- » Fish Stock
Fish Stock Recipes
Fish stock is a nutritious liquid in which fish head and bones have been simmered along with other spices, herbs and vegetables. The liquid is generally thin, although, thicker versions are also available, which are ... More »
1. Preheat a pot over medium – high heat.
2. Pour in grape seed oil, add in all the vegetables. Sauté for few minutes.
3. Add in shrimp shells, stir for few minutes.
4. Pour in cream sherry, vegetable broth and clam juice.
5. Sprinkle the salt.... - 92.7967
1. Trim away any unwanted parts, e.g. head, tail fins and scales and wash the remaining bones well.
2. To make a bouquet garni in a square of muslin, place parsley stalks, peppercorns, bay leaf and garlic clove, gather up the muslin and tie into... - 70.7331
Fish Stock is used to prepare various soups and curries. Fish Stock tastes great and is very easy to make. Here's an easy recipe of Fish stock for you to try at home. - 44.8634
Classic Fish Stock
1. Rinse the fish trimmings several times in water to clean well.
2. In a large heavy pot, place fish trimmings and all the remaining ingredients.
3. Bring it to a boil.
4. Simmer uncovered over low flame for 25 minutes.
5. Spoon out... - 42.4995
Fish Stock With Onion
1. In a large saucepan, tip in the butter
2. Heat the butter till it is gently heated through
3. Add the onions, the well-washed fish bones and all the rest of the ingredients
4. Cover with greaseproof paper
5. Cover the pan
6. Sweat the vegetables on... - 41.7982
1.In a large enameled or steel lined pan, put in all ingredients but the peppercorns.
2.Bring to boil .
3.Then, reduce heat and let simmer uncovered.
4.Remove scum from surface as it appears.
5.Now, add in the peppercorns.
6. Continue to simmer for 2... - 41.3958
Rinse fish parts; remove gills, if necessary.
Crack large bones.
Place trimmings and bones in a large kettle.
Add water and wine.
Bring to a boil.
Boil gently 5 minutes, skimming foam from surface until surface is clear.
Reduce to a simmer.
Add onion, leek or... - 41.1995
Basic Fish Stock Using Dry White Wine
If necessary, remove gills, break large bones, and cut fish to fit into a 5-quart Dutch oven.
Add water, carrots, celery, onions, wine, lemon juice, parsley, salt, peppers, and bay leaves.
Bring to boiling, and then reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, about 15... - 41.1681
Simmered Fish Stock
1. Wash the fish bones and heads.
2. Chop into small pieces and wash again
3. Place all ingredients in a large stock pot, and add 1 1/2 liters of cold water and bring to boil.
4. Lower heat and skim the pan regularly. Simmer for 30... - 41.1453
Fish And Vegetable Stock
Fish Stock has a Awesome taste.The Bay leaves and Carrots gives the Fish Stock one of its kind taste. - 40.8569
1. In a saucepan, add all the ingredients.
2. Cover the lid and bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Once boiled, lower the flame and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
4. Strain, cool, and store the stock in refrigerator.
5. Use it to make soup that... - 39.5738
Pressure Cooked Fish Stock
1) In the cooker, place together fish bones and trimming, onion and celery.
2) Stir in the water not more than half of the cooker.
3) Heat the bone mixture to the boil and skim thoroughly.
5) Season with the salt, peppercorns and mace.
6) Put the lid... - 39.3864
Melt butter in a stockpot.
Add onion, celery and carrot; saute1 until onion is tender.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Skim foam and reduce heat.
Simmer for 1 hour.
Strain before using.
Can be frozen.
Makes approxi- mately 3 quarts. - 39.2876
1. In a large Dutch oven heat the olive oil over low heat and sautÃ© gently carrot, celery, onion, parsley, thyme and peppercorns in the oil, stirring them often, until they are soft, approximately 10 minutes.
2. Raising the heat slightly, the wine... - 39.0897
Rinse fish under cold water.
Place fish, onion, salt, wine, and bouquet garni in a 3 quart saucepan.
Pour in water to cover (about 1 1/2 quarts).
Simmer covered 2 hours.
Strain stock through a double thickness of cheesecloth into a storage... - 38.9138
Place fish, carrots, celery, leek, parsley, thyme, bay leaves, and peppercorns in a 6- to 8-qt stockpot.
Add cold water to cover contents of stockpot by 1 inch; Simmer stock over medium heat 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Skim off and discard impurities that rise to... - 38.731
1.Rinse the head of cod well or clean the fish trimmings.
2.In a pan, put the fish and fill the pan with enough water to cover the fish.
3.Add salt and heat the pan until the water starts to boil.
4.Stir in peppercorns, mace,... - 38.5343
Rinse fish; cut out gills and discard.
Combine fish skeletons and heads, onions and celery in stockpot or Dutch oven.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, skimming foam that rises... - 38.3954
Place fish trimmings in a large soup or stock pot.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Over high heat bring stock almost to a boil, skimming any foam.
Lower heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, continuing to remove foam as it forms.
After 30... - 38.3342
1) In a colander, add fish trimmings and rinse under cold running water.
2) Empty into a large pot and cover with cold water.
3) Gently allow to boil and scoop off ay scum that surfaces.
4) Add the onion, celery stalk, bouquet garni, lemon rind, salt,... - 37.847
Poached Fish And Fish Stock
In a large skillet, place vegetables, vinegar, peppercorns and bay leaf.
Lay fish on top and add cool tap water just to cover.
Heat, uncovered, over medium heat until water begins to simmer; make sure the water does not boil.
Simmer for about 10 minutes per... - 37.5094
Fish Stock Or Fumet
Rinse the fish bones and heads thoroughly under running water.
Combine with remaining ingredients in large saucepan.
Simmer 30 to 40 minutes, skimming off foam.
Strain, pressing out juices.
Adjust seasonings, if desired.
Use in recipes calling for fish stock. - 37.0436
Classic Fish Stock
1 In a large pan, place the fish trimmings with the water, wine and the rest of the stock ingredients.
2 Add in salt and pepper, and bring to simmering point.
3 Simmer for about 20 minutes, uncovered.
4 Strain the stock.
5 Use as... - 36.9802
Wash the fish and put in the pressure cooker with all the other ingredients.
Bring to the boil uncovered and remove the scum.
Put on the lid and bring to high (15 lb) pressure, then cook for 10 minutes.
Reduce pressure slowly.
Strain the stock. - 36.6793
Fish Stock With Carrot
Peel, wash and thinly slice the carrots, onions and shallots.
Melt the butter and stir-fry the vegetables, without colouring them, for 4 to 5 minutes.
Use a wooden spatula to stir.
Wash and cut the fish bones, add to the vegetables and cook for a further 3 to... - 36.6565
Spiced Fish Stock
The Spiced Fish Stock is adds a signature taste to seafood preparation. Not surprisingly the secret lies in this brilliant Spiced Fish Stock recipe. Try it! - 36.6317
In a 3-quart casserole, combine the fish bones and heads, water, lemon juice, celery, carrots, onions, parsley, bay leaf, and peppercorns.
Cover with a lid.
Microwave on high for 20 minutes.
Let stand for 10 minutes.
Strain through a fine sieve lined with... - 36.1797
1. Make a bouquet garni by tying the parsley, thyme, and bay leaf together with kitchen twine. Set aside.
2. Clean the fish bones under cold running water, removing the gills from the heads and any traces of blood.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan or... - 36.0567
Combine ingredients in kettle, cover, bring slowly to rapid boil and skim off any surface scum.
Lower heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
Strain, jar, cool, cover and refrigerate no more than 4 days. - 35.8993
Premium Fish Stock
Put the onion and leeks into a large pan with the fish bones and heads.
Season well with salt and pepper and add the bouquet garni.
Cover with cold water, bring to the boil and skim.
Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Stir in the wine and store in the... - 35.3107
1. Melt the margarine in a thick-bottomed pan.
2. Add the sliced onions, the well-washed fish bones and the remaining ingredients.
3. Cover with grease proof paper and a lid and sweat for 5 min. Remove grease proof paper.
4. Add the water, bring to boil, skim... - 35.236
Cut the whitefish into small pieces into a Dutch oven and add 1 1/4 quarts water and remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover.
Simmer for about 1 hour, then strain through several thicknesses of cheesecloth.
Bring to a boil again... - 34.9516
Fish Stock With Onion
Put all ingredients and 1 quart of cold water into a kettle or stock pot and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, half-cover the pot, and simmer 30 minutes.
Strain through a fine sieve. - 34.614
Classic Fish Stock
Combine all of the ingredients in a stockpot.
Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove the stock from the heat, strain, and allow to cool to room temperature.
The stock can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator,... - 34.4745
1. Cut up fish, if necessary, to fit the pan size
2. In a saucepan, combine fish along with the onion, celery, parsley, lemon, salt, peppercorns, cloves and 6 cups cold water; bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30... - 34.458
1) In cold water, wash and clean the fish bones.
2) Heat a pan and pour in water and wine. Add the rest of the ingredients other than salt.
3) Let it simmer for 20 minutes only. Remove from heat and strain.
4) Season with salt.
5) Take away from heat... - 33.4083
Essential Fish Stock
Put the fish bones and trimmings in a saucepan and pour over the water and wine.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
Skim off any scum.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by about one-third.
Strain the stock.
If... - 33.2968
1. Combine all the ingredients except salt and pepper in a large stockpot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Strain the soup and discard solids. Add salt and pepper to... - 33.0249
Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
Bring slowly to just below boiling point and simmer very gently for 20 minutes, removing any scum that rises to the surface.
Strain the stock through a muslin-lined sieve and leave to cool before refrigerating. - 32.9646
Homemade Fish Stock
1. Put all the ingredients in a deep kettle. Make sure the solid ingredients are covered with liquid.
2. Bring slowly to the boiling point, then reduce the heat and simmer 30 minutes. Skim off the scum while cooking.
3. Strain through wetted cheesecloth into... - 32.5719
Classic Fish Stock With Mushrooms
Place all ingredients in a saucepan, bring to the boil.
Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
Cool, cover and refrigerate to allow any fat to rise to surface.
Remove fat. - 32.5712
Put all the ingredients in a large saucepan, cover with water and simmer for 50 minutes.
Strain and use as required.
You can put the remaining ingredients (except the heads and bones!) in a blender with 150 ml of the stock to make an instant fish soup. - 32.1484
1. Take a heavy saucepan, add all the ingredients, and allow to come to boil. Discard the froth from surface.
2. Lower the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for about half an hour.
3. Using a fine sieve, strain the stock into an airtight... - 32.108
Quick Fish Stock
Place fish bones and butter in large saucepan. Cover and cook 6 minutes over medium heat, stirring once.
Add vegetables and seasonings; cover and cook 6 minutes.
Pour in wine and water; season well. Bring to boil over medium heat. Continue cooking 18 minutes... - 32.0808
Simple Fish Stock
Break the bones into pieces and put them into a pan with all the other ingredients.
Partly cover the pan and simmer the stock for 20 minutes.
Pour the stock through a sieve.
Cool the stock and then keep in the refrigerator until it is needed. - 31.8383
Slow Cooker Fish Stock
In slow-cooker, combine fish trimmings with rest of ingredients.
Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours.
Strain the stock and use for soups, sauces. - 31.1948
Quick & Easy Fish Stock
Wash the fish trimmings and break up the bones.
Cover them with cold water, add salt and bring slowly to simmering point.
Add the other ingredients and simmer gently for no longer than 40 min.
Strain and use the same day, if possible. - 30.7332
Garlic Flavored Fish Stock
1. Wash the fish bones in several changes of water.
2. Put the butter into a large kettle over medium heat and when it melts add fish bones and water.
3. Cook, stirring, about five minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Simmer thirty... - 30.7241
Traditional Fish Stock
1. Put the fish trimmings into a large saucepan and cover with the measured water. Add all the remaining ingredients, stir well and bring to the boil, skimming off the scum as it rises to the surface with a slotted spoon. Lower the heat and simmer, partially... - 30.5139
Put all ingredients in a large pot and add water to cover.
Cover pot tightly.
Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
Strain. - 30.5018
1. Rinse fish under cold water. Place fish, onion, salt, wine, and bouquet garni in a 3-quart saucepan. Pour in water to cover (about 1 1/2 quarts). Simmer covered 2 hours. Cool slightly.
2. Strain stock through a double thickness of cheese cloth into a... - 30.3082
Traditional Fish Stock
You'll simply love this Fish Stock recipe. Try for once, I bet, you would love to prepare this Fish Stock recipe again and again. - 29.8667
Everyday Fish Stock
1) Peel and slice the vegetables.
2) In a large pan, add ingredients.
3) Boil and simmer, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes. - 29.8615
Easy Fish Stock
Wash fish bones well. Place in a large saucepan with all the other ingredients. Cover and bring to the boil. Skim the surface and simmer gently for 20 minutes. Strain the stock through a sieve, remove any fish from the bones and head and use in soup or make... - 29.7936
Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and add 2 quarts water.
Bring the liquid to a boil.
Cover the pan tightly and simmer for 45-60 minutes.
Remove from the heat and leave to cool, then strain the stock.
Use the same day. - 29.6927
Fish Stock With Dry White Wine
Wash the fish bones under cold running water and remove any blood or entrails.
Put in a large soup kettle with all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Strain through a fine sieve... - 29.1255
Sausalito Fish Stock
Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot.
Bring to a boil and skim off any foam that rises to the surface.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.
Strain, cool, cover, and refrigerate or freeze. - 29.0389
Easy Fish Stock
Place 1-1 1/2 pounds fish trimmings (heads, fins, bones) in a saucepan.
Pour in 1 cup dry white wine and enough water to barely cover, about 3 cups.
Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3Ã¢â‚¬â€4 sprigs parsley, 1 bay leaf, 1 sliced leek, a sprig or pinch of... - 28.1269
A good fish stock can add to the flavor of your seafood soup and dishes. Here is a wonderful Fish Stock recipe that has never failed me! - 27.6059
Combine all ingredients and simmer gently, for 11/2 hours strain and retain stock for fish soup.
Pick out vany meat of the fish which remains in solid pieces to use as fish balls - 27.1613
Fragrant Fish Stock
1. In a large heavy stockpot or Dutch oven, combine all of the ingredients with 3 quarts of cold water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, over moderate heat. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, skimming any foam that rises to the... - 24.6902
How To Make Shrimp Stock - Htk Tutorial
In my Tom Yum Goong recipe I use shrimp stock to add extra oomph of flavour to the soup. The stock is also useful for many other kinds of seafood soups and stews! - 0
Fish Stock Recipes By Category