- » Floating Island
Floating Island Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Floating Island recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Floating Island recipes.
Strawberry Floating Island
strawberry floating isalnd is a delightful island which is fun to serve and enjoy. Prepared with custard served over a bed of strawberries and topped with meringues, the strawberry floating island dessert is especially popular with kids. A real party pleaser,... - 44.6923
The floating island is a cooked dessert made with milk eggs and sugar. Flavored with a dash of vanilla, the floating island is topped with meringues and chilled. I like to serve the floating islands with a cherry topping on the meringues. - 36.3356
Floating Island Lime Desserts
Prepare Floating Islands.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks; stir in ReaLime and food coloring if desired.
Spoon into four 6-ounce dessert dishes.
Top each with a Floating Island.
Chill 2 hours or until set.
Garnish with... - 37.2299
Floating Island has a lovely taste. Floating Island gets its taste from eggs mixed with milk and cornstarch and topped with nutmeg. Floating Island is inspired by many restaurants across the world. - 39.4332
Floating Islands has a Extraordinary taste.The Eggs and Milk gives the Floating Islands Splendid taste. Must catch it - 29.8348
Floating island Beat the egg whites with sugar until the mixture becomes a compact mousse.
Put this mousse into small (round) containers in the bain-marie and bring to the boil.
Boil for about 5 to 6 minutes until the meringue is cooked.
Remove and leave to... - 41.6346
This Floating Islands is a wonderful fruit dessert made using strawberries and milk and flavored with vanilla essence. Pretty much good to serve after any meal for any occasion, believe me, this Floating Islands is one of the easiest desserts you can whip up... - 39.868
Classic Floating Island
Heat milk; when it reaches boiling point drop onto it by tablespoonfuls the whipped, sweetened, flavored egg whites.
Let simmer 4 minutes.
Lift them out and set aside to cool.
Mix flour, sugar, and salt and blend with beaten egg yolks, pour hot milk slowly... - 32.8202
In a large glass bowl, break up the macaroons and press up around the sides of bowl.
Meanwhile make the boiled custard and prepare "Islands" as follows: - 18.4694
Simple Floating Islands
Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, gradually incorporating the sugar about half way through the process.
Heat the milk in a pan until it simmers.
Use two spoons or an ice-cream scoop to add large scoops of egg white to the milk.
Poach for 3-4... - 29.3937
Yummy Floating Island
Pour custard into 4 custard cups.
Beat egg whites with salt until frothy, gradually beat in, sugar, a little at a time, and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
Using a serving spoon dipped in cold water, float a large spoonful of... - 32.0261
1. Blend the egg white and 30 ml/2 tbls of the water until smooth. Stir in the remaining water and whisk until stiff. Whisk in 50 g/2 oz/1/4 cup of the sugar and continue whisking until the mixture stands in stiff peaks and looks glossy.
2. Heat the milk in a... - 28.6183
Floating Island Meringues
1 Let the egg whites reach the room temperature.
2 Add in cream of tartar and salt.
3 Beat swiftly until soft peaks form.
4 Blend in sugar, adding 1 tablespoon at a time.
5 Add vanilla and beat for another 5 minutes.
6 On steaming hot water... - 39.2835
To make the base: In a medium-size saucepan, heat half-and-half and honey until scalding.
In a medium-size bowl, whisk egg yolks.
Gradually add half-and-half mixture, whisking constantly.
Cook in top of double boiler set over, but not touching, simmering... - 39.472
Floating Island Melba
1. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy-white and double in volume in a large bowl; beat in the 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue stands in firm peaks.
2. Combine milk and the 6 tablespoons sugar in a large skillet; heat very... - 34.7997
Separate the yolks and the whites of 8 eggs.
Beat the whites until stiff; as they start to stiffen add 4 oz. castor sugar little by little.
Scald 2 pints milk with a large piece of vanilla bean.
Away from fire, drop large spoonfuls of egg-white mixture, no... - 36.8901
In a small mixer bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
Gradually beat in 3/4 cup sugar until meringue is stiff but not dry.
In a large skillet over low heat, bring milk to a simmer.
With a large spoon, scoop meringue into 5 egg-shaped puffs.
Gently drop 1 at a... - 41.5339
1. Keep ready a baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, bring milk to scalding point.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, without letting it boil.
4. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg white using a hand... - 41.5896
Tasty Floating Island
1. Add egg whites and a pinch of salt to an electric beater bowl and whisk them until foamy.
2. Gradually add sugar while beating constantly until the meringue is stiff and stand in soft peaks. The meringue will be thick and glossy and will take... - 39.8364
With a wire whisk or a rotary or electric beater, beat the egg whites.
As soon as they are frothy, add 1/2 cup of the sugar.
Then continue to beat until the meringue is stiff enough to stand in unwavering peaks on the beater when it is lifted from the... - 43.0751
Floating Islands Maman Blanc
1. To flavor milk with vanilla, in a saucepan, heat the milk until it reaches scalding point. Scrape vanilla seeds into the milk with the point of a sharp knife and add the split vanilla pods.
2. Whisk to blend and bring milk to a boil.
3.... - 45.4404
Cranberry Floating Island
1 In a small saucepan,combine cranberries with 1/4 cup of sugar and water. Heat to boiling, then cook, stirring several times for 5 minutes, or until thickened. Press through a sieve into a small bowl. (There should be 1/2 cup.) Set aside.
2 Separate... - 43.9661
1) Take an 11 x 17-inch baking sheet and lightly grease it.
2) Preheat oven moderate to 250 degrees.
3) Peel mango and cut in chunks. Keep aside in a small serving bowl.
4) Rinse strawberries under cold running water. Reserve 8 whole berries... - 45.8456
Several hours before serving, make Custard: In top of double boiler, over direct heat, heat milk until bubbles form around edge.
In medium bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar and salt until well blended.
Gradually pour hot milk into egg mixture, beat- ing... - 40.3059
Fluffy Floating Island
Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
Combine 6 tablespoons sugar and egg whites.
Pour milk into double boiler; simmer until heated through.
Drop egg white mixture into hot milk by spoonfuls.
Cook for about 2 minutes or until firm.
Place meringues in large... - 36.3746
Heat the cream in the top of a double boiler over direct heat until bubbles form.
Combine the egg yolks, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and blend well.
Add a small amount of hot cream to the egg mixture and blend well.
Add the remaining hot cream; blend... - 29.9497
Bird Milk Or Floating Island
Heat milk in casserole together with sugar and 1/2 piece vanilla bark broken into small pieces.
Beat egg whites until stiff.
When milk begins to boil, add the whites (by tablespoons) to the slowly boiling milk.
Boil about 1 to 2 minutes, then gently with a... - 32.4969
Floating Islands With Two Sauces
TO PREPARE THE MERINGUES AND CUSTARD SAUCE Pour the milk into a 10-inch skillet and stir in the confectioners' sugar.
Over low heat, bring the milk to a simmer.
In the meantime, combine the egg whites with the cream of tartar in a medium size bowl and beat... - 45.9065
Prepare Soft Custard, substituting 2 egg yolks for 1 of the eggs.
Pour custard into a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes; chill.
Scald milk or heat water to boiling in a large heavy skillet or saucepan.
Beat egg whites, salt, and extract until frothy;... - 31.9084
Floating Island Custard
Place egg yolks, the 1/4 cup sugar and the cornstarch in a medium sized, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl; mix well.
Gradually stir in milk.
Heat, uncovered, on roast for 5 minutes or until mixture just about boils.
DO NOT ALLOW MIXTURE TO BOIL.
Stir mixture... - 44.4509
Saucy Pomegranate Floating Island
Beat egg whites with dash salt till soft peaks form.
Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
In skillet heat milk to simmering.
Drop egg white mixture onto milk in 6 mounds.
Cook slowly, uncovered, till set, about 5 minutes.
Lift from milk... - 39.1747
Classic Floating Island Custard
1. Place egg yolks, the 1/4 cup sugar and the cornstarch in a medium-sized, heat-resistant non-metallic bowl; mix well. Gradually stir in milk.
2. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 (5) minutes or until mixture just about boils. Do not allow-to boil. Stir... - 31.8145
Fruit Floating Island
1. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in medium bowl, until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of the sugar; beat until egg whites are stiff.
2. Fill 12-inch skillet half full with water; add remaining 1... - 24.9011
Berry Floating Island
1 Beat egg whites until foamy and double in volume in a small bowl with electric mixer at high speed. Gradually add first 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until meringue forms firm peaks.
2 Bring milk to a simmer in a large skillet. Pack... - 32.1358
Beat the egg whites until stiff, then lightly fold in the jam or jelly a teaspoonful at a time.
Whip the cream until stiff and spread lightly in the bottom of a glass dish.
Drop tablespoonfuls of the egg mixture on to the cream, making each small pile as... - 21.8947
Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff.
Add 100 g/4 oz of the sugar and beat again until stiff, then fold in another 100 g/4 oz sugar.
Butter and sugar a fairly deep 20 cm/8 inch square baking tin and spread a little of the meringue over the... - 38.3194
Floating Island Punch
Heat sugar and water together until sugar is dissolved.
Combine fruit juice, ginger ale, sparkling water, cherries and orange slices.
Press thawed raspberries through a sieve to remove seeds and add.
Add sugar syrup.
Pour into punch bowl and add ice - 36.2236
Fruity Floating Islands
For meringue, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium speed till soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add the 1/4 cup sugar, beating till stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
In a heavy 10-inch skillet heat the 1 1/4 cups... - 32.9996
Coconut Cream Floating Islands
Combine 1/2 c. sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2-qt. glass casserole.
Gradually stir in milk and food coloring.
Microwave at high setting 4 minutes.
Microwave at high setting 4 minutes more, or until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring... - 46.0787
Floating Islands With Bananas
Heat the milk for the custard in a wide pan.
Beat egg whites until stiff and dry.
Sift in half the superfine sugar and beat again until stiff and glossy.
Fold in remaining sugar.
Scoop up meringue mixture in tablespoons and poach in the hot milk; simmer about... - 40.6437
Floating Angel Island Dessert
Meringue With wire whip or electric mixer, beat egg whites with salt, cream of tartar and vanilla until foamy.
Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
Spread into buttered 9-inch square baking pan.
Sprinkle with nuts.
Set pan into larger pan with... - 43.5022
Raspberry Floating Island
1. Prepare pudding mix with skim milk, pour into a small bowl. Stir in vanilla and lemon or almond extract; cover; chill.
2. Just before serving, combine cream and your favorite no-calorie sweetener, using the equivalent of 1 teaspoon sugar, in a small bowl;... - 29.3428
Blueberry Orange Floating Islands
In a medium skillet heat the water till simmering.
Meanwhile, for meringue, in a large mixer bowl beat egg whites and vanilla to soft peaks (tips curl over).
Gradually add sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
Drop meringue by spoonfuls into simmering water, making... - 45.7691
1. In double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, combine milk, 3/4 cup sugar, egg yolks, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats a spoon, about 15 minutes. Stir in the vanilla.
2. Pour custard into 4 wine goblets or dessert... - 34.9951
Caramel Floating Island
Separate 3 eggs; beat whites till soft peaks form.
Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar, beating till stiff peaks form.
In 10-inch skillet heat milk to 'simmering.
Drop meringue in 8 portions into milk; simmer, uncovered, till firm, about 5 minutes.
Lift from milk... - 40.0252
1. Place egg whites in a bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in half the caster sugar (a) and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. This will take 7-10 minutes.
2. Place milk and vanilla essence in a saucepan and bring to the boil, then... - 31.1969
1) In a deep pan, scald the milk.
2) In a wide bowl, beat the egg yolks. Then, add in sugar, and salt and stir. Pour in the hot milk while stirring.
3) Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and slow cook till it begins to thicken. Stir continually.
4)... - 41.0034
Fruity Floating Islands
For meringue, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium speed till soft peaks form (tips curl).
Gradually add the 1/4 cup sugar, beating till stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
In a heavy 10-inch skillet heat the 1 1/4 cups... - 47.405
Floating Island Pudding
Beat 3 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs slightly.
Add sugar and salt, mix well and add hot milk gradually, stirring constantly.
Cook in top of double boiler until it coats the spoon, stirring constantly.
Pour into large pan.
Beat remaining egg whites... - 38.4807
1. Break the eggs and separate the egg yolks aside for making the custard.
2. Beat the remaining egg whites to make stiff and then slowly beat in some sugar.
3. Use a rolling pin to crush the sugared almonds coarsely.
4. Take a deep cake pan... - 44.0187
Easy Floating Island
Beat the yolks, first 5 tbsp sugar, and salt together.
Beat the whites until they are not quite stiff.
Beat in the second 5 tbsp sugar gradually.
Heat the cream, milk, and vanilla bean together in a flat wide pan to just below boiling point.
Using 2... - 47.1941
1. In a small bowl add egg whites and salt. Beat mixture until foamy.
2. Fold in 1/2 cup sugar gently. Add 1 tablespoon at a time and beat the mixture until sugar dissolves and stiff peaks forms.
3. In a large frying pan add milk and warm.
4. Using 2... - 36.3906
Simple Floating Island
Scald milk with 3 tablespoons of the sugar and the salt in top of double boiler.
Beat egg yolks well, and slowly stir in the hot milk.
Strain if desired, and return to double boiler, cook over one inch of simmering water, stirring constantly until custard... - 32.4206
Floating Islands With Fruit And Custard
Remove and discard the leaves, trim the root end and remove the thin membrane that covers the rhubarb.
Wash the stick and cut in 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) pieces.
Put in a dish with 1 oz (25 g/1 oz) of sugar and 2 (1) tablespoons of water.
Cover and microwave on... - 38.7381
Chocolate Raspberry Islands
1. Take a bowl and add egg whites into it and whip them stiffly. Add sugar in very gradual pace nad continue whipping.
2. Add chocolate and raspberry preserves and place tbsp full of into simmering water and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
3.... - 33.5022
In the top of a double boiler whisk the sugar with the egg yolks until light and pale, place over simmering water.
Slowly whip in the milk and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla.
Use hot or cold, with fruit, ice... - 26.8731
1. In top of double boiler scald milk.
2. In a small bowl beat together the egg yolks, mace, sugar and salt and gradually stir in scalded milk.
3. Return to double boiler taking care to not have the water in the bottom boiler touching the top ' boiler.... - 37.2523
Oeufs A La Neige
Oeufs a la Neige is often known as floating island or eggs in snow. It is an very simple dish but needs little preparation. Practice this dish for few times before you finally make it for your guests. This dish will certainly earn you appreciation. - 46.361
Poached Meringue With Baked Rhubarb
Did you know you can poach a meringue? Well you can - it ends up being a light, white, fluffy treat which is perfect for topping fruit or making things like "floating islands". In this dish, I'll be making poached meringue on top of baked rhubarb - the sweet... - 114.703
This is a French Dessert consisting of soft meringues floating on base of Crème Anglaise. This dish can be served cold or at room temperature. - 45.943