- » Endive
Endive is a lettuce like green vegetable that is generally used for making salads. This leaf vegetable belongs to the Composite family, just as chicory. In fact, it is the second growth of the chicory plant, where ... More »
Endive Salad Boats
1. Separate the endive leaves, rinse and gently pat dry endive leaves, trim the edges.
2. Segment the orange into supreme pieces, reserve the core.
3. Shave or crush the almonds in a bowl.
4. Place one segment into each endive... - 121.227
1. Wash endive, spinach, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes to free them from any dirt.
2. Remove stems from spinach leaves.
3. Slice mushroom into five slices, right through the stem.
4. Peel avocado; cut in six slices and brush with lemon... - 47.3715
La Coupole Salad
1) Trim the root end of the endive.
2) Separate the leaves, rinse well, and pat dry.
3) Cut lengthwise into thin slivers and place in a large bowl.
4) Rinse the mache and shake dry.
5) Add the mache to the endive along with the... - 46.4075
Endive A La Mornay
1) Remove any wilted leaves of endives and wash them in cold water.
2) In a large skillet, over low heat, heat 1/4 cup (60 ml) of butter and allow water, lemon juice, seasonings and endives to simmer in it for 15 minutes.
3) In the... - 46.3738
Christmas Relish Tree
1. Wash and separate endive and remove tough ends of each leaf.
2. To assemble tree secure base ends of endive leaves to cone with florist picks.
3. Begin at the bottom and continue to work around and upward, until cone is completely covered with... - 45.6213
1) Remove any wilted leaves of endives and wash them.
2) In a large skillet, over low heat, heat butter and allow water, lemon juice, salt and pepper and endives to simmer in it for 15 minutes.
3) Take a small sauce pan and bring ham,... - 41.4926
Christmas Relish Tree
1) Take the endives and remove tough ends from each leaf.
2) Start forming the tree by attaching leaves to the bottom of cone using florist picks. Move upward, completely covering cone with endive.
3) Attach vegetables on the cone using wooden picks,... - 40.8623
1 Peel the leaves from core of endive.
2 Thoroughly wash the leaves.
3 Pat dry with paper towels.
4 In a plastic food storage bag, place the leaves and refrigerate.
5 In a bowl, combine cream cheese, blue cheese, and... - 38.1029
1) In 8x8x2-inch baking dish, arrange the endive halves, cut side facing down.
2) On this, add the water and salt.
3) With a vented plastic wrap, cover and on high power, microwave for 4 minutes.
4) Let the mixture stand for a minute.
5) Then, drain... - 37.4848
Arugula Watercress And Endive Salad
Combine arugula, watercress, and endive in a large bowl; toss gently.
Cover and chill.
Combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients in a jar.
Cover tightly, and shake vigorously; chill thoroughly.
Pour vinegar mixture over arugula mixture, and toss gently.
Place 1... - 37.3483
Health And Fiber Rich Tangy Endive
1) In a saucepan, heat oil. Add in the onions and fry till they become soft and golden brown.
2) Separate the endives. Add into the saucepan with the orange peel, salt and pepper.
3) Cover well. Cook for about 20 minutes, while tossing the endives... - 36.9533
Easy Cooked Escarole
1 Remove the stems from escarole and discard.
2 Thoroughly wash the leaves, and tear into large pieces.
3 In a large saucepan, put the escarole leaves without adding water.
4 Cook, covered over medium heat for 5 minutes or until wilted.
5 ... - 36.6301
Belgian Endive, Orange And Watercress Salad
Combine the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, mustard, sugar and a few drops of Tabasco in a bowl.
Add the oil a little at a time, beating constantly, until the dressing is smooth.
In a large salad bowl, put the orange slices, endive and watercress.
Pour... - 35.9802
Heat a skillet.
Add the oil and endive.
Saute until transparent.
Add the water.
Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Add the tamari and simmer uncovered until all the liquid is absorbed. - 29.4185
Grape Arugula Endive And Roquefort Salad
In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and the mustard and add salt and pepper to taste.
Add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified.
Divide the arugula among 4 salad plates, top it with the endive and the watercress,... - 26.4769
In a frying pan, melt butter.
Cook endives and onions 3 minutes or so.
Add pastis and nutmeg.
Season with salt and pepper, mixing well.
Continue cooking until liquid has evaporated. - 24.4509
In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; spoon about 1/2 tsp (2 mL) onto each endive leaf.
Top each with shrimp and dill sprig. - 23.3814
Easy Cooked Escarole
Remove and discard stems from escarole; wash leaves thoroughly, and tear into large pieces.
Place escarole leaves in a large saucepan (do not add water); cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until wilted.
Heat oil in a medium skillet; add... - 22.7964
Endive Recipes By Category