- » French Poultry
French Poultry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of french poultry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for french poultry recipes.
1. Using moist paper towels, clean the quartered ducklings and season with salt and pepper. Prepare a marinade by mixing the ingredients in a large bowl. Coat the ducklings well with marinade, cover using a foil and allow to refrigerate... - 46.2797
Piquant Poultry Terrine With Broccoli
1. In a food processor jar, combine the poultry meat and ham.
2. Mince finely.
You can also have this done by your butcher.
3. Grease a 2-quart terrine or casserole.
4. In a microwavable dish, place carrots.
5. Cook them for 3 minutes... - 45.8231
Duck Breasts En Croute
1. Roast the ducks at 400°F for about 45 to 60 minutes. Once done, keep them aside to cool.
2. Take a pan and sauté the bacon, onions, duck livers, and orange rind in the butter.
3. Add some olives and brandy. Let this mixture cook for... - 45.8187
Canard A La Nicoise
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Apply salt and pepper to the inside of the duck and place it in a lightly oiled roasting tin.
3. Cook in the preheated oven, for about 30 minutes.
4. In a frying pan heat the remaining... - 45.0738
Poached Pheasant With Apple And Pecan Nuts
1. In a bowl, place the pheasant breasts pour over the oil and stir well.
2. Cover and marinate in the fridge overnight.
3. In a large, shallow flameproof casserole melt 50 g (2 oz) butter and brown three pheasant breasts at a time, then remove from... - 45.0516
Poule Au Pot
1 Clean the hen throughly.
2 In a food processor, put all the stuffing ingredients and blend.
3 Stuff the hen with the prepared stuffing and sew the hen firmly at the ends.
4 In a very large pot, put the hen with vegetables, garlic, clove,... - 44.9852
1) Cut rabbit into 6 or 8 pieces and put them in a large bowl.
2) Stir salt in cold water and soak rabbit for 1-2 hours.
3) Drain and pat dry thoroughly.
4) Coat with mustard, cover with cheesecloth and refrigerate overnight.
5) Remove rind and... - 44.8504
Cold Duck Souffle
To make cream sauce:
1. Into a small pan put milk with sliced onion and carrot, peppercorns, mace, herbs and cloves and heat slowly for 20 minutes.
2. In another pan melt butter, stir in flour, strain on milk and bring to the boil, stirring... - 44.5225
Faisan Au Vin
Dust the pheasant with the flour.
In a large skillet brown the pheasant in the butter over low heat.
Tilt the pan away from you and flame with the brandy.
Add the red wine, seasoning and chicken stock.
Cover and simmer until the pheasant is tender, about 40... - 44.509
1. Mince livers, pork or veal, fat bacon, finely chopped onions and crushed garlic together.
2. In a bowl mix with breadcrumbs, egg beaten with milk, chopped herbs, orange rind and brandy (or sherry) and add seasoning and mace.
3. With... - 44.5044
Guinea Fowl With Grapes
1) Wash the birds and dry them.
2) Secure with string for ease of handling.
3) In the cooker, heat the butter and brown the guinea fowl all over.
4) Take out from cooker and drain well.
5) In hot butter, saute the shallots, lift out... - 44.2012
Terrine De Faisan
1. With a sharp pointed knife, slice the meat from pheasant carcass.
2. Discard skin.
3. Cut breast meat into strips.
4. Scrape sinews from leg meat.
5. In a bowl, put breast meat with ham and pork strips, pour brandy and Madeira on top. Cover... - 44.1954
Remove and discard the duck fat and cut the meat into thin strips.
Pour over half the brandy and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
Mix together the veal, pork, eggs, salt and pepper to taste, garlic and the remaining brandy.
Melt the butter in a frying pan.
Add... - 44.0133
Duck Pate is a yummy and exquisite French appetizer. There is not a better dish to start your dinner with! Here is a good Duck Pate recipe! - 43.9303
Caneton Aux Navets
Caneton Aux Navets is a french duckling recipe prepared with turnips and onions. Oven braised and served with sauce of lemon juice with pan drippings, the Caneton Aux Navets is great for parties and has a delicate flavor to it. - 43.5961
Roast Duck French Style
Rub the duck inside with salt and marjoram.
Coarsely chop the olives and anchovy fillets.
Peel and core the apple and cut into slices.
Soak the white bread in water, squeeze dry and mix with the olives, anchovies, apple slices and eggs.
Stuff the neck end of... - 42.9916
Heat Browning Skillet in Radararige oven 4 1/2 minutes.
Add oil and Cornish hen halves, breast side down, rubbed with pepper.
Cover, cook in oven 5 minutes.
Turn halves over after 2 1/2 minutes.
Remove from skillet; keep warm.
Add sausage, apples, pepper, and... - 42.8688
Duck With Orange
Sprinkle the duckling inside and out with salt and pepper.
Peel the zest from the orange and cut in thin strips.
Discard the pith then divide the orange in segments.
Put the segments in the body cavity of the duckling.
Put in a meat tin and prick the entire... - 42.8151
Casserole Of Pigeons
1. Clean the bird and cut in half. Remove the feet.
2. In a pan add butter and heat until it browns.
3. Stir in diced bacon fat and fry till crisp. Drain out the bacon.
4. Add the bird and brown on both sides. Discard the fat.
5. Add... - 42.6025
Roxanne Chan's "pacific Rim Duck Salad"
Lightly brush duck breast with the oil.
Combine salt, pepper and 5 spice powder and pat onto duck breast to adhere.
Broil on an oiled broiler pan 5-8 minutes, turning once or until medium-rare.
In a small saucepan combine the cranberry juice, red... - 42.4984
Rub the fillets with salt and pepper and the lemon juice.
Coat them with the flour.
Melt the butter in a frying pan.
Add the shallots and ham.
Fry until the shallots are soft but not brown.
Put the hare fillets in the pan and brown on all sides.
Pour over the... - 42.2643
Cailles A L'orange
1. Cut 8 thin slices from 1 1/2 oranges, leave 4 slices whole and cut the rest in half. Scoop out any remaining flesh.
2. Grate the rind and squeeze the juice from the remaining 1 1/2 oranges.
3. Pound the scooped-out flesh with a third of the grated rind,... - 42.2355
Le Caneton A L'orange
1) Peel the oranges, remove the pith, and divide in segments.
2) Slice the rinds into thin strips, boil for 10 minutes, and keep aside with the orange segments for granishing later.
3) Preheat oven to 400 degree.
4) Truss the ducks.
5)... - 42.2199
Roast Turkey With Green Chiles, Garlic, And Red Chile Gravy
For gravy base: Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, and oregano.
Saute until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
Add next 4 ingredients.
Whisk in chicken broth.
Bring gravy base just to boil, whisking constantly.
Reduce heat and... - 42.1913
Eggs A La Duchesse
1.Start by slicing the onions
2.In a pan, cook the onion in very little fat until brown
3.Now add milk and eggs cut in halves
4.Stir over the fire for 3-4 minutes
5.Add the slightly beaten egg yolks, the parsley, cheese and... - 42.1241
Canard Au Grand Marnier
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Rinse the duck thoroughly, pat dry then remove the giblets, neck and wing tips to first joint.
3) In a bowl, mix all the seasonings together, except Grand Marnier.
4) Rub the mixture inside the cavity... - 41.8325
1. Dredge quails with seasoned flour.
2. In a large Dutch oven or a casserole, melt butter over medium high flame.
3. When the butter starts to froth, arrange the birds breast side down and sear evenly on all sides until lightly... - 41.8056
Chicken And French Onion Casserole
1.Cut through skin connecting legs to body, then find with your fingers the joints between legs and body and cut through these; the cuts which consist of the combined legs and thighs are called marylands.
2.Cut maryland pieces into 2 at joint to give thigh... - 41.6829
1. In a pan melt butter. Add diced bacon and fry it.
2. Fry the whole pigeons in fat until brown. Drain out and keep aside.
3. Add vegetables and sautÃ© until most of the fat is absorbed.
4. Stir in flour to absorb remaining fat.
5. Pour the stock... - 41.0345
In a pan, melt half of the butter and saute the shallots for 2 minutes.
Add the red wine and let reduce by half.
Add the brown sauce, thyme, salt and pepper and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
Add the cream and set aside.
In a frying pan, melt the remaining... - 40.0718
1) Cut the pheasant. Though it can be cut up after cooking, it is convenient to cut before.
2) Hung the bird well, until used.
3) Chop the shallots.
4) Peal and core the apple rings.
5) Brown the pheasant and chopped shallots in the... - 39.7835
Pheasant In Wine
1) Clean the pheasants.
2) Chop two of the onions and the birds' livers.
3) Put half the mixture in each pheasant.
4) In a skillet, heat oil and butter together and brown birds all over.
5) Put the birds into a casserole.
6) Remove... - 39.7066
Confit Of Duck
Rinse the ducks and pat dry.
Combine the salt, pepper, herbs, and spices in a bowl.
Coat each piece of duck in the mixture and lay flat in a dish, sprinkling the remainder of the salt mixture on top.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (even better, up to 24... - 39.5803
Roti De Pintade Rock
Roti De Pintade Rock is an irresistible delicious side dish recipe. Try this Roti De Pintade Rock; I bet you will have a huge fan following among your friends and relatives. - 38.3625
Tortilla A La Paisana
Put enough olive oil in the frying pan to cover the bottom (about 1 1/2 tb).
Heat the oil over a brisk fire until it is on the verge of smoking.
Throw in green beans and potatoes; stir with a fork for a few seconds, then add ham.
When themixture is lightly... - 37.3645
Hearty Poultry Pie
Hearty Poultry Pie has a terrific taste. The chicken and rice gives the Hearty Poultry Pie a majestic taste. Hearty Poultry Pie is inspired by restaurants internationally. Must try it. - 37.2837
Turkey Saute Aux Fines Herbes
Have your meat man saw turkey parts crosswise into 1 1/2 -inch-thick steaks.
Rub meat with a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper.
Brown steaks in butter and salad oil, turning to brown both sides.
Add wine, mushrooms, tarragon, thyme, parsley, chives, and... - 37.2759
Faisan En Casserole
Melt half the butter in a flameproof casserole, add the pheasant and fry until browned on all sides; remove from the pan.
Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook gently for 10 minutes.
Return the pheasant to the pan, add the fonds brun or beef stock,... - 36.8878
Turkey And Caper Quiche
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Line 9-inch quiche dish or pie pan with pastry.
Trim edges and flute.
Layer turkey, cheese, tomato, onion and capers in crust.
Blend eggs, mustard, salt and half and half in small bowl.
Pour mixture into pie crust.
Bake in oven 40 to... - 35.4634
Omelette Fines Herbes
Omelette Fines Herbes is a french omelet recipe cooked with fresh herbs of choice. fried in butter, the Omelette Fines Herbes is great as a breakfast aside warm toasts. - 35.1248
French Roast Squab
Place 1 slice onion in the neck opening of each squab; then stuff each bird with 1/2 cup grapes.
Season 1/4 cup of the melted butter with salt, pepper, and monosodium glutamate; then roll whole birds in mixture.
Place squabs on rack in an uncovered... - 34.7717
Pigeons En Estouffade
Wrap 2 rashers bacon around each pigeon and secure with string.
Melt the butter in a pan, add the pigeons and cook for 10 minutes until browned all over.
Pour over the brandy and wine, bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the onions, fonds brun or... - 34.724
1) Cut the squabs and split them in half.
2) Brush them with butter or oil, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3) On a hot grill or under a broiler, place the squabs with skin side toward the heat.
4) Turn when brown.
5) Cook for... - 34.5384
French Fried Turkey
1.Start by cutting the turkey into serving pieces
2.Season with salt
3.In a steamer, steam the seasoned turkey
4.Once steamed completely, let stand to cool
5.In a bowl, mix bread crumbs together
6.Dip the turkey pieces into the egg crumb... - 34.3102
Partially cook bacon and drain.
Alternate bacon and cheese in the pie shell.
Beat eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper together.
Pour over bacon and cheese.
Brown the butter and drizzle over the top.
Bake at 400F (200C) for 20 minutes, then bake at 350F... - 34.2964
Turkey Cordon Bleu
1. Cut carrots and zucchini crosswise in half; cut each half lengthwise into thin slices, then cut slices into matchstick-thin strips. In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter or margarine (1/2 stick); add carrots and 1/4 teaspoon salt;... - 32.3817
Turkey French Toast Sandwiches
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. In 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot salad oil, cook red pepper and celery until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and 1 tablespoon milk until smooth. Keep sauce warm.
2. Meanwhile, in 15 1/2" by 10... - 32.3151
French Omelette With Cheddar Cheese
With a fork beat eggs, salt, and pepper together till blended but not frothy.
Heat an 8 inch omelet pan.
Add butter and melt, tilting pan to grease sides.
When butter has browned lightly, or oil forms ripples, pour in omelet mixture, leaving heat moderately... - 32.1176
Egg & Sausage Quiche
1 Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry; flute edges. Do not prick. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of foil. Bake pastry in a 450° oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes more. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
2 Meanwhile, in a medium... - 32.0073
Turkey Divan With French Fries
Heat oven to 350Â°.
Rinse broccoli with small amount of running cold water to separate and remove ice crystals; drain.
Arrange broccoli in ungreased bak ing dish, 11 1/2X 71/2X 1 1/2 inches.
(If broccoli stems are more than 1/2 inch in diameter, cut... - 30.5716
Cornish Hens A La Francaise
1. Remove giblets and necks from hens. (If using 1 large hen, cut in half.) Rinse hens with running cold water; pat dry with paper towels; coat lightly with flour.
2. In 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook hens until well browned... - 30.2443
Beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together until blended.
Heat an 8- to 10-inch skillet until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water; melt butter in the skillet.
Pour egg mixture into skillet.
As edges of omelet begin to thicken, draw cooked portions... - 28.1801
Easy Turkey Piccata
Lightly sprinkle the turkey with the pepper.
Add the oil to a large no-stick skillet and heat over medium heat.
Add the turkey and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Turn the strips over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until the turkey is no longer... - 27.725
Fry mushrooms over medium heat in enough olive oil to cover bottom of pan.
When mushrooms are soft and turning brown, add chopped parsley.
Season with salt and pepper.
Stir and remove to plate.
Add olive oil to cover the surface of the pan if necessary, pour... - 27.6489
French Rolled Omelette
Cover the bottom of the frying pan with olive oil (about 1 1/2 TB for a pan 7 inches in diameter).
Heat oil over a brisk fire until it is on the verge of smoking.
Brown the ingredients and remove them to a plate.
If necessary to cover the surface of the pan,... - 24.1528
Potted Poultry Livers
All poultry livers can be used in this way, even chicken liver, which can provide a delicious little hot hors-d'oeuvre to serve before the roast fowl.
The liver is used raw.
Weigh the livers; take the half of whatever this weight is in fat green bacon, and... - 22.5914
French Poultry Recipes By Category