- » French Main Dish
French Main Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of french main dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for french main dish recipes.
Does food bring back memories for you? Are transported to another time and place by the smells and tastes of certain foods? Food can evoke some of the sweetest memories, especially from one’s childhood. British foodie Nigel Slater based his autobiography... - 138.775
How To Make Great Quiche
Pack with bacon, gruyere, cheddar, onions, spinach, and mushroom, this quiche is an ideal choice for brunch as well as dinner. And , the good news is that it is not as tough as it seems to be! Confused? Watch this video to learn to make this easy quiche! - 133.869
Individually Baked Vegan Ratatouille
The following recipe for vegetarian Ratatouille is a simple and delicious way to combine and take advantage of the nutrients and flavors of summer vegetables. Buying organic vegetables for this dish is a good way to avoid pesticides in the foods we consume.... - 129.921
If you constantly looking to prepare veggies in a different way, try this Cauliflower Gratin! This French style vegetable dish uses Bechamel sauce over the vegetable to give it a creamy taste. This dish is a hit with adults and kids alike! - 129.498
Ham Filled Crepes
Crepes are common in French cuisine most often with fillings of cooked meat or vegetables. Check out chef Juliey showing how to make Crepe Monsieur or Ham filled Cheese covered Crepe with ham slices and Gruyere cheese as the key ingredients in the filling.... - 125.368
Seafood gratin is a delicious main dish made with fish and seafood (today we will make it tilapia and shrimp), covered with a bechamel sauce, topped with cheese and baked it in the oven! what not to love?! - 125.315
French Style White Fish
The heart healthy white fish not only makes for a nutritious addition to your dinner table, but is quite flavorful too. In this French style recipe, the chef uses shallots, mushrooms, onions, and herbs to whomp up a tasty dinnertime fish recipe that is... - 124.378
Perfect Steakhouse Style Filet Mignon
For a once-in-a-while treat, nothing beats a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth filet. It’s so simple you don’t even need a recipe. It is so simple that you’re going to be dumbfounded when you sink your teeth into one of these beautiful browned crust delicious... - 123.325
Sweet Potato And Beef Casserole
Here is a wonderful casserole that combines sweet potatoes with a savory meat filling. This is very satisfying and absolutely divine. - 122.666
Braised Lamb Shank With Goat Cheese Polenta And Thyme Jus
In Bistro Cooking, join Lauren and Chef Olivier from ICI Urban Bistro to make this classic bistro dish, Braised Lamb Shank with Vermont Goat Cheese Polenta and Thyme Jus. This lamb dish is perfect for the winter months and goes perfectly paired with First... - 122.348
If you’re looking for the perfect recipe of Chicken Fricassee, then do check this out. This is perfect for a dinner party. I’m sure your guests will love it! - 122.025
1. Finely chop the onions and shallots, set aside.
2. Clean and wash the all the seafood, set aside.
3. In a saucepan add the butter, and melt it over low heat, add shifted flour and prepare the roux, once the flour is cooked gradually... - 121.695
Delicious Broccoli And Goat Cheese Quiche
Tse shows us how to make this Broccoli and Goat Cheese Quiche. It is a healthier version of the usual cheese quiche recipes. This is perfect for the small parties that you throw. Enjoy! - 121.484
Pepper Crusted Pork Tenderloin Medallions In Mushroom Sauce
This recipe will have you forget fatty pork chops forever! There is something comforting about pork tenderloin cooked to perfection. If you want to make a simple, healthy pork main course, this is just what you should be making. Pepper crusted pork tenderloin... - 121.44
I am doing this dish of Beef Bourguignon as a special request from a viewer in England named Paul. He contacted me and asked if I would make something in a slow cooker. He is only now getting into cooking and didn't want to look at a cookbook or look for a... - 120.392
Standing Rib Roast With Au Jus
1. Preheat oven to 500 degree.
2. On a paper towel, place horseradish, fold the towel, press and take out the liquid. Put it in a mixing bowl, and keep it aside.
3. Take rib roast out of the refrigerator, at least one hour before cooking. Rinse... - 120.306
Steak Au Poivre With Dijon Cream Sauce
1. Cut steak into 3 finger wide slices.
2. Place steak on a tray and sprinkle salt over it. Apply thin layer Dijon mustard on the top side. Sprinkle pepper and set it aside.
3. Place a stainless steel skillet on medium high heat for... - 119.952
Coq Au Vin
Coq au Vin, which simply translates to cock in wine, is now updated to be made easily in American kitchens. Instead of an aged rooster, use boneless chicken breasts or thighs to cut your prep and cooking time down to 30 minutes! - 119.922
Pork Tenderloin & Banana Tarte Tatin
Tenderloins are incredibly versatile; perfect from casual family dinners to your most fancy affair! Here I am showing you how to make Dijon Mustard Tarragon Wine Tenderloin and a simply scrumptious Banana Tarte Tatin! - 119.439
The Posh Pescatarian's version of the classic Salade Niçoise using sustainable seafood including skipjack tuna and flat anchovies. - 118.861
Salmon Primavera Baked In A Brown Bag
This dish literally screams “French Classic” with serve with a twist! This spring-summer dish looks, smells and tastes like the season. It’s fresh, light, healthy and very quick. What a fantastic way to enjoy the best ingredients of spring! - 118.861
You will love this recipe, Rich flavors blend nicely and is a great way to serve a crowd. - 118.859
Ratatouille Fast & Easy
This one's an epic, for us. But it's still fast and easy and perfect for a weeknight meal. Ratatouille isn't just a cartoon. But you knew that, right? - 118.712
French Dip Sandwich
Chef Walter Staib from City Tavern in Philadelphia makes a lunchtime French Dip sandwich using Momma Dietz's Pot Roast of Beef. - 118.445
Best Roast Leg Of Lamb
Roast Leg of Lamb. Not necessarily quick but simple and easy. You'll wonder why you don't do it more often. - 118.21
Filet Of Sole Meuniere
Filet of Sole, aka Sole Meuniere. This will turn your kids into fish lovers, I promise. - 117.994
Swedish Saffron Bread
This remarkably simple and flavorful bread recipe is a delicacy. This large loaf that also comes in S-shaped scrolls or other intricate patterns tastes great when eaten with butter or jam. An ideal accompaniment for your tea and coffee. - 117.783
Chicken Doré are wonderful chicken breasts with a scrumptious taste. Chef Jeff shows an age-old technique of preparing beautiful golden chicken breasts by using flour, egg and potato flakes. He accompanies the main dish with a bell pepper pesto and a side... - 117.493
This has to be the easiest “gourmet” method for serving fresh flounder fillets. Chef Ellie Espo makes a delicious versatile lemon sauce using three simple ingredients; lemon juice, wine and stock. This is an ideal recipe for French food lovers and... - 117.155
Halibut En Papillote With Faro Salad, Vegetable Medley
Cooking in parchment is a great way to serve healthy food that looks great and tastes great. Corn, tomatoes, leeks, Farro and tomato serve as a nest for this steamed Halibut. This video shows the proper method for cooking "en papillote" - 117.119
Flank Steak And Ratatouille
1. For steak, on a cutting board place steak, using a knife make score marks on both sides.
2. Spread olive oil on streak and season with garlic, and Euro-Crust seasoning on both sides.
3. Place steak on grill and cook for about 5... - 116.925
Pork Belly Confit
For those who thought that making pork belly confit at home is almost impossible, here is an incredible video. The video is wonderfully explained and shares this extraordinary recipe for pork belly confit. The video is nicely presented and demonstrated in an... - 116.72
Slow-cooked Chicken With 40 Garlic Cloves
Discover how sweet garlic can be as Wegmans Executive Chef Russell Ferguson puts this hearty, family-friendly dish together. It's an ideal meal for the cold weather that will make your kitchen smell amazing as it cooks throughout the day. - 116.414
Asparagus And Bacon Quiche
Why not try out a versatile French quiche with bacon, asparagus, mushrooms and Swiss cheese. Watch this fantastic video that shows how to make a delicious quiche at home. The video here is interesting and step wise so that you can have a great cooking... - 116.075
Make it a point to try out this cassoulet recipe with duck and lamb meat these holidays. Join Steve in his kitchen and see how he prepares this flavorful dish for dinner. The dish is nutritious and would serve as a perfect satisfying meal for relaxing... - 115.843
French Style Chicken Cordon Bleu
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt.
3. In a bowl combine cheese and cream cheese.
4. In another bowl combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper with breadcrumbs, parsley and two... - 115.613
Bistro-style Roast Beef
Confused about what to serve as main course for an upcoming dinner party? Then watch this video and learn of a special recipe that everyone is bound to love and remember for a very long time. Watch now to know more! - 115.546
French Chicken Normandy
If you want to prepare chicken Normandy at home take a look at this impressive video. The chicken here is cooked in apple cider and wonderfully flavored with cream, apple, butter and onions. Surely watch this video and surprise your family with a delicious... - 115.447
Quick Vegetable Quiche
Here is a short video showing how I make my my quick and easy quiche. Nothing too fancy here - and it's completely adjustable depending on which veggies you like and other ingredients you have on hand. (My homemade pie pastry was in a deep-dish pan so I... - 115.393
Beef bourguignon or beef burgundy - depending on how good your french is... basically beef braised in wine is so good and rewarding - take a run at it. - 115.182
The Best Boeuf Bourguignon
If you are under the impression that cooking up a classic boeuf bourguignon is only a professional chef's task, then you are wrong. You too can prepare this authentic dish at home, given some time and effort. Obviously you'll need a guidance, which will be... - 115.091
1. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with lemon pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
2. In a ziplock bag, mix the balsamic vinegar, orange juice and Italian dressing.
3. Add the chicken breasts into the bag and coat with the marinade and put into... - 114.943
The south of France still has a few traditional mills that press the local olives. I was lucky enough to live by one and they had a marvelous tapenade; olive paste, that they made there. The farmer down the road grew fennel that I would buy on my way home... - 114.79
Low Carb Cheeseburger Casserole
Today, on Lowcarbcafe chef Kelly has a delicious Low Carb Cheeseburger Casserole. The recipe is pretty simple like her other recipes but this time it’s not one or two ingredients, so keep your ingredients ready before tying out. Kelly has the entire recipe... - 114.768
This recipe is SO impressive and not hard at all. Its a one skillet kind of gourmet meal. Perfect to impress friends, family, or a special someone with. I like to ask my butcher to take out the backbone and flatten the chicken. If he’s nice he won’t... - 114.341
Steamed Haddock With Spring Veggies
Here is an extremely healthy and yet delicious dish for all fish lovers. In this recipe, haddock is steamed on a bed of veggies by packing inside parchment paper to seal the flavors. Want to know, how? Watch the video and learn the technique. The fresh... - 114.318
French Chicken Cordon Bleu And Peppercorn Sauce
Have a great cooking experience with Steve as he cooks chicken cordon bleu and peppercorn sauce in his kitchen. Watch this excellent video that would surely inspire you to cook this delicious chicken dish to amaze your guests! - 114.177
Spinach And Pancetta Quiche
This is the absolute best quiche recipe. Period. I love making quiche for breakfast, brunch, or lunch! - 113.99
French Canadian Pork Pie
This pork pie was a best seller at the deli in Christmas time in New Hampshire. It is very interesting because of the different spices it contains. These give the pie a very unique flavor. If you like pork, I hope you give this a try. - 113.915
Chicken Crepes A La Reine
Watch Chef Walter Staib making crepes stuffed with oven roasted chicken and mushroom filling baked to perfection. Take a look at this video that shows an elegant and classic recipe which can be a great accompaniment to wine. The video displays amazing... - 113.754
Beef Bourguignon Chef Billy Parisi Style
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large pot add the diced onions, celery, carrots and garlic along with a tablespoon of olive oil and brown.
3. Once done, add in wine, beef stock and let it reduce a little.
4. Once... - 113.565
Salmon French Style With Ratatouille And White Wine Butter Sauce
1. In a bit pot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and caramelize all the vegetables.
2. Add chicken stock and cook down. Finish with chiffonade basil and adjust salt and pepper.
3. For the salmon: Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
4.... - 112.43
French Style Chicken Chasseur
1. Chop an onion and slice a mushroom.
2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper
3. Heat a pan at medium heat.
4. Place the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. After about 3 minutes turn the chicken over and cook on the other side... - 111.655
Chat 'n Dish: Daube Provencal
Daube Provencal inspired by Helene Barale's daube served at her amazing restaurant Chez Barale in Old Town Nice France but modernized and shortened for easy preparation in our American kitchens. Who has 8-10 hours to spend cooking one dish? Yes there is... - 111.485
1. Heat skillet. Add 3T olive oil.
2. Add onions, peppers, salt, and pepper. Cook about 8 minutes over medium or medium-low heat.
3. Add eggplant, sinqua, thyme, and garlic powder. Cook covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Add tomato, cook... - 111.429
Lamb Ragout Over Pappardelle Pasta
This Lamb Ragout is aromatic, rich, and spicy! It's served over hand-cut Pappardelle Pasta made from scratch. This is a favorite dish from Aimee Pellegrini's restaurant, La Romanza Bistro in Seattle. She shared her family secrets for these great Italian... - 111.307
Stephanie, The Posh Pescatarian, slices up her incredibly fresh salmon tare tare. The perfect beginning to any mean. Get your taste buds ready! - 110.953
Cod En Papiote
1. Layer a pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Layer the some of the sliced potatoes, carrots, asparagus and tomatoes in the baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
4.... - 110.905
Steak Au Poivre With Cognac Cream Sauce
1) Season the steak with crushed pepper corn and salt. Push the crushed pepper corns into the steak.
2) Sprinkle fennel seeds all over the meat.
3) Place a skillet on high heat. Add little bit of olive oil to the skillet and heat... - 110.882
A great simple dish to make is the lovely quiche. I make two quiches in this show. One for the kids which is a simple cheese quiche and one for my friend Alice and I. A Red Chard, Dried Cranberries, Goat Cheese and Pine Nut quiche. The setting is our... - 110.633
Pork Normandy And Braised Veggies
1. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. In a hot skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the seasoned pork chops and sear on both sides. Once done, set aside to rest.
3. In another pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil along... - 110.395
Le French Hamburger
A French take on an American classic featuring French bread buns, Poupon mustard and Gruyere cheese. - 110.248
Classic Beef Bourguignon
Have you ever tried to replicate the same beef bourguignon, your mother used to cook. Here is a special recipe, which will guide you to cook up this delicate beef preparation. Try out this weekend and enjoy with your family. - 109.877
French Canadian Yellow Split Pea Soup
Cool weather means you need a hearty filling soup from Canada's north country... and this French Canadian Yellow Split Pea Soup hits the spot. - 109.432
Tilapia French With Lemon & Caper Sauce
Dress up this mild white fish with an eggy coating and delicious lemon butter sauce. Wegmans Executive Chef Russell Ferguson and Nella Neeck show you tips and tricks for getting it just right. - 109.352
French Roasted Yellowtail With Sauce Vierge
Making a roasted yellowtail with sauce vierge a an excellent and unique dish. This video is absolutely fantastic and a great tool to make a most delicious fish recipe. This video is well explained and would surely equip you for this flavorful treat. - 109.056
Coq Au Vin
1. For the Brown-Braised Onions: In a skillet, heat butter and oil.
2. Add the onions and saute over moderate heat for 10 minutes, rolling the onions about so they will brown as evenly as possible.
3. Pour in the stock, season to taste, and add the... - 108.863
Classic White Fish With Lemon Butter Caper Sauce
We all have certain little tricks, techniques and simple recipes up our sleeves—versatile weapons in our culinary arsenal we can turn to when we want to liven up or elevate a dish or a meal such as this lemon caper butter. It is an elegantly simple sauce... - 108.511
Grouper En Papillote
Don’t miss this opportunity to add a simple yet delicious fish dish to your recipe collection! We’ve created a scrumptious version of “Grouper en Papillote,” or fish in a bag, which is a fresh fish fillet baked with finely julienned vegetables in a... - 107.989
French Chicken Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. For caramelized onion, place a skillet on very high heat, and drop onions in it. Let it cook for 4 minutes.
3. Add maple syrup and mix well.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes or... - 107.827
Brasserie Du Vin Bouillabaisse
1. Clean and wash the seafood well.
2. Heat a medium sauce pan and pour the olive oil.
3. Drop the butter and let it melt.
4. Add the garlic and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
5. Throw in the clams and the mussels.
6. Pour in the white... - 107.791
French Country Chicken
Confused about what culinary delight to serve at the upcoming dinner party? Then watch this video and learn to cook a yummy chicken that everyone is bound to love! - 107.708
Cordon Bleu Chicken
French cuisine cook meat after preparing them with unique techniques and flavors. Watch the recipe to make Cordon Bleu Chicken or Pounded Chicken Breast rolled with Ham and soft cheese. Interesting one to go with pasta! - 107.199
Beef Stew With Bacon
Well if it's winter , so time to break out the stews? A lovely dish that is easy to make and tastes great. Brown the meat first as this gives it flavour, a slow cooking just cannot achieve. This is a good robust main course and no trouble to make. An ideal... - 106.94
Steak Au Poivre With Balsamic Sauce
French versions of steak are simple in making and delicious. Chef Mike Monahan shows how to cook Steak Au Poivre and serve it with reduced balsamic vinegar sauce. Great when had with ranch potatoes! - 106.853
Turkey With Mushrooms In Creamy Red Wine Sauce
Are you looking for some new Turkey ideas on this Thanksgiving? Try , this exciting marinated turkey breast in red wine and cream sauce with mushrooms. Your guests would surely thank you for such a lovely meal. - 106.823
Chicken Coq Au Vin
1. Place heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven on flame, add oil and garlic in it.
2. When the garlic starts sizzling, drop chicken skin side down in it. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until caramelized on one side. Flip and repeat on the other side.... - 106.019
French Baked Stuffed Chicken
Here is a unique French baked stuffed chicken recipe shared by Chef Steve Corry. Watch this outstanding video where the stuffed chicken is prepared in an unusual way. Here the chicken is put outside of the stuffing and baked to perfection. Give it a try... - 105.99
Cote Du Boeuf With Bernaise Sauce
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
To make Cote Du Boeuf :
2. In a pan heat oil and sauté ribeye steak until browned on both sides.
3. In the same pan melt butter and sizzle thyme sprigs and garlic.
4. Roast in the oven at 400... - 105.868
Chat 'n Dish: Tartiflette
With origins dating back to the 1980's when the Savoie cheese makers created Tartiflette to promote their local products, this hearty cheese and potato dish is just the perfect foundation from which to build your own creation using HOLIDAY LEFTOVERS! - 105.587
Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole
Join Toby as she prepares this diabetes-friendly stuffed cabbage rolls recipe with no stuffing or rolling required. This dish comes courtesy of Brenda Ponichtera, RD from her book "Quick and Healthy, Volume II", and is remarkable good. - 105.425
Fish Gratin With Fresh Red Rock Cod From The Pacific Ocean
Those of you who like baked fish should watch the video. An appetizing baked dish. The dish is combined with potatoes which gives it a different taste. The sauce used is easy to make. Fish Au Gratin can be served with a fresh green salad. - 105.393
Chicken And Rice Casserole
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Grease the casserole with cooking spray.
3. In greased casserole spread rice, top with chicken, carrot, red onion and celery.
4. In chicken broth add in garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and... - 105.327
Healthy Chicken Fricassee
Chicken Fricassee, this recipe is like chicken stew, chicken pot roast all rolled up into one BUT healthy, low in fat and sugar! This is a one-pan wonder. It takes about 45 minutes to finish up in the oven but it’s so worth the wait. This chicken recipe is... - 105.317
For all those French cuisine fans, this rabbit pate recipe is a must try. Take a look at the video to see very clear and simple directives to make rabbit combined with mushrooms, and whiskey to make a mouthwatering dish. Few minutes of baking and you are... - 105.258
Easy Potatoes Au Gratin
Today, Scott is making potatoes au gratin for one of his cousin. He got the recipe from one of the best restaurants and developed his own potatoes au gratin which is really easy to put together. He is making a delicious authentic French mornay sauce to go... - 105.124
Have you ever tried of replenting restaurant style Chicken Casserole? Enjoy this hearty chicken casserole packed with Green Giant vegetables and Baked with Tomato puree. The beauty of casseroles is that they barely require any tending. Just put them in the... - 104.309
Steak Au Poivre
1. Pre heat oven to 325 F.
2. Season the Steak with salt.
3. Toss the white and black pepper together and season the steak with the pepper pressing the peppercorns on so they adhere.
4. In a cast iron pan, warm oil on high heat and... - 104.17
Delicious Salmon And Spinach Quiche
I have been making this easy pantry style recipe for years and I never get tired of it. Perfect during a busy week for a quick dinner or lunch in the weekend. Serve with a tossed salad and a cool chardonnay and you are in business! - 103.875
Take a virtual tour of historic Vicksburg, MS with RV Cooking Show host Evanne Schmarder and then learn how to make a beautiful breakfast quiche and pasta salad - perfect for any special brunch occasion. - 103.375
Easy Dutch Oven Chicken
In this video, Dave cooks an Easy Dutch Oven Chicken dish that is juicy, tender and delicious. This video is worth watching as Dave gives a lot of ideas for slow cooking chicken for those who do not have Dutch oven. And those who have can make this dish with... - 103.338
French Main Dish Recipes By Category