- » Fermented
Enjoy our collection of fermented recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for fermented recipes.
Korean Food: Cucumber Kimchi (오이 소박이)
Cucumber Kimchi is a traditional Korean Side Dish. You are bound to find great abundance of fresh tender and cool cucumbers in summers. Watch this video to learn how to make a delicious Korean style cucumber pickle or kimchi which is ideal as a summer... - 148.175
Korean Food: Napa Cabbage Kimchi (배추 김치)
When you think of Korean food what is the first thing that comes to mind? Obviously it is Kimchi (Gimchi or Kimchee). Infact the Koreans eat so much kimchi, they say “Kimchi” instead of “Cheese” when clicking photographs! I think Napa cabbage kimchi... - 143.659
Napa Cabbage Water Kimchi (나박김치)
1. For the kimchi broth: In a bowl with water, add hot pepper powder, sugar, salt. Mix well until the sugar dissolves.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the radish and cabbage pieces, sprinkle sea salt, toss well and set it aside for 20... - 132.353
Homemade Mediterranean Or Greek Yogurt From Scratch
Make your own homemade Greek yogurt by watching this video. Making your own homemade yogurt is a great way to have a treat that is free of preservatives, chemicals and artificial flavors. It is easy. Tastes a lot better than anything you can buy in a store... - 127.212
Green Onion Kimchi (파김치)
1. In a large bowl, place the cleaned and washed green onions, add the fish sauce and gently coat the green onions well. Set it aside for 20 minutes, occasionally turning the green onions in between for a good coating.
2. In a pot on medium high... - 126.015
Orange And Coconut Kefir Drink
In this video chef Russe shows you how to brew water kefir and make pro-biotic beverages to beat the summer heat. This is a non-dairy coconut based drink that is fermented and is amazing for your body’s internal system. There are far too many benefits of... - 125.411
Korean Food: Young Radish Kimchi (열무김치)
1. On a chopping board, chop the well rinsed radish into 1½-inch lengths. Spread them around in a large mixing bowl, evenly, sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top. Repeat this process until all the radish leaves are used up. Set it aside for... - 124.377
Homemade Kim Chee
Delicious and fiery, Kimchi is a Korean staple that is easy to make at home. A Step-by-Step guide to making homemade kimchi has been presented in the video here. It's a healthy, tasty, and refreshing snack and side dish. Go ahead, try making this at home and... - 119.757
Napa Cabbage And Cucumber Kimchi
Add bold, sizzling flavors to your suppertime with the zesty, spicy, and full of pizzazz Korean dish — the fiery flavored kimchi. Savor the flavor of your garden fresh veggies all year long with this piquant favorite. And no, you don’t really need an... - 118.764
In this video, Victoria is sharing an European side dish/relish. They are like pickles or nice sharp side dish. Perfect for heavy dishes. Watch and learn how to make them. And as always, enjoy! - 114.495
Culinary Carrie: Lemon Herb Cheese
1. In a stock pot pour the milk and warm it to a temperature of 175 degree.
2. Once the desired temperature has reached take the pot off the heat and add the lemon juice and stir well.
3. Cover the pot with the lid and wait for 15 minutes, so that the... - 111.342
Classic Fermented Squid
Maangchi has yet another traditional fermented dish, Korean fermented squid. Loke kimchi, this dish is also full of spicy to make your mouth water. So, next time you get a good bargain on squids try this recipe and enjoy it for a long time. Its amazing to see... - 106.976
1. In a jar, pour buttermilk and heavy cream.
2. Leave it on the counter undisturbed for over 24 hours.
3. Refrigerate it overnight.
4. Use this cream to make tasty salad dressings and a whole bunch of other recipes. - 106.148
Homemade Yogurt - Dahi -curd
Those of you who are looking for the recipe of homemade yogurt, will find this very useful. Chef Bhavna shows how to make natural yogurt. It is made within 3 hours and it is less expensive. You can always add fruits to it and make it flavoured yogurt. Do... - 105.446
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Wash the beet roots and peel off the scab. Slice with the help of mandolin or knife.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the sliced beet roots.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
5. For making concoction... - 103.688
Natto Gohan (traditional Fermented Japanese Dish)
1. Mix soybean with sauce and mustard available inside the packet.
2. In a small bowl, put cooked rice, and sprinkle scallions on it.
3. Top it with fermented soybean, and egg.
4. Garnish with scallions and serve natto gohan immediately. - 103.32
Homemade Cultured Butter & Buttermilk
Making fresh cultured butter and buttermilk is easier than you think. Start with fresh whole cream, culture it, blend it, squeeze it, flavor it. Homemade butter tastes great and is easy to make! In this video, I also show you how to make unsalted and roasted... - 102.637
This is the second and final part of the recipe video Kambucha tea. After the tea is done, you can store it for a long period of time such as a month, it tastes just fine. - 98.9209
Fermented food have been a long-standing part of most global cuisines. Susan Campbell understands the goodness of cultured food and shows you myriad ways in which you can relish cultured veggies and kefir at home. A great way to include probiotics in your... - 95.8342
Want to know of a way to make a detoxifying drink so powerful that it has been considered nothing short of a miracle? Then watch this video and learn to make the perfect Kombucha. This drink is amazingly healthy and very beneficial. The process might seem a... - 91.8428
If you want to want to prepare kimchi at home, then check out this video, that is a simple step by step guide for making Kimchi. Hopefully you will be willing to try this recipe at home and enjoy some real korean kimchi with your family and friends. - 89.705
Sippity Sup makes Kimchi. - 87.7065
Want to make Kambucha at home? Try this Kambucha tea recipe. The basic recipe is to put mushroom in tea and allow it to ferment. It is very inexpensive to make it at home. This video recipe has two parts and this is the first part of the recipe. - 83.9176
#1081 How To Make Natural Yeast
Would you like to make your own yeast at home? Then take your cues from this recipe presented in the video. Natural yeasts tastes slightly different from store-bought ones, nevertheless, makes for a delicious addition to your regular bread recipes. Try it to... - 82.9697
Raw Sauerkraut - Benefits Of Probiotics - Part 2
FOR GETTING READY
1. You will need to cut the red and green cabbage in half and take out the stem and shred it.
2. Can be shredded in the food processor too.
3.Transfer the shredded cabbages in a big bowl
4.Sprinkle some salt or lemon juice and knead... - 79.4169
Kim Chi - Part 1
1. Pull some leaves from the cabbage and keep them aside.
2. Cut the remaining cabbage and keep that in a food processor, grind for few minutes.
3. In a large bowl transfer the grinded cabbage.
4. Chop the Kale finely with the help of a chopper.... - 72.5494
Kim Chi - Part 2
1. Pull some leaves from the cabbage and keep them aside.
2. Cut the remaining cabbage and put it in a food processor, process for few minutes.
3. In a large bowl transfer the chopped cabbage.
4. Chop the Kale finely with the help of a chopper.... - 70.9019
Fermented Rice Dishes Like Idli & Dhokla
Even being in US you can get a taste of Indian food! Bhal Dave makes it so easy to prepare Indian dishes at home up to perfection that you would give restaurants food a skip. Try making healthy fermented rice dishes like Idli & Dhokla with adequate guidance... - 64.7759
La Phet Thote (fermented Tea Salad)
One of the famous side-dishes of Myanmar is la phet thote. La Phet means pickled tea leaves and thote means salad. So if you translate in English, it'll be "Pickled Tea Leaves Salad". - 50.537
Sugar Plum Ring
Soften yeast in warm water.
Combine scalded milk, the 1/3 cup sugar, shortening, salt, and cool to lukewarm.
Stir in 1 cup flour.
Add yeast and eggs.
Add remaining flour or enough to make soft dough.
Place in greased bowl turning once to grease... - 48.8711
1) Thoroughly rinse the dry and fully open flowers.
2) In a large bowl, place the flowers with cold water and raisins, 2 lb. sugar and orange and lemon juice.
3) Put the campden tablet and stir well.
4) Put the lid on, and leave to rest... - 47.4117
1. Scrub carrots and wash.
2. Grate carrots.
3. In a large saucepan, boil carrots with water, lemon, orange and grapefruit rinds for 10 minutes.
4. Into a large bowl, using a nylon sieve or muslin, strain and let cool.
5. When the... - 47.3597
Sticky Cinnamon Buns
Sprinkle or crumble yeast into water.
Use very warm water (105°F.to 115° F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
Let stand for a few minutes, then stir until dissolved.
Add shortening to milk, cool to lukewarm, and add yeast.
Add 1... - 46.517
Diced Chicken With Fermented Black Beans
1) In a medium-sized bowl, combine together the water chestnut powder or cornstarch, egg white and dry sherry. Stir quickly for about a minute or till the marinade is smooth.
2) From the chicken, remove any fat or cartilage and then cut the... - 46.329
1) In a large bowl, place the prunes with the water and pectic enzyme.
2) Cover and leave to rest, stirring and mashing periodically for next 10 days.
3) Pass the prune mixture through thick cheesecloth and squeeze gently.
4) Stir in the sugar, Campden... - 45.773
Sparkling Pear Wine
1) In a large bowl, place together cold water, citric acid, pectic enzyme and Campden tablets.
2) Add the pears to the citric acid mixture.
3) Put the lid on and leave to soak for 24 hours.
4) Stir in the raisins, 8 oz. of the sugar,... - 45.6475
1. Separate dandelion heads from stalks.
2. In a large bowl, place dandelion heads and pour boiling water on top.
3. Cover the bowl and let stand for 2 days; stir occasionally.
4. On the third day, in a large saucepan, put together... - 45.6475
1) Crush the rosehips until coarse.
2) In a saucepan, place the rosehips and add water just to cover it.
3) Heat the rosehip mixture to boil for 10 minutes.
4) Pass the rosehips mixture through cheesecloth.
5) In the same saucepan, heat... - 45.6472
1) Discard the green stems from the wallflowers, if any
2) Finely mince the raisins.
3) In a large bowl, place the flowers, raisins and sugar.
4) Stream the hot water, over the flower mixture.
5) Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
6) Leave... - 45.6344