- » Flaky Pastry
Flaky Pastry Recipes
Flaky Pastries are an appetizingly inviting and visually pleasing sweet pastry variety often served as a breakfast food. The way the flaky pastries are made is quite interesting â€“ to create the layers, the pastry ... More »
Are you looking for a fancy appetizer dish that looks impressive, tastes really good but is simple to make? Then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to bake the perfect vol au vent, a classic French appetizer that can also be served as a... - 86.319
Divide the butter into four portions and use one portion to rub into the flour sifted with a pinch of salt.
Mix with the water and lemon juice to give a soft but not sticky dough.
Knead lightly until it is smooth and slightly elastic.
Roll out on a lightly... - 40.4147
Golden Flaky Pastry
In a small bowl, beat egg yolk with a fork.
Stir in sugar, salt, lime juice and iced water.
Add food coloring, if desired.
Chill mixture in freezer 5 minutes.
In a medium-size bowl, rub lard into flour with hands until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
Cut... - 39.8504
1) Blend the shortening and butter.
2) Sift the flours and salt together.
3) Cut in the shortening mix into the flour mix.
4) Add ice water till the mix can be formed into a ball.
5) Divide the dough into 4 portions and wrap in wax paper.
6) Chill for... - 37.2698
Flaky Pastry With Vanaspati
1. In a large pan, combine the butter and the margarine with shortening till well mixed and then divide into four halves.
2. Sift the flour with salt into a cool bowl and rub in one portion of the fat. Add water with lime juice a little at a time to... - 36.7337
1) Into a basin, sift together the flour and salt. Keep aside.
2) On a plate, mix the fats together with a knife till they have softened and blended properly. Evenly spread all over the plate into 4 equal portions.
3) Rub one portion of the fat into... - 36.415
Flaky Pastry For Pate
Sift flour and salt into bowl;rub in soft short-ening until texture is very fine.
Cut hard short-ening into 1-inch cubes, and cut into flour with pastry blender to distribute evenly throughout.
Combine egg yolk, water and lemon juice, and sprinkle over... - 36.3633
1 Into a bowl, chop frozen fats .
2 Add sifted flour and salt.
3 Mix together and combine with water and lemon juice.
4 Put onto a floured board and roll out into a rectangular shape.
5 Fold up the bottom third of the rectangle and fold the... - 34.8187
Flaky Pastry has a fine taste. Flaky Pastry gets its taste from flour mixed with butter square. Flaky Pastry is inspired by many chefs worldwide. - 34.4214
1. Into a large basin, sift the flour and salt together.
2. Blend the vegetable fat and margarine together then divide into 4 equal portions.
3. To the flour add 1 part of fat and using your fingertips or 2 palette knives, rub in or cut... - 34.3549
Easy Flaky Pastry
Sieve flour with salt.
Divide fat into 3 portions.
Rub 1 portion into flour in usual way and mix to rolling consistency with cold water.
Roll out to oblong shape.
Take second portion of fat, divide it into small pieces and lay them on surface of two-thirds of... - 34.1319
Basic Flaky Pastry
1) In a bowl, add flour and salt to combine.
2) Add shortening to cut in with pastry blender to make the mixture like coarse meal.
3) Evenly sprinkle cold water with a tablespoon for several times and keep on stirring with a fork until the ingredients... - 33.6528
Cut butter and shortening into small pieces.
In a large bowl, sift together flour and salt.
Add butter and shortening.
Rub together lightly with fingers.
All at once pour in water and vinegar.
Mix and form into a ball.
On a floured pastry board, knead pastry... - 33.1304
1 Preheat the oven to 475°Fahrenheit (240°c / Gas Mark 9)
2 In a bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder.
3 In another bowl, work the fats together and divide into four.
4 Gently rub one quarter of the softened fat into the... - 33.0528
1. Add salt to flour and mix well.
2. Using 2 knives or a pastry blender, break in the shortening till the mixture has a coarse cornmeal texture. Keep aside ¼ cup from the mixture.
3. Blend thoroughly with milk and add to flour shortening mixture to... - 32.794
Sift flour and salt together into a mixing bowl.
Divide shortening into four equal portions.
Rub one portion into the flourwith the fingertips.
Using a round bladed knife, mix with lemon juice and cold water to a pliable soft dough.
Rollout dough to an... - 32.7662
If you wish to cook up a great meal, this Flaky Pastry has to be a part of it! A truly awesome combination anyone would love to savor. Also, this Flaky Pastry can be cooked in no time; a good reason to try it out! - 32.2494
Flaky Pastry With Butter
1)Prepare 4 parts of fat evenly.
2) In a bowl sieve flour and salt, rubbing one portion of fat into it.
3) Make a smooth dough by adding water and lemon juice.
4) Sprinkle the batter with little flour and keep it aside for 30 minutes,... - 31.7773
Flaky Pastry With All Purpose Flour
1) Preheat the oven to 450F.
2) In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, blend while adding the shortening. Mix to get a coarse consistency.
3) Into the pastry mixture add in ice water, a tablespoon at a... - 31.732
1) In a large bowl, blend the flour and salt.; cut in 1/4 fat into the flour; add the lemon juice and cold water to make a soft dough.
2) On a floured board knead the dough to smoothen and roll out a recangular shape.
3) With 1/4 ... - 31.5818
In a bowl, stir together flour and salt.
With a pastry blender or two table knives, cut shortening into flour until particles are about the size of small peas.
Pour water into a cup.
While stirring lightly and quickly with a fork, sprinkle water over mixture,... - 30.7638
Basic Flaky Pastry
Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
Mix the fats together on a plate with a knife and shape into a square block.
Rub one-quarter of the fat into the flour and mix to a firm dough with cold water.
Knead the dough lightly until smooth, then roll out to... - 30.4011
For Flaky Pastry
1 In a bowl, sieve the flour and salt together.
2 In another bowl, cream the fats until they are even in texture.
3 Shape the mixture into a block.
4 Allow to cool.
5 Pour the water and lemon juice in to the flour.
6 Using a round-ended... - 30.158
1. Combine the lard and margarine. Cream the fat until it is a soft and well blended.
Divide into four equal portions and set aside.
2. Into a mixing bowl, sieve flour and salt.
3. Add one quarter of fat to the flour and rub in using... - 30.0848
Combine flour and salt in a bowl.
Add shortening and cut in with pastry blender until crumbly in texture.
Sprinkle water on mixture and stir with a fork to form a ball.
Divide pastry in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap.
Chill several minutes before... - 29.7835
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in 40g/1 1/2oz/3 tbsp of the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Pour over 120ml/ 4fl oz/1/2 cup of the water and, using a round-bladed knife, mix to a soft dough, adding more water if... - 28.5295
Flaky Pastry I
Place flour in salt in a shallow mixing bowl and cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Sprinkle water over surface, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix in lightly and quickly with a fork, just until pastry holds... - 28.111
Easy Flaky Pastry
1. Sift flour and salt into a medium-size bowl; cut in shortening with a fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
2. Sprinkle water over mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time; mix lightly with a fork just until pastry holds together and leaves sides of bowl... - 26.4365
Flaky Pastry With Shortening
Combine flour and salt.
Cut in about 1/2 cup of the shortening, using a pastry blender or 2 knives, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add remaining shortening in several pieces and cut in until mixture is the size of large peas.
Sprinkle with water, a... - 25.5574
Simple Flaky Pastry
1. Sift flour and salt in a medium-size bowl; cut in shortening with a fork or pastry blender, until mixture is crumbly.
2. Sprinkle water over mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time; mix lightly with a fork just until pastry holds together and leaves sides of bowl... - 21.2535
Flaky Pastry Recipes By Category