- » Floured Squid
Floured Squid Recipes
Enjoy our collection of floured squid recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for floured squid recipes.
1. In a large bowl take flour and coat squid into it, keep that aside.
2. In same flour add in the bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper. Mix well all the ingredients.
3. In another bowl take egg. First dip the squids into the egg mixture then... - 84.9572
Deep Fried Squid
1. Clean squid and cut each in 4 parts.
2. Blend together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Then beat egg and add, along with cold water and oil. Beat with an egg beater until batter is smooth. Dip squid in this batter to coat.
3. Meanwhile heat... - 30.8246
Spicy Salty Squid
Well, the holidays are now over so it’s time to get back to our regularly scheduled program and make Asian dishes once again! This week, we show you how to make a favorite of yours–spicy & salty squid; it’s actually pretty easy… and tasty! - 113.375
Vietnamese Muc Rang Muoi - Salt Toasted Squid
1. On a chopping board, place the squid pieces and using a sharp knife, make fine criss-cross lines on one side of the squid. Once done set it aside onto a plate and using a paper towel pat dry the pieces.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the... - 120.551
Calamari With Tomato, Cilantro, Chipotle Sauce
1. To tenderize squid, in a large bowl combine squid, milk, garlic powder and turmeric. Mix well and soak for 24 hours.
2. For batter, in a large bowl, add flour, milk, egg, salt and pepper. Whisk well. Pop it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3.... - 112.057
Deep Fried Squid
This deep fried squid is an addiction ! I love this crispy seafood fry as an appetizer with chilli sauce ! Try this deep fried squid your way and let me know how you liked it ! - 27.3561
Deep Fried Squid
Prepare Seafood Cocktail Sauce, if desired.
Cut bodies of squid into 3/4-inch slices.
Trim long tentacles; cut tentacles crosswise in halves or quarters.
Dry squid pieces with paper towels.
In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper.
In... - 42.5706
Fried Squid Rings
Wash the squid and remove the ink bags, tentacles, and plastic-like spine.
Cut the bodies into thin rings, dry thoroughly, and dip into batter.
Deep fry until crisp, and serve hot with quarters of the lemon. - 24.2516
Shquib Squid (calamari)
On this episode of Dicksta's Dishes, The Dicksta shows the world how to make Calamari his way. But he didn't learn this skill without loss. You might want to see what story he has in store for you. - 0
Clean each squid by pulling the head out from the tubular body.
The insides should come right along with the head.
Reach inside the tubular body, and remove the plasticlike backbone; discard.
If you wish to use the heads as well, cut off the body innards and... - 35.4519
Unique appetizer ideas are always welcome. See this video that shows an extraordinary appetizer recipe that would definitely be a crowd pleaser. The video presents a terrific idea to transform simple squids into a flavorful and appealing treat. Take a... - 105.304
Thai Deep Fried Squid
Thai deep fried squid is an excellent appetizer that can be prepared in just a few minutes. The chef here has wonderfully flavored the squid with flavorful Thai ingredients and deep fried for a crispy texture. Surprise your guests by serving this... - 99.6984
Thaw squid, if frozen.
Pull fin and outer part of tail away from head and tentacles.
Cut off tentacles just above eyes; remove hard cartilage from tentacles.
Discard entrails and eye section.
Skin and clean body cavity, removing transparent pen.
Slice body... - 36.2369
This deep fired squid is perfect for beach parties and dinner parties if you want to serve something out of the ordinary. The squid is simply coated with seasoned flour and deep fried. Garnished with lemon wedges, the deep fried squid will definitely have you... - 35.0236
Fried Squid Savory
1 Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 350Â°F.
2 Clean the squid by cutting off the black pouch and the transparent cartilage. Cut off the transparent skin, wash in a lot of water and cut into long, fine strips. Lay them on absorbent paper.
3 Pour the beer... - 29.9341
Flash Fried Squid
FOR THE HERB GARLIC DIP, combine the egg and egg yolk in the work bowl of a food processor.
Add the lemon juice, mustard, and vinegar and process until combined.
With the motor running, add the oil through the tube, drizzling it very slowly at first.
Once the... - 43.5823
Quick Fried Squid With Crab And Tomato Sauce
1. Cut squid into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces.
2. In a large bowl, mix together crab meat, tomato puree, sugar, soy sauce, chicken stock and dry sherry.
3. In a cup, blend corn flour with 1 tablespoon water to make smooth paste.
4. In a wok... - 50.0781
To clean each squid, hold under running water and pull off and discard the speckled membrane that covers the mantle or hood.
Pull the transparent shell or sword out from inside the hood and discard it.
Pull the body from the hood; strip off and discard the... - 34.1193
Deep Fried Squid
1. To prepare the squid clean it by discarding the head, the transparent backbone as well as the ink bag.
2. Then peel off the thin skin, wash and dry well (often this part will already have been done by the fishmonger).
3. Open up the... - 39.0703
The Greek Cook:calamari (squid)
1) Clean and cut the calamari into rings.
2) Put calamari in a strainer and wash it really well.
3) Put the calamari in a bowl, the baking soda and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
4) Wash the calamari really well to get rid of all... - 98.1187
Squid And Prawn Fritto Misto Di Mare
Remove the ink sacs from the squid and cut the flesh into small pieces.
Place in a pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
Drain and dry on kitchen paper.
Set aside with the prawns and fish.
To make the batter, sift the flour and salt into a bowl,... - 41.4545
Squid In Mustard And Ginger Sauce
Clean and cut the squid.
Bring the stock, wine, and cream to a heavy simmer and allow to reduce by one third.
Add the ginger and the roux.
Cook, stirring, until thickened.
Taste for salt and pepper.
Careful with the pepper.
Little, if any, is needed.
Stir in... - 38.6631
Calamares is the Filipino version of the Mediterranean breaded fried squid dish, Calamari. There are different methods on how to make this dish; the most usual does not involve breadcrumbs. - 89.9395
Rellenong Pusit literally translates to Stuffed Squid: “relleno” is the Spanish word for stuffed. This recipe calls for large squids to be stuffed with cooked ground pork. - 101.389
Fried calamari is one of the most popular fish dishes in Morocco, specially in the North and during summer time. In this video, I will show you how to properly clean and cut the squid and also how to have the tender calamari rings like you have never had... - 0
Rinse and dry the squid.
Dust with flour, then dip in egg.
Heat oil to 350°F 180°C, and fry squid for 3-4 mins, or until golden.
Drain on kitchen paper.
Sprinkle with salt.
Serve hot with lemon slices. - 30.849
Calamari In Padella
Cut squid into bite size pieces, and dredge in flour seasoned with sage and pepper.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the squid for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the wine, lemon juice and butter, then simmer for 5 minutes and season to taste... - 33.0125
Fried Calamari With Hot Sauce
1. In 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, in 1 tablespoon hot salad oil, cook onion until tender. Add tomato sauce, crushed red pepper, and sugar; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes; keep warm.
2. Clean squid as shown in diagrams... - 32.0851
Poulpe A La Grecque
Usually the entire octopus is edible, except for the parrot-like beak.
Beat the octopus by laying it on a rock or board, and hit it with a stick from the head down to the extreme ends of all tentacles to soften that big mussle which is called octopus.
Then... - 36.7713
Calamari Neapolitan Style
COMBINE THE SQUID RINGS and flour in a small bag, hold the top closed, and toss to coat the squid in the flour.
Remove the squid from the bag, shake off the excess flour, and set aside on a plate.
HEAT THE OLIVE OIL in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high... - 39.4027
Calamares A La Romana
Wash cleaned squid; remove tentacles; dry fish thoroughly.
Cut body of squid into rings, dip them in flour, then in egg beaten with a pinch of salt.
Fry rings in very hot oil.
The fish is done as soon as it is browned on all sides.
Frying time should in no... - 30.3293
There is no better way to include all your favorite vegetables in a single dish than to prepare this authentic Japanese Tendon. Watch the chef churn out this delicacy using vegetables and seafood. Surprise your family with this Delicious Tendon today. - 143.38
Stir Fried Calamari
The words squid and squeamish starts with the same 3 letters. That’s a problem. To encounter less trouble with the squeamish and generally frail people of this world, jazz this dish up immediately by calling it Calamari – the Italian name for squid. This... - 129.49
Tempura On Rice
1. Cook plain rice.
2. Clean and cut shrimp, squid (or fish), and bell pepper for deep-frying. When rice is almost ready, begin deep-frying tempura. Mix BATTER just before frying.
3. Combine SAUCE ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat.
4. Divide... - 35.0826
Oven Steamed Seafood With Spanish Rice
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In paper pan place cooking bag and place rice in cooking bag.
3. Mix gently using a spoon sprinkling and stirring contents of both Spanish-rice seasoning packets and the flour evenly over rice.
4. With paper... - 39.545
1. Rinse all fish under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. On a large piece of wax paper or flat plate, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge fish in seasoned flour.
2. In a deep-fat fryer or large saucepan, heat oil to 350° on a deep-fat... - 30.849
In a medium bowl, mix the bread crumbs, herbs, and garlic salt together.
Dredge the squid, scallops, shrimp, mushrooms, eggplant, and zucchini in turn in the flour, then dip them in the egg mixture.
Shake off the excess.
Dip the shellfish and... - 44.005
Bigne Di Pesci Misti
1) Preheat the oven to 250F. Line a large, shallow baking dish with kitchen paper.
2) In a large mixing bowl, stir in warm water, 3 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Blend to get a smooth and creamy mixture. Do not over blend.
3) Allow the... - 44.2164
Lime Battered Seafood
1. To make batter, place flour in a bowl and gradually stir in lime juice and soda water. Mix well to combine, then stir in lime rind. Set aside.
2. To make mayonnaise, place egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard in a food processor or blender and process to... - 34.9531
Fritto Misto Di Mare
Cut the body and tentacles of the calamary into 1/4-inch (1/2-cm) rings.
Bring some salted water to a boil in a saucepan.
Add the calamary and boil for about 25 minutes or until tender.
(Large calamary will take longer to cook.) Drain the calamary.
Roll all... - 34.7583
Combine flour, salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper in medium bowl; stir to mix well.
Combine 1 cup (250 mL) warm water and the olive oil; stir into flour mixture.
Whisk until smooth.
Let batter stand covered, at room temperature, 1 hour.
Meanwhile, clean... - 43.7864
Cut squid into 1cm rings, cut fish into 3cm pieces; shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
Cut onion into 4 wedges; separate wedges into pieces 3 or 4 layers thick, secure with toothpicks.
Just before serving, whisk eggs and the water... - 44.0806
Vegetable & Seafood Tempura
Put the prawns (shrimp) on a board and slit them lengthways, leaving the tails intact.
Remove and discard the shells and open out the flesh so that they stay flat.
Arrange the prawns (shrimp), plaice (flounder) pieces, squid, cod, green pepper, mushrooms,... - 42.1871
Baked Potato Supper
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Place cooking bag in paper pan and add rice to the cooking bag.
3. Sprinkle contents of both Spanish-rice seasoning packets and the flour evenly over rice and stir gently using spoon to mix.
4. With paper... - 42.2032
Fritto Misto Al Pesce
Remove heads of small whole fish, open bodies out and remove backbones. Cut fillets into 5cm long strips. Shell prawns, leaving tails on, and devein. Remove any dark beards from scallops. Wash squid under cold running water, pull off head and empty the body... - 31.425
Mexican Pot Roast
Next time you have visitors calling on you, serve this succulent, juicy pot roast that makes for a classic addition to any supper table. With Chef Keith Snow’s fail proof recipe, you can be assured to hit the mark with this one-pot delight. - 114.284
Exotic Seafood Pancake
When looking to fix quick and simple hors d'oeuvres, seafood pancake could be the ultimate choice. A tasty Korean appetizer, Anna Kim shares with us an easy to make recipe that oozes with flavors. Try making this dish at home next time you wish to entertain... - 87.2722
First prepare the meatballs.
Combine the beef, spring onions (scallions), ginger, flour, soy sauce, eggs and monosodium glutamate to taste in a large bowl.
Using the palm of your hand, gently shape the mixture into small balls, about 2 1/2 cm./lin.
in... - 41.8264
Japanese Style Pizza
Prepare Okonomiyaki Sauce.
In a large bowl, combine cake flour, water, salt and baking powder.
Divide batter among 6 medium-size deep bowls.
Arrange eggs, cabbage and green onions on table for cooking.
Each guest receives a bowl of batter.
Stir 1 egg into... - 41.2693
Korean Food: Seafood And Green Onion Pancake (해물 파전)
1. On a chopping board, chop about 20 green onions into 2-inch lengths. If the white parts of green onions are too thick, then cut them in half. This will yield about 2 cups of chopped green onions. Slice the green hot pepper thinly. Keep aside.
2. In... - 123.347
Seafood Platter With Two Spicy Sauces
Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
Make a well in the center and add egg yolks.
Stir in a little of the surrounding flour.
Combine beer, milk and melted butter.
Gradually add beer mixture to flour, beating until smooth, then strain.
Allow mixture to stand for... - 44.0139
Korean Seafood Pancakes
A great snack for a rainy day! It's great for drinking parties too. Goes amazingly well with Soju or Sake. Invite your friends over for a delicious treat. - 116.476
1. Prepare seafood first.
Shrimp: Shell and devein, but leave tail and shell segment closest to tail intact. Diagonally cut off a portion of tail and force out moisture with edge of knife. Make 4 or 5 deep crosswise cuts in belly and gently... - 43.4024
Fond of seafood? This one is a must try for you. Watch the video to learn this amazing recipe of Takoyaki. These are authentic Japanese octopus dumpling balls which have gained popularity in many parts of the world. It's time for you to get popular among your... - 143.995