- » French Bean
French Bean Recipes
French bean or green bean, also known as runner bean, is the still unripe fruit of the common bean, the pods of which are more commonly called string beans or snap beans. Other beans from which the green bean is ... More »
Garlic-soya Stir Fried French Beans
Bored and want to make something really quick? Try out a super fast, super healthy French bean stir fry! Watch chef Vikas dish out this recipe in a few minutes. Minimum effort and minimum time! A must-try dish! - 80.9041
Fried Pork Slices With French Beans
Cut the pork into very thin slices and marinate for 30 minutes.
Wash and prepare the beans, cut them into 4-cm (1 1/2-in) lengths.
Deep-fry the pork for 30 seconds.
Remove and drain well.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil very hot in a frying-pan and fry the beans... - 46.5132
Faggots Of French Beans
1. Remove the top and tail of the beans and remove the strings
2. Trim the shallots and add greens into boiling water with a little salt in it; drain and rinse under water at room terperature
3. Divide the beans into eight bundles of... - 43.5169
French Bean Kabab
Trim French beans, chop and boil in water for about 5 minutes till tender.
Combine all ingredients except gram flour, egg and oil and grind to a smooth paste.
Mix in gram flour and egg.
Pinch off lime-sized balls of mixture and roll into tightly packed... - 42.6405
French Quarter Bean Soup
In Dutch oven combine beans and enough water to cover.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Cover; let stand 1 hour.
Drain; add 6 cups fresh water and ham hocks.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 1... - 42.3859
French Beans With Cottage Cheese And Tomato
1. Prepare french beans. Put them in a sauce pan with boiling salted water for 15 minutes. Drain well.
2. Mix tomato paste with 250 ml. water.
3. Melt butter or margarine in a sauce pan, fry onions until soft but not brown. Pour in diluted tomato paste.
4.... - 41.3161
Beef With French Beans
1) Cut the steak in strips and soak in soya sauce.
2) Preheat the browning dish on power for 5 minutes.
3) Drizzle butter and oil and add the steak strips.
4) Reheat the browning dish for 2-3 minutes and stir fry onions and french... - 40.211
French Shallot Beans
1 In a pan, cook the beans.
2 Add the shallots during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
3 Drain throughly.
4 Pour the sauce made of remaining ingredients over the top.
5 Can be served over rice or hominy. - 40.1928
Shredded Liver With Carrot And French Beans
Cook shredded liver in boiling water for 15 minutes.
Heat oil, fry onions, garlic for 2 minutes, add liver pieces, salt and soya ginger sauce.
Stir well add vegetables.
Mix the cornflour, soya sauce, chilli sauce with 1 1/2 cup water.
Pour the... - 40.1553
French Bean Soup
Make stock from bones and vegetables, boiling them in 3 pt. of salted water for 2 hrs.
Clean and wash beans, slice and cook in stock until tender.
Prepare roux from lard, 2 oz. flour, with finely chopped onions, parsley, garlic and red paprika,... - 39.8836
French Beans And Onions
1. Wash the beans.
2. Trim the ends.
3. Peel the onion and chop it finely.
4. In a large saucepan, bring salted water to a rolling boil.
5. Tip the beans into the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes, or until they are... - 39.7714
French Quarter Red Beans And Rice
1. In large bowl combine beans in enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Let stand at cool room temperature -overnight. Drain.
2. In large Dutch oven or saucepan combine drained beans, 6 cups water, onion, celery, pepper, carrot, ham, thyme, and garlic.... - 37.3149
Buttered French Beans
1) Cut French beans into half.
2) In plenty of salted boiling water, blanch the beans for 2-3 minutes and then refresh and drain thoroughly.
MAKING ... - 37.075
French White Bean Soup
1 ln a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion, fennel, carrots, salt, and pepper and saute, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
2 Add the tomatoes, stock, basil, and fennel seeds and bring to a boil. Cover, lowerthe heat, and simmer... - 33.6649
French Or Runner Beans
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 380 degrees.
2) Rinse the beans and string them, With a sharp knife, slice the beans.
3) In a baking dish or a fireprood casserole, put the sliced beans and sprinkle with salt. Add just enough stock or... - 31.9178
1. Boil just enough water to cover beans.
2. Wash, string and slice beans diagonally.
3. Add beans to boiling water. Cook till tender. Add salt.
4. Drain and save liquid for soup or stock.
5. Melt butter and toss beans in the butter. - 31.3836
French Bean Bake
1 Brown beef in butter or margarine in a me-dium-size frying pan; stir in salt, thyme, pepper and cider; heat to boiling.
2 Spoon into a 6-cup baking dish; stir in beans and onions; cover.
3 Bake in moderate oven (375Â°) 30 minutes, or until bubbly-hot.
... - 31.2357
French Beans Almondine
Top and tail beans.
Cook whole, or sliced, in little boiling salted water until tender; drain.
Melt butter over low heat, add almonds, saute a few minutes.
Stir in salt and lemon juice.
Pour over hot beans. - 28.1663
French Beans With Baby Marrows
String the beans, and skin the baby marrow.
Slice the marrow into thin rounds, and arrange it in the bottom of a saucepan together with sliced onions and garlic, and the bunch of mixed herbs.
On top put the uncooked French beans.
Simmer over a very gentle... - 27.474
1. Cook beans in a large pot of salted boiling water until nearly tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of iced water, then drain. (This can be done ahead of time.)
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic, tomatoes, pine nuts - 27.3205
Boiled French Or Runner Beans
Wash, top and tail and string the beans.
Do not cut up French beans or young runner beans as they lose their flavour in cooking.
For older scarlet runners, slice thinly, or, for better flavour, cut into diamonds, i.e. slice them in a slanting direction.
Have... - 27.1338
Les Landes French Beans
A useful recipe for preserved French beans.
Drain the contents of a large tin or jar of large or medium-sized French beans: scald, rinse in cold water, and drain again.
Melt 3 tablespoonfuls of butter in a large frying-pan.
Dice 4 oz.
of raw smoked or salted... - 25.8103
French Beans With Tomato
Prepare and cook the beans in fast boiling salted water, then placed in a large frying pan and coat them with oil.
Skin and dice the tomatoes, chop the basil (or use dried), and the parsley and crush the garlic.
Add these ingredients to the beans and simmer... - 20.6424
French Beans With Cucumber
Cook some French beans whole and let them get cold.
Slice cucumber very thinly.
Mix these two into French dressing and sprinkle with chopped chives.
De- seed one sweet red pepper and cut and scatter over. - 16.034
French Bean Recipes By Category