- » Everyday Italian Vegan
Everyday Italian Vegan Recipes
Enjoy our collection of everyday italian vegan recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for everyday italian vegan recipes.
This salad is loaded with zucchini, cucumbers, spinach and tomatoes. It is then tossed in a sweet vinaigrette dressing. The final result is a delicious salad that can be served as a side or eaten as is. It is great for lunchboxes as well. - 137.072
Raw Zucchini Pasta With Spaghetti Sauce
For all you raw food lovers, here is a vivacious recipe of zucchini pasta with citrus sauce. You won't believe how easy it is to make and if you have never tried it, try this raw food, it will change your perception for sure. Take a look at the video for this... - 135.877
Homemade Tomato Sauce
A quick and easy homemade tomato sauce can create splendor to your dinner table. Whatever dish you cook, add this special homemade tomato sauce as a side dish and just watch the expressions of your family members or guests. They might even go more for the... - 119.491
1. In a pot, heat olive oil. Saute onion, carrots, celery and asparagus.
2. Pour water and add salt and lemon zest. Bring it to boil and simmer till all the vegetables are cooked well.
3. Strain the broth through a strainer while mashing the... - 117.757
Homemade Indigo Granita
Homemade Indigo Granita - It looks fabulous and it is fabulous for your health too! This fancy sorbet is full of antioxidants. Watch and learn how to prepare this sorbet from this video. And as always, enjoy! - 114.43
Eggplant And Peppers Bruschetta
Who doesn't know how to make a bruschetta, right? But, have you tried putting together Eggplant and Peppers on French bread? This makes a pretty and delicious bite. Watch this video and give this recipe a try. These are ideal for a patio summer party and are... - 113.495
Antiaging Creamy Mushroom Soup
AntiAging Creamy Mushroom Soup is a simple soup which can be served hot or cold as per your preference. This soup is a right for a vegan meal. Enjoy this super simple Antiaging creamy mushroom soup. - 112.822
Italian Florentine Soup
Chef Mark gives you a glimpse into his ten day training for vegan food. He shows you the basics of creating healthy and delicious vegan soups. He shows you his favorite one-pot soup. It can not get simpler than this! Watch this video and learn a simple 5-step... - 105.4
This recipe video of double pesto describes that making pesto is easy but making a great pesto sauce calls for experience and adding the right ingredients in the right quantities. Watch on if you want to make a perfect pesto. - 97.2473
Vegan Eggplant Salsa
This easy pan grilled eggplant dip is fun to make and very healthy to eat. And the most important, all your vegan and vegetarian friends and family will feel loved at your parties! - 93.644
Antipasti Salad With Champagne And Orange Vinaigrette
Make your summer lunches more flavorful this season with this Antipasti Salad with Champagne and Orange Vinaigrette. Take a look at this video to get the exact recipe for this colorful and delicious salad. It can be a perfect appetizer or even a light lunch... - 93.0814
Italian-style Curried Eggplant And Tomato
Adam shares a wonderful side dish or even a whole meal using only vegetables. It is completely vegan and takes only 5 minutes to prepare. He shares a wonderful tip to curry up your food without having to simmer and fill up your whole house with the aroma of... - 91.19
Vegan And Gluten Free Pasta Mold
Having a normal meal like pasta can be quite difficult for those allergic to gluten. This recipe for Vegan and Gluten Free Pasta Mold is not only delicious but it also looks exotic. Try it out when craving for pasta next time. Bon Appétit! - 84.7083
Basic Pasta In Tomato Sauce - Part 3, Finishing Sauce
This is part 3 of a 4 part video series. This video shows the cooking and finishing of the pasta sauce. Watch this video to learn the simplest pasta sauce. Watch part 4 to learn how to finish the pasta in the sauce. - 63.0711
Basic Pasta In Tomato Sauce - Part 2, Preparing Sauce
This is part 2 of a 4 part video series. You will learn what all is needed to prepare basic pasta sauce. Watch and learn the pre requisites of this recipe. Watch part 3 for the details of cooking the sauce. - 62.9368
Spinach Lasagna With Steamed Veggies
Today, we are going to make Spinach Lasagna with Steamed Veggies using brown rice pasta and vegan cheeses. This is a vegan version of the popular Italian dish Lasagna using soy tofu, soy parmesan cheese and soy mozzarella cheese. Watch this video to see how... - 51.7936
Tomato Basil Soup
1. Roughly chop the tomatoes. Reserve 4 tomatoes separately and place the remaining in another bowl until required.
2. In a saucepan or skillet, melt the butter in the oil over a medium flame.
3. When hot, add onions, celery and garlic... - 50.5592
Vegan Lentil And Tofu Bolognese
1. In a saucepan, heat some oil and fry the onions for about 3 minutes, stir in mushrooms and garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
2. Stir in lentils, mix well and saute for another 2 minutes. Keep on stirring to avoid the burning.
3. In a bowl,... - 46.526
Sauteed New Potatoes With Herbs
1. Wash potatoes, scrubbing to remove grit.
2. Pare the potatoes and place in a bowl of salted water to prevent browning.
3. Drain and pat dry before cooking.
4. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over moderate heat.
5. Add the... - 46.0851
1. Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. In a non-stick pan, place eggplant cubes, cover and steam without water over low heat until the eggplant is tender-firm.
3. Season with oregano, parsley and Italian seasonings.
4. Let the eggplant... - 45.007
Hearty Macaroni Soup
1. In a large saucepan heat oil over a medium heat.
2. Put in onion and chilies and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
3. Put in red pepper, carrots, zucchini, stock, tomatoes and macaroni, bring to simmering and let it simmer for... - 44.9834
1. Saute diced bell pepper, celery, onion, green onion tops, and garlic in olive oil until tender.
2. Add mushrooms, olives, wine, tomato sauce, and canned tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add water if needed.
3. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti as per... - 44.3235
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In oven , set the gas mark 6, 400°F (200°C), and roast the almonds or microwave for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Chop the almonds roughly.
4. Take a skillet, heat the olive oil and fry the onion... - 44.2749
Pine Kernel And Tomato Sauce
1. In a wok, heat oil and add onions, and gently fry it for 3 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Take a blender, and add tomatoes and red pepper and puree it with parsley until smooth.
4. Add this mixture to the... - 44.2335
1) In a skillet, gently saute the carrot, garlic, onion and pepper for 10 minutes.
2) In a saucepan, boil the spaghetti in the salted water until just tender, drain and rinse under running cold water.
3) Return to the pan, mix in the butter or oil and... - 44.093
Hearty Macaroni Soup
1) Heat oil in a big saucepan over medium flame.
2) Stir in onion and chilies and cook for 3 minutes.
3) Combine red pepper, carrots, zucchini, stock, tomatoes and macaroni and cook in simmering heat for 10 minutes.
4) Add beans and thyme and simmer... - 43.5444
Grilled Fresh Herbed Vegetables
1. In a small bowl, combine herbs and let stand 3 hours or overnight.
2. Place eggplant in large colander over bowl and sprinkle with salt.
3. Let drain for 1 hour until eggplant slices are free of water.
4. Pat eggplant dry on kitchen... - 43.4589
Italian Fresh Green Bean Salad
1. In a saucepan, bring water to boil over moderate heat.
2. Add salt and beans and cook them until tender but crisp to bite.
3. In the meantime, in a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing and whisk with a fork until amalgamated.
4. When... - 43.0981
Mixed Greens And Fennel Salad
1) Cut the raddichio and lettuce in shreds and discard the cores.
2) Cut the fennel bulbs top and lengthwise quarter them.
3) Make an engled cut into each fennel quarter and remove the core.
4) Cut fennel into thin slices.
5) In a salad... - 42.9362
Grilled Radicchio Salad
1) Over high heat, prerheat the grill pan.
2) Cut the raddichio heads into quarters and remove the core.
3) In a small dish, pour 2-3 drops of olive oil.
4) Brush each raddichio quarter with olive oil.
5) Grill radicchio for 3-4 minutes... - 42.9017
Penne With Sun Dried Tomatoes And Pine Nuts
Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
In a blender, whizz the sun-dried tomatoes and chilli until smooth.
Add some olive oil if needed but not the oil from the tomatoes as it is too strong.
Heat a large pan and add the pine nuts - toast... - 42.5625
Marinated Tomato Mushroom Salad
1. In a food processor bowl, position disc with slicing side up.
2. Slice mushrooms and tomatoes.
3. Empty the sliced veggies into a large salad bowl
4. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper.
5. Whisk with a fork... - 41.6603
1) In a pressure cooker add all the ingredients except the red beans alongwith 2 qts water.
2) Allow to cook at a pressure of 15 lbs for 35 mins, then let the pessure reduce gradually.
3) In a pan, cook the red beans and stir into the soup when ready... - 41.5232
Easy Focaccia With Sun Dried Tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
2. In a small bowl, place the tomatoes and add enough warm water to cover them and keep aside for 2-3 minutes.
3. Drain the tomatoes and discarding the soaking water.
4. Slice tomatoes into thin strips.
5.... - 41.3624
1. In a medium size mixing bowl, put together all ingredients except orzo; toss well.
2. Stir in orzo.
3. Serve immediately. - 41.2995
Sun Dried Tomato With Chilli, Garlic And Black Olives
Cook pasta until firm to the bite if serving hot or just firm to the bite if serving as a salad.
While pasta is cooking, combine tomatoes, olives, garlic, chilli, vinegar and oil.
Return pasta with basil or parsley and tomato mixture to the warm... - 41.1903
Place tomatoes, garlic, pine nuts, chilli flakes and oil in a food processor; pulse to a smooth paste.
Add vinegar and pepper to taste.
Set aside or store.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water, until firm to the bite if serving hot, or just firm... - 40.9989
1) Coat an 872 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with butter.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal and water.
3) In a saucepan, bring the stock and oil to a boil.
4) Whisk the cornmeal in the stock and stir for 3 or 4 minutes or until... - 40.1268
Mushrooms Tuscan Style
1) In a closed pan, heat vegetable oil or butter and cook tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf in it for 1 hour.
2) Discard bay leaf and through a nylon sieve, rub the sauce or liquidize in a blender.
3) Add in mushrooms, olive oil, garlic, salt and... - 39.7914
1) In a nonstick skillet mix all ingredients.
2) Cook covered on moderate heat for 2 minutes.
3) Continue cooking till moisture has evaporated and vegetables brown lightly.
4) Serve warm or cold. - 39.7471
Louise's Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce
1) In a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients, cover, and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
2) Serve over cooked spaghetti or pasta.
If the sauce is too watery then stir in a 6-oz. can of tomato paste during the last hour of cooking. - 39.5625
Italian Style Marinated Carrots
1. Peel and slice carrots into 1/4-inch thick roundels.
2. Add them to a saucepan or steamer with boiling salted water and cook for about 15 minutes until tender but still having a firm bite.
3. Drain well and tip into a serving dish.
4.... - 39.4399
Italian Red Pepper Salad
Mix oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, salt and garlic.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
Serve on salad greens if desired. - 38.9164
1. Make 1/2-inch cubes out of the eggplant and do not pare.
2. In a medium-size frying pan saute in olive oil or vegetable oil, stirring several times for 5 minutes such that soft and lightly browned and spoon into a medium-size bowl.
3. In a 1-cup... - 38.9102
Skillet Zucchini Parmesan
1) In a heavy nonstick skillet melt margarine.
2) Mix zucchini and season with salt and oregano.
3) Cover the pan and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
4) Sprinkle cheese on top.
5) Serve immediately. - 38.5228
Cumin Scented White Beans
A simple to make Cumin Scented White Beans recipe.
Yikes...I almost forgot...I'll keep this one short and sweet!
First off, let me say...these taste a lot better than they look (what can I say, I'm still working on the picture thing;)).
This is the recipe I... - 38.0428
Pan Roasted Herbed Almonds
1. Into a small bowl, mix the seasonings.
2. Into a large skillet, add oil and let it heat over low temperature.
3. Thereafter add almonds and seasonings and let it cook slowly, stirring, until almonds are lightly browned, approximately... - 37.7615
Redbrown Tomato Sauce
1) Soften the tomatoes, onions and apple by cooking them and then with a wooden spoon, rub the vegetables through a nylon strainer or liquidize in a blender.
2) Thicken the tomato pulp with vinegar, spices and sugar by cooking and stirring well.
3)... - 36.9061
A great pasta sauce from Italy, based on basil and grated cheese. - 36.6677
1. Pare 6 strips of rind from 1 of the lemons, then finely grate the remaining rind from the remaining lemons, being very careful not to remove any bitter white pith.
2. Roll the lemons back and forth on the counter, pressing down firmly. Cut each in half and... - 36.4283
I love these easy peppers. They're so versatile. Serve them on salads, to garnish a sandwich, on steak or chicken, with grilled portabellos...the possibilities are endless. - 35.6303
Fresh Oranges With Lime Sorbet
1) Trim little skin from top and bottom of oranges and cut them across in halves.
2) Like a grapefruit, section each half of the orange.
3) Set the oranges in the upsright direction and top each half of oranges with fruit... - 35.5782
Bring water and salt to rapid boil.
Gradually pour the corn meal into the boiling water stirring well to keep smooth.
Continue to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring often.
Add a little at a time the butter and grated cheese.
Let each bit melt completely... - 35.4282
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water, until firm to the bite if serving hot or just firm to the bite if serving as a salad.
While pasta is cooking, combine tomatoes, garlic and oil.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Let stand while pasta is cooking... - 35.4193
Sweetly Light Fruit Salad
1) Make nice slices of apples, pears, bananas and dates.
2) In a bowl, place the sliced fruits and add grapes and cinnamon. Toss all together.
3) Spread a sweet sauce to serve the fruit salad. - 35.1793
Vinaigrette Herb Dressing
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the garlic until finely minced.
2) With the machine running, pour in oil, vinegar, thyme, marjoram, sugar and salt and process until well blended.
3) Allow to stand in a covered container for 30... - 34.7161
Stir Fry Zucchini
1. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil.
2. Add the zucchini and seasonings together and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently until tender crisp.
3. Serve the zucchini hot and crisp as a side dish or use as required in cooking. - 34.0904
Herbed Tomato Salad
1. Slice the tomatoes thinly and arrange on a shallow dish.
2. Sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs, basil is best, but parsley, chives or chervil will do.
3. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
4. When ready to serve sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil... - 32.9141
Clean the basel and procee it as shown.
Make Puree of basel
Mix nuts, garlic and cheese
Add extra virgin oil - 31.6106
1. Choose large fresh button mushrooms and slice vertically without removing the stalks.
2. In a small bowl mix the lemon juice with the olive oil and pulped garlic. Pour this mixture over the mushrooms and sprinkle with chopped parsley, salt and pepper. - 31.0851
Italian Style Tomatoes
1. Put the tomatoes into a shallow casserole dish and add layers of the remaining ingredients in order.
2. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, turning the dish halfway through the cooking time.
3. Serve immediately with bread to soak up the juices. - 30.6737