- » Everyday Vegetarian Curry
Everyday Vegetarian Curry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of everyday vegetarian curry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for everyday vegetarian curry recipes.
Spicy Eggplant Curry
In India, eggplants are cooked in many ways with loads of spices in it. Another great dish that we have is spicy eggplant curry, its low fat, low calories and tastes extremely delicious. It even pairs well both with rotis and rice, so you don’t need to... - 142.777
Indian Eggplant Tomato Curry
This Indian eggplant tomato curry is an authentic eggplant preparation, which you should try to bring a variation in your regular menu. Eggplant is a versatile vegetable which can be used in various ways. The gravy is extremely delicious and can be served on... - 133.383
Indian Palak Paneer
The chef is cooking up a delectable, not so spicy, with a lot of greens and with a hint of spice, its palak paneer on today's menu. Indian vegetarians and non-vegetarians go mad over Palak Paneer. Its unbelievably simple dish and doesn't require much culinary... - 128.723
Sautéed Potatoes And Onions In Soy Sauce
Asian cuisine is brimming with excellence in food. Here is a potato and onion side dish from Korea. It is simple and easy to prepare. You can serve it with a variety of main courses. Watch the video to know more about the recipe. - 127.96
Indian Potato Curry
This Indian Potato Curry is a famous breakfast dish served with deep fried bread known as Poori. But it can used as a nice side dish or even as a main for vegans. Watch this video to learn this classic Indian dish. - 127.628
Stuffed Baby Eggplant Curry
1. In each eggplant make a "+" slit opening up to the crown area and cut a long purple eggplant into long single pieces.
2. Place the cut eggplants in water until ready to cook.
3. Blend all the stuffing ingredients into smooth paste... - 126.218
Tangy And Spicy Beans In Tomato
Wondering how to cook you black beans? Here is a video, and you solution! Made using a lot of tomatoes, this dish is tangy and spicy. Flavored with spices and herbs, this dish is high in fiber and low in fat! Watch and learn! - 123.475
Spicy Aloo Gobi Curry
Indian cuisine lovers, try this popular Spicy aloo gobi curry recipe. It is made by cooking cauliflower and potatoes in aromatic spices for well over an hour but this recipe shows you how to reduce your cooking hour to less than half. Happy cooking! - 122.826
Stir-fried Vegetables In Coconut Milk
Are you looking for a simple yet healthy vegetarian dish? Your search ends with Stir-fried vegetables in coconut milk. This dish goes well with plain rice or noodles. You can add color to the dish by decorating it with red chilli cut into the shape of a... - 121.649
Roasted Beets With Curry Dressing
Toni makes the easiest and best beets with a delicious dressing.
Here's the disclaimer: If you're like Toni and worried about your manicure you might want to pick up a pair of latex gloves. - 119.102
If you are the one who turn yourself away from tindora, then this is sure to make a top entry in your favorite recipe list. As shown, tindora fry with royal touch of crispy nuts is going to increase your appetite. The dish is very popular dish with added... - 118.7
Indian Lima Beans Curry
Lima beans or Pavta is something that is abundantly, freshly and freely available at my mother in laws kitchen during its peak harvest season. This is a regular meal at our house and my MIL makes best Pavta rassa (curry) bhaji. Its very simple, easy and... - 118.245
Curried Cauliflower And Veggies
Do you enjoy eating Indian food? Here is a great recipe for a great curry. A lot of cutting required for the dish, but otherwise simple. Watch the video to learn this recipe. Goes great with rice or bread, Watch and learn! - 117.681
Indian Methi Matar Malai
A delightful combination of Methi and Green Peas. This dish has nice rich creamy texture and is very aromatic with the use of fresh methi leaves. Very easy to prepare and make for guests who gives sudden visit! - 117.295
Ringan Bateta Nu Shaak
1. Fill a bowl with 3/4ths water and add a little salt.
2. Peel the eggplant roughly, chop roughly and add the pieces into the salted water.
3. Peel sweet potato completely, chop into big chunks and add into the water.
4. Chop the tomatoes... - 117.191
Indian Style Eggplant In Yogurt Sauce
Crispy, spicy baingans cooked in spicy, creamy, smooth yogurt sauce. A nice variation for regular baingan sabzi. It's very aromatic with use of fennel seeds and kasoori methi. Tastes just awesome! - 116.598
Indian Butter Paneer Masala
Butter Paneer or Paneer Makhani, its a very popular Punjabi dish. Paneer or Cottage cheese cooked in smooth, velvety, buttery and tasty tomato based gravy. Goes well with Naan, paratha or Jeera Rice! - 116.501
Dal is a popular Indian dish and you can also learn how to make this dish from chef Belucci by watching this video. The chef not only prepares delicious dal but also makes Indian bread that is usually served with the lentil curry. - 116.046
Indian Chana Masala
One of our Family Favorite dish. Very healthy and nutritious and easy to prepare. Tastes best when eaten with bhatura, roti or rice! - 115.847
Indian Paneer Korma
Paneer cubes cooked in velvety smooth gravy and has a goodness of all Indian spices that is combined with awesome flavors from bell peppers and garnished with cream! Being a paneer fan I can eat this almost every day :) I love the color, texture and heavenly... - 114.926
Eggplant Curry With Tamarind And Yogurt
Curries are an integral part of every cuisine and here is one of the delectable curries of Indian and SriLankan cuisine, egg plant curry with tamarind and yogurt. Learn how to make this king of vegetables in curry form through this video. - 114.921
This recipe is loosely based on a recipe from a book. The amount of ingredients are all my own approximation but it turned out very tasty, a perfect combo with roti, pulao or biryani (like they serve it in Hyderabad) - 114.113
Indian Green Peas Masala
A very simple and easy curry. Green Peas cooked in simple onion, coconut gravy. Gets ready in just 15 minutes and yet taste superb. Great to cook when you run out of time, vegetables or when guests give sudden visit. - 114.113
Here is a rich curry, which can be prepared in minutes! Check out Masoor dal. A very common dish in Indian households, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare. This is served with cooked rice. Add a vegetable dish to it and you get a complete meal. - 113.425
Indian Aloo Palak
Enjoy whole goodness of green with this delicious and flavorful Aloo Palak! - 112.085
Mixed Vegetable Sabji In The Pressure Cooker
Sabji or shaak is a must-have side dish in any vegetarian Indian meal and is a quick and easy way to include veggies in your diet. Watch Bhavna make a Indian-style mixed vegetable sabji which takes just 5 minutes to make in the pressure cooker. It is a great... - 110.704
Tindora Nu Shaak
1. Cut the tindora from the center and cut the halves again to get julienne cuts
2. Alternately cut them into circles horizontally.
3. In a nonstick pot heat oil on medium heat and splutter mustard and cumin seeds.
4. Add asafoetida,... - 109.332
Mixed Sprouts Curry
1. In a separate bowl take each type of bean, rinse separately and soak separately in enough water overnight.
2. In the morning drain off all excess water from beans, cover the bowl with a damp cloth and put the bowl of beans at dark... - 109.327
Moong Curry Or Mag Nu Shaak (green Gram Soup)
If you're looking for the recipe of green gram curry, then do try out this recipe. It's easy to make. Green gram is very high in protein. The curry is very tasty and healthy. So don't forget to watch the video for this healthy recipe. - 109.046
Lentil Chunks Curry
1. In a nonstick pan on medium heat, heat oil and add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and onion and cook until onions are almost done.
2. Then add lentil chunks and saute well.
3. Mix ginger garlic paste and salt and cook adding water as needed with cover... - 107.801
Indian Spiced Kidney Beans
1. Add all ingredients-except for tomatoes-to slow cooker.
2. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
3. Reduce heat to low and cook for additional 4-5 hours.
4. In a bowl combine 1/2 cup of cooked beans and tomatoes and hand blend into a sauce (or use... - 106.541
Indian Spiced Spinach And Potato Palak Aloo
1. In a pan heat oil at medium high and saute potatoes, stir every minute until cooked half way.
2. Add garlic and chilies and saute for 45 seconds.
3. Add dry spices (you can add extra oil in the center and cook cumin seeds for a few seconds before... - 106.462
1. In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat coat okra in oil, and let it cook for 10-15 minutes-gently stirring occasionally for even cooking. (Reduce heat to medium-low if burners are too intense.)
2. In another pan over medium heat saute onions... - 106.384
Sweet And Tangy Potato Curry
1. In a pressure cooker boil potatoes with salt and water for about 4 whistles.
2. Then add into a bowl and mash.
3. In a nonstick frying pot, heat oil and add 3 whole dry red chilies, then mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida, turmeric... - 106.288
Suran Nu Shaak
1. Peel and boil yam in a cup of water and drain.
2. Into a bowl add the yam, yogurt, ginger paste, green chili paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, sugar to taste and salt to taste and mash well with a potato masher.
3. In a pressure cooker pot... - 105.015
Simple Chickpea Curry
Indians abroad crave for their mother’s chickpea curry. Watch this video and learn how to make this classic Punjabi curry in a few minutes using canned garbanzo beans. This recipe comes pretty close to the one made by simmering the curry for hours. Infact... - 104.893
Those of you who mostly eat Indian cuisine will find the recipe of dal very useful. In most of the house holds of India dal is prepared daily. The chef prepares the dal in gujarati style. This dish can be served with hot rice or roti. You can impress your... - 103.187
Mixed Vegetable Curry
1. For spice paste, in a blender, add garlic, ginger, chilies, fennel seeds, and tomatoes. Grind until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large clay pot, heat oil, add onion, green chili, and curry leaves. Saute until onions are translucent.
3.... - 103.008
Parval Sabji - Parvat Nu Shak - Pointed Gourd Curry
Those fond of having the Gujarati cuisine will really enjoy this dish. This vegetable is very healthy and this dish is prepared in the regular day to day cooking. So do try out the recipe and surely watch the video. - 100.663
Dal Fry - Easy, Quick And One Pot Lentil Curry
If you enjoy eating Indian cuisine then you will relish the dal fry. For Indians, dal is an important part of their meal. You can serve the dal fry with hot rice, roti or naan. Watch the video for the quick and easy recipe of making dal fry. I'm sure your... - 100.162
Kantola Sabji - Indian Gourd Curry
Those looking for Gujarati cuisine recipes will find this recipe useful. kantola is a very healthy vegetable. It can be used for the regular day to day cooking. It can be served with roti or naan. This is a very basic and simple curry. Do check out the video. - 98.7623
Spicy Brinjal Curry
1. Melt the tamrind paste in warm water for 30 mins.
2. Microwave drum sticks with a pinch of salt and little water for 30-60 seconds and set aside.
3. For the spicy curry sauce: Heat oil in a pan, add channa daal, urad daal and stir.
4.... - 98.0403
1. Quarter the potato and microwave it for 2 minutes. Cut in pieces.
2. In a hot pan, heat the oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, cloves, fennel and crushed coriander seeds, stir well until right brown.
3. Add in the... - 94.116
Healthy Chana Masala
Healthy chana masala is a healthy take on the famous chick peas curry. It has all the goodness of Indian spices that work really well as an antiseptic and blood cleanser. Take a look at this video for this all time favorite dish that looks rustic and you will... - 91.7317
Yengai ( Curry ) And Vaangi Bhat Making Made Easier
There are several popular South Indian curries and this one is one of them. This is one from north Karnataka. A spicy-sour brinjal and potatoes curry, Yengai can be eaten with chapattis or can use tossed with boiled rice to make Vaangi Bhaat, another popular... - 89.0001
Homemade Thai Green Curry Part 1: Curry Paste
Want to replicate Curry Simple brand of Thai sauces? Chef Tina has successfully replicated this dish from scratch and her family is totally in love with the homemade Thai green curry. This curry can be a delicious base for all your favorite meat or seafood.... - 84.7876
1. Soak the tamarind in hot water for 10 minutes and take out the pulp (you should be able to get 2 cups of tamarind water from this).
2. In a microwave safe bowl, add toor dal in 1 cup of water and microwave it for 3 minutes.
3. In a... - 81.9516
Authentic Pav Bhaji Recipe Video - 80.1547
Curried Kidney Beans
If you are fond of kidney beans, this Indian recipe shown in the video is certainly to be tried. Rajma chawal make an interesting North Indian dish and you can savour it too.Just watch the video… - 79.0381
How To Make Guava Curry
If you are looking for ways to impress your guests over meals, try your hands in Bhal Dave's exotic guava curry. This fruity curry can be prepared at home with available ingredients and served with rice or roti. - 77.5319
The Perfect Vegetarian Dinner For Two
Want to enjoy a perfect dinner for two at home? Try simple and nutritious prepared squash curry with rice and salad. Easy detailing by Bhal Dave can help you to make this delicious meal in minutes. - 76.1972
Kerala Sambar is different from the typical Sambars made in the other South Indian states. Kerala Sambar is made using a mixture of different vegetables whereas the other sambhar is made using a single vegetable.
It is an excellent curry with rice or with... - 56.0353
My friend, who is a professional chef at Oberoi Hotel, gave me this Dal Tadka recipe. I like this healthy Dal Tadka recipe very much. Dal Tadka is a very common dish in the India. It is a good source of high protein. It is primarily eaten during Lunch. Dal... - 54.923
Dry Peas Curry
1. Pressure cook peas and potatoes upto 3 whistles.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
3. When they splutter, add onions and fry till golden brown.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
5. Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder,... - 53.3905
Have you ever tried this wonderful Dhokar Dalna recipe. I often make it as a treat for myself. Try making the Dhokar Dalna for yourself and you will understand why I am so addicted to it! - 52.6479
Moroccan Eggplant And Garbanzo Beans
1) Skin and cut eggplant into 1-inch pieces (measuring about 4 cups).
2) On a covered vegetable steamer, placed over boiling water, cook the eggplant for 12 minutes until soft but not mushy.
3) In a covered saucepan or skillet, over low... - 51.3897
Paanch Mishali Torkari
A mixed vegetables recipe hailing from West Bengal. Prepared with light spices and dried bay leaf, this juicy mixed vegetables preparation can contain your vegetables of choice and is usually mildly sweet because it almost always contains pumpkin. - 51.3235
1. In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, heat the oil over moderate heat
2. Add and sauté the onion, garlic and carrot just until vegetables are limp.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except for water and sauté lightly just until the flavors are... - 50.571
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot.
Add cauliflower, potato, carrots, red pepper, onion, peas, curry powder, garlic, raisins, and honey.
Cover partially and simmer for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat, stir in yogurt, and... - 50.5148
Sweet 'n' Sour Beans
1) Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
2) In a pan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
3) To this, add the reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and bouillon cube.
4) Cook over medium heat till thick and bubbly, stirring as... - 50.4715
Would you like to try authentic Aloo Gobhi at home? This Aloo Gobhi recipe is just the way it is prepared in Indian homes. Aloo Gobhi is a very popular Indian dish. It is primarily eaten during Lunch. Aloo Gobhi goes well with paratha , but it can also be... - 50.417
Ash Gourd Sambar
Cook the dal till soft and set aside.
Skin the ash gourd and preserve skins for use in chutney.
Chop off the soft portion of the ash gourd and reserve for use in soups.
Chop the rest of the gourd into 1 inch cubes.
Soak the tamarind in a cup of water and... - 50.0255
Chinese Mixed Vegetable
I love Chinese food and this is something which I love to combine with my bowl of plain rice. This Chinese mixveg is a delicious and colorful mix of vegetables cooked in the sauces to provide the authentic Chinese taste and flavor. - 50.0157
Split Pea And Spinach Curry
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the ginger until finely grated, keep aside.
2) Add garlic and process until finely minced.
3) Add onion and process until coarsely chopped.
4) In a large dutch oven, saute the onion and garlic in... - 49.9952
Ginger Celery Curry
1. In a small bowl or a cup, prepare a slurry by combining soy flour with ¼ cup water.
2. In a skillet or a non stick saucepan, heat oil over a medium high flame.
3. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and allow them to... - 49.974
This is a famous north Indian dish which can be had with roti or poori. - 49.6733
1)Soak the chick peas in water and soda overnight. Next morning, pick out chick peas.
2)In a pressure cooker, add chick peas, half of onion and garlic along with tea bag. Pour same water into it and boil for at least 20 minutes or until tender.... - 49.6164
Usually this curry is served with rice and its called as Rajma chawal. You can also serve this curry with any Indian Bread. - 49.6006
Vegetable Casserole Indian Style
1) Coat onions with turmeric, cumin and flour.
2) In a bowl, combine together chilli, peas or broad beans and peppers and then add in garlic.
3) Take a casserole and arrange a layer of onions in it.
4) Top with peppers and then with tomatoes.
5) Season... - 49.5329
Ghiya Ke Kofte
1) In a pan, heat oil for deep frying.
1)In a medium bowl, mix together besan, marrow, and next 5 ingredients to make a smooth batter.
2)Make small lemon sized balls of the batter. Pluck small portions and make balls of required... - 49.4086
Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a steamer.
Place apple, cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli in a steamer basket or colander and cover steamer.
Steam about 5 minutes.
Add red pepper, onion, peas, and tomatoes.
Steam for 3 more minutes.
Place curry powder,... - 49.402
Dal Plain Curry
This Dal plain curry is a simple, quick and tasty dish. enjoy! - 49.2549
In 2-quart casserole, combine onion, green pepper, apple, carrot, garlic and margarine.
Microwave at High for 6 to 10 minutes, or until onion and carrot are tender, stirring after every 2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, except rice and sunflower... - 49.2042
1. Peel and chop the ginger finely and soak in a little hot water.
2. Chop the green chillies.
3. Slice and chop coconut into small pieces.
4. Drain ginger. Put ginger, chillies, curry leaves, coconut into a pan. Add a little water and salt. Cook over a slow... - 49.1977
Cauliflower With Poppy Seed Sauce
Cauliflower in poppy seed sauce is yet another amazing recipe. You can make it using simple method and enjoy is with main course of your choice. Every bite of it is simply awesome. - 49.1014
1. Pressure cook dal and mash well.
2. Dice tomatoes, kohlrabi, chayote, potato,onion, tomato, carrot, radish and beans and pressure cook.
3. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds.
4. When they splutter lower the heat and add cumin seeds.... - 49.0088
Vegetarian Stuffed Squash
In medium mixing bowl, combine apple juice, margarine, coriander and cloves.
Cover with plastic wrap.
Microwave at 70% (Medium High) for 1 to 2 minutes, or just until margarine melts.
Unwrap black-eyed peas and place on plate.
Microwave at... - 48.9912
1) Prepare the lentils by cooking in 2 cups of water for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils get ready.
2) Use a fry pan to add oil. Heat up oil for frying onion, garlic, ginger and pepper to brown.
3) Stir in the cooked lentils into the... - 48.9671
1. In a heated dry, heavy-based frying pan add the desiccated coconut and toast until lightly golden.
2. Make a paste of the toasted coconut, garlic, shallots or onion, lemongrass, chillies, ginger, turmeric, salt and sugar either by pounding or... - 48.8982
Okra Corn Stew
1. In a flameproof casserole, heat the olive oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the onion and saute for 1 minute, until it wilts.
3. Add the garlic, green pepper, and chili pepper and saute another minute or so until soft.
4. Next, add the tomatoes, okra,... - 48.8823
Heat water or broth in a large skillet or heavy pot.
Add onions, ginger, thyme, marjoram, parsley, basil, dill, and turmeric.
Cook and stir onions and spices for 5 minutes, adding liquid as needed.
Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Add... - 48.8733
Raisin Spice Loaf
Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf dish.
Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
Tilt dish to coat.
Grind raisins in meat grinder or place in food processor bowl.
Process until raisins form a ball and clean sides of bowl.
In 4-cup measure, combine raisins, brown... - 48.7559
Curried Garbanzo Beans (chana Dal)
1) In a 3-4 quart pot, roast the cumin seeds in the heated oil over a medium heat for one minute
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion until finely chopped.
3) Stir into the pot and saute for about 3 minutes.
4) In the... - 48.6402
Quick & Easy Rajma
This is a very simple and easy rajma curry recipe. It uses very few ingredients which can be found in our pantry. As also, we cook this directly into a pressure cooker which reduces the time and effort on cleaning. - 48.6309
Crispy Fried Cauliflower
1) Rinse cauliflower with running water. Break out the flowerets from the cauliflower.
2) In a saucepan, add small amount of boiling salted water to cook the flowerets for about 10 minutes or until crisp and tender.
3) Drain excess... - 48.618
Black Eyed Pea Curry
1) In a small bowl, combine the curry powder, tomatoes, red pepper and carrot.
2) Thoroughly wash and drain the peas and keep aside.
3) In a large saute pan, add oil and heat up to sauté onions and cardamom pods till brown.
4) Add the... - 48.5898
Peas Skin Curry
Normally we remove the green pea pods from the skin and term it useless. No body knows that the skin too can be converted to a dish. If you really want to try then go for the ingredients.................. - 48.5875
Eggplant Bharta (smoked Eggplant)
Line your gas burner with an aluminum liner or plain aluminum foil.
(If you have an electric stove, place the eggplant under a preheated broiler, and turn it around until it is blackened on all sides, although it will never taste quite as smoky as when done... - 48.527
1. In a pan melt butter, stir in curry powder and ginger and cook about 1 minute.
2. Continue to cook adding carrots, onions and mushrooms stirring often, until onions are limp.
3. Stir in flour, gradually add cooking liquid from beans and cook and... - 48.4866