- » Exotic Fruit
Exotic Fruit Recipes
Enjoy our collection of exotic fruit recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for exotic fruit recipes.
Pomegranate Fizz Delight
Wondering what unique drink to make for the kids? Here is a simple mocktail prepared using the increasingly popular pomegranate juice! Mixed with some soda and lime, this makes a wonderful drink. And once the kids are done, don’t keep back the rest, pour in... - 114.784
Healthy Fruit Breakfast
Want to try a great breakfast recipe today? Try this one out. Packed with the goodness of fruits, this Healthy Fruity Breakfast, makes for a complete breakfast. Watch the video now. - 77.1602
Tali And Jackfruit Part Ii...more Adventurous
If you are looking to surprise your husband or kids with a truly tropical treat within in your drawing room, you won't find a better dish than this. Custardy jackfruit combined with creamy coconut makes for a treat that isn't just appeasing to the palate, but... - 72.7005
Tali And Jackfruit Part 1 Raw Naked Food
You don't really have to blow always tons of cash to eat exotic. Sometimes something as simple as a homemade treat made with exotic fruit like jackfruit and tropical coconuts can lend you the same experience sitting at home. Tali prepares a complete raw treat... - 67.0653
Thai Lawt Chong
You must try this dessert to experience the uniqueness of Thai food. It is so simple but yet so delicious. - 66.4446
Kiwi Papaya Endives
1) Remove any wilted leaves of endives and wash them under cold water.
2) In a food processor, process the kiwis with papaya to a puree.
3) Into a small saucepan, press the puree through a sieve and mix in sugar.
4) Combine cornstarch... - 48.6707
Pork With Papaya
Partially freeze meat.
Cut on the bias into thin bite-size strips.
Spray a 12-inch skillet with nonstick coating.
Cook pork and garlic in the skillet till meat is brown, stirring occasionally.
Stir in broccoli, bias-sliced onions, 1/2 cup water, and soy... - 48.1927
Kiwi Kiss is a wonderful dessert that is the perfectly fits into your meal plan. The yummy Kiwi Kiss is a delight to eat because of their memorable signature taste. Here is a fantastic Kiwi Kiss recipe. - 47.6193
To make Jackfruit preserve :
1. Dissolve jaggery in water. Strain into a heavy-bottomed vessel and cook over a low flame to make into a thick syrup. Add the mashed jackfruit into the jaggery syrup. Stir well. As it thickens, keep adding ghee, a little at a... - 47.3815
1. From coconut, extract 3 cups thin and 1 cup thick milk.
2. Oil the fingers and peel the jackfruit. Separate fruit and discard seeds.
3. Apply turmeric on the fruit and keep aside.
4. In a skillet heat 4 tablespoons oil and toss in... - 46.7378
Pot Roast With Papaya
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a Dutch oven (or any ovenproof, heavy covered pan), brown the meat on all sides in hot oil.
Add the onion and fry until golden.
Add the broth or bouillon, vinegar, sugar, and salt, if using.
Put the bay leaf in the broth.
Lay... - 45.3958
Papaya Yogurt Ice
Papaya Yogurt Ice is a delicious dessert recipe that is simply easy-to-prepare. Once you have this Papaya Yogurt Ice recipe, I am sure you will always crave for it. - 45.1756
Cheese stuffed papayas are dessert papayas that are made with a stuffing of cream cheese and ricotta cheese along with raisins. Spiced with cinnamon, the cheese stuffed papayas are soft and sweet when baked and served. You can garnish them as desired or serve... - 44.6918
Venison Medallions With Papayas
Wash and pat the venison medallions dry, wrap them in the bacon and tie with kitchen string.
Season with salt and pepper and fry in the oil 8 minutes to a side.
Halve the pomegranates.
Holding them in one hand with the cut side down, pound on the fruit with... - 44.0032
Papaya Sugar Slices
Sift together the 1 3/4 c. (440 mL) of flour and the baking soda; set aside.
Using an electric mixer on Medium, beat the margarine, sugar replacement, and fructose until well blended.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Stir in... - 43.9856
1) Preheat moderate oven to 350°F
2) In a large bowl add 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
3) Cut in butter for pie crust. Blend the mixture.
4) Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
5) Transfer... - 43.4432
Pork Medaillons With Kiwi
1) Preheat the oven to 200°F (100°C).
2) Spread mustard on one side of the sliced pork tenderloin.
3) In a large heavy skillet , place the pork in the melted butter with the mustard side down.
4) Season with salt, lower the heat and... - 41.3568
To obtain pomegranate juice, remove pomegranate seeds, making sure no yellow membrane remains.
Place seeds in several thicknesses of cheesecloth.
Crush seeds and drain off juice.
Mix juice with lime juice.
Sprinkle gelatin on cold water.
Let stand for 5... - 40.6535
1. Set out a star-shape (about 1 1/2 qt.) mold.
2. Make incision with a sharp knife, peel and remove seeds and juice from pomegranates.
3. Place seeds and juice in saucepan and bring to boiling with 1 3/4 cups water and lemon.
4. Cover and simmer for 15 min.,... - 40.6153
1) Peel the kiwis and then cut them into small pieces.
2) Put half of the kiwis in the blender along with 2 cups of juice and 4 ice cubes.
3) Blend till the ingredients are smooth.
4) Add 1 cup of sparkling water and stir well.
5) Repeat the steps with... - 39.9427
1 Chill a large bowl in the refrigerator.
2 Cut the papayas into halves and scoop out the seeds.
3 Prepare the Delicious Dirt Cream: In the prepared bowl, beat evaporated skim milk until foamy.
4 Blend in honey and vanilla and... - 39.6169
1. Peel papaya. Cut into two. Remove seeds. Wash well. Cut into quarters. Chop fine (slit lengthwise and then cut across to chop fine) or grate on the medium grater.
2. Grate coconut fine. Grind together garlic, onions and turmeric. Grind green chillies... - 39.3239
Saucy Pomegranate Floating Island
Beat egg whites with dash salt till soft peaks form.
Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
In skillet heat milk to simmering.
Drop egg white mixture onto milk in 6 mounds.
Cook slowly, uncovered, till set, about 5 minutes.
Lift from milk... - 39.1747
1) In a cheesecloth bag add allspice, cloves, mustard seed, cinnamon, ginger root, and cayenne pepper. Tie the mouth of the bag.
2) In a large saucepot put papaya pulp, onion and the cheesecloth bag.
3) Cook on low heat for 40 minutes.
4) Mix vinegar,... - 38.7295
1. Halve the papaya and remove the seeds.
2. Scoop out the flesh and chop.
3. Half fill the shells with cottage cheese and arrange the chopped flesh around it.
4. Top with a mound of fresh, peeled shrimp and decorate with a few fresh prawn tails.
5.... - 38.7145
1) Prepare mayonnaise sauce in advance.
2) Stir curry powder in the mayonnaise.
3) Combine the remaining mayonnaise, stir thoroughly, and refrigerate to chill.
4) On greased rack, place the pompano and cook over boiling water until fish... - 38.1662
1. In an electric blender process combining kiwi, apple juice and lemon juice until smooth and then stir in orange rind.
2. Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan and freeze until almost firm.
3. Into a mixing bowl spoon frozen mixture and beat... - 37.374
Peach And Passion Fruit Chantilly
1) Using a sharp knife, cut the passion fruit into half.
2) in a bowl, take out the flesh of the fruit.
3) In the bowl, also add... - 36.9814
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) Halve papayas and remove the seeds.
3) Take a baking dish and grease.
4) Arrange the papayas over it.
5) In a small saucepan add butter and melt over low heat.
6) Stir in lemon juice and ginger.
7)... - 36.5067
Cut 2 of the papayas lengthwise into slices.
Cut remaining papaya into pieces.
Place papaya pieces in blender container.
Cover and blend on high speed, stopping blender occasionally to scrape sides, until smooth, about 1 minute.
Beat whipping cream and... - 36.2894
Raw Papaya Salan With Green Peas
Peel the papaya and cut the flesh into 1/2" cubes. Soak them in water for 20 minutes. Drain in a sieve.
Place 3 tablespoons of oil in a vessel. Heat over a medium flame. When hot, add the curry sprigs and 5-spice leaf. When they heat, add ground onions and... - 35.892
1) In a bowl add salt to egg whites and beat until soft peaks form.
2) Add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
3) Add papaya pulp.
4) Mix lemon peel and juice.
5) Spoon into sherbet glasses and chill.
6) Serve plain or with grated coconut. - 35.5266
Baked Stuffed Papaya
Combine the coriander, cumin, cottage and cream cheeses, vermouth, curry and chutney and mix thoroughly to blend well.
Add the raisins and water chestnuts and mix to blend.
Use to fill the seeded papaya halves.
Cover tightly and refrigerate.
NOTE TO COOK: To... - 35.4834
Kurmu Jackfruit Pulao
Cook the rice in an electric rice cooker. Add the deep fried onions, vegetables, broiled cumin and coriander seeds, the mace flowers, garam masala, yellow pulao colour, salt and ghee.
Either you boil the jackfruit or deep fry it.
Heat the mustard seeds in 1... - 35.3963
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine eggs, milk and sugar with orange pulp, juice and rind in saucepan; mix well.
Cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
Place pan in larger pan of cool water; stir until cool.
Place papaya and coconut in baking... - 35.3234
1. Slice lime and add to Grenadine syrup and refrigerate until required.
2. Fill two tall or hi-ball glasses, with crushed ice.
3. Pour the syrup over the ice, allowing lime slices to fall into the glasses.
4. Top with soda. Garnish as... - 34.661
Peel, seed, and slice papayas into 1/2-inch pieces.
Mix ginger, nutmeg, and lime juice into the melted butter.
Brush papaya slices with butter mixture.
Preheat stovetop grill.
Cook papaya over medium heat for 30 to 45 seconds on each side.
Papaya will be warm... - 34.6393
Peel the kiwis and cut into small pieces.
Place half in a blender with 2 cups juice and 4 ice cubes.
Blend until smooth.
Stir in 1 cup sparkling water.
Repeat with the remaining kiwis, 2 cups juice, 4 ice cubes and 1 cup sparkling water.
Pour into tall... - 34.0758
Passion Fruit Bavarois
1. Place sugar, Marsala or sherry and egg yolks in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, beating, for 8 minutes or until mixture is thick and leaves a ribbon trail when beaters are lifted from the mixture.
2. Dissolve gelatin in... - 34.0064
Sole With Papaya
1. Cut papaya lengthwise in half; scoop out seeds and discard. Pare papaya; cut length wise into 1/2 inch (1.3-cm) thick slices.
2. Sprinkle fish with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lime juice; let stand 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle fish with salt. Place flour on waxed... - 33.861
Jackfruit Cooked With Garam Masala
Heat 3 tablespoons of ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and cook the onion till soft. Add the chopped jackfruit and lower the flame and add the ground kopra, the whole coriander seeds and curry leaves and allow to cook till the jackfruit is tender. If needed, add... - 33.7416
1) In a bowl, add the egg yolk, sugar and wine, blend well.
2) Keep the bowl over a pan of simmering water, whisking continuously until the mixture is light, thick and doubled.
3) On a small shallow dish, place the slices of kiwi fruit and pour in ... - 33.3329
Raw Papaya Kachumbar
Place all the vegetable items in a large, glass bowl. Do not add the chillies or peanuts. Sprinkle salt lightly and cover and refrigerate.
Take a small karahi or saucepan and heat oil and add the mustard seeds, chilli pieces and curry leaves. Stir gently,... - 32.7906
Green Papaya Turkey Tumble
1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, stir oil, onion, and turkey until meat is browned and crumbly, about 7 minutes.
2. Add curry powder; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add papaya, broth, and chutney. Cover and cook over medium heat,... - 32.7555
Passion Fruit Flummery
Soak gelatine in 1 cup of the cold water for 2 hr.
Blend flour with the remaining cup of cold water; add juice from oranges and lemon.
Put all into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
Remove from heat, and when nearly cold add passion fruit... - 32.7279
1 Halve the papayas; scoop out seeds.
2 Place on the lettuce-lined salad plates.
3 Fill the hollows with blueberries and grapes.
4 Garnish each with a whole strawberry.(optional)
5 Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over. - 32.6485
This novel Pomegranate Fizz recipe is so very nice, it has got me curious as to what its secret is. Whenever you try out this Pomegranate Fizz, don't forget to let me know your experience. - 32.5973
Kashmiri Kathal Or Jackfruit
Peel the potatoes and cut each into 8 pieces. Cut each jackfruit pod into 2 and deep fry till soft. Set aside. In the same oil, deep fry the potatoes and set aside.
In a large vessel, put in half a cup of oil in which the potatoes were fried and place on a... - 32.5552
Scallop & Pea Pod Stir Fry With Papaya
1. To prepare ginger sauce, in a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and 1/4 cup (60 ml) water until blended. Stir in honey, lemon juice, ginger, and five-spice; set aside
2. Cut unpeeled papayas lengthwise into halves; remove and discard seeds. Set papaya... - 32.5529
1. Chop the jackfruit segments into small pieces. Add water and cook until very soft, then mash thoroughly.
2. Powder the jaggery and add to the cooked fruit, stirring all the while. Simmer for a while until thick and the mixture starts to form a mass.
3.... - 32.534
Cut pomegranates into halves.
Squeeze out juice on orange or lemon juicer, the way you would that of an orange or lemon.
Add lemon juice and sugar.
Serve diluted with water or soda, or over crushed ice. - 32.5199
Ripe Jackfruit Fritters
Place the sugar and whisked eggs in a bowl and beat: till the sugar has dissolved.
Gently add the self-raising flour and mix well. Then add the fruit pulp, raisins and the cardamom-nutmeg powder and salt and mix vigorously. Allow to sit for 1/2 an hour.
Take... - 32.2977
Chicory Pomegranate & Feta Salad
In a large serving bowl, throw together the salad leaves.
Push a quarter of the pomegranate seeds through a fine sieve over a bowl to catch the juice.
Stir the olive oil, vinegar and some seasoning into the juice to make a dressing, then add to the leaves... - 32.0984
1) Skin the papaya. Make 1 1/2 X 2 1/2-inch pieces.
2) Insert clove into end of each piece.
3) In a saucepan mix sugar and vinegar.
4) Bring to boiling and boil for 5 minutes.
5) Mix papaya and cook until transparent.
6) Put... - 31.2475
This Kiwi Coulis is one of the best dishes that I've ever tasted. Try this fruity sauce to flavor your Panna Cotta or in anyway in which you desire. Your suggestions for this Kiwi Coulis are welcome. - 30.8548
In a saucepan, bring to a boil water and sugar.
Add kiwis and orange juice.
Simmer 3 minutes.
Dilute cornstarch in a little water.
Pour into saucepan.
Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
For a smoother coulis, run mixture through blender, then a sieve. - 30.3505
Chakka Pazham Halwa Or Jackfruit Halwa From Kerala
Cut the jackfruit into small pieces and set aside.
Place a flat bottomed dekchi on the fire and place the jaggery in it after crushing it. Add one and a half cups of water and place on a medium flame and allow the jaggery to melt. Add the cut jackfruit pieces... - 30.3069
Saraswat Phanasache Muluk Or Sweet Jackfruit Balls
Soak the rice overnight. Drain and wash it the next morning. Grind it along with the jackfruit and half the grated coconut and the jaggery. Knead the mixture like dough. Add the broken cashew pieces to it. Knead again and make small flat rounds.
Heat a karahi... - 30.2959
Orange Passion Fruit - Ade
Mix fruit juices together and add syrup to taste.
The amount of syrup you need will depend on the passionfruit flavour.
Tropical fruits are generally more tart than temperate kinds.
Add cold water or soda water, serve in long glasses garnished with a slice of... - 29.9614
Papaya Seed Marinade
1. In an electric blender container place vinegar, sugar, seasoned salt, and dry mustard, turn on motor and gradually add oil and onion.
2. Add papaya seeds and blend only until they are the size of coarsely ground pepper.
3. Transfer to a... - 29.7992
Kiwi Pineapple Smash
In a food processor or blender, whirl the chopped kiwis, pineapple, pine apple juice, lime juice, grenadine, and ice for 1 minute or until thick and frothy.
Pour the mixture into tall glasses and garnish with a slice of kiwi if desired - 29.5479
1. Lay on an ovenproof plate or dish cutting the papaya into lengths.
2. Scatter the sugar and cinnamon over and place under the broiler until hot and bubbling.
3. Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. - 29.4851
Lounge Lizard Cocktail
Juice the kiwifruit and cucumber for a high vitamin C drink.
Serve with a slice of kiwi, to decorate.
If you wish, stir in a tablespoon of pomegranate seeds. - 29.3246
Crepes Aux Oranges Et Kiwi
1. Make 4 large or 8 small pancakes and keep hot.
2. Grate the rind from one orange, and with a sharp serrated knife cut off the pith and carefully remove the segments of orange. Cut each segment into 2-3 pieces. Thinly slice the other orange.
3. Make the... - 29.2218
Juice all the ingredients together and serve poured over ice.
If liked, decorate with celery slices. - 29.1371
Baked Papaya With Ricotta And Citron
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Peel the papayas, cut them in half, and scoop out the seeds.
Place them in a baking dish that will hold them snugly upright.
Blend together the remaining ingredients and spoon the cheese mixture into the papayas' cavities.
Bake... - 29.0544
Aubergine With Pomegranate
GETTING READY 1) Lengthwise cut the aubergines into 1/4'' thick slices. 2) Sprinkle the aubergines with salt and in a colander, leave it to drain for... - 29.018
Kiwi crisps are tasty and original delicacies - the perfect snack for the tea-time. Easy and simple to cook, these are crunchy treats that everybody loves. - 28.9918
1. In a food processor blend all the ingredients and chill.
2. Serve with grilled fish. - 28.7959
Juice the pear and carrot and put in a blender with the papaya and an ice cube and blend until smooth.
Decorate with thin slices of pear if liked. - 28.539
Persimmon Or Kiwi With Liqueur
1) Slightly thaw the frozen persimmon on a plate and with a sharp knife, carve an X-shape
2) Peel a little skin, scoop out a teaspoon of the pulp and spoon in the orange liqueur.
3) Similarly, place the kiwi in a small glass and cut out the blossom... - 28.4873
Warm Papaya Relish
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet.
Cook over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat, and stir in cilantro and mint. - 28.2448
1. Combine the gelatin and the sugar in a small heavy saucepan. Stir in the water. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin and sugar dissolve. Remove the saucepan from the heat; cool to room temperature.
2. Peel the kiwi fruit;... - 28.0121
Steam the jackfruit in a sieve and set aside.
Make a syrup of the crushed jaggery and half a cup of water. Allow to come to a boil.
Meanwhile, mash the jackfruit in a mixie and pour it into the jaggery syrup along with the coconut milk and powdered cardamoms.... - 27.598
Quarter the papaya and remove the seeds with a spoon.
Peel the quarters with a sharp knife, then cut into smaller slices (about 1 inch wide), and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
Cut the Prosciutto in long, 1-inch strips.
Wrap them around the papaya slices, and... - 27.017
Shrimp In Papaya
Peel papayas and cut in half lengthwise.
Spoon out seeds and place shells on a large baking dish.
Stir together all other ingredients except coconut and paprika.
Spoon into shells and top with coconut and paprika.
Cover with waxed paper and cook on high, 6... - 26.6532
Spice Dusted Papaya
1. Cut papayas into 1/4-inch-thick slices and arrange on a platter.
2. In a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over low heat, stir ground cumin, cayenne, ground nutmeg, and pepper until the spices are fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from heat.
3. Sprinkle... - 25.6248
Raspberry Kiwi Ice Pops
Divide kiwi and raspberries among six 2-ounce plastic ice-pop molds.
Pour in cranberry juice. Freeze until solid, 1 to 2 hours. - 25.5689
Cut papaya in half lengthwise and scoop out- the seeds; place in a greased baking dish.
Melt together the butter, lime juice, and ginger; spoon into the cavity of each papaya.
Bake in a moderate oven (350° ) for 30 minutes, or until tender, basting every 5... - 25.0414
Peel papaya, remove seeds and cut into pieces.
Put in electric blender, add water and lemon juice and process until smooth.
Chill and serve in parfait glasses, topped with sprig of fresh mint. - 24.9738
Combine kiwi, apple juice, and lemon juice in container of an electric blender; process until smooth.
Stir in orange rind.
Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan; freeze until almost firm.
Spoon frozen mixture into a mixing bowl; beat with an electric... - 23.5515
Place papaya chunks, sugar, lemon juice, and gingerroot in a blender or food processor and puree. - 22.6576
Glazed Oranges With Kiwis
1. Cut thin slivers of peel from 1 orange with vegetable parer or sharp knife, being careful not to cut into white membrane. Cover peel with boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
2. Mix sugar and cornstarch in 2-cup measure; stir in water and orange... - 21.8399
Frozen Kiwi Frappe
1. Peel kiwis and cut in quarters. Place in a blender and puree, avoiding breaking the seeds. Transfer kiwis to a metal bowl.
2. Combine lemon juice and sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add to the pureed kiwis and stir to blend.
3. Place the bowl in the - 21.7323
1. Halve papayas; scoop out seeds, place on lettuce-lined plates.
2. Fill hollows with blueberries and grapes. Garnish each with a whole strawberry, if you wish, and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over. - 21.1025
Combine sugar and water in a heavy saucepan, cook over medium heat 15 minutes, stirring until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens.
Add papaya and lime juice, simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is reduced by half.
Serve over pound cake. - 20.1799
Pan Fried Papaya Rings
Peel papaya; cut in eight 1/2-inch crosswise slices; remove seeds.
Heat butter till bubbly; add fruit and cook quickly, about 1 minute on each side.
Sprinkle with lemon juice. - 18.8648
This is a simple recipe for serving papaya. The combination of pared papaya with lime wedge is mouthwatering. Try it! - 17.2889
Kath Eats Pomegranate
This video is a creation of KathEats. You can visit KathEats for complete recipes, and more videos. - 10.8427
Exotic Fruit Recipes By Category