- » Escarole
Enjoy our collection of escarole recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for escarole recipes.
Escarole And Leek Gratin
When one thinks of fall comfort food, one thinks of something hot, bubbling, right out of the oven, just like this escarole and leek gratin. This recipe has it all..healthy green veggies, hearty cream and gooey cheese that come together into a warm and... - 127.811
Wegmans Escarole With Pancetta
Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck shows how high-quality convenience ingredients (chopped greens, pancetta, and our awesome culinary stock) get this versatile dish off to a flying start. Great with roasted chicken and pork! - 125.716
Rice Fritters Sour Cream Escarole And Upside Down Cake
If you are prone to lactose intolerance and want to enjoy dairy products, have a look at this video. The video shares amazing information on lactose free sour cream. The host also shows wonderful recipes combining sour cream with other ingredients . Check it... - 123.92
Stewed Escarole And Cannellini Beans
Chef Russel shows you a hearty vegetarian main dish made using beans and escarole. As suggested, this is a great way to include vegetables in your meals, while you also stock up on protein from the beans. Watch the video and make a meal right away. - 100.216
Peach And Escarole Summer Salad
Summer is a time for fresh, light and refreshing foods that need no cooking! This magnificent peach and escarole salad dressed with a slightly sweet sherry vinaigrette and a scatter of toasted walnuts and salty goat cheese is like summer on a plate. It’s... - 95.7702
Red Snapper Wrapped In Sweet Potato With Escarole
Red snapper wrapped in sweet potato with escarole is an amazing combination of some fancy ingredients that look jazzy and taste lush. This video is your able guide to cooking this exotic dish at home. - 82.596
Trout Baked In Escarole
Trouts are always my fascination while cooking. Once I found good quality trouts in market and then start the hunt for a perfect recipe. At last I tried myself and took a little of this and little of that and cooked Trout Baked In Escarole. Wow! Its simply... - 50.7954
Escarole Garlic Soup With Chicken Peas
1. Rinse escarole with water in order to remove sand from its skin.
2. Cut leaves in a cross section style into long thin pieces.
3. Take a 4-quart saucepan and heat olive oil into it.
4. Stir fry escarole, onion, and garlic in hot oil... - 49.3812
White Bean, Escarole, And Tomato Soup
1) In a Dutch oven, place the dried beans.
2) Cover the oven with 4 cups of water, and bring to a boil.
3) Then, reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes, until the beans are tender.
4) Drain the beans and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.... - 48.2231
Escarole And Vegetable Soup
1) In a 4-quart saucepan, mix together the oil and margarine.
2) Now, heat until the margarine is melted.
3) To this, add the onions, celery, carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, and garlic.
4) Over high heat, cook for 2 minutes until tender-crisp. Stir in... - 48.0211
White Beans And Escarole Chicken Soup
1)In a large saucepan, saute the sausage slices in the oil over a medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes per side until slightly stiffened and brown.
2) In a bowl, remove the sausage slices with a slotted spoon, keep aside.
3) In the same saucepan, cover... - 47.9787
Escarole And Rice Soup
1. Separate the leaves of escarole, discarding wilted or bruised ones
2. In a large basin of water, soak the escarole to wash off dirt.
4. Shred the leaves into 1-inch wide strips by stacking a few leaves at a time. Set... - 46.6514
Mushroom And Barley Soup With Escarole
Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
Add the mushrooms, onion, red pepper, and garlic, and cook over high heat, stirring, until the vegetable juices evaporate and the mixture begins to fry.
Because of the high heat, watch that the vegetables do not burn.
Change... - 46.4068
Asparagus Escarole Soup
1) Snap the rough ends of the asparagus off.
2) With a knife or vegetable peeler, remove the scales if preferred.
3) Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
4) In a 2-quart glass measure, combine together the asparagus, escarole, bouillon... - 45.478
Escarole And Butternut Squash Salad With Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Preheat oven to 400°.
Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Peel skin from squash.
Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
Cut flesh into 1 1/2-inch chunks; toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
Roast squash on the baking sheet until browned, 25-30... - 45.0152
Escarole & Lamb Soup
Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat.
Add lamb and brown well on all sides; push to side of pan.
Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until soft.
Stir in tomatoes (break up with a spoon) and their liquid, broth, and bay leaf.
Cover and... - 44.412
Chicken Escarole Soup
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion and garlic, and saute until tender.
Add water, bouillon granules, and chicken.
Bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
Remove... - 44.4032
Escarole And Eggs Au Gratin
Wash the escarole thoroughly, especially the outer leaves.
Shred it coarsely and cook it, covered, in about one quarter cup salted water until tender, about fifteen minutes.
Drain it in a sieve and press out excess water.
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and... - 43.4977
Italian Escarole Soup
Place the chicken in a large stockpot with the water, whole carrots, onions, and celery.
Bring to a boil, skim off any foam, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes.
Remove the chicken and set it aside.
Continue to simmer the stock for 30 minutes,... - 43.4056
Escarole Chicory And Radicchio Salad
1) Wash the chicory, radicchio and escarole. Throw away the bruised or discolored leaves. Dry using paper towels or in a salad spinner.
2) In a large salad bowl, combine together the greens, herbs and tadicchio. Use plastic wrap to cover... - 43.3705
Braised Veal With Escarole
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy-bottomed 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat.
Add half the veal and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned (about 8 minutes).
Lift veal from pan; set aside.
Repeat to brown remaining veal, adding more oil as... - 43.1102
Escarole With Beans And Olive Oilescarole With Beans And Olive Oil
Escarole With Beans And Olive OilEscarole With Beans And Olive Oil tastes great. Escarole With Beans And Olive OilEscarole With Beans And Olive Oil can be prepared easily. Escarole With Beans And Olive OilEscarole With Beans And Olive Oil must be treid for... - 42.7078
White Beans And Escarole Saute
1) In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
2) In the hot oil, saute garlic over medium-high heat, for 1 minute. Do not brown the garlic.
3) To this, add the escarole.
4) Saute 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until wilted.
5) Now, add the... - 42.5426
Braised Escarole And Broccoli Rabe
1) Wash escarole and broccoli rabe leaves. Drain excess water and pat dry.
2)Trim base of broccoli rabe stems and discard. Cut the rest of the stems, leaves and tops into 4-inch lengths.
3) In a saute pan, heat oil and stir in butter... - 42.4628
Escarole Chicken Soup
1) Simmer fowl with celery, onions, carrot, tomatoes, salt, bay leaf, and peppercorn until fowl is tender.
2) Remove the chicken, strain the broth, and skim off the excess fat.
3) Boil it and add seasoning to taste.
4) Boil the pasta until tender and... - 42.4308
Escarole And Bacon Salad
1 In a large salad bowl, place escarole and onions.
2 Keep aside.
3 In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
4 Remove the bacon, and reserve the drippings in skillet.
5 Crumble bacon, and sprinkle over escarole.
6 Add in the remaining... - 41.6114
Escarole With Olives
1 In a large saucepan, put the escarol with 2 cups water, 8 black peppercorns, and the crumbled bouillon cube.
2 Cover tightly and simmer gently for 50 minutes, adding any remaining leaves as soon as possible.
3 Stir at intervals, turning the... - 41.6045
Chicken And Escarole Soup
1. In a four quart saucepan, mix together the chicken with water and broth mix and allow to boil
2. Turn the heat down, cover and allow to simmer for twenty minutes
3. With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken onto a work surface, dice it and set... - 41.4691
Salad Of Escarole Chicory And Kirby Cucumbers
1) Clean the chicory leaves and escarole by washing. Tear them.
2) Using kitchen towel, pat dry the leaves and arrange them in a salad bowl.
3) Take a saucepan and mix oil, vinegar, sugar, and raisins.
4) Let the sugar dissolve over medium flame.
5)... - 41.3626
Lamb With Escarole Avgolemono
Cut lamb into 3 inch cubes.
Melt butter in a saucepan or casserole, add meat and onions, and brown well over moderate heat.
Wash and cut escarole into pieces.
Add to meat with water and salt and pepper.
Bring mixture to a boil, cover, and simmer for 1 1/2 to... - 40.5022
Escarole And Rice Soup
Heat the olive oil in a soup kettle.
Brown the garlic in the oil and discard.
Add the tomato and the escarole.
Cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 or 4 minutes or until the escarole is soft.
Add consomme and salt.
Bring to the boiling point and add the... - 40.2704
Escarole Lentil Soup
1. Take a Dutch oven and heat oil and stir in onions, parsley and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add water, lentils and boil the mixture. Cover and cook at low heat for about an hour until the lentils turn soft.
3. Add salt, escarole, and pepper... - 40.1576
Escarole And Noodle Soup
Heat the broth in a large saucepan.
Separate, trim, wash, and dry the leaves of the escarole.
Coarsely chop the leaves and stir them into the hot broth.
Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Heat the oil in a trypan, add the pork and saute, stirring, for 7 minutes or... - 38.9873
Butternut Squash And Escarole Cratin
1. Butter a 6- to 8-cup baking dish. Set oven rack in upper third of oven and heat oven to 400°F.
2. Bring 3 inches of waterto boil in a large saucepan. Add escarole and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold... - 38.9086
Zuppa Alla Escarole Con Polpette
Combine bones, peppercorns, parsley, bay leaf, stock, salt and tomato paste.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 1 hour.
Strain, cool, chill and defat.
Bring soup back to boil, add onion, celery and carrots and cook 10 minutes.
Add potatoes and cook 5... - 38.5414
Put beef shank into a saucepot or dutch oven.
Add tomato paste, salt, basil, oregano, and water; stir.
Cover; bring to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer until meat is tender (about 3 hours).
Add escarole, onion, potato, and celery; stir.
Bring to boiling;... - 38.4405
Escarole With Beans And Olive Oil
Escarole With Beans And Olive Oil tastes good. Escarole With Beans And Olive Oil is easy to make. Escarole With Beans And Olive Oil must be tried by beans lovers. - 38.2599
Lamb And Escarole Special
Boil escarole until tender in sufficient water to cover; put aside.
Place lamb in pan with oil and fry over medium heat until golden brown.
Add salt, garlic and tomatoes; cook an additional 10 minutes.
Add water and simmer until meat is tender.
Place drained... - 37.8045
Tortellini With Escarole In Broth
Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat.
Add onion, carrots, and lemon peel and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft (about 7 minutes).
Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
Add tortellini and cook, uncovered, until just... - 36.9985
Chicken Escarole Soup
In a large heavy saucepan over moderate heat, bring the chicken broth and water to a simmer.
Add the chicken, carrots, celery, onion, parsley, and pepper, cover, and cook until the chicken is tender about 20 minutes.
Remove the chicken and set aside.
Stir the... - 36.6785
Easy Cooked Escarole
1 Remove the stems from escarole and discard.
2 Thoroughly wash the leaves, and tear into large pieces.
3 In a large saucepan, put the escarole leaves without adding water.
4 Cook, covered over medium heat for 5 minutes or until wilted.
5 ... - 36.6301
Tortellini & Escarole Soup
1. Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart (5- to 6-liter) pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, and lemon zest. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft (5 to 8 minutes).
2. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Add pasta; reduce heat and boil gently,... - 36.3913
1. Wash, shake dry, and chop escarole, after discarding its leaves and trimming it.
2. In a large saucepan, add stock and allow to come to boil. Stir in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Mix in escarole, stir well, and take off from heat.
4.... - 36.3764
Hot Escarole And Potatoes Vinaigrette
Meat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick and saute with garlic until potatoes are almost tender and golden on both sides.
Add onions, stir, reduce heat cover pan, and cook slowly 5 minutes, or until potatoes are... - 36.3644
Wilted Escarole Salad With Pancetta And Garlic
1. Trim away the ends and any wilted outer leaves of the escarole. Separate the leaves, wash them well and dry. Tear the leaves into bite-size pieces, wrap and refrigerate. (The escarole can be prepared up to 1 day ahead.)
2. In a medium saucepan of boiling... - 35.8656
Herbed Escarole Salad
1) In a salad bowl, place the escarole.
2) In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, butter flavouring, basil, salt and pepper.
3) Beat the vinegar mixture well, to incorporated the flavours.
4) Fold in the vinegar mixture in escarole.
5) Serve... - 35.5375
Wilted Escarole Bacon Salad
In large skillet cook bacon till crisp; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
Crumble bacon; set aside.
Stir vinegar, sugar, salt, and dash of pepper into reserved drippings; bring to boiling.
Add green onion.
Gradually add escarole or lettuce to skillet,... - 35.5232
Broiled Sea Bass With Candied Tomatoes And Seared Escarole
Preheat the broiler.
Brush the fish with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place the fish on a broiling pan and broil until golden brown and just cooked through the center, approximately 4 minutes per side.
Cooking time will vary depending... - 35.0869
Escarole Salad With Melons And Crispy Prosciutto
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Arrange prosciutto in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until crisp.
3. Combine shallots and the next 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add escarole and... - 35.0574
In a 1-pint jar with tight fitting lid place corn oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, tarragon, pepper and garlic.
Cover and shake well.
Refrigerate for several hours
In large bowl toss together escarole, beans, zucchini and onion.
Serve with... - 34.9954
Chicken Breasts With Ham And Cheese On Escarole
1. Remove and discard skin from chicken breast. Cut chicken breast in half. With knife held parallel to work surface and starting from a long side of each breast half, slice horizontally, almost but not all the way through. Spread open to make butterflied... - 34.8276
Escarole And New Potatoes
Cook potatoes in water to cover in covered pot for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are cooked.
Heat oil in large skillet.
Saute onions and garlic in hot oil until onion softens.
Meanwhile, wash escarole, drain and break into 2 inch pieces.
Add escarole to... - 34.7741
Roasted Red Pepper And Escarole Crostini
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Brush 1 side of bread slices with 3 teaspoons oil; place on a baking sheet and bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add escarole, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or... - 34.6667
Sauteed Escarole With White Beans
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
Add the garlic and red-pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Add the escarole and salt and... - 34.3537
Chickpea And Escarole Soup
1. In a 6- to 8-quart pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, thyme and oregano, and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is wilted. Add the escarole, chickpeas and rice, and stir to coat lightly with oil. Add 10 cups of water,... - 34.3354
Escarole Salad With Anchovies Radishes And Spring Onions
1. Tear the escarole into bite-size pieces. We recommend using the lighter-colored leaves and avoiding too many of the sometimes bitter dark green leaves.
2. Rinse the anchovies under cold water, gently using your thumb to lift the fillets off the bones. Cut... - 34.3213
Wash the escarole and trim off all outside leaves.
Separate and drain.
Cut the leaves into quarters.
Brown the garlic in the olive oil.
Remove the garlic and discard it.
Add the escarole and oregano to the olive oil.
Cover and cook over medium heat until... - 34.2214
Slice endive and escarole finely.
Rub salad bowl with garlic; arrange greens in bowl.
Combine vinegar, oil, onions, honey, salt and pepper; mix well.
Pour over salad greens; toss well.
Serve immediately. - 34.1074
Escarole Chicken Soup
1. Simmer the fowl, covered, in water with the celery, carrots, onions, tomatoes, salt, bay leaf and peppercorns until tender, about four hours.
2. Remove the chicken pieces and save for another use. Strain the broth and skim off the excess fat. Heat to... - 33.9878
Escarole & Sausage Salad
Combine sugar, mustard, pepper, and vinegar; set aside.
In the kitchen, cook bacon in chafing dish or frying pan over medium heat.
When partially cooked, add sausage and cook until browned.
Remove from heat, lift out bacon and sausage, drain, and set... - 33.8444
Chilled Escarole Soup
In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan, stir onion often in oil over medium-high heat until onion is limp, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add escarole and stir until wilted, 6 to 8 minutes.
In a blender, smoothly puree escarole mixture with yogurt.
Mix with broth.
Cover and chill... - 33.3644
Braised Escarole With Anchovies
Heat the oil in a frying pan.
Brown the garlic and discard.
Stir the anchovies into the oil and cook for 1 minute.
Add the escarole and mix well.
Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, for 3 or 4 minutes or until the vegetable is tender but crisp.
Season... - 33.2869
Italian Sausage With Fusilli, White Beans And Escarole
1. Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed sauce pot. Add onions and saute until soft, 5-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook gently for 2-3 minutes. Add bay leaves.
2. Raise heat to high. Add escarole and stir until wilted. Stir in chicken broth and cook, uncovered,... - 32.8944
Chick Pea Escarole Soup
1. Cook salt pork in a medium saucepan of boiling water 10 minutes to remove salt; drain. Cut into 1/4-inch dice.
2. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add salt pork and onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion is softened. Add garlic... - 32.8479
Penne With Garbanzos Escarole And Plum Tomatoes
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add garlic; saute 1 minute.
Add escarole; saute 4 minutes.
Add tomatoes and next 5 ingredients; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in pasta and vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until heated. - 32.7869
This recipe can be doubled. For a larger party, cook in batches. - 32.117
Escarole And Pasta Soup
1. Separate the escarole leaves from the head and discard any which are inferior. Put the rest in a large saucepan filled with cold water and 1 tablespoon of salt. Leave them this way for 15 or 20 minutes. Remove the leaves and set aside in a colander.... - 32.1029
Sausage Lentil And Escarole Stew
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa and cook, turning occasionally, until well browned, about 10 minutes.
2. Add garlic, caraway, and fennel to saucepan. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add onion and cook... - 32.0685
1. Pick tough and faded outer leaves out of escarole.
2. Separate the good pieces remainder into pieces.
3. In a large saucepan, place the escarole and pour enough water to cover it.
4. Add garlic and salt; cover and cook until the... - 31.4659
Escarole Sauteed With Garlic
1 Shake the excess water from the escarole and tear the leaves in half.
In a 12 inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil over high heat until very hot but not smoking.
Stir in the garlic, orange rind, orange juice, pepper, and escarole.
Immediately lower the heat... - 31.0139
Escarole, Apple, And Mushroom Salad
Tear the escarole into bite-size pieces.
Place in a salad bowl with the apples and mushrooms.
In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, yogurt, mustard, and marjoram.
Beat together well.
Pour the dressing over the salad, toss. - 30.8949
Escarole And Arugula With Creamy Anchovy Dressing
Trust me, this Fried Escarole And Arugula With Creamy Anchovy Dressing recipe Is nice. I have shared this Escarole And Arugula With Creamy Anchovy Dressing with many of my friends and neighbors and every single one of them raved about it! You will too! - 30.1798
Halibut With Lemon Oil And Sauteed Escarole
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the crushed garlic clove and the lemon zest. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes, and then discard the garlic.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1... - 29.8243
Remove core from escarole and discard any bruised, yellowed, or tough leaves.
Rinse remaining leaves, drain well, and chop coarsely.
Melt butter in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add escarole and stir until well coated with butter.
Pour in broth and... - 29.7765
Beans And Escarole
Beans And Escarole is a good recipe any veggie can try! The combination of vegetables in this Beans And Escarole dish is one among my favorites. They are great to eat! - 29.6004
Escarole Italian Style
Trim and discard core and tough stems from escarole.
Rinse leaves, drain well, and tear into 2-inch pieces.
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir pepperoni until it sizzles and begins to brown, about 4 minutes.
Add garlic and stir for 30... - 29.1685
Sicilian Chicken Soup With Escarole Andpastina
1. In a large soup pot, simmer chicken (including back and neck), leeks, carrots, celery, oregano, broth, and 4 cups water for 45 minutes. Remove chicken and let cool; pull meat from bones, discarding bones. Strain broth; skim off grease.
2. In a large... - 28.7241
Fettuccine With Escarole And Brie
1. In a large pot of generously salted boiling water, cook the pasta until just al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 1/4 cups of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, in a very large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the pancetta and cook ver high heat, stirring,... - 28.5398
Escarole And Bacon Salad
Place escarole and onions in a large salad bowl; set aside.
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet.
Crumble bacon, and sprinkle over escarole.
Add remaining ingredients to hot drippings; stir well.
Quickly pour... - 28.0854
Easy Cooked Escarole
Remove and discard stems from escarole; wash leaves thoroughly, and tear into large pieces.
Place escarole leaves in a large saucepan (do not add water); cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until wilted.
Heat oil in a medium skillet; add... - 22.7964
Escarole Salad With Tarragon
In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste, add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified.
Cut off and discard the tough stems from the escarole, chop the leaves coarse, and in a large bowl toss... - 21.4987
White Bean And Escarole Soup
1. Coarsely chop the garlic and escarole and keep it aside.
2. Dice the potatoes and slice the tomatoes and onion, combine the onions and potatoes in a bowl and keep potatoes separate.
3. In the tomatoes and onion bowl add 1 teaspoon of olive... - 0
Escarole Recipes By Category