouthwatering dish. Few minutes of baking and you are... - 105.258
Two-way Braised Rabbit
It cannot be emphasizing enough how delicious and juicy the meat of a rabbit will be when cooked in this way. Braising a rabbit is a little more involved than braising beef or lamb or even chicken! It has a great deal to do with the fact that the meat of a... - 98.4415
Rich Rabbit Casserole
Put the rabbit joints in a deep casserole and pour over the cider.
Leave to soak overnight.
Pour boiling water to cover the prunes and soak for at least 10 minutes.
Drain the cider from the rabbit and reserve.
Wipe the rabbit with absorbent kitchen paper.
Fry... - 47.0265
1) In a large bowl, place the rabbit pieces with the lemon, cover with cold water and allow to stand overnight.
2) Drain, rinse the pieces under cold running water, then dry thoroughly on paper towels.
3) In a pan, saute the rabbit... - 46.4156
1) Cut rabbit into serving pieces.
2) In a bowl, place the pieces with 2 tablespoons olive oil, wine vinegar, onions, bay leaves and garlic.
3) Cover with foil and place inside refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, turn at... - 45.713
Brown Rabbit Stew
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In the base of cooker, heat the butter or margarine.
3) Saute the onion, carrots and parsnips until lightly browned.
4) Remove vegetables from the cooker and drain well.
5) In the hot butter or margarine,... - 45.6761
Prepare the rabbit and dip in seasoned flour.
Place the bacon in the butter and oil and saute gently.
Remove to a casserole.
Place the joints in the fat and brown on all sides.
Transfer to the casserole.
Saute the onions gently, then add to the bacon.
Saute... - 45.2251
Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
Add the rabbit, cover and leave in a cold place for 12 hours, turning occasionally.
Drain the rabbit, reserving the marinade, and dry on kitchen paper.
Mix together the flour, salt and pepper and use to coat the... - 44.4825
Country Style Rabbit
1) Arrange the ingredients.
1) In a cooker, heat butter or margarine in .
2) With salt and pepper, season the rabbit and fry until a light golden brown on all sides.
3) With a slotted spoon, lift the chicken out of the cooker and drain... - 44.4648
1) Cut rabbit into 6 or 8 pieces and put them in a large bowl.
2) Stir salt in cold water and soak rabbit for 1-2 hours.
3) Drain and pat dry thoroughly.
4) Coat with mustard, cover with cheesecloth and refrigerate overnight.
5) Remove rind and... - 44.2585
Country Rabbit Persillade
1)Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2)Coat each piece of rabbit with the mustard
3)Choose a baking pan,add salt and chicken stock
4)Add the rabbit to the pan,cover and cook in the oven for 55 minutes
5)Drain this stock into saucepan
6)Keep the... - 44.071
1) In a large pot of cold water, add in a little vinegar. Soak the rabbit in this water for about 2 hours so that the flesh whitens slightly.
2) Drain and slice the rabbit into little pieces.
3) Into a saucepan, add in the rabbit meat... - 42.3813
Provencale Rabbit In Tawny Port
1) Wash the rabbit pieces and dry them gently.
2) Remove the fat from kidneys and keep them aside.
3) In a large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, vinegar, thyme, tarragon, and pepper.
4) Mix in prunes and rabbit along with kidneys... - 41.8718
Ragout Of Rabbit Or Veal
1. Preheat oven or grill.
2. Follow instructions to prepare rich brown stew.
3. Prepare and cook vegetables similar to rich brown stew.
4. Bake or grill the bacon rolls.
5. Serve hot. - 41.4691
Rabbit Liver Pate
Mix the rabbit pieces with the pork, liver, sausagemeat, garlic sausage and onion.
Stir in the sherry, parsley and sage and season well.
Line a large terrine or ovenproof dish with the bacon slices, allowing some of them to hang over the sides of the... - 40.1038
Joint the rabbit and put into a large saucepan.
Pour in mixed stock and milk and add the chopped onion, bacon, mushrooms and herbs.
Season to taste.
Simmer gently for about 1 1/2 hours or until the joints are tender.
Lift them out and keep warm on a... - 37.8351
Cut up the rabbit into convenient pieces.
Dice the pork fat, and put it in a fireproof dish with the pork fillet.
Arrange the pieces of rabbit on the top and add the white wine, salt, bunch of mixed herbs, pepper, nutmeg, and Cayenne pepper.
Cook very slowly... - 37.2229
1) Clean the rabbit thoroughly.
2) Let the rabbit simmer for 30 minutes, with a little salt and pepper.
3) Once done, remove meat from bones in large neat pieces.
4) In a skillet, fry the rabbit with the garlic cloves until golden.
8)... - 36.9176
Cut the rabbit up into convenient pieces, and fry these in 4 tablespoonfuls of butter together with the green bacon, which has been soaked to remove the salt.
Add some pepper.
When all is nicely browned, stir in the flour and allow it to turn golden.
Moisten... - 35.9981
1) Pour cold water and a little vinegar in a pot large enough to fit the rabbit. Soak the rabbit in this water for about 2 hours so that the flesh whitens slightly.
2) Remove the rabbit from the pot and wash it clean with fresh water. Dry... - 34.5612
Cut the rabbit up into convenient pieces.
Dice the bacon and slice the onions.
Spread the sausage meat in a saucepan, or an earthenware dish if you are cooking on a range or an electric cooker, greased lightly with lard.
Follow this up with alternating layers... - 31.1532
Bone the rabbit completely: sort out the largest pieces of rabbit and put them aside to steep in brandy for 3 hours.
Chop the smaller pieces together with the liver, heart and lungs.
Meanwhile boil the bones in white wine with onions, carrots, a bunch of... - 29.6172
Rabbit With Thyme And Mustard
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add rabbit and cook, turning frequently, for 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
2. Add mustard, stock, wine and thyme to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally,... - 28.3302
Alsatian Wild Rabbit
Cut the rabbit in pieces; brown it with the green bacon fat: moisten with dry white wine, which you have heated, and add salt and pepper.
Shred the red cabbage: boil it for 5 minutes, then take out, and drain.
Put the shredded cabbage into the liquid in which... - 27.1094
Fricassee Of Rabbit
If rabbit is not available, chicken may be used instead.
Method Blanch rabbit by putting in cold water, bring- ing to a boil, draining and refreshing under cold water.
Trim away any skin and neaten the pieces with scissors.
Put rabbit into a shal- low pan,... - 26.7431
Rabbit In The Oven
Remove the head of the rabbit.
Stick the carcass all over with small pieces of fat bacon best applied by making small incisions with the point of a knife.
Put it into a fireproof dish, with some diced lean bacon, sliced onion, mixed herbs, salt, pepper and a... - 26.251
Potted Rabbit Livers
Arrange a layer of slices of bacon in a fireproof dish, then a layer of very finely minced rabbit liver.
Continue with alternate layers like this, finishing with slices of bacon moistenedÃ¢â‚¬â€if you likeÃ¢â‚¬â€with brandy.
Cover with a... - 21.2929
Lapin Sautee ( Roasted Rabbit )
Rabbit is not even a bird and yet has a spiky chicken-like taste. There are many countless ways to prepare it but some attention is obviously required in the process. Trick here is to add white wine and saute it for a long time. Ironically, it matches quite... - 15.3243
French Rabbit Recipes By Category