Fig is a fruit of the Ficus species of woody trees, shrubs, vines and epiphytes. This species of trees are native to tropical to slightly temperate climates. However, the fruit that we all know as fig is from the fig ... More »
You can finally satisfy your 'fig' cravings with these 'Fig Pinwheels. These cookies are absolutely delicious. They
are not extremely sweet too. Careful not to indulge all of them in one sitting! Watch and learn this cookie recipe from this video. Bon... - 113.769
This dessert is very easy to make but looks super complicated. It is also very fresh and great for a nice hot day. You can serve it plain or with some whipped cream, coconut and chopped walnuts. - 108.869
Traditionally, a clafoutis can be prepared using any seasonal fruit. However, Chef Keith Snow bets on the goodness of fig to prepare this French delicacy. What better way to enjoy under-ripe fig then cook it in a boozy, sticky syrup to hold it through. A... - 107.177
Do you like figs? How about adding a little twist to the figs and making rich, moist and satisfying fig bars that your kids are sure to love. Here the chef illustrates step by step instructions to make homemade healthy fig bars right from the scratch. These... - 105.225
If you're looking to make something special on valentine's day, do try out these ham hearts. The chef has shared some unique ideas in the video. The goat cheese adds extra flavour to the ham hearts. I'm sure you're loved one will enjoy this. - 103.834
So in this video, Marta decides to take on a real challenge and makes Fig Newtons! Despite an argument with the dough, the cookies turn out PERFECT and are organic and vegan! You won't be able to stop with just one. Watch and learn, folks! Enjoy! - 101.428
1. Flatten the figs with the palms of your hands and cut through the middle.
2. Place a piece of buffalo mozzarella in between two pieces of figs.
3. Wrap the fig up in paper thin proscuitto. Continue with other figs.
4. Place two wrapped figs through... - 97.2906
1) Take a pie plate and coat it with cooking spray. Keep aside. Also Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2) Take the oats, flour and brown sugar in a bowl. Add margarine and blend them well.
3) Take the coated pie plate and pour half of... - 47.9258
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13 X 9 -inch baking pan.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, bone meal, kelp powder, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice and walnuts.
3) In another bowl, beat the eggs alongwith... - 47.6141
1. Prepare the filling by cutting up the figs and removing the hard stems. Cook the figs in the rest of the ingredients till they are soft and thick. Set aside to cool till required.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F, 100°C, Gas Mark 5
3.... - 47.1758
Sift flour with salt and, if you like, cinnamon.
Cream butter and sugars until very fluffy; beat in egg whites and vanilla.
Slowly work in flour; wrap dough and chill 2-3 hours.
Meanwhile, prepare filling: Simmer all ingredients together, stirring frequently,... - 45.743
Place the figs in a large bowl, then sprinkle with the soda and add 6 quarts boiling water.
Let stand for 5 minutes, then thoroughly rinse the figs in cool water and drain.
Bring 2 1/2 cups sugar and 2 quarts water to a boil in a saucepan.
Add the figs and... - 44.2178
Grease and lightly flour a 9x9x2 inch baking pan.
In a bowl stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
In a mixer bowl beat butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
Add brown sugar and beat till fluffy.
Add egg and... - 43.5418
Stir to combine thoroughly the first 4 ingredients.
Combine eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring till well blended.
In small bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Mix in crumbled fig... - 43.5249
Sprinkle over figs 1/2 cup of soda.
Cover with boiling water and let stand for 3 minutes.
Rinse well and drain.
Make a syrup of sugar, water, vinegar and spices.
Add figs to boiling syrup and boil for 10 minutes.
Set aside for 24 hours.
Heat and boil for 10... - 43.4447
1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together till fluffy, beat egg into it and stir in vanilla and orange rind
2. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder and mix into the creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix into a dough
3. Roll the dough... - 43.0751
1. In a bowl, add gelatin, sprinkle water on it and leave till it turns spongy; place this bowl in a saucepan of simmering water and heat uuntil dissolved
2. In a saucepan, add wine and sugar along with brandy and lemon juice and let the sugar dissolve... - 42.9626
1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cinnamon, butter and 1/4 cup of water. Place the pan over a low flame.
2. Allow the sugar to melt, without stirring.
3. Increase the flame and bring the syrup to a boil, stirring continuously with a skewer until the... - 42.7157
Combine flour, 1/2 c. (125 mL) of the wheat germ, sugar, orange rind and salt in bowl.
Stir well to blend.
Cut in margarine with pastry blender until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
Add 1/4 c. (60 mL) of the orange juice, a little at a time, mixing lightly... - 42.2279
Combine figs, water, juice, and sugar in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until thick.
Cream butter; add brown sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
Add eggs, one at a time,... - 42.0225
Rinse the monkfish under plenty of cold running water.
Pat dry on kitchen paper and remove the central cartilage.
Cut the flesh into 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) cubes and arrange the pieces side by side in a dish.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Put the... - 41.7876
If you love figs , here is an interesting recipe that lets you add figs to your everyday cooking. Delicious figs in your favorite dishes. This fig bars is a simple and easy recipe that has the mouthwatering flavors and tastes of figs. So now you can enjoy... - 41.7213
1) Pre heat the oven by setting it the desired temperature.
2) Take a bowl and sift the flour along with salt and sugar into it.
3) Mix some shortening together with a light hand.
4) Add enough milk slowly in order to turn it into a soft... - 40.6617
1. In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt and beat on low speed until dough is smooth, scraping down side... - 40.6084
1) Wash figs and stem it.
2) In a pan boil water. Cover figs in water and let stand for 5 minutes.
3) In a saucepan make a syrup of 1 cup water, sugar, vinegar and spices tied in a cheesecloth bag.
4) Drain out figs from water and add to... - 40.3751
Put figs through coarse blade of the food chopper.
Combine with water, sugar and pinch of salt in saucepan.
Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer until mixture is very thick, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool.
Cream shortening,... - 39.65
Cut fig bars into small dice.
Scald milk in double boiler Beat eggs slightly, add sugar and salt, pour part of hot milk into egg mixture, blend and return to double boiler.
Cook until mixture coats a spoon, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat, add gelatin... - 38.0422
1) In each of the 4 dessert dishes place 2 fresh figs.
2) In a medium bowl, beat the evaporated milk until frothy.
3) Beat in the honey, vanilla and cinnamon until it acquires a whipped cream consistency.
4) Spoon equally over the figs placed in the... - 37.368
Peel figs, if desired, and cut in halves; arrange in a shallow bowl and sprinkle with curacao.
Cover and chill.
About 10 minutes before serving, remove ice cream from freezer to soften.
Whip cream until thick and sweeten with sugar.
Fold ice cream into... - 37.0154
Rinse figs and pat dry.
Trim off stems.
To open figs into tulip shapes cut each fig into 4 petals by cutting through fig from stem end to about 1/2 inch from other end.
Cover and chill, if made ahead.
In a blender container, combine cheese, lemon peel, salt,... - 36.8197
Add 3 cups sugar to the water and cook until the sugar dissolves.
Add figs and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add remaining sugar and the vinegar.
Tie spices in a cheesecloth bag; add to figs.
Cook gentty until figs are clean.
Cover - 36.757
Steamed figs is a sweet fruity dessert made with pulled figs and cream along with sugar. Steamed and arranged with whipped cream with orange juice flavoring, the steamed figs are moist, delicious and juicy. - 36.199
If you love figs , here is an interesting recipe that lets you add figs to your everyday cooking. Delicious figs in your favorite dishes. This figs aflame is a simple and easy recipe that has the mouthwatering flavors and tastes of figs. So now you can... - 35.2581
Arrange figs evenly in a lightly greased 10- x 6- x 2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice.
Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Stir well, and sprinkle over figs.
Dot with butter.
Roll Cheddar Pastry out to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly... - 35.0008
1) In hot water, submerge the figs for about a minute.
2) Drain the figs properly and peel them. Then quarter each fig.
2) Lightly beat the cream and blend it well into the yoghurt.
3) Into 4 sherbet glasses, spoon some of the cream mixture.
4) Put a... - 34.9848
Put spices, sugar, water, and vinegar in pot.
Drop figs into boiling syrup.
Bring to rolling boil.
Cut heat off.
Cover and let stand overnight.
Repeat 3 times.
Can last time.
Use slotted spoon to remove from syrup.
Reduce sugar one po - 34.9119
1) Rinse the figs and drain them.
2) In a small saucepan, put the orange juice and water.
3) Add the figs and ginger root, let the liquid boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) When figs are plump, remove from the pan... - 34.7067
Toast pine nuts in a small frying pan over medium heat until golden (about 4 minutes), stirring often.
Trim stems from figs, if desired; then cut each fig in half lengthwise.
Arrange 4 halves on each of 2 dessert plates.
Drizzle figs with liqueur... - 34.6128
1. Cut each fig lengthways into four wedges. Make a marinade by whisking vinegar, oil and lemon juice with seasoning.
2. Stand the fig wedges up in the middle of a large shallow serving dish, keeping them close together. Scatter the lemon zest and thyme on... - 34.5948
Chop the figs and dates and puree in a blender and transfer into a mixing bowl.
Shape this mixture into 25 small balls with your hands and push a whole almond into the centre of each ball.
The almond should be completely covered with the fruit.
Spread out the... - 34.5097
1. Wash the figs and clip off the stems. Add cold water to cover, two tablespoons lemon juice and one tablespoon very thinly sliced lemon rind.
2. Add the ginger root and bring mixture to a boil. Boil until the figs are puffed and soft, or twenty to thirty... - 33.7292
Sprinkle the figs with the soda, then add about 1 quart boiling water.
Let stand for 5 minutes, then drain and rinse thoroughly.
Cut the figs and raisins in small pieces.
Peel the orange and cut the peel in shreds.
Remove the white membrane and cut the pulp... - 33.6506
Starting at the top of each fig and without cutting all the way through, slice each into quarters to open out the fruit.
Place the figs in a shallow dish and pour the Marsala wine over.
Cover and leave for about 1 hr.
Meanwhile, mix together the mascar-pone... - 33.1568
In a small bowl, blend yogurt, sour cream, and shredded mint.
Cut small figs vertically in halves; cut large figs into quarters.
Cut prosciutto slices in half crosswise; roll up each piece.
Spoon yogurt mixture equally into centers of 4 salad plates.
Divide... - 32.354
Combine vinegar and sugar with salt and spices in saucepan.
Boil for 5 minutes.
Pour over figs in crock; cover.
Let stand overnight.
Next morning drain; heat syrup to boiling and pour over figs.
Repeat for 3 more mornings.
Cover and keep in cool dark place. - 32.0434
1. In a small ovenproof dish place the figs.
2. Whip the whipping cream, egg yolks, honey and sherry together and pour over the figs.
3. Let it broil for 3-4 minutes or until browned and bubbly. - 31.6377
1.Stuff the figs with cherries and broken nut-meats, allowing two cherries and five nut-meats to each fig
2.Mix the orange juice, sugar, and lemon-juice, add the figs, cover and simmer until the figs are tender
3.Drain, cool and serve in individual... - 31.4326
Drain figs well and put them into a bowl.
Measure out 1/2 cup of the fig syrup and combine it with cinnamon, vanilla, brandy and sherry.
Pour over figs.
Cover and let stand in refrigerator several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
Spoon some of figs... - 31.2345
Marinated Figs is an amazingly delicious easy to prepare dessert recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention. Try this Marinated Figs; I am sure your loved ones will give you a lot of compliments for this! - 30.3917
Spread the blanched almonds on a baking sheet and toast them in an oven preheated to 150°C (300°F, gas 2) for 7-10 minutes, until lightly golden.
Put the figs in an ovenproof glass or earthenware casserole.
Whisk the honey, lemon juice and cognac together... - 30.2158
Rinse and drain figs.
Trim tip off stem, if desired.
Cut fruit vertically in half.
Arrange 4 halves on each of 4 dessert plates.
Drizzle fruit with liqueur (or brush lightly with orange concentrate).
In the center of each plate, mound about 1/4 cup mascarpone... - 29.6033
Select firm ripe figs.
Combine the soda and 1 gallon boiling water and pour over the figs.
Soak for about 10 minutes or until skins become transparent, then rinse in cold water.
Combine the honey and 6 cups water for syrup and bring to a boil.
Add the figs to... - 28.7712
Mix the nuts with the sugar on a plate.
Use to coat the goats' cheese slices completely.
Place in an airtight container and chill.
When ready to serve, quarter the figs.
Place a leaf on each of six individual plates.
Place a piece of the coated cheese in the... - 27.1556
Place all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer, uncovered, 15-30 minutes until figs are clear and tender; cover and cool in liquid.
Serve at room temperature with a little liquid poured over each serving.
If you like, pass heavy or light cream. - 26.6129
Tie spices in a bag and drop into a saucepan with the vinegar and sugar plus 1/2 cup water.
Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove spice bag.
Add figs and cook slowly for 20 minutes.
Cool and pour into a sealer or screw-top jar. - 25.5216
1.Cut stalks off figs and cut figs into quarters. Place in a medium bowl.
2. Pour over orange juice and Grand Marnier. Cover, refrigerate overnight.
3.Serve chilled figs and marinade in glass individual dishes or tall glasses. - 24.8187
Cut each fig into 4 wedges, cutting to, but not through, base of fig.
Spread wedges slightly apart, place 3 figs on each of 5 dessert plates.
Spoon about 11/2 teaspoons cheese into each fig, and spoon about 1 tablespoon honey evenly around each serving of... - 23.4232
Combine the figs, the Marsala or grape juice, water, and lemon in a saucepan.
Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
Let the figs cool in the liquid. - 23.085
Rinse figs and set stems up and slightly apart in an 8- or 9-inch-square pan.
Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven until figs swell from the heat and skins are taut, about 20 minutes.
Gently spoon 2 figs onto each of 4 dessert plates or small bowls.
Accompany... - 22.364
Tip the figs, together with their syrup, into a serving bowl.
Stir in the Pernod, cover the bowl with aluminium foil and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Whip the cream lightly with the sugar and serve the figs with the cream on top. - 21.7379
Thread each skewer, alternating with cheese wedges and orange quarters, ending with a fig.
Preheat the grill.
Set kabobs on grid over ashen coals.
Grill about 1 1/ 2 minutes on each side or until cheese is soft and fruit is warm. - 21.656
1 Arrange the lettuce leaves on 8 serving plates.
2 Wrap 4 fig quarters in each slice of ham and place each one on a lettuce leaf.
Garnish each dish with a little watercress and serve immediately. - 21.2099
Method Pour figs and fig syrup into a large skillet.
Add cinnamon stick, broken in half, brown sugar and ginger.
Cook, uncovered, over a very low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until syrup thickens slightly.
Spoon syrup over figs during cooking.
Remove cinnamon... - 19.3162
Preparing your child's school lunch every day can be a daunting task. Here I show you a simple, fun, and delicious recipe for school lunch or after school snack. To find more school lunch inspiration, check out my book Weelicious Lunches! - 0
1. In a small bowl, mix together flax seeds and warm water. Set aside.
2. For Crust – In a medium bowl, add in the oat flour, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, sea salt, flax seed mixture, agave nectar and raisins. Mix well to form a ball and... - 0