- » Flambe
Flambe is a method of cooking that is derived from the French word that means flamed. In this method of cooking, alcohol is added to the pan in which the food, mostly sauce, stir fries and sautés, and this ... More »
Exotic Banana Flambe
When I first saw a banana flambé in a high end restaurant, I thought this isn't meant for me and then I happened to see this recipe. Pratibha has cooked these exotic banana flambé at her own house with so much ease that it can motivate anyone who knows how... - 126.823
Bananas Flambe Dessert Cocktail - The Aubergine Chef
I was inspired by Bananas Flambe to design this dessert cocktail. My meringue at the end sat out a little too long while I was getting ready to shoot the next scene so it got spongy - sorry about that! Otherwise this is a delicious desserts loaded with booze.... - 112.191
Betty's Brown Sugar Peach Flambe
If you are looking for a perfect summer treat to serve at your outdoor garden bash or summer fest, then this delicious, melt-in-the-mouth dessert could make for a sumptuous addition. Absolutely delicious and amazingly easy to make, this juicy, yummy treat is... - 103.908
Cornish Hens Flambe'
Cornish hens flambe, the brandy flambe and the cherry sauce give an amazing taste to the dish and makes it impressive. Serve the Cornish hens flambe immediately to your family and guests for special dinners or just to make dinners special. - 49.8076
Meringue And Fruit Flambe
Cover a baking sheet with brown paper or foil.
Draw eight 3-inch circles on paper, then set aside.
For meringue shells, in a large mixer bowl beat egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar on medium speed of an electric mixer till soft peaks form (tips... - 48.1658
1. Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and paprika.
2. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, heat the peanut oil.
3. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time and brown them well.
4. Remove chicken pieces to a platter and continue... - 45.9661
Stuffed Crown Pork Flambe
Stuffed crown pork flambe is a pork roast recipe. Stuffed with a herbed stuffing mix of apples and mushrooms, the stuffed crown pork roast is oven cooked and finished with brandy and can be served with the flames as they diminish for a great presentation. - 45.6423
Pork Chops Flambe
1. In a large pan, place the nutmeg, orange juice, cinnamon, ginger, and vinegar and mix well
2. Place the pork chop in the marinade and let it marinate for 15 minutes till completely soaked. Turn the meat once during the process.
3. In another... - 45.273
Beef Bourguignon Flambe
1. Place the meat in a large non-metallic dish.
2. Add the herbs, garlic, chopped carrot and onions and peppercorns.
3. Add the wine and grappa and mix.
4. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight, stirring the meat occasionally if you can.
5.... - 45.1978
Banana Crepes Flambe
1) Take bananas and sprinkle lemon juice over it.
2) Add cinnamon and 1/4 cup coconut. Toss gently.
3) Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the prepared banana mixture into center of each crepe. Roll up nicely, leaving the ends open. Set aside.
4) Take a... - 44.8056
Cornish Hens Flambe
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) In a skillet, add onions to sauté in butter.
3) Add mushrooms and ham to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms become tender.
4) In a bowl, combine mushroom mixture, rice, 2 to 4 tablespoons brandy, marjoram... - 44.5949
Escalopes De Veau Flambe Flamed Veal Escalopes
1) Put the escalopes between 2 sheets greaseproof paper.
2) Flatten the meat thinly by beating with a rolling pin or mallet.
3) In a non-stick pan, melt the butter with the oil and saute the meat for 5-7 minutes until the meat is tender,... - 44.1583
Lobster Tail And Shrimp Flambe
1) Trim the loose flaps from the lobster tails. Cut them crosswise into three. Slice through the centre of the front and back of the tail without breaking the shell.
2) In a large saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium flame.... - 43.617
Flambe Of Kidneys Supreme
1) Discard the white tubes and skin from the veal kidneys and slice the kidneys.
2) In a skillet, saute the onion in butter until they are soft and transparent.
3) Then stir in the sliced veal kidneys and mushrooms.
4) Turn the kidneys... - 43.4691
Apples And Sweet Potatoes Flambe
Apples and Sweet Potatoes Flambe tastes just amazing. All the flambe dishes carry a special taste to themselves. If you have never tried any of the flamed dishes, then you may want to start with a dessert like this one. But be careful while flaming. - 42.8141
Banana Fan Flambe
1) Put rum in a cup and place it on a stand in a pan or bowl of hot water. Warm it gently.
2) In another cup, mix together orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3) In a large heavy bottomed skillet, melt butter.
4) Apply a coat of egg... - 41.4501
Gaelic Steak Flambe
Melt the butter in a large frying pan with the oil.
Add the onion and fry gently for about 5 minutes, until the onion just begins to colour.
Rub the steaks well with freshly ground black pepper and place in the pan.
Fry quickly for about 2 minutes on each... - 41.429
Golden Raisin Flambe
1) Put the raisins in a saucepan and cover with water.
2) Bring the contents to a boil and then gently simmer for about 5 minutes.
3) Drain the raisins.
4) To the raisins, add ¼ cup of brandy, lemon peel, lemon juice and brown sugar. Mix well.
5)... - 41.2535
Rum Flambe Jamaican Omelette
1. Into a basin add egg-yolks, 15 g / 1/2 oz of the sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon rind and whisk lightly.
2. In another bowl whisk egg-whites and salt.
3. For making the filling warm jam mash banana and mix with jam.
4. Put in rest of lemon... - 41.048
Steak Diane Flambe
Steak diane flambe is a rib eye steak recipe prepared with a brandy flambe. Cooked with mushrooms and green onions, the steak diane flambe is spiced with mustard and has worcestershire sauce for flavor. - 40.9015
1) Combine sugar and cornstarch in a casserole (1 1/2-quart size).
2) Add jam and water and mix well.
3) Heat the contents for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes in the microwave, till the contents turn bubbly and start to thicken (stir the contents a couple of... - 40.8275
Apples Flambe is a tasty dessert that s both tasty and visually appealing. This fruit dish is addictive. Try this Apples Flambe recipe for yourself! - 40.4379
Place bananas, brown sugar, Grand Marnier and lemon juice.
Marinate 15 minutes.
Heat butter and sugar, cook until caramelized.
When golden brown pour in orange juice; mix well.
Cook 2 or 3 minutes.
Add banana mix to orange mix; add... - 40.3352
Spiced Apple Flambe
Place apple slices in a 1-quart casserole.
Brush apples with lemon juice.
In a 1-cup measure stir together brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and ground cloves.
Stir in the orange juice.
Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power (HIGH) for 1 to 2... - 39.9912
Apples And Sweet Potatoes Flambe
1) Take a bowl of boiling salted water and cook the unpeeled sweet potatoes in it for half an hour just prior to chafing.
2) Peel and cut into ½ inch sized slices.
3) Remove the cores from apples and slice them into ½ inch sized pieces without paring... - 39.7296
Shrimp And Mushrooms Flambe
1) Clean and mushrooms and slice thinly.
2) In a small skillet melt butter and cook the mushroom in it for 2-3 minutes.
3) Mix shrimp and cook for moderate heat stirring constantly.
4) Season with nutmeg and few twists of freshly ground... - 39.6692
In microproof pie plate melt butter on HIGH 30 seconds.
Stir in sugar, nutmeg and orange rind.
Cook on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes to allow mixture to bubble but not caramelize.
Cover with plastic wrap and cook 2 minutes.
Stir to coat bananas with sugar... - 39.4495
Banana Raspberry Flambe
In blender container place raspberries and granulated sugar; cover and blend till smooth.
Sieve to remove seeds; set aside.
In 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish micro-melt the butter 30 to 40 seconds.
Stir in brown sugar till dissolved; stir in raspberry... - 39.0207
Scald the milk and cool to lukewarm.
Add sugar and yeast then let stand until dissolved.
Meanwhile, beat the butter, sugar, eggs and flavorings together.
Beat in about 1 cup of the flour, then add the yeast mixture and stir in remaining flour to form a stiff... - 38.6872
Baked Fruit Flambe
Preheat oven to 400F.
In small saucepan, com- bine marmalade, lemon peel, and lemon juice; mix well.
Bring just to simmering over low heat.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; mix well.
Dry fruit (except the banana... - 38.6578
Cook rock lobster tails according to package directions.
Keep hot; cook onion and garlic in butter in saucepan until tender.
Blend in flour and seasonings; add consomme, apple juice, lemon juice, and bitters.
Cook, stirring, until thickened.
Add chopped... - 38.5959
In a skillet, melt margarine.
Add brown sugar, pineapple juice, cinnamon and bananas.
Cook over medium heat until bananas begin to soften, basting often.
In a saucepan, warm rum.
Pour over bananas and ignite.
When the flames are out, stir and serve over ice... - 38.4933
Garden Salad Flambe
Cook the pattypan and crookneck squashes, green beans, and peapods in boiling salted water till tender; drain, cover, and chill.
Line a serving platter with greens.
Top with vegetables, Tomato Ice Cups, and bacon curls.
Prepare Creamy Dijon Dressing; pour... - 38.4256
Romertopf Bananas Flambe
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Cut the bananas lengthways in half.
3) Lay the banana halves in the bottom of the soaked Romertopf.
4) Cut the butter into tiny pieces and cover the bananas with these as well as the... - 38.3271
Orange Crepes Flambe
Orange Crepes Flambe is an easy to prepare recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention. Try this amazingly delicious Orange Crepes Flambe dish, you will surely love to talk about with us. - 38.302
Roast Turkey Flambe With Oyster-and-pecan Dressing
Remove giblets and neck from turkey; wash; set aside.
Wash turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels.
Remove and discard excess fat.
Make Sausage-Oyster-and-Pecan Dressing.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Spoon some of dressing into neck cavity of turkey.
Bring... - 38.261
Flambe Prawns With Snow Peas
The flambe prawns with snow peas is a savory and spicy side that is cooked in the microwave. Prepared with green prawns and snow peas, the flambe prawns are flavored with chili sauce, cognac and cooked with capsicum and chives. Adapted from Sharp Microwave... - 38.0316
Charcoai Baked Bananas Flambe
Grill unpeeled bananas, on covered grill, over medium-hot briquets about 8 minutes or until just barely tender and darkened in color.
Remove from grill.
In 10-inch oven-proof skillet, combine butter, brown sugar and desired spice.
Heat directly over... - 37.9237
1) In a frying pan heat butter and add sugar.
2) Place peeled bananas and sliced bananas.
3) Gently fry for 3-5 minutes till soft.
4) Take out pan from heat and place on hot serving dish.
5) Add apricot jam into the butter and sugar and mix.
6) In a... - 37.8582
Julep Lamb Chops Flambe
Preheat broiler or grill.
Lightly spray broiler pan or grill top with vegetable oil.
Press dried mint into surface of chops.
Place on prepared broiler pan or grill.
Cook about 4 inches from heat for 12 to 16 minutes, depending on thickness of... - 37.6169
Scoop ice cream into balls; arrange balls in baking pan, 9x9x2 inches, and place in freezer.
Just before serving, melt butter and sugar with cinnamon in chafing dish or saucepan.
Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 3... - 37.3717
Julep Lamb Chops, Flambe
1. Cut all excess fat from the lamb chops and press the dried mint into the surface of the chops.
2. Place in a broiler or over charcoal broil about 4 inches from the heat for 12 to 16 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chops.
3. In a skillet... - 37.144
Fried Creme Flambe
In the top of a double boiler, scald cream with salt, vanilla bean, and sugar.
Beat egg yolks.
Moisten cornstarch in milk, and add to the egg yolks.
Add to the cream, put over hot water, and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
Remove vanilla... - 36.7519
Berry Nectarine Flambe
Mash 1/2 cup of the berries; halve remaining berries.
In blazer pan of chafing dish combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in mashed berries, juice concentrate, water, and food coloring, if desired.
Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and... - 36.6485
Banana Peach Flambe
Brush banana and peach slices with the lemon juice, In saucepan stir together the brown sugar and cornstarch.
Stir in the orange juice.
Cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Gently stir in the banana and peach slices.
Cook and stir gently 1 to 2... - 36.4965
Lemon Souffle Omelette Flambe
The lemon souffle omlette flambe is prepared with eggs and lemon along with butter. The lemon souffle omlette is browned and served with ignited brandy poured on top. An exotic recpe, the lemon souffle omelette flambe may be served as a part of main course... - 36.4188
Bananas Flambe With Brown Sugar
This Bananas Flambe is one of the best fruit flambe you can ever try. Made great with orange and lemong flavor and topped with a few oz of liqueur, this Bananas Flambe makes a simply great topping for your favorite desserts! If you really wish to feel the... - 36.3858
Omelette Souffle Flambe
Butter the au gratin dish and sprinkle with sugar.
Beat the egg yolks with 1/2 cup sugar until very thick.
Add the brandy slowly and continue beating for two or three minutes.
Beat the egg whites in a copper bowl with the salt.
If you do not have a copper... - 35.9633
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Over the peeled whole bananas sprinkle lemon juice and sugar, place on a lightly oiled pie plate and bake for 20 minutes such that slightly brown.
3. Place a sugar cube soaked in lemon extract on... - 35.3336
Cut the peppers in half and remove the stalk and the seeds; slice the mushrooms; peel and chop the tomatoes.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the steaks on a medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
In a separate pan, heat the butter and fry the tomatoes with 1/2... - 35.3146
Heat the oven to 220C/fan 190C/gas 7.
Make the pizza base following the pack instructions.
Roll out to a rough, thin rectangle and put on an oiled baking sheet.
Spread a thin layer of creme fraiche over the surface, leaving a small border.
Scatter over the... - 35.2469
Brandied Banana Flambe
Place butter in an 8-inch round glass cake dish.
Microwave 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds or until melted.
Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon.
Add bananas and gently toss to coat evenly.
Microwave 3 to 4 minutes.
Place brandy in a 1 cup glass measuring... - 35.1241
1. Cut chicken into quarters and in a flambee pan in 2 oz butter brown it all over.
2. Lowering the heat cook gently for 30 minutes such that tender.
3. Pour over the calvados and ignite.
4. Let the flames subside, remove chicken, add cream and egg... - 35.1051
Set apricots with the 1/2 cup water over low heat; cover, and cook slowly about 25 minutes, or until tender.
Puree through a sieve and set aside.
Combine the 2 cups water and sugar in a large saucepan.
Bring to boiling and boil about 5 minutes, stirring until... - 34.8587
Baked Bananas Flambe
Cut bananas in half lengthwise, then crosswise dip in lime juice.
Place in baking pan; combine remaining lime juice, sugar, sherry, spices, orange peel, and butter.
Pour over bananas; bake at 350Â° for 15 to 20 minutes.
Pour brandy over bananas.
Ignite... - 34.7903
Combine jam, sugar and water in medium saucepan or chafing dish; simmer over low heat about 5 minutes or until syrupy.
Add peaches and continue cooking over low heat about 3 minutes or until almost tender.
If using canned peaches, cook only long enough to... - 34.7264
Banana Crepes Flambe
Sprinkle lemon juice over bananas.
Add 1/4 cup coconut and cinnamon; toss gently.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons banana mixture into center of each crepe; roll up, leaving ends open.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat until golden brown;... - 34.7082
Spiced Peaches Flambe
1. Drain juice from peaches into a saucepan. Add cinnamon and cloves. Bring to the boiling point.
2. Blend cornstarch with water and add to juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until juice is clear and transparent.
3. Add peaches and heat only until they are... - 34.6737
You'll simply love the Pears Flambe from the French cusine. An easy to make dessert, the Pears Flambe is one of the best recipes that you can mouth! Please let us know if you agree with us. - 34.4348
Beat the eggs, a pinch of salt and half the sugar together with a fork.
Melt the butter in an omelet pan.
Pour in the egg mixture and cook as for a French omelet.
Fold and slide onto an ovenproof dish.
Sprinkle the rest of the sugar on top of the omelet.
Heat... - 33.8913
Breast Of Chicken Flambe
Thaw the chicken breasts if frozen.
Place the chicken between 2 sheets of damp wax paper and pound the meat flat.
Divide the butter and ham into 4 equal portions and season with the garlic salt and pepper.
Place a portion on each chicken slice.
Roll up and... - 33.6714
1. In a fondue pot stir cheese into 1/2 pint of the wine over a low heat such that the cheese is melted and fondue begins to bubble.
2. Quickly add kirsch and alight.
3. Serve with the flame still burning.
4. Cut French bread into long fingers... - 33.4635
Shrimp Newburg Flambe
Melt butter in a skillet and saute on ion until browned.
Add shrimps and cook for 2 minutes.
Add brandy, and flambe.
Cook for approximately 7 minutes.
Meanwhile blend cream and egg yolk, parsley and cayenne.
Let shrimps cool, then add the cream mixture. - 33.3336
Combine first 4 ingredients in large plastic bag.
Add shrimp in batches and coat well, shaking off excess.
Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and saute until golden, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Blend in chilies.
Warm sherry in small... - 32.2433
Peach Sauce Flambe
Peach Sauce Flambe is an amazingly delicious dessert recipe. Serve this Peach Sauce Flambe dish; I am sure you will always be tempted to prepare this for every party! - 32.1846
Broiled Chicken Flambe
Place chicken quarters in broiler and baste with mixture of butter and seasonings.
Broil, basting several times, about 40 minutes or until done.
Remove to large, deep heated platter.
Dust parsley or celery leaves with paprika and arrange around chicken.
Warm... - 32.1628
Raspberry Sauce Flambe
Combine raspberries and sugar; stir gently.
Let stand 1 hour.
Drain raspberries, reserving juice.
Press raspberries through a sieve or food mill, discarding seeds; set raspberry pulp aside.
Combine raspberry juice and cornstarch in a heavy saucepan; stir... - 31.7842
Sea Bass With Herbs Flambe
Preheat the broiler to moderate.
Make two or three slits on either side of the fish.
Brush the fish all over with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
Put sprigs of herbs into the incisions and into the gut cavity.
Broil the fish for about 20 minutes,... - 31.0663
Combine apricots in medium bowl with enough water to cover and let soak 8 hours or overnight.
Drain apricots well.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Stir in apricots and sugar.
Mix in lemon juice and salt and cook 5 to 10 minutes.
Add creme... - 30.8459
This Strawberries Flambe is si deliciously made with orange and brandy flavor! When spooned over your favorite ce creams or cakes, this spoon over ice cream or cake. Can just taste heavanly! Give this very easy dessert topping a try. - 30.8336
Cherry Crepes Flambe
Heat oven to 350°.
Blend sour cream and sugar.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of the sour cream mixture on each crepe; roll up.
Place crepes seam sides down on ovenproof platter or in baking dish, 11 3/4 X 7 1/2 X 1 3/4 inches.
Heat 5 minutes.
Heat pie... - 30.4237
In a 10-inch skillet or blazer pan of chafing dish melt butter or margarine; stir in sugar, nuts, and cinnamon.
Add orange juice; cook and stir till bubbly.
Add fruit; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often, just till fruit is heated through.
Sprinkle with 2... - 30.1659
Peach -nut Flambe
Melt butter in chafing dish.
Drain peaches and pour juice into pan with butter.
Simmer about 5 minutes.
Stir in peaches and pecans.
Sprinkle with orange peel and sugar.
Warm brandy in a small pan and add.Ignite with a long match.
Spoon sauce over crepes. - 29.9309
Roast Chicken Flambe
Rub chicken inside and out with salt, and place butter and celery in the cavity.
Set chicken on a rack in a baking pan and brown in a hot oven (425°) for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven, pour over warm brandy, and ignite, basting chicken until the flame... - 29.7879
Rosy Fruit Flambe
Melt butter in blazer pan over moderate heat.
Add jelly, lemon rind and syrup from pineapple.
Stir to blend ingredients.
Place over boiling water in water pan and add fruit.
Cook and stir until fruit is thoroughly hot.
Then add warm wild-cherry brandy.
Stir... - 29.7266
Banana Flambe On A Crepe
This is an amazing and easy recipe which I learned from this cute cooking girl when I was in Cuba. If I ever go there again, I'll give her a present. (...something they won't be able to confiscate!) - 29.5904
Baked Fruit Flambe
Trim off both ends of the pineapple, then cut it into 1 cm (J inch) slices. Remove the skin with a sharp knife and the centre core with an apple corer. Cut the rings into 6 to 8 segments each.
Heat the honey, cinnamon, butter and water until well mixed.... - 29.2608
Orange Flambe Pancakes
1) Make pancake batter and then pour it in a 9-inch pan into a hot pan. Make pancakes. 2) Pour over orange juice, dredge with icing sugar and sprinkle with rum.
3) Stand well back and set alight.
4) Serve Orange Flambe... - 29.2017
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Lightly spray a pie pan with vegetable oil.
Sprinkle lemon juice and sugar over the peeled whole bananas.
Place them on prepared pie plate.
Bake 20 minutes, or until slightly brown.
Meanwhile, place sugar cubes in a small bowl and... - 28.9554
Melt butter in a chafing dish or flameproof casserole (burner-to-table type) over moderately low heat, mix in sugar and lemon juice and heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Add bananas and simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes, turning gently with a slotted... - 28.8188
Brandied Apricots Flambe
Drain apricots, reserving 1/2 cup syrup.
Remove pits from apricots.
Pour 2 tablespoons brandy over apricots; re- frigerate, covered, 1 hour.
In medium saucepan, combine reserved syrup, preserves, and lemon juice; heat to boiling.
Add apricots; turn into... - 28.7066
Bananas Au Rum Flambe
Place bananas in melted butter in top of chafing dish, directly over flame.
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Saute until lightly browned on both sides.
When soft but not mushy, add heated rum and ignite. - 28.4712
Melt butter and sugar with cinnamon in chafing dish or attractive skillet.
Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Cut bananas diagonally into 1/2 inch slices; add to syrup and heat through, carefully turning... - 28.2397
Bananas Flambe Supreme
Place bananas in 10 x 6 x 1 1/2-inch baking dish.
Pour strawberries over.
Combine rum and 1 tablespoon brandy; drizzle evenly over berries; bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons brandy; ignite and pour over fruit mixture. - 28.1123
Coffee Crepes Flambe
Fold crepes in quarters.
In chafing dish combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and cream.
Heat to simmer, stirring continuously.
Add folded crepes and coat with sauce.
With a long match, ignite liqueur.
Pour into chafing dish while flaming and spoon over... - 27.4107
Brandy Peaches Flambe
1. Rinse peaches, peel, cut into halves and pit. Cut peaches into large pieces and put into a 1-quart glass casserole. Pour lemon juice over peaches. Cover with an all-glass lid or plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 2 to 3 minutes at HIGH, or until slightly... - 27.2809
Macedoine Of Fruit Flambe
Heat the butter in a large heavy skillet and lightly saute the fruit, just until it is all well heated.
Mix in the apricot puree and heat 1 minute longer.
Pour the warm rum over and blaze.
Serve over slices of pound cake. - 27.194
Add lemon and orange rind to sugar and juice.
Cook slowly in saucepan 5 minutes, pressing rind with spoon to extract all the flavour possible.
Remove lemon rind, add strawberries, which have been carefully washed and dried.
Spoon syrup gently over... - 26.81
Simmer jam, sugar and water in chafing dish or attractive skillet over low heat until mixture is syrupy, about 5 minutes.
Peel and slice peaches; add to syrup and cook over low heat until almost tender, about 3 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice.
Heat brandy just... - 26.7922
This an amazing Bananas Flambe recipe. This delicious recipe is sure to win you some fans. Try the Bananas Flambe if you were looking for a filling and delicious dish. - 26.2827
Melt butter in medium skillet.
Mix brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle some over bananas.
Put bananas in butter on moderate to low heat; cook until lightly browned.
Turn once; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
Spoon rum over bananas. - 25.9748
Drain berries, reserving syrup.
In wok stir reserved syrup into cornstarch; stir in lemon juice.
Bring to boiling; cook and stir 2 minutes.
Stir in berries and almonds; heat 1 minute longer.
Heat liqueur in a small saucepan or large ladle till just warm;... - 25.6946
Pineapple-orange Sauce Flambe
Combine marmalade, sugar, syrup, and pineapple in a saucepan, cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
Heat Cointreau in a small long-handled pan just until warm, remove from heat.
Ignite fumes with a long match, and pour over... - 25.2155
In a 10 inch skillet stir together orange peel, orange juice, cornstarch, and ginger.
Stir in undrained pineapple.
Cook and stir till slightly thickened and bubbly.
In a small saucepan heat rum over low heat just till warm.
Carefully ignite rum and pour over... - 24.7537
Baked Bananas Flambe
Preheat oven to 450° F.
In a small baking or gratin dish, melt butter in oven.
Remove dish from oven; roll bananas in melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
Return bananas to oven and bake 10 minutes or until tender.
Remove from oven and pour warmed rum over... - 23.8098
In a saucepan, place brandied peaches, and add Grand Marnier and Cointreau.
Heat brandy; add to peaches, and flame.
Pour peaches and sauce over ice cream, served in little bowls that are set in slightly larger bowls of chopped ice.
This is most effective when... - 23.2006
Veal Kidneys Flambe
1. Melt the butter in a skillet, add the shallots and saute until tender but not browned. Add the kidneys and mushrooms and cook over moderate heat until lightly browned.
2. Warm the cognac and sprinkle over the kidney mixture. Ignite it and, when the flame... - 23.0897
Heat butter in blazer pan over moderate heat and saute bananas (whole or cut in half) until lightly browned.Add lemon juice and sugar, then heat.
Add warm rum and ignite. - 22.1334
Just before serving:
1. In skillet or chafing dish, over direct heat, melt currant jelly, stirring gently.
2. Quickly drain cherries; add cherries to jelly; heat slowly until simmering, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour brandy into center of cherries; heat... - 21.0707
Flambe Recipes By Category